Different but Great So Far! - United Kingdom

I had issues with many gaps between my teeth which...

I had issues with many gaps between my teeth which have become gradually worse as I have become older.I tried having composite fillings but they wore away after approx 12 months and as a smoker they stained quite easily. My dentist advised that veneers would be a much more permanent solution and I opted to go for 11 veneers and a crown replacement.

The only painful part of the treatment was the anisetic injections that made my mouth sore for a few days after. I made two visits to my dentist, the first a marathon 3 hour stint for preparation and the second to have the veneers/ crown fitted.The most frustrating part of the whole procedure was waiting for 3 weeks inbetween appointments as the temporary veneers do wear down.

The difference is amazing,and my mouth looks a hundred times better, although at first I wasn't sure as the venneers were slightly bigger than my normal teeth, and I felt that I didn't look like me, but I soon became used to it.I have had no issues with eating or pain.

I would highly recommend veneers as they have really boosted my confidence, however I would say that you need to manage your expectations and although the improvements are vast, just don't expect miracles.

I couldn't have said it better "don't expect miracles" they are dentist not GODS..I do believe every Dr. hopes for the best possible outcome & to make a patient HAPPY, after all that's what we are looking for right??...& yes (I work in the industry)
PLASTICIZED Really!!! How rude... These post are to help educate people that are interested in veneers. This site was not intended for morons as yourself to be making derogatory comments! Obviously you haved not been raised properly! Redsam.. Thank you for sharing your story and beautiful smile!
She looks beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

I had all of the options explained before I decided on veneers.My dentist knows that I am a complete coward when it comes to having work done and he was extremely gentle in administering my treatment