Botox Went Wrong - Pstosis (Drooping) of the Eyes / Cheeks / Mouth Are Possible Side Effects !!!

I went to the UK's top practice for 3 years...

I went to the UK's top practice for 3 years but when it went wrong i was treated apallingly, no admission of error and left absolutely devastated with no information.i thought it was permanent ?? i had to go on the internet and then get a second practitioners opinion.

pstosis ..(drooping) the side effect no one wants to talk about. can leave you looking horrendous..like you have had a stroke or with zombie eyes (or both, lucky me !).the practitioners who inflict it send women away claming they are hysterical, perfectionists, imagining things etc.despite being shown photo's taken just days before the procedure.

allergan are completely aware of these side effects but claim they are due to bad technique/pre-existing conditions??

however if a product is designed to relax muscles why deny it's effectiveness ?

I SAY SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS.YOU CAN GET SEVERE FACIAL DROOPING FROM BOTOX, EVEN SMALL AMOUNTS. IT CAN TAKE 6-9 MONTHS TO CORRECT ITSELF.CONSIDER THIS BEFORE YOU UNDERGO ANY PROCEDURE.

the boards of people who have been treated with botox for migraine, bell's palsy etc.. are littered with horror stories.

botox is not some friendly harmless substance, as it has been marketed / promoted. it has MASSIVE physical side effects, messes with your adrenaline / nervous system, can migrate to your brain, has been linked with pediatric fatalities and does not have a wealth of clinical research around the use of it on the face as it's being used OFF - LABEL ie. not the purpose for which it was given medical approval. we are being used as guinea pigs, no one knows what the effects of long term use are over time on facial muscles, but botox has been linked to atrophy when used continously in other areas of the body so ???

Thousands of complaints have been registered with the FDA who have issued repeated warnings,hundreds of lawsuits pending on this , .. so called 'temporary' side effects can last up to 9months for some individuals. that is 9 months of pain, frustration , depression and having to endure the stares of strangers / friends who are wondering.. what is up with that woman's face ??

Do your research .. lots of extracts from medical journals out there on the web, i'm not making this stuff up.

Botox is not without risk and you should take the procedure very very seriously. It can go very very wrong.

I am in week 9 of bad pstosis (eyes/cheeks/mouth)...

I am in week 9 of bad pstosis (eyes/cheeks/mouth) from Botox. So I thought of starting a journal to see what does /doesn't help with the recovery based on my own experience.i also had excess hylase injected which i'm sure weakened the skin but wouldn't have caused such a HUGE drop.
a 2nd practioner confirmed it was too much botox, which had migrated into other muscles weakened my entire face.

Currently doing CACI facials (weekly), facial resistance training, sauna/steam 3 times a week for a minimum of 30 mins, eva fraser facial exercises, avocado masks (3 times a week), protein shakes / supplements and am tracking down lecthicin which may help the acetocholin (forgive the spelling) kick in the nerve impulses which botox freezes.

I am a week 9 and last night started using a heat pad direct on my face (moisturise the area first , pad wrapped in clingfilm after heating). i am doing this while i watch tv, for about 45mins in total. today for the first time i can feel the nerves in my face waking up at last !!!! (probably timing??) I am doing this across the whole areas affected and today i am get shooting / tingling impulses across my face .. all the way up to my scalp and beyond ?? some really strong, some very mild .. slight discomfort ...

I read that heat destroys the botox toxin, so maybe heating up the muscles affected can have the same effect??

if you have had success with any method please let me know !! i will do anything to get rid of my meltyface

18 months later... I am about 70% back to...

18 months later...

I am about 70% back to normal overall. Still waiting for filler to wear off, so i can get my symmetry back to normal. Corrugator muscles still very badly affected / flattened but powering through with CACI, massage and exercises.

4 years later effects are permanent

So four years on and my atrophy is permanent. I tried infra red, caci, electrical muscle stimulation, not sure if it made any difference.Started acupuncture about 4 months ago, some small improvements on my 'good' side, the muscle feels thicker on my 'bad'side but doesn't appear to be improving much . Going to keep it up until there is no hope. Still look a bit like Sloth from the Goonies, with a klingon's forehead. I am starting a financial plan for a surgical revision.

had 1 area affected by pstosis, they 'balanced' my face and now i have 3 areas affected !!!