Different but Great So Far! - United Kingdom

I had issues with many gaps between my teeth which...

I had issues with many gaps between my teeth which have become gradually worse as I have become older.I tried having composite fillings but they wore away after approx 12 months and as a smoker they stained quite easily. My dentist advised that veneers would be a much more permanent solution and I opted to go for 11 veneers and a crown replacement.

The only painful part of the treatment was the anisetic injections that made my mouth sore for a few days after. I made two visits to my dentist, the first a marathon 3 hour stint for preparation and the second to have the veneers/ crown fitted.The most frustrating part of the whole procedure was waiting for 3 weeks inbetween appointments as the temporary veneers do wear down.

The difference is amazing,and my mouth looks a hundred times better, although at first I wasn't sure as the venneers were slightly bigger than my normal teeth, and I felt that I didn't look like me, but I soon became used to it.I have had no issues with eating or pain.

I would highly recommend veneers as they have really boosted my confidence, however I would say that you need to manage your expectations and although the improvements are vast, just don't expect miracles.

I had all of the options explained before I decided on veneers.My dentist knows that I am a complete coward when it comes to having work done and he was extremely gentle in administering my treatment