Acne Scars, Plan to Undergo 4 Total FX Treatments

4/30/14 Tomorrow I will be undergoing the first of...

4/30/14 Tomorrow I will be undergoing the first of what the doctor expects to be 4 laser treatments for scars from cystic acne . I'm not sure if all of them will be Total FX, but tomorrow will be. Praying for some encouraging results! So tired of being heartbroken over the condition of my skin.
Hopefully I will have some good results to share and provide encouragement for anyone out there who struggles with acne scarring.

Day 8 post Total Fx

Still peeling! Seeing some DRAMATIC improvements. Hoping that it's not just swelling. A lot of my big problem areas have not peeled. I keep telling myself that it's because the treatment worked and they are filling in.

This is the first day that I have not been miserable since the treatment. It was a pretty scary process. I told myself that I would never do it again, but my results are really encouraging.

I'll keep updating as I continue to heal. Wish me luck! :)

Day 11

Day 15

3 weeks post treatment #1

Just wanted to share some more update pictures. Still very happy with the results1

3 weeks post treatment before and afters

Hello! Firstly, well done. It is such a mine field trying to find laser procedures that can make a difference to acne scars. Thanks for documenting your journey. I too suffer from acne scarring and have been looking to try and find updated information on Total FX; as well as what people experienced and before and after images. I live in the UK and there doesn't seem to be many places that do this procedure. So far I have been quoted £5 200 for full face plus a possible £500 for possible sedation. The price you have mentioned- is that four 4 sessions ? Was there any pre- skin care advice, as well as after care that was included in your fee? May I ask, if this is with a plastic surgeon? Did the physician tell you the depth the laser was penetrating the skin? I think your results are fantastic, even after 1 treatment! It may be cheaper to come to the states and have this done :)..hoping your 2nd session went well and you are recovering nicely. Tarsh
Hi Tarsh! I agree very much that navigating all the various laser and doctor options is intimidating and confusing. There is also ALOT of negative feedback on the web concerning these treatments, which discouraged me for several years. I searched for a while, and it was difficult for me to find a plastic surgeon who did not hand these laser procedures over to their PA. Eventually I found a very nice and professional doctor is a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Yes, $4000 was for four sessions, without sedation. I was prescribed an anti-anxiey medication and I received some dental blocks. The first procedure was $1750, and each additional treatment thereafter is $850. If I had four treatments, in total they would be $4300. So far, with the results I have seen from one treatment, it is absolutely worth it! My skin is far from perfect but I have seen a huge improvement, and so have my family and friends. My scars are reduced, and I don't really breakout much anymore. I really do recommend that you continue to seek out a doctor who is right for you and go for it! The only pre-skincare advice I was given was to stay out of the sun as much as possible, to avoid post-laser hyperpigmentation. I paid extra for some after care products, but I won't next time. All you need is Cetaphil cleanser and Aquaphor. My surgeon did not tell me how deep the laser penetrated. He said the laser was set on 15.5 at the beginning of the procedure, which I think is around 1.5mm. He did mention while doing my procedure that most of my scars were fairly shallow, so that is something to consider. If you have anymore questions please let me know. I was very skeptical and nervous about this process myself. I would be happy to share whatever else I could about the process. My next procedure is August 5th, so I will be sure to update this posting.
Thanks for the update, how are you feeling about your results so far?
So far I am extremely happy with the results. It's been years since I have been this happy about my complexion. I feel amazing honestly! I know that some of the smoothness is due to swelling but I am enjoying it while it lasts. :) I do believe this procedure is worth it. I tried to update my review from "not sure" to "worth it" but I can't figure out how. I actually scheduled my second procedure yesterday.
Glad you are feeling great about the procedure so far! Here is a link to help you update your ratings http://help.realself.com/customer/portal/articles/351582-how-to-update-a-review

If you have any questions please let me know :)
Hey there, how did your treatment go? So glad you are documenting your journey here so the community can offer you support as you go :)
Good luck on your healing. Thank you for being brave to docment your procedure. Your Day 11 looks to be a lot more healed/even skin tone than 8. Is most of your blotchiness and patches gone? What aftercare procedures/products are you using?
Hey! I was still peeling on day 8 but I finished on day 9 so I was able to stop covering my face in aquaphor and start wearing the mineral makeup. (Which is why my skin tone looks so even). As you can see from the day 15 photo I just posted, I am still red. I can cover it with the makeup but it's a little bothersome. As far as skincare, I am still using the cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer that I was using after my treatment. I just don't know what else to use, although I am using Neocutis Biorestorative Gel at night. It seems nice but who's to day if it's worth the 80 bucks! I just figured what's 80$ when youve already spent so much right?
Ok Thanks. It's still looking pretty good. I think as the days and weeks pass you'll be happier with things. Hang in there and don't be so hard on yourself :-) I appreciate your updates. -Craig