40 Years Old, 2 Kids, Weight Loss- Saggy, Deflated Boobs

I have been thinking about getting a breast lift...

I have been thinking about getting a breast lift for years. Before I had kids my breasts were small, barely an A cup. During both pregnancies I gained a lot of weight, even though I exercised and was careful about my diet, and my breasts became enormous. After my second child I lost a lot of weight and my breasts continued to shrink and get more droopy. I finally decided it was time to have a consultation and see what options I had. I knew I probably needed a lift and might want implants as well. I picked my surgeon first on credentials and reviews, then after I met him I knew he was the one for me. Not only was he very knowledgeable, he was also kind and caring. He prefers to do the breast lift first, and then do implants about 3 months later. The reason for this is you will heal better after a lift without the added pressure and strain on the incisions from implants. Then you have a good, solid base when you go back to have the implants. I hate the thought of 2 surgeries, but I want the best results I can get. My lift will cost $5470, this includes physicians fees and anesthesia/facility fees. My Dr. thinks I may be completely happy with just a lift, but I'll have to wait and see after I'm all healed up. If I do get implants, the cost will be $3900. I'm nervous and excited, and I wanted to share my experience throughout this process to help other women. I will post before pictures, and I will update and add pictures after surgery to show my healing process and results. Also, I must add how I was able to pay for my surgery. I have horrible credit due to my ex husband, so getting financing was a challenge. I was able to get a small loan from Avant credit for $2000, and I made payments to the doctor's office for the rest. I made my final payment yesterday and I feel awesome that this surgery will be happening in 41 days!

Change of plans

After much thought and second guessing, I decided to see another surgeon. I kept thinking how much I hated the thought of 2 surgeries. So, I went for a consultation today and will be having a lift with augmentation on 5/12/14. I'm so glad I got another opinion!

Another change of plans

I got a call from my new surgeon this morning. After analyzing my photos he has decided I do need to have 2 surgeries. First the lift, then implants in 3 months. I'm disappointed, but I want the best outcome. The good news is he won't charge me any extra for the second surgery, so I'm getting both for $7700. His reason for wanting to do it in stages is my areolas are so large that it will take a lot to reduce them to the correct size and the concern is the pressure from the implants could cause the incisions to seperate and not heal properly. I'm impressed that the Dr. called me personally to give me this info and didn't have one of his nurses do it. I want to laugh and cry at the same time, this is the kind of luck I seem to have.

Part 1 is done!

I had my breast lift this morning and everything went great. I'm kind of out of it after anesthesia and pain meds so I'll keep this short. My pain level so far is not bad at all and from what I can see just peeking under my surgical bra looks great. I'll post pics in a few days when I can take my bra off and shower. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning!

After pics

I'm day 7 postop and I feel pretty good. For some reason day 5 was the worst, but I think I did too much day 3 and 4. I still have a lot of bruising and occasionally have sharp pains, most likely nerve pain. I'm posting a few after photos but I still have tape on my breasts so it's hard to see everything, but there is a big difference from my before pics. I will be getting implants in 3 months and I've decided to go ahead and get a tummy tuck at the same time.

Almost 4 weeks postop

My incision are healing well and I feel pretty good. I finally found bras that work and feel comfortable. I will post pics of what I found works for me and doesn't rub the incision under my breasts. I'm also posting pics of my healing incisions. I still have asymmetry that will be corrected with my second surgery.

Pic explanation

The captions for my pics didn't show up. The first one is Adidas light support bra, the next is champion medium support bra, the third is combo if Tommie Copper camisole under surgical bra, the last 2 show my incisions 4 weeks post op.

1 month follow up appointment

I saw my surgeon yesterday for my one month follow up. He said I'm healing very well and the best part is it's safe for me to get into swimming pools, lakes, or rivers. Yay! We talked more about my second surgery which will be the implants and tummy tuck. My only concern is not being able to fully raise my arms for 6 weeks. I thought it was just 2 weeks, I guess I better start practicing now so I can figure out how I'm going to pull my hair up for work and complete some of my tasks at work. My boyfriend may have to be my personal hair stylist for a while. Lol! I plan to have my second surgery in about 2 months, I'll have an exact date next week. I'm nervous and excited!

Almost time for part 2

Only 2 weeks until my next surgery, Implants and tummy tuck. I'm excited and scared, my biggest fears are choosing the wrong size of implant, and going back to work 12 days after. I imagine myself with freaky gigantic boobs and then doing too much at work and having my tummy incision bust open. Realistically, I know I'll be fine but my imagination takes over and goes crazy. I'll post preop pics soon. I am so ready to get rid of my floppy belly!

Part 2 complete

I had my tummy tuck and implants 2 days ago and I feel like I was run over by a truck. My belly is swollen and sore, and my chest feels hard, achy, and the implants are up very high right now. The good part is my boyfriend has taken good care of me and is an expert now at emptying my drains and removing the wedgie caused by my compression garment. Lol! The garment is like a one piece swimsuit that is extremely tight, it has eye/ hook closures at the crotch, shoulders, and on one side along with a zipper on the side. Yesterday at my follow up I also got the joy of getting a band that wraps around me above my boobs. I'll post more as I recover , but right now I'm just kind of miserable. I hope the outcome is worth all of this pain and discomfort.

3 days post op

I can almost stand up straight, which is a huge relief to my lower back. The advice I'd give anyone that's going to get a tummy tuck is to strengthen those back muscles before surgery. Overall I feel better today, I still feel like I was kicked in the chest and stomach multiple times, but I'm able to move around more today. My stomach is still swollen and my breasts feel huge, so far my incisions don't really hurt that much it's just internal pain. Even though there's been a lot of pain, I'm still glad I decided to get these surgeries. After years of struggling to find bras, swimsuits, and clothing to hide the damage done to my body from pregnancy as well as the physical discomfort it's an amazing feeling to know that's all in the past.

5 weeks post TT and implants

I'm slowly feeling better and can stand completely upright most of the time. I've had seromas drained 3 times and I think I'm finally done with that. My incisions look great and my implants are dropping. I definitely underestimated how hard the recovery would be, I had to go back to work 2 weeks postop and I was exhausted and wanted to cry every day. I would suggest that anyone who has an active job take 3 weeks off, also important if you work 12 hour shifts like me. I've finally been able to switch from my horrible compression garment to Spanx. It's still uncomfortable, but at least it's a different type of discomfort. In the end, I know all of this will be worth it, but I've definitely had some minor emotional breakdowns. Between pain, lack of sleep, swelling, limited activity, and questioning if I chose the right size of implants I've been sad, cranky, and difficult to live with. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from having this surgery, I'm just sharing the good and the bad so other women will know what to expect. I will post pics soon.

5 week postop pic

I am finally posting an after pic. I don't have a before of my stomach, I thought I had one but I guess I accidentally deleted it. Anyway, here is an after pic of my TT and BA at 5 weeks postop. Implants are still high and there's still swelling in my belly, but my incisions are healing great.