Removing my 500cc over the Muscle Silicone Implants

In 1992 when I was 20 I had my first set of...

In 1992 when I was 20 I had my first set of implants. I was a skinny kid with 32AAA breasts. Here are the surgeries I have had: 1992 - 325cc saline implants. I went from a 32AAA to a 34B+ 1993 - had 325cc implants overfilled to 350cc because of rippling. Now a 34B++ 1997 - went from 350cc saline to 550 silicone round smooth implants. Now a 34D 2003 - went from 550cc silicone implants to 700cc silicone implants. Now a 34DD/36D (amazing that that's all the "bigger" I was) 2007 - went from 700cc silicone implants to 500cc silicone implants. This is where I am currently at and I'm a 34D. I want them removed. My scars are long and visible under my breasts (or really just on the lower part of my breast under the nipple). I have zero sensation to the point that I don't even like my breasts being touched on the lower half because it freaks me out. Both my plastic surgeon and my OB/GYN have expressed their concerns over my wanting to have them removed because of the fact that I have absolutely NO natural breast tissue. There is a tiny sliver of breast tissue directly behind my nipples but that is it. I am 100% implant. I have considered just getting a very small implant instead (like a 150cc) but I really just want to be free! I so much appreciate the women who have shared their stories on this site. It truly has helped so much. The only thing that I see that really worries me is that all of the women either have at least some amount (even if itty bitty) breast tissue or they have none but only had the implants in for a short period of time. I have zero breast tissue and I've had these suckers for 20+ years. I'm currently at 115lbs.
Unknown

Thank you for that, I agree. Does anyone else feel this.............Until these damn things are out, I just want to put life on hold. I've become a voluntary recluse!! I don't want to socialise any more with these ticking time bombs and reinforcing my big breast image. I want to disappear until I emerge flat chested!!! I keep reminding myself that Jane Birkin was flat chested and she put out the 'sexiest record ever' and Chanel called a handbag the Birkin after her!!! I know they weren't in quite the mess mine are going to be in but I have to cling on to the small things.....literally!!!!
Two weeks post surgery...my healing is slow; perhaps due to my age, my immunity system or even the fact I could have had a poison slowly leaking into my body for the past... 32 years??? :0 I form Keloid scar tissue naturally; maybe I'll have enough scar tissue to fill a small bra cup!harhar BUT, WITH THAT SAID.... I am uber excited to have the feeling of loose "soft" skin in my hands!! It reminds me of being about 17 and complaining to my daddy (one of my absolute heros in life) about the size of my boobs and boys and yadda yadda; his reply? "Oh honey, you're so beautiful, besides...remember more than a mouthful is a waste". Oh that I would have relied on his words of wisdom and seen myself through his eyes. I suppose, MB, that you are a grown woman, and I'm just going to tell ya straight up... SET THE DATE, because you will feel soooo much better! Specialized bras can be a teence pricey, but hey, certainly far more cost effective than a 7k-9k surgery!! You could have one of every color and still come out ahead of that price range!! Oh, and...just on a "smaller" :-p note. This weekend at a wedding for close friends I was asked several times If I had lost weight...rofl. I chose NOT to share the surgery info with ANYONE but my daughter who was my ride to and from. That felt GREAT!! Oh, and I'm not a small person; I am 6'6 1/2" and go between 140-150 like a constant yo-yo...though not as proportionate as when they were in; to date it was/is still worth having them removed! Tata...for now!
Hi MBgirl. That is a lot of surgeries, a lot of money, a lot of pain....for, not much success. It seems your body doesn't like having implants, and that surgeons are more than happy to keep trying if you are. You said you want off the roller coaster, and it sure seems that's what it is, a roller coaster from hell, I'd say. Its completely understandable you want them out and this to be over, but are afraid of the results. We are all afraid. Some more than others depending on age, breast tissue volume, and implant size and duration. I had my removal 10 days ago, am 48, had implants for 10 years, very thin skin over implants, and minimal breast tissue. I was determined to get them out because I didn't want to continue with surgeries, plus they hurt every damn day. I realized I was not a good 'candidate' for removal in a plastic surgeons eyes, but I was a perfect candidate in my eyes. I did not listen to, 'you will not be happy', 'you will have flat empty sacs' and 'you will definitely need a lift, and possibly still, a small implant'. I decided my health and happiness was more important than perfect boobs. Period. If, after explant, like a year later I was devastated by their appearance, I may consider another donut lift...but it would have to be pretty damn bad! And, even at 10 days after explant, there is no way I will need further surgery. If I was in your situation, I would explant, wait a year, and consider a lift if you are absolutely unable to live with the appearance. I am not in your body though, and it is ultimately you who needs to be happy. I will be uploading pictures this week after I get the tape off, and that will be at 2 weeks post off. I weigh 115 and am 5'4". I couldn't be happier, feel so much better physically, have no further surgeries to worry about, and I would like to see you in the same boat.The happy boat. Instead of a slave to surgery, pain, worry, implant boat!

You might want to check out this list of bras that can help give you some oomph after explantation. There's also the possibility of fat transfer later if you really hate your results.

I have almost no natural breast tissue either. I ad my first set of implants for 15 years and my current ones for 6. I am scheduled for removal July 30. I have accepted the fact I will be flat, but I'm ok with it. So tired of breasts being rock hard and painful. Beauty is on the inside! Best of luck to you.
So, what happened with your surgery, did you go ahead?
I haven't scheduled surgery - still in the consulting phase! ;)
I am in exactly the same boat as you and have even further complications in that one of my countless, we're talking double figures here, revision surgeries left me with an abscess and I had to have my whole right breast dug out with it. I am also now all implant and my surgeon tells me that most of my left breast seems to have disappeared as well. However, one has ruptured and the other is absolutely rock hard and very painful and sitting extremely high, almost up to my collar bone. The usual stories of pain and not being able to hug anyone apply but the main reason is that I just want to go back to nature and feel free and not worry every single damn day about what is going to happen to these monsters next. Implants have never made me happy, they have always given me pain and cause to worry as each set ruptured and capsuled within six weeks of surgery, progressing from hard to rock hard and immoveable within 6 months of surgery each time. Due to the fact that I also have no breast tissue I am having to get my head around the fact that I will be left 'flat like a man' as my surgeon tells me and he's right. The alternative is to spend another 7 thousand to have more revision and then watch them capsule and harden within 6 months just like every other set has done since I first had these damn things. I am going to rock the flat chested look with lots of big frills, ruffles and long necklaces. I'm growing my hair long and I'm gonna do hippy with loose camisoles and no more worry about leaking silicone and lopsided rock hard breasts. I have never had any pleasure out of them and have spent close on £30,000 trying to repair and replace. The flat chested result from removal may not bring me pure happiness but it will bring me peace and remove the fear I've been living with every day of my life since my 20's, I'm now mid 50's. My surgeon tells me that this is not a simple removal since I have no tissue, and they will not spring back or fluff up. He has warned me that I am going to end up with a mastectomy look rather than a small chested look but I don't have anywhere else to turn with this. He would prefer I give implants another go but I need to get off this pointless rollercoaster of time, money, fear, upset, anger and everything else you can imagine.
You will get lots of answers here and you are certainly not alone in wanting them out completely. I totally get it that's for sure!
Hi there. I not sure if your concern is that you might have a lot of stretching since you have had them 20 years. I had my explant June 5 and am so glad I did. I had implants for the past 38 years. One set for 10 years and one set for 28 years. My concern was if I would have boobs to my knees. I am very satisfied with my results. It seems most of the ps do not want to do explants. Please research this site. Hopefully you will get the answers you seek. Best of luck to you!
Just had my ex-plant last week. No breast tissue left as they were so encapsulated as well as leaking. What itty bitty tissue I had came out with the ruptured silicone implants I had put in eons ago. I went out of state to some back alley doctor who pushed out hundreds of surgeries a week; the surgery is a blur and I have NO IDEA how I got to the airport or on the plane for that matter and back to San Diego where I started. Truly; I should have had them removed much sooner. I'm thinking way before they even began to feel like little bowling balls for children would have been ideal. What I'm trying to say is when we are young we oft times make rash decisions AND for the wrong reasons; as if the worth of our souls and our content of character lies in the size of our breasts. You were a "skinny" 20 year old...AAA probably suited you perfectly!! I am 50; I actually feel silly that I allowed myself to think so little of WHO I WAS... I sincerely believed "boobs" would make me a better person and make people (guys) like me more. I can not lie; I cried the first time I looked down upon my NON-D sized melons (I was petrified to even look took until the drains came out). But my daughter, who was helping me after surgery, said, " Mom, you look just fine. I mean really, you're old anyway (thanks Punkin)..that's what they're supposed to look like. Mercy, you should be doing the grama bend over to get the saggy baggy skin into a cup, snap your bra and still have to pull the skin into place once you're standing!" She has no filter :o) I feel much better today, 8 days out, and am looking into The Little Bra Company for a size that will fit my skin boobs!lol My daughter also told me that if her dad had ANYTHING rude to say she'd mention something about his dickiedo, bald head and the rug he apparently moved to his chest and back. Good Luck with whichever you decide; however, it truly is FREEING after 32 years to just be me!!! I'm looking forward to hugging people in a genuine manner rather than the wide arm circle and pat pat pat on the back just to avoid seeing a raised eyebrow of concern whilst I bruise them with my bowling balls ;o)

Thank you so much for chiming in, twodown! Your daughter sounds like a fun gal. :)

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! When the PS asked me why I wanted them removed I just simply told him I "outgrew" them. And that's the truth. To me, fake boobs are nothing more than tattoos! You grow up and you don't want them anymore. :)
Well said!! My PS didn't hesitate to support removal and even suggested no further surgery be performed to replace or otherwise until I had healed 6 months. THEN, if I REALLY couldn't live with the final outcome I could make decisions. He was great!! As I see it; unless you are living in a nudist colony, there will not be too many who will be looking directly at your perceived "disfigurement". And of those who are...shame on them if there is anything negative to be said. Really, check out The Little Bra Company; perhaps you are actually a 28B ;o) if measured correctly and wearing a properly fitted bra. Take care
She's the best; keeps me honest...whether I want to hear it or not (...that is the GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY. Like I said...no filter). Thank you for the invite to share. IT IS a process and every day I am feeling more secure in who I am (Go figure; I'm a Police Officer with little to no fear of most things yet out of uniform I feel so vulnerable). I think It will be awesome to have people look me in the EYES when they talk rather than my breasts; I often wonder if people think they speak for me! I am grateful to have happened upon this site. Bless you for your efforts to help so many who have to weigh out such a life altering decision. I will consider the blog though I am not much of a computer gal; it was short of a miracle that I found you!

Thanks so much for your post! I do, indeed, run across other ladies on RealSelf who say they have no breast tissue at all. I hope some will pop in here and give you some support. You might want to connect with this member who has similar concerns. Please keep us posted on your journey.

Thanks!