25 Years Old Removing Saline Implants Without Lift While Breastfeeding Newborn

Hi everyone, I am so happy that I discovered this...

Hi everyone,

I am so happy that I discovered this site! I thought I was the only one who wanted to remove my implants.

I have 360-390cc saline under the muscle implants since January 2008. I recently had a baby this past February and am breastfeeding and pumping. I noticed that my right breast got MUCH smaller, and now feels natural. My right breast also no longer fills out my bras. My left side still looks like obvious implants. I was so confused as to whether my right breast was really deflated or if it was my milk ducts and hormones acting up.

I went to a PS consultation today. The doctor said it does seem like my right side is deflated, but it is a bit hard to tell since I am breastfeeding and my implants are under the muscle. If I do an explant, she recommended a lift as well. I am only 25, is a lift necessary at this time? The dr said that at this point, she could not estimate what size I would be post-lift. If I elect to do a lift, she would reduce my aerola size as well. I would need to stop breastfeeding and then do the surgery.

I kind of do not want to do a lift, because the doctor said she would need to make 3 incisions- one under the breast, right down from the nipple, and around the nipple, which seems invasive. I am more interested in just removing the the implants.

My main concern is just very very loose skin/tissue. Has anyone did an explant without a lift ? How did your breasts look afterwards and over time?

Also, cost is a concern. She quoted the lift at $4000, and removal at $2000. Add in all the other fees, the total is $8700.

Thank you all for your input!

Went to get a second consultation from another PS

I went to get another consultation this morning from a plastic surgeon that my PCP referred me to. This doctor told me that I would be fine without a lift, since I am still on the younger side. He recommends lifts to his older patients. He also showed me some before and after pictures of patients that he performed removals on without lift, and the breasts looked normal afterwards. He said I do not have enough breast tissue in my breasts to forgo replacing the implants.

As for my case, I asked him if I need to stop breastfeeding prior to the surgery and dry out my milk. He said no, but I definitely cannot pump breast milk after the surgery. He plans to put drains on each breast. He told me that the removal surgery is a much easier surgery to recover from than the original breast implantation.

My main concern right now is the breastfeeding part. What do you ladies think? Do you think I should dry out my milk supply first? I read another review on this site, and a girl breastfed on the same day she removed the implants. Is that really possible? I wonder if it will hurt a great ton to breastfeed right after the surgery.

I don't want the breastmilk production in my breasts to interfere with the surgery.
Also I am confused as to what people mean by removing the entire capsule surrounding the implant. I think I would need to ask the surgeon.

Currently, I do have some pain from my right breast. It is a sharp piercing pain. It is starting to increase in frequency. I've never had complications after breast augmentation. Now that I am getting some pain, I am starting to freak out! I don't know if its from lactation. Also, these two days, I've been producing very little milk from that breast. I am concern as to whether that breast is infected inside, even though the surgeon said it is very unlikely theres an infection, because I do not have the signs of fever, chills, etc... Still, I want to be safe than sorry.

My doctor will submit a claim to my insurance. Hopefully my insurance will authorize the surgery and cover it.

No Lift

Just wanted to update this review/post. I've decided not to get a lift. So right now, it would only be implant removal.

My current concerns are just whether to stop breastfeeding and wait until my milk supply dries up or to continue breastfeeding after the surgery. Also, when exactly to have the surgery. The doctor suggested that I should remove them soon since I am having pain in the deflated breast.

Will post another update very soon.

Here is a picture of my Boobs when I look down

Here is a picture of my boobs in my point of view as if I were to look down on them. As you can probably see, my left is much fuller and bigger than my right. This picture was taken after emptying my breast milk. It looks as if I lost my top profile on my right breast. Does it look deflated from this point of view?

My PS said that my implants could possibly be ruptured and that it takes time to deflate, and sometimes isn't an overnight thing.

Ladies, from your experience, does it look like deflation on my right?

I am going to visit my PS again before I sign any papers for the procedure. This morning before my consult, I had trouble emptying my breast milk.

I will take another picture later on after I empty my breast milk 100%. It's more obvious looking then.

Oops

Forgot to attach the photo?!

When you look at this picture, you can see the obvious deflation. It's not as noticeable as when I'm standing upright.

Spoke to my PS Again

I called my PS today to ask him a few questions. My explantation will be under general anesthesia. He might give me a shot of antibiotics during the procedure. I won't be receiving a capsulectomy. He said that would require additional surgery to my breasts, or have a bit more impact on my breasts. He thinks that I do not have to quit breastfeeding/wean my baby off of breastmilk. He said though my breasts might be engorged, it has nothing to do with the implant removal procedure. He advised me not to pump or breastfeed for at least 10 days after the procedure, since my incision will be on my nipple.

He submitted a claim to my insurance to see if my insurance will cover the procedure under medical necessity, since I am having complications and pain. Now, I just have to wait to hear back from insurance.

Surgery Scheduled!

I scheduled my surgery for May 9, 2014 at 12pm at the same hospital where I gave birth to my son. Good news is that my insurance will cover the procedure, any lab testing, and medications. Now, my right breast is completely deflated. Yesterday was the second day that I stopped breastfeeding 247 and my breasts were in so much pain. Today is the third day, and it has gotten much better. I still let my little one latch on.

I almost went cold turkey trying to quit breastfeeding. However, now that the surgery is about two weeks ago, I do have time to gradually stop breastfeeding. Been testing formulas. Found out my little one loves Similac Advance and Enfamil Premium. He hates Enfamil Premium Newborn, Gentlease and Nutramigen. At first, I thought my little one had allergy to cow's milk protein and lactose intolerant. However, he took down the basic formulas just fine. The more fancier expensive formulas make his stomach go crazy and diarrhea.

I am very excited to be natural again.

Everything is good to go!

Today, I went to both my PS and PCP. Completed a final consult/preop with the PS, and also physical exam with PCP, along with appropriate tests.

I am starting to worry about my surgery date as it gets closer and closer, because I am scared of surgery. However, I also cannot wait to get these two things out of me!

My right side is now 100% deflated. My breast actually looks smaller than before I did the augmentation! What is up with that? It is weird!

Surgery in less than 12 hours!

Starting to get nervous. Surgery at 12pm. Right now it is 1am. Can't even sleep!

Surgery done!!!

Surgery done! Total surgery time was 2 hours. My surgeon inserted drains. Took me an hour to wake up from the anesthesia. Left the hospital about 3 hours after surgery. I came home and had some porridge and a banana but am still super hungry.

Explanation is definitely less painful than implantation. I am taking some pain medicine as well, which includes Tylenol and a type or Vicodin.

My postoperative appointment is next Wednesday, in five days. Doctor told me not to remove the bandage wrapping and to keep it on until next Wednesday.

I feel sleepy from meds! Will update soon!

draining blood and fluids from each side

Draining less than a few mL twice a day

I am draining less than 5 mL total from both breast both day and night.

I really wish I could take these drains out! I feel like they are hindering my healing process. :( I know it's there for a reason.. But they are annoying me!

Had a very mellow Mother's Day! Having to stay home and recoup :(

Regardless, happy Mother's Day to all the lovely moms out there! :)

Dirty hair, itchy scalp

Dear ladies,

The hardest part of this healing process is not being able to shower. I know every surgeon is different. Some allow patients to shower on the same day after the procedure. Unfortunately, my PS is not one of them. Plus, I still have drains attached. (Still draining around 1mL per breast twice a day).

How did you ladies deal with dirty hair or itchy scalp during the healing process if you did not get to shower?

I usually wash my hair daily. So I never had hair this "dirty". Even though it's perfectly normal for some people to not wash their hair for a week and rely on dry shampoo.

My scalp is itching like crazy and my hair turned into an oil slick like I was pregnant with oily hair again.

Yikes!!

Massage?

Hi ladies!

How long did you wait until you got a massage? Like a regular Swedish or deep tissue massage.

I also notice that my right side barely has anything to drain. Is it because it was already deflated prior to explant and my skin already shrunk back?

Stitches and drains out !

I feel wonderful today! It was a bit painful and scary when the doc took out my drains.

He said the holes would close on its own.

Loving the results! Small boobs but all natural!! Feeling great today!

Boobs look smaller than before I did implants. Doctor said that's normal because the implants thinned out my natural breast tissue. Hopefully it'll magically grow back! Haha

Thanks for everyone's support!