23 Yo, 5'6/105 lbs 325cc silicone mod plus subglandular. I did it! - USA

After reading others journey on this website I...

After reading others journey on this website I decided to go ahead and write my own. As my review title states I'm 23 years old 5'6 and 105 lbs. As you can see, I have very little boobs! I have always felt like less of a female and I always wanted more to admire up top, but decided I wanted to be financially appropriate and with the one I would spend my life with before I made that jump. I wanted someone to love me for me. Well, after working my butt off I have a great career and am financially there and am happily engaged to my love of 4 years!
Some of you may cringe at this, but I only went to one consult and made my decision. My PS has tons of experience and I felt very comfortable with him and his explanations of what a BA means for me. He also is a consulting professor at my old medical school!
I am doing moderate plus 325cc silicone subglandular implant. Should bring me to a nice C cup (even though me saying this would send my PS on a tangent about sizing by cup size isn't appropriate and how you feel about the way you look in a mirror is key) . I know what some of you may be thinking, too. Subglandular with your breast tissue and size?! Heavens no! My initial thoughts too, but with my muscle size and rib cage my PS explained how the muscle would not adequately cover an implant, regardless of size. That and I have a small amount of pectus excavatum so the shape of chest would actually push the implants outward.
I also have a blood disorder called Von willebrands, which can complicate the bleeding risk of having a BA. I see my hematologist on the 4th to make sure I am still cleared for the surgery. I'm hoping my bleeding time is acceptable and I don't have to do anything before the surgery because if I do it will be more big money out of my pocket since it's elective.
Despite all this I am very excited for the experience and I look forward to doing this for myself and can't wait for bikini season and to actually see myself in a wedding dress with boobs!
My surgery is 2 days after yours! I will be keeping an eye out to see how yours goes. Good luck!!
Thanks! Wishing you the best.
Just read your review! We are very similar in size. In definitely interested to see how saline turns out on you! I'm guessing you are going under muscle? What incision site?!

Update from the hematologist

I went to the hematologist yesterday. Need to vent about something.. Many hematologists are also oncologists (cancer doctors). Mine included. Well, he practices in a corporate building with plenty other doctors. There are parking spots reserved especially for their patients close to the doors. I never park in them just incase someone who is severely anemic or going through chemo has an appointment at the same time as me. Well, I followed someone in who parked in those spots and did not go to hem/onc office! They took the last spot. I was furious because when I was waiting for my appointment this sweet, older woman who just started chemo came in with her son and he had to drop her off because he couldn't find a spot close enough. People really need to be more considerate! I told security and they overhead paged the owner of the car. I wasn't trying to be spiteful, but that just really got under my skin.
Anyway, my appointment went well. My bleeding time was not normal (not surprising), but was not awful so I was cleared with exceptions! I had to have five more clotting tests done and a new medication to take right before surgery. Good thing is because my hema doctor wrote the scripts insurance has to cover it! The medication is expensive but better than the additional 5000 I would have had to pay otherwise.
I was able to pre register yesterday too at the surgery and the PS called me to confirm he was happy with what hematologist said and would continue with my pre op work up now. He's giving me Percocet, clindamycin, and zofran. Hoping to use bare minimum of all but that clindamycin. I do not do pain medication so hoping that Percocet is not needed and I can do Tylenol at least beyond the first 24!

I'm so happy with the way everything is turning out!

Almost a week away!

I'm so excited! This time next week I will be ONE week away from my surgery! I feel so underprepared. I feel like everyone on here has care kits and a routine planned and I'm over here focusing on work! It's going to be hard not to work for a week. I will be so bored.
Even though medically I understand 98% of things, I am starting to have lots of butterflies and thoughts.
Just excited. :) going back to the hematologist Tuesday!
One week away! That's so exciting. Glad your blood test went well and you're well on your way. You're going to look fantastic in your wedding dress! Strapless gown possibly? It'll be great trying on dresses post surgery I'll bet. Hopefully you've looked around other people's list of care kits to have ready for the surgery and your fiance is ready to be at your side for a few days :) hope to see results posted! Since we have such similar stats it'll be so nice to see what 325 looks on you!
I've looked at other peoples kits and plan to go to walmart tomorrow! Unfortunately my fiancé is on his ICU portion that week (he's a trauma resident) so he won't be very available. :( my mom will be there though (that will be interesting lol)! I will definitely post pics :)
I am excited for you! My boyfriend wouldnt change a thing about me, so I kind of feel guilty by spending all this money on myself, Ya know? I am glad we are kind of in the same boat, I as well feel as if I should be preparing more than I really am. I am most scared about complications! Anyways keep me updated! And good luck, your gonna look great!

Questions for the subglandular women!

I'm reading a lot about sub muscular augmentation and how horrible women are doing recovering! Has me a bit nervous. So I was just wondering if I could hear from any women who had subglandular done and their recovery experience? 3 days and 8 hours away from d-day (or should I say b-day?) ;) hahaha
Subglandular is a fast and easy recovery compared to what I've heard about submuscular. There is less cutting. Most people have submuscular and they survive it and you will too. They give you enough drugs you should feel pain. Take the max limit of your drug meds according to your prescriptions instructions. Don't wait until you are in pain. It's hard to catch up and stop it. If you go to sleep be sure to set an alarm or have somebody wake you up to take your meds. They are not doing you a favor to let you sleep without taking your meds. You will hurt. You may want to write down when and how much you took. You might get confuse and miss a dose or take too much, after all, your will be drugged out. Eat a little food with your meds or they might make you nauseated. It's good to have a box of saltine crackers handy just in case you get sick. You will be swollen and look huge. It's swelling. The major part will go down very quickly and you will look different everyday. I have had subglandular for 35 Years all smooth round , silicone1979 28 yrs old 185cc, 1990 39 yrs old 385cc due to capsular contracture, and Mentor MemoryGel smooth, round 2/20/14 63 yrs old 400cc due to capsular contracture. I went without a bra most of the 35 years. I was about your size before my first surgery. The more you move around the more discomfort you will feel because it is hard to resist not reaching for things. I tried to keep my upper arms close to my body. The surgery day I took 3 pain pills and 1 Aleve. Day 1 post-op I was up and around,1 Aleve. No pain after that just a little discomfort mainly from the incisions. It is important not to drug yourself up. The more you move around the more discomfort you will feel. That way if you make a move that your body isn't ready for, you will feel it and your less likely to do something stupid and hurt yourself. On the day 3 post-op I drove my car. No discomfort except at incisions. Bra was too small and rubbing me raw at the band. I put tank top under it and it helped. Day 4 pictures are posted on my review. Day 7 saw Dr. and he said I could start massaging them and go braless if I wanted. Don't do it without permission. I have pictures of day 20. Day 26 still itchy incisions. I massage them with Cetaphil Cream out of jar, bottle isn't thick enough to help. I need to post more pictures. I wanted to look like I did before the surgery and I am right on track. I went without a bra most of the 35 years. I was about your size. The more you move around the more discomfort you will feel because it is hard not to reach for things. I tried to keep my upper arms close to my body. Just let people look after you. n't ready for, you will feel it and your less likely to do something stupid and hurt yourself. On the day 3 post-op I drove my car. No discomfort except at incisions. Bra was too small and rubbing me raw at the band. I put tank top under it and it helped. Day 4 pictures are posted on my review. Day 7 saw Dr. and he said I could start massaging them and go braless if I wanted. Don't do it without permission. I have pictures of day 20. Day 26 still itchy incisions. I massage them with Cetaphil Cream out of jar, bottle isn't thick enough to help. I need to post more pictures. I looked like you before my first surgery. My healing is right on track. Just click on "kiwi6" and click on "read more" for the pictures. To make the blue picture larger click on it once. That is my post-op 1990 picture those are the ones they removed on 2/20 intact. If anything hurts, don't do it. Everybody gets scared. It's the fear of the unknown. You have the easy part. You go to sleep, you wake up and you have boobies. It's over and it's all up hill from then on. You will be so happy. I felt so ashamed and inadequate when I was flat chested. It will change your life. It was worth it for me and I would do it again. Trust your Dr. He is getting paid to take care of you. Don't try to be brave if you have any problem, it is his job. Good luck and speedy recovery.
Omgosh, three days away! Keep me updated on how getting things together go. Have you gotten everything ready? Let us know how surgery goes for you! Hah I wanna know everything! What time is your surgery? Mine is at noon, a little nervous about it being so late in the day! I'll be starving! Wishing you luck and praying for you! I'm excited as you are.
2 days and 10 hours away. Haha I have a countdown on my iphone lol lol I've looked at other peoples kits, but my surgeons office sent me this pamphlet I forgot about and said just to get vitamin c plus a multivitamin and start taking it so I did that and they recommend using dial soap only for 72 hours before for cleansing your body and to do it right before you leave to come to the surgical center and then until your sutures are taken out after. I didn't buy any bras because I don't know what I will fit And because I have a ton of loose sports bras already that I could wear when allowed (he always gives the Granny bras anyway). Also have vitamin E stick to put on incision site when done. I didn't buy any laxatives. My surgery is at noon also! I'm happy it's later though haha I am not a morning person. Not eating will suck but I plan to be stuffing myself until midnight because I'm a night owl. Lol thank you for your kind thoughts! I will for sure post my progress. I'm getting nervous but I'm very excited too!

TOMORROW

Tomorrow is my day. Go in at 10am! I'm pretty bummed I can't eat anything past midnight. Hahaha other than that I'm very excited. I will update my review ASAP :)
good luck! we have the same stats so i'm excited to see your results :)
Hi there :) I'm a sub glandular girl and am now weeks post op and have nil pain at all. The recovery was smooth, I felt minimal pain, the first 3 days I was tender due to tissue stretching, skin tightness etc but It was more discomfort than anything. I wasn't keen on going under the muscle for a number of reasons and admittedly had second thoughts when I saw so many women doing so on this site. Im pleased my surgeon and I decided on subglandular, I feel my breasts look very natural and they're feeling so soft already. I'm very excited for you! I look Forward to hearing about your experience and seeing pics, YAY!!
* 3 weeks post op

4 hours Post Op

Hello to all.
I am home, alive, and well. All I can say is WOWWWWWWWWW. I'm so happy. I did end up getting mentor memory gel 325 mod plus subglandular. Last thing I remember when I went back to surgical suite (everyone was so kind!) was telling the anesthesiologist my ears felt tingly. Lol then I was out. I woke up very cold and they put the bear paw warmer and tons blankets because my temp was 95s and my resp rate was 35-50. In 5 min I wAs fine though. Apparently I woke up and kept thanking everyone for their kindness in phase one recovery and asked for my glasses to monitor my vital signs.. Haha I don't remember any of that though. First thing I remember is asking if my mom was okay and If I can have her see me. She was so nervous--i felt bad.
Pain wise I'm shocked Lol. I'm in zero pain. Do not get me wrong, I'm not over here doing cartwheels lol my chest feels tight like I just lifted some weights, but my periods are worse than this. I hated the taste In my mouth from the anesthesia and the taste made me a little scared as to what would happen with my appetite so the nurse at the surgical center recommended I take a zofran. I did and then ate four pieces of pizza and a sprite and three glasses of water. It's all down and no nausea at all. This is nothing thus far. I would really encourage anyone to go subglandular. I am tiny with very little breast tissue and it still worked for me. I am so happy, beyond beyond beyond, happy with the subglandular.
I feel like my left breast is sitting a bit higher, but I think that's pretty normal at this point? Also I am (I think) pretty bruised, but I do have the blood disorder and by skin is pretty tight so I think it's okay?
Thank you all for your support. I'm attaching pictures!

Forgot..

Also my Pectus is soooooo much better!!!!! I feel like you can't really tell!
I don't know. I think everybody is different. It makes sense to me. But, you and I don't have enough natural tissue so I wouldn't think it would affect us much. I just have to deal with the cards they dealt me in 1979. I started massaging these on Day 7 Post-op to prevent or in my usual case to slow down capsular contracture. The Dr.s can't even agree on that. Some say overs get it more often than unders , some same it's about the same. Some say massaging helps prevent capsular contracture and others don't. I massaged my last pair from 1990 'til 2/20/14. I going to do it this time too. None of the Dr.s had implants in there chests, so I will massage just in case. I know there were times when the capsules really hurt and I would massage them harder than usual and they would stop hurting. One thing that makes mine worse is drinking soda. Good luck.
My doctor said he has seen equal rates in all his cases and the office combined. You're right every one is different. Thanks :)
Congrats! they look great :)

Post op day one

Well, today I'm a little more sore, but nothing that isn't manageable. I took a whole Percocet today after having a bowel movement. No nausea. I have crepitus and I'm pretty sure that's what's causing my discomfort because that's where I am having the issue. I'm still very tight. When did everyone start softening up? And dropping? I go back to the plastic surgeon tomorrow at 10 am. Im not to be wearing a bra now per doctor, but im wearing a midi because it's a tank type bra.. Not tight at all. I posted pic of it. I was allowed to take off guaze and shower today, but I took a bath and just kept my incisions out of the water. Feels nice. Went to the salon and got my hair done today too. Best thing for me is not being a bum. I feel the more I walk and do things with caution the better off I am. I'm so excited because my fiancé was on call last night and tonight will be his first time seeing me! Anyway I'm attaching pics from today!
Your results look great!
Thank you!

Back from first post op visit.

Went to see my PS. I LOVE EVERYONE THERE! lol they're all so nice. PS says I look fantastic. They changed my bandage strips to a different kind. I go back Friday just so he can monitor the redness on one, but he said he only suggested it because I seemed kinda nervous. So for my piece of mind. :) he said I could wear a bralette if wanted in public IF needed, but otherwise go free so the left breast can continue dropping. Got the okay to go to California with my best friend in mid April! Crepitus should be gone in about a week he said. I'm ready for it to disappear by my armpit because it's ANNOYING! Lol little softer today.
Changed my opinion to worth it on here because for me I couldn't be happier! I feel so much happiness right now and I love the way I look. I look the way I have always hoped I would and I hope it just keeps getting better. My fiancé loved them too.
How are you doing? Gotta ask if you had to ice for swelling or if it wasnt too bad? They look great, it makes me super excited and Im so glad all had been going well! 2 more days!!!
You did! Congratulations from the bottom of my heart. The brown bandage photo is excellent and they look perfect!! Were those from the ps office? I'm so glad to hear the surgery and postop all went well. I think you definitely went with the right size because they look soooo nice and natural already. Was your fiance so excited to see them?? Hope you're being well taken care of! Sounds like you're keeping yourself busy, when are you planning on going back to work?
Ah! I was hoping to hear from you! I took the photo myself, but yes the bandages are from the PS. I like them a lot better. They blend better and seem more flexible and adherent. I'm really happy with the size too! I think they look pretty natural! Not too round or "ball like". My fiancé was real happy! He said he couldn't believe what they looked like and how nice they look on my frame, but said he felt like he was cheating on me because my chest looked so different. Hahaha I go back to work Early Tuesday morning. I can't wait. I'm already bored. I'm really bad at sitting still. I wanted to go back today, but I'm trying to allow myself healing time! It's rough though... Lol

Almost one week post op

Updating some pictures. Tightness is definitely improving, but most definitely still there. I still have crepitus. I went back to my PS Friday and they changed the bandages yet again. They're smaller now. My incisions are fine per doctor, but they are still tender if much pressure is applied. Not pain though. Honestly this whole experience was maybe a 1/10 pain. I'm so happy. I feel badly for those who didn't have the same pain experience! Doctor said my bruising is above average for him, but much better than he thought I would do with the blood disorder. It's hard to see in pictures but my whole sternum is yellow from the bruising that was there. I have now tried on any bras yet because I'm still pretty tight and doctor doesn't want any underwire or Real Bra to be worn since it would effect the way skin is attached to sternum or something like that. Lol I'm still really happy with everything!
Congratulations!! Fantastic results! Looking forward to follow your progress as we had surgery on the exact same day ;-) (I have a little less though, and submusc..) Wish you all the best!!
Read your review and wowwww... All I can say is I hope I have your body after children!! Congrats you look awesome!!!
Haha, thank you!! I'd for sure have your result now on my wish list if it was 1 week ago;-) 325 moderate is PERFECT I think, but I know it's all about proportions and much less cc's, but can't help it!! Heal well!

Loving life!

Everything is getting much softer and less tight, but of course I have more of a ways to go. I wish they were softer already. I'm so impatient! Lol My skin was very sensitive to touch on monday and Tuesday and my left nipple was too. I was wondering if anyone else experienced this? I feel like my left nipple is less sensitive now. Work on Tuesday wearing a bra for 12 hours was rough! Lol even though I just wore a bralette I think having them contained was a bit weird for me. So itchy. Lol I think I'm going to try massage now that I'm out of the window of greatest post operative hemorrhage. Any good videos or tips that anyone's found? I also tried on some of my old bras that are 32B today (when I swam in high school my boobs were larger.. I still probably was an A, but you know.... Lol) I attached pictures because they were pretty comical. I'm definitely not a B. Haha I haven't been sized yet because I want the clearance to wear bras before I go spend money because I know me.. Once I try them I'll want to wear them. Haha I'm getting curious as to what size I'll be! I love them so much and can't say enough how happy I am I did this.

Oops forgot other pics

Congrats those look fantastic what size did you go from? I want to get my from a 34B to a 36c or a 32D
Well closEr!
love the update photos! haha must be fun trying in old bras that barely fit! Glad to hear work went well, besides the bra. I wonder if you could just wear a tank top as a bra and if that would be less constricting. Did you have any trouble maneuvering at work? Ahh I know 25 days and counting...

I was looking at the pics I just posted...

I realized the pics I posted today look like my left breast (so boob on the right in the photo) looks bigger than right... I don't know what the heck I was doing with my arms or how I was standing, but let me assure everyone my boobs do not look like that.. Hahaha they are very much so even. I'm attaching another picture because those look funny to me!
Looking great! Your results look amazing and very similar to what mine are starting to look like. Im so sore on my right side... skin feels tight and burning near armpit side, like its on fire. I almost wish I hadnt asked for her to even out my breasts cuz thats the side that was smaller and got a bigger implant, its so tight... Ugh. I hope it goes away. I wish I had no pain like you and others I have read that had subglandular. Im not in excrutiating pain, but Im sore and tight on the one side which if I take the pain pills, relaxes and feels better but then Im doped up. Ick.
I read your update and I'm so sorry to hear you are I'm so much pain! I will. I hope they figure so,etching out for you. Have you tried icy hot for your back pain?
wow! You look amazing!! I have the same thing about nipple sensitivity though, used to be no sensibility at all, now they are hypersensitive for sure - it is painful to touch! Good luck!

Bought two new suits..

Bought two new swim suit tops. I love them! They're 32D and 34D. I don't know why but the 32 was tight on the one style. I think I have mondor cord. I'll try to post a picture when my doctor confirms. It isn't painful, but just kinda tight when I stretch.
You look fabulous!!! We are similar stats but im a bit heavier. I also got 325cc & 350cc HP implants. I could've gone larger on my frame but I think that they look very proportionate on you. I like the mod-plus look better than HP. Congrats on your beautiful results!!!
Amazing results!! I go for my surgery end of next month. I am super duper excited. I am also having sub-glandular model plus implants, but I have not decided on a size yet. My doctor recommend 325 but I am worried it will be too small. I want the side boob haha
I am so glad I came across your review, your body type is very similar to mine (I'm 5'7" 105lb) which I have had a hard time finding previously. In fact, your before pictures look like they could be me lol. You look great! How did you decide to go with a moderate plus profile? My surgeon recommended high profile because of my narrow chest, but I am nervous that they will be too round up top.