24 Years Old, 5'1 & 120 LBS. Wanting The Breasts Puberty Never Gave Me!

Hello everyone. I have been wanting a breast...

Hello everyone. I have been wanting a breast augmentation for surprisingly, not that long. I always thought I was happy with my small but perky breasts, they weren't perfect but I thought my rather plump derriere made up for my lack of goods up top. I have asymmetry in my breasts probably about half a cup size or so. It doesn't seem major but I'm only about a full A, small B so in my eyes, it's pretty noticeable.

I'm wanting a breast augmentation to give myself what puberty never gave me, not large but appropriate-to-my-frame breasts. I have pretty wide hips and a bum but nothing on top to fill my clothes or make me feel all that sexy. I got my nipples pierced and that definitely made me feel a little sexier but still, I don't feel like my body is in proportion. I know these are first world problems here, I'm in good health and there's nothing technically wrong with my breasts other than a little asymmetry but I still look at before and after pictures daily. I feel fixated on this procedure but I'm also concerned that it's extremely self indulgent, expensive and it's elective! It's so bizarre that I would choose to have myself cut open and inserted with silicon bags just to make myself feel like I look more attractive but I don't know, I still would love to have bigger, sexier, fuller breasts.

What do you ladies think? How do you reconcile those two trains of thought? Is it a non-issue or is it something you'll struggled with when deciding to get BA?

Hi Peekapie, Thanks so much for sharing your story – you remind me so much of myself 8 years ago. And if I could give you one piece of advice: the best present you can give yourself is to love your body! Small breasts are beautiful - and so much more fun! I was a small asymmetric B, and although I loved my breasts, I just wished they were bigger. Immediately after my surgery the implants did give me more confidence, but shortly there after, they actually made me more self-conscious. I hate it when people ask me if they are real, or make sly comments trying to get me to confess to having implants. When I flex (which seems to happen at almost any activity - yoga, surfing, picking up my work laptop) I have breast distortion. And worst of all for me, I lost the pleasurable sensation when my boyfriend/husband touches my breasts (not to mention the uncomfortable moment my new boyfriend found out about them). They no longer feel like my breasts, both to the touch, and how I feel when they are touched. They are must firmer than my real breasts, and when they are touched I feel like someone is touching a foreign object inside of me – not my breasts. It was probably the biggest disappointment for me. Eight years later, I still haven’t gotten used to that feeling and it has affected my sex life. Some of the other “inconveniences” I’ve experienced: I also lost all feeling in my right breast, and partial feeling in my left – after 6 long years I got most of that feeling back. My doctor filled my right breast more than my left to correct the asymmetry, and now my right breast is much lower than my left. Both breasts have also drooped from my original post-BA photos because the implants are so heavy – giving me the oh-so-sexy granny boob look. Not to mention, implants aren’t comfortable – half the time I feel like I’m laying on beach balls. I’ve been to 5 plastic surgeons in the last few months to talk about having these suckers removed so I can be myself again, and they all say I have such a good result. I disagree. I miss my real breasts!
Wow, thank you so much for your input. I think what worries me most is being able to feel the implant inside as a foreign substance and not be able to work out as much or sleep on my tummy, etc. I would hate to trade in one complaint for a handful of others! I love the shape of my breasts, they're just not as big and bouncy as I would like. However, I love how perky they are and I wouldn't want to get implants if they're just going to sag. I always thought implants stayed put and never got droopy! I think all of you lovely ladies have swayed me to just love my tiny boobs. Maybe I'll just get my nipples pierced to jazz them up. Small boobs can still be sexy and womanly right?
Small boobs are definitely sexy and womanly! I think Victoria Beckam looks so much sexier now that she has had hers removed (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/victoria-beckham-opens-breast-implants-don-anymore-article-1.1619693).
PS I just re-read and want to clarify I meant my then boyfriend, now husband. He is incredibly supportive about all of this. :-)
I knew what you meant! Thanks for clarifying though :) So happy for you!
I have wanted implants since I was 19 years old and now I'm 24 years old. I debated with the money I could have spent so I never really thought about having implants after that. But then I had my beautiful son at 21 and boy was that a life changing event, including my boobs. My son would only breastfeed one side so that made my boobs uneven and different shape. Lol, and I breastfed for 2 years! Now at 24, I just graduated nursing school, started a new career and thought hey! I deserve this. I've been wanting it a long time and waited. So I finally started consultations and bam! 3 weeks later I got boobs!! (yesterday) I'm really happy I went thru with it.
Hi skin_deep101, I'm happy that you are happy with your result! I'm also from Houston :) Who was your surgeon?
Oh really?? Yes I went with Dr. Feldman on sugarland. Theres other ladies on here that went to feldman and love their results. Thats how I found feldman :) im super happy with my results and he exceeded my expectations.
I agree with Cheystock. Surgery and the risks are just not worth it, let alone the monetary cost. Is this something you will be glad you did on your deathbed? Will it really make you like yourself or get more love, plastic surgery is ridiculous.
Why do you say plastic surgery is ridiculous? I'm just curious because I saw you yourself had plastic surgery so I'm wondering why the change of heart?
I had plastic surgery to "fix" a congenital drformity made worse from breastfeeding. Look at what I ended up with. I was fine the way I was, imperfect but my breast was functional and filled up my bra, but a little saggy. Now half of my breast is missing. God wants us to accept what he gave us. I wish I still had my old breast
If you were 100% satisfied with how your breasts turned out after the procedure, would you still be against plastic surgery? I'm definitely considering the alternative, i.e. what if I get CC or if I get horrible stretch marks or if I'm simply not happy with breast implants. Plus, I also look around on the breast explant thread and those really make me question getting my breasts touched.
If my breast lift would have turned out better I may feel differently about plastic surgery. However, my husband said that he preferred my saggy breast to the one I have now,so men care less than we do about little details. There is no guarantee that there will be no complications. I heard the complication rate is around 40% and I have heard plastic surgeons say that plastic surgery is trading one problem for another. Lol
Also, once they set in they are exactly like full breast. They may shift and look different than you thought they would. (Happened to my friend who got them around the same time) luckily, mine haven't really but I lost weight and they look a little different, not necessarily bad just different.
Real*
Cheystok, you don't think it was worth it at all? I mean, I love the shape of my breasts, it's the asymmetry I dislike and I probable would be less inclined to consider BA if my left my breast wasn't so much smaller than my right. I just wish they were more full and I know that it's not going to make or break my happiness but it would make me more confident. And what do you mean that once they set in they are exactly like full breasts?
Yes, they will boost your confidence but so will a good pushup bra ;) and oh by the way my doctor recommended pushups even after the surgery because of the way the support they give. So you need good pushups either way, I say save you a few grand personally. All boobs are disproportionate, even post-op. Your doctor will be guessing how much to add in the smaller boob to make it proportionate to the other and as great a guess as it is, it is not a guarantee. When they set in good they can still sag, like I said I lost weight and mine sort of shifted. They still look good but it made me really upset. So then I was bothered by that. I am used to the way they look now, but they aren't as perky and upright as they were originally. The law of gravity also defies breast implants :). Also, about a month after I had my surgery I got terrible red stretch marks right where the new cleavage you want to show off is and I was devastated. I put tons of stretch mark cream etc. and they went away but it was so disappointing. Called my doctor (who was great) and they recommended stretch mark laser removal, which they also happen to do. So again you see the business behind it. Not to mention its an industry built on your "imperfections". So, personally... throw yourself into a new and exciting hobby to find your confidence but thats just me. I am also 26, had this done at 23 and I have matured a lot since then and changed a lot. What if I have kids? I am going to be unhappy with my breast yet again because it will change them regardless of if I breastfeed or not.
http://www.eschaffer.com/ this was my doctor fyi. If you look at a lot of before and afters you will notice the boobs look exactly the same just bigger in most cases. Even some that are diff sizes before still are not perfect afterwards they just appear diff.
I wanted the same thing (was barely an A now full C/double D) and I would advise you against it. Recently I have realized what a wage of money it truly is. I would do the same thing as you, look at before and afters all day and finally made my appointment. I had an excellent surgery, healed quickly and beautiful results. Now (3 years later) I'm like what's the point? My boyfriend could care less if I had boobs and when I talk to men in a professional setting it is extremely frustrating when their eyes wonder (even when I'm not wearing anything revealing, which I rarely do). I am by all means a beautiful shape, not to sound conceited, but I was just fine before too. I have larger hips & butt and a small waist (I'm a size 2). All in all I want to get them removed sometimes but that surgery is just expensive as the original. :/. So save yourself the trouble, love who you are. Breasts are just tissue on your chest. Breast implants are just pockets of saline on your chest. Its a market created to tell you, and women, that we aren't good enough. But we are. It's all a lie, having breasts won't really make you happier, trust me.
I had/ have the same thoughts about getting a BA. The money I would spend on that could go to so many other things. It's for you, your worth it and there is nothing wrong with that. I think about how much happier I am going to be on the other side to finally feel like a real women! good luck on your journey!
The way I look at it, culturally women are taught to give to others -- our family, children, etc. we give and give. This surgery is something amazing you can give to yourself for yourself, and I promise you, every day you wake up and realize you have this gift and that you gave it to yourself. It changes everything that you've ever thought about yourself -- especially if you've always loved your body as I have and worked hard to take good care of it by eating well and moving (working out), so take that!!! That is indeed the thought told to me by a friend a year ago when I was considering the "craziness" of the surgery, and it is true. It's been a year with my new ones, and every single day I appreciate them. Best money ever spent. Think of the cost of one vacation? Same amount of money, yet only one week out of your life? This will last so much longer and you have it with you daily!!!
Thank you Mamamel1974! Your words of encouragement are much appreciated! I never thought of it like that. I think I just always struggle with feeling like I don't deserve something so extravagant or self-involved when there's so much wrong in the world! But I will try to keep what you said in my thoughts, you are so kind and inspiring!
Mamamel1974 well said...I haven't gotten the surgery yet but I will in May...peekapie just make sure it's something you really want...I consider having the surgery not to build my confidence or not because I feel less of a woman it's because I feel it's something I want to enhance my appearance plenty of people always say to me how they wish they had my figure but everyone has something that they would want to change or enhance for their own personal preference so I would say do it for yourself if that's what you desire. Just as people wear make up or change their hair color (even though the surgery is way more expensive) but people are always enhancing their beauty. I say you only live once....and if it's something you want and you don't get it you'll always be wondering what if....majority of the ladies I've known who have gotten the surgery are happy they did, and I'm sure I will be too after my surgery.
Right on, team!!!