Hey, I'm new on here so bear with me. I've already...

Hey, I'm new on here so bear with me. I've already had my first consultation with Dr. Wilberto Cortes and I've scheduled my bbl surgery for August 1st. The cost will be $10,500 which includes first garment, the procedure and anesthesia. I've been wanting this for a while. I've already put $500 down and still owe $10,000. I have pay in full by July 6th. I tried to apply for Care Credit to help me pay for surgery but I got denied for having bad credit because of some things my ex put in my name and didn't pay off in the past. Is there anyone who can offer any suggestions for a medical loan or credit card for ppl with bad credit ? Has any one had surgery with Dr Cortes? Any pictures or things I should know?
Welcome, I don't know to much about credit options.. But good luck..! If you have any questions on your list supply, lymphatic massage, pain level, Garment.. Maybe I could help.. Just got my BBl done with Dr. Ortega..
Hi there. Welcome. I think you will find a lot of valuable information on this site. United medical and mymedicalloan are for people with less than great credit. I too am going to Dr.Cortes. I hope to gain enough weight while I save the rest of the money ; ). Good luck to you. I also will be having a garage sale and working a few extra hours to keep from putting $10,000 on a credit card !
Thanks for the information. I was under the impression that he only took carecredit and surgeryloans....does he take the two that you mentioned?

Help

I don't really know what to do. I have surgery soon, already took off from work and put my deposit in and still can't get approved for financing. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do? I don't wanna cancel or reschedule. Been looking forward to this for ever....Help!!!!
I would love any information you can give me on all of the things you mentioned. I know nothing. Thanks.
What information can you give me to better prepare me for surgery?

I never really get any feedback on here

As my time until sx counts down. I haven't really been getting much feedback on here. I need some advice. Anybody please contact me with any advice.
Hey there,

You may want to check out our BBL guides section, for help with all of your preparation stuff, what to buy/pack, etc.

I am in desperate need of ...

I am in desperate need of a cosigner for my medical loans. Surgery date is getting very close any suggestions? I really need help. I've exhausted all of my options and I don't know what to do. I thought I would be approved for medical financing but come to find out, upon being denied, my ex put a lot of detrimental things on my credit.

Did you check out United Medical loans?

surgery buddy

So it looks like things are gonna pan out after all . Now I am in need of a surgery buddy for July 31st. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it seems like people don't really respond to my posts. If anyone has any ideas, or suggestions about anything please feel free to comment.
Hello too my bbl sisters I'm on a journey as well with Mr . Cortes I sent in my pic & got a quote of 10,548.00 but I really don't understand way its so high I'm 5'5 176 pds I was 180 but i lost weight & now I have too gain 10 pds ... What gets me is my deposit 500.00 down & 30% down a month later .... What's up with that ..
Well I gave my deposit in march and didn't pay anything else until last week at my appointment... my surgery is at the end of this month..
Did you ever find any financing .....

Getting Closer

I'm getting very close to my sx date. I anxious and a little nervous. Don't know what exactly I need to get. If there are any vets out there could you please tell me, in your personal experience, what exactly do you absolutely need. I don't want to spend unnecessary money on stuff that will just sit in my medicine cabinet. Well anyways, I finally got up the nerve to post some preoperative pictures. Any feedback period would be great.

paid in full

So I'm paid in full and I've had my preop visit with Dr Cortes as well as a the hospital. I'm starting to get more anxious as the sx date comes nearer ... I'm just 13 days away...
Congrats..!

7 days away

Omg I can't believe I'm only seven days away from this sx..I'm so excited. .... It's all I think about....I can't help myself from stalking realself....sometimes even looking at the same reviews and picturesover and over again. Lol.. I wonder if my recovery will be better since I'm not getting my legs lipod....veterans help me out.... let me know what you guys think..... what are things that I should be aware of????
I want to get my bbl done please someone recommend me to a docter please please am going out of patients
So glad you figured things out. I looked at Cortes. But, they had some weird weight lose requirement. So, I moved on. Many people rave about his work. I think you'll be happy with the results.
Weight loss requirement? Are you sure? Because I'm about 50 lbs over weight and he didn't require me to loose any weight

supplies!!!

So I bought alot of things today for this surgery:
(From Walgreens)
-rechargeable massager
- water proof bandaids
-female urinal w/ measuring canister
-pill organizer

-disinfectant spray
- cocoa butter Vaseline
-zest soap bars
- air freshener

I did pretty good I spent about $38 at Walgreens and about $37 at the $$ store...(,I bought several other things not
pertaining to the sx). .... I still need to get underwear but Idk if I should hold off on that to see how big I will be... Can't believe I'm just 6 days away... Omg!! Pray for me y'all. .. lol
Congrats can't wait to see your results.
Thanks I can't wait either!!
CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR UPDATES!

counting down

Omg guys...im starting to get so nervous..... it's getting very close to my sx date....just 2 more days.....one major thing that is stressing me out is that I haven't gotten my period allow month and it shoulda been here 8 days ago....Omg smh.....What Do I Do!!!??? I'm broke as hell and don't even have enough my to get a pregnancy test right..... this is really stressing me out along with the fact that I have no one to drop me off and pick me up from the hospital.... HELP!!!!! Somebody pray for me.....I'm seriously freaking out
Hey girl. Try not to stress out too much. I had surgery yesterday. Dr.Cortes will put you at ease. Just take a few minutes and remind yourself how long you've waited for this. And how great your results will be. They will do a pregnancy test before he marks you up. He will come in smiling and all your worries will fade away. Next thing you know , it will be over! Good luck.
Thanks so much for the words of affirmation.... how did your surgery go? How do you feel now? I'm trying so hard not to worry.... Have you seen your results? Are you still in the hospital or did they release you? Sorry for all of the questions lol just curious..

Omg I just took a pregnancy test because I was freaking out about my period not coming all month.. but thank God it was negative. !!! One less thing I have to worry about..and I also have a ride to the hospital... now I can just relax. I just have to clean up. . wash clothes..... and pack....I wonder if my nerves are the reason my cycle hasn't come all month..... anyways I'm excited....can't believe sx is tomorrow...
Good luck ma. :)

I made it through

Hey everyone, I 've made it through.. I had my sx yesterday around 10:30am it like about 4 hrs. Everything went pretty well. My face got very swollen, but other than and being extremely sore I haven't had any complications. They took out my catheter around midnight....That made things alot better I was able to walk around last night without any problems...I got some pretty good rest and I wasn't too uncomfortable besides my neck hurting a little bit... When I woke up this morning I was very stiff so I got up walked a bit and peed ALOT by myself...My mouth is very dry because of
the tube I had

made it through part 2

...in my throat.. so I've been trying to drink plenty of liquids.. Word to wise ladies... make sure before surgery they give you a nausea patch that goes behind your ear....it works wonders because I haven't had Any nausea at all...also make you get up and walk....it helps with the stiffness and speeds up recovery... I took a slight peek at my stomach which was very dark swollen and bumpy...and my butt which looked kinda flat but I really can't tell yet...the nursing staff is awesome.... overall I'm doing well considering what I just went through... If guys have any questions ladies I will be happy to answer.. I'm just glad I made it through....

breakfast

I'm about to go ham on this lol
Glad to see you on this side! I had a few issues with discharge instructions. Make sure they go over the drain care with your caregiver. And the tube to wear around your neck to shower so you can attach the drain to it. And the plastic respirator needs to go home with you. I basically was just sent home and told that it's all self explanatory. Luckily I went a few days before to visit a friend while she was being discharged so I knew what I needed. Ask a ton of questions and you will be set!
Congrats post some after photos when u have time sweetie...

2 days post op / pictures

Hi guys I'm gonna keep it short and sweet ladies.... I'm home now, I'm a lil stiff and sore. I've been taking my meds so I haven't had too much and I still haven't had any nausea. I'm draining and peeing alot. My butt still doesn't look that big to me. Y'all tell me if I'm just trippin... I take of my garment yesterday at the hospital to take a quick shower.. it felt great.. here are some pictures I took around 6 this morning.

...

Hey ladies I noticed alot of spelling errors in my last couple of posts. Lol, don't hold it against me I was doped up on pain meds. Fyi still taking my meds...not too much pain...just soreness... I'm bruised up pretty bad tho....still taking stool softener but haven't had a bowel movement yet. . I'm kinda scared of it but I guess I have no choice because when it comes, it comes. Overall I'm in pretty good spirits...still draining and peeing alot... I'm using the female urinal pitcher from Walgreens and its a life saver.. I can pee comfortably standing up....
Happy healing girly. I'm next ;)
Thanks and good luck to you

4 days post op

I finally got my drain taken out and I feel much better... got put in a xl garment from the 2xl garment the hospital had me in....I feel like a stuffed sausage
..but it feels sturdy at the same time.... my waist looks smaller..which is a plus and I hope it stays like that after I take garment off..now I'm on my way home
Happy healing!

Major Breakdown

Ok.....so everything has been okay thus far but after yesterday I got my drain taken out I was feeling pretty good I got my new garment on and it was okay for the first couple of hours then when I got home and I tried to use the restroom to go number 2 I couldn't get the darn thing off and it was stuck on me ....I tried for about 45 minutes to get it of.. it was soooooo tight... I felt like I would pass out.....my legs and my right butt cheek started turning blue and I freaked out and I had to cut myself out of the garment....I totally ruined the garment....now I have on and old tummy belt the hospital gave me after I had my son...totally not compressed enough... and my butt feels like a bag of bricks.. Idk what to do at this point.... smh
Girl have you bought another garment yet???? I'm so glad u shared that bit about the nausea patch!! I'm gonna be sure to request that! You look great, can't wait to see more pics
No I haven't bought one yet...had a kinda bad day yesterday... Was very dizzy and had migraines.... Yes the patch worked wonders and I kept it on for about 5 days
Yes...can't you see my pictures.. I posted one the other day

8 days post op

I'm getting nervous because my but is looking very flat.... I wanted a coke bottle shape with projection, fullness and roundness...Idk if it's just me being hypocritical or if it should be a legitimate concern.....someone....anyone please tell me what you think...
Mine looks just like that. My husband says there are "corners" . I think it will fluff and settle. As far as the garment , maybe you can wear the two piece from the hospital for a few days. Stuff the foam in it and if you have an ab board in there to make it extra tight. The good news is that garment was only to be used for a week anyway. You'll be getting a smaller size when you get your stitches removed. Hang in there
Do you have to pay for the second garment, or is that included like the first one?
I hate to say this because I know you think it is flat, but I really like your butt. You have the type of cuff I want. I have a theory about the flatness and why docs say it will round out. They have the benefit of seeing the butt immediately once they are done with the surgery, before the swelling start to set in. So they know where the true curves are. Once the meds have been flushed out and the swelling sets in, we can't see it or the curves that he saw. So we have to wait until it "settles". Anyway just a theory. You need compression that is going to be crucial in your getting the results you want. I wish I had a compression garment I could fed ex to you. You do look very good and with just 6 days out, you are going to get better and look even more phenomenal.

pics

Here are some pictures I took earlier of my homemade compression garment since mine is out of commission.
I can't help it I still like the shape of your butt. It just going to keep getting better. Soon you will be in a stage two cg
Thanks... I surely hope so..cuz it looks super flat to me....if you look at my before...there's only a slight difference
Gurl from dif angles it does hav a flat look but u gotta wear ur garment to keep that booty soft.Remember those tissues r still very soft and pliable . They can still be shaped. I cant see ur full garment but I can see u got summin holdn them cheeks up. Thats wat u need and keep tht garment on that belly to create ur smaller waist which will make ur booty look even plumper.

Concerned

Concerned could this be Gangrene or dead tissue or is this just a bruise or burn?
It looks like a bruise, but better safe than sorry. If it looks odd to you (compared to the first day) or if it hurts or if it spreads, go to the emergency room. Pay attention to how your body feels. When is the next time you go to the doc?
Girl don't make homemade stuff that can hurt you these surgeries take patients you skin is so sensitive you could blister yourself call the doc to help you please talk with him
I didn't necessarily make anything I just used a compression garment without arms while mine was getting fixed .....I don't have any blisters, ..that black splotch has been there since after I got out of surgery... it has nothing to do with any garments or my skin being sensitive...

just to be clear

That black splotch has been on my stomach since right after I got out of surgery. I didn't post anything about it because I assumed it was a bruise and would go away with time... but as time passed and my other bruises started to fade a bit....this splotch remanded big and black and has no feeling. I am currently wearing the butt out garment that I got when drain was taken out. I only wore another garment for one day while my sister fixed the one that was cut (if you read about my freak out moment, you will know what I'm talking about). Wearing a garment I had before sx for one day has nothing to do with that big black splotch. JUST TO BE CLEAR... it was there before ... plus I would never do anything I felt would harm my skin...when I talked about a homemade garment, it was just me being funny and was a play on words.... I didn't actually make anything.... I just used an old compression garment that didn't have arms ( which compressed actually more than the garment I got from Dr office) so I wouldn't be walking around without anything while my garment was getting fixed...
Hey Tick you're results are looking good hun!! Hang in there, you have ways to go before you see final results. In addition to what the other dolls have told you...... Compression, compression, compression is everything and proper aftercare! Girl you will stop the show with that phatty! I wish you speedy recovery on the rest of your journey. *God Bless*
How sweet, thank you so much and God bless you too
Hey girl. Let's hope it's just a bruise or minor skin irritation. As far as your butt being flat , give it time. Mine started out exactly like that. It will start to soften and round as the days go by. I have about 5 different color bruises. Some greenish ,some blue ,one looks purple. I think everyone has them. At this early stage of recovery there is a lot going on. Hang in there girlie . And keep us posted.

update

Hi guys just a little update. I'm feeling ok as far as healing goes. I will be having my black looked at on my appointment next week. Btw Dr. Cortes team and especially Mariel have been very attentive to me, to make sure everything is ok. I was told not to wear my compression garment just to be on the safe side for a couple of days until my appointment and I'm perfectly fine with that lol....I needed a break anyway...well that's it for now.
I just saw your pictures. I'm so sorry this happened to you. :'( so terrible. I had a tiny black spot also but mine was a burn.
My results aren't coming along that great... If anyone knows of anyone who has a large or medium garment and an ab or back board please let me know... I lost my job because of this sx...so I really can not afford to even pay the $89.9? In the office....have so many pass due bills plus expenses for my child... even it used...I will wash it...I just don't wanna throw away $10,503 because I can't afford the after care garments
They didn't give you the free garment after post op?

Help

So I am in dire need of a smaller garment... a LG and or med.....I can't afford to purchase one from the office because I lost my job as a result of this sx....I feel really wack doing this but I refuse to let my $10,503 go to waste because I don't have the proper garment to compress me...so if anyone has an extra large or medium garment and isn't using it anymore... please contact me because I could really use it. Thanks....and ps...I would post pictures but I'm so swollen I look freaking terrible and I'm on the verge of crying. ????????????
Houston Plastic Surgeon

My first consultation with him was very short. He seems nice but all he did was grab my fat and said ok you are a candidate for this surgery but you have loose skin on your stomach and you will need a tummy tuck too. He asked me if I had any questions but I couldn't think of any, so he left. As soon as he walked out I had alot of questions.