My Face Has Melted After Excessive Use!

Help - 5 month nightmare.. my face has...

Help - 5 month nightmare.. my face has "melted" after excessive use of hyaluronidase. Enormous amount of skin laxity .. natural fat stripped and now replaced with some filler (temples) and cheeks but my lower face which was over corrected have massive troughs.

I am really disfigured .. my 'top' cosmetic practictioners have completely ruined my face. In attempting to resolve their error (pillow face) they have created a far worse one ?? How can i get the collagen / tissue back in these areas naturally - the filler will not take - it just formed hard bumps / lines??

This product DOES damage your skin both the areas treated with filler and that which surrounds it - BE VERY CAREFUL !!

Say no...jevederm has made my under eye area worse...stretch the skin, was placed wrong so now eyes are different and now trying to correct it has been a nightmare...all cause I had hollow tear drop area. ..doctor trying to fix it stated they never use jevederm under the area because to many problems. ..
I had Juvederm 4 unnecessarily put into my cheeks. I only complained about two lines down the side of my face! The nurse then used juvederm 4 even though she gave me the impression it was juvederm 2 and would only last about 6 months. I experienced pain and swelling with the Juvderm and went back a month later which is when the nurse told me that she had used Juvederm 4. I had the stuff removed with Hyaluronidase but i too have deep sunken troughs in my cheeks and scars. This stuff is not safe and neither is the Juverm. The clinic that did this to me is a Sk:n clinic in Nottingham. I find it hard to believe that they destroyed my face with unnecessary fillers for two lines! I have been in touch with a solicitor. The only way to stop these people is to take legal action.
That's awful! I know what you're going through because that happened to me as well! I was sold on this juvederm because the nurse told me it would prevent wrinkles! Not cause wrinkles, swelling, scars and disfigurement! It's one thing to take our money, but these places took our money and made our faces look bad! They put juvederm ultra plus xc in my face which is also a thicker version and I believe it's equivalent to juvederm 4. My disaster has been going on for 9 months. After four rounds of having it dissolved i still have puffy pouches in my face.
I didn't want to believe that this stuff could actually melt your own tissue, but now that it has happened to me, I have to agreed with some of the others on the board. Ive gotten juvederm before for my lip/smoker lines. This particular time, the doc said he would try a different approach and it wouldn't change the shape of my lips with the injections, but it did! My lips looked so unnatural. This was right before Christmas. Everyone noticed my mouth was different. So, I waited a few weeks and absolutely hated it so I got the injection of hyaluronidase in the beginning of January. He thought my lips looked great and tried to talk me out of it, told me to just wait until it disappated on its own. But I said I hate what it looks like and I don't want to wait. Well...it killed me. I actually screamed in the office and I didn't care! He put the stuff right at the lip line on both sides of my top lip without numbing cream. It did get rid of most of the juvederm and my lips look ALMOST back to normal and the smoker lines didn't come back. My lips still looked slightly puffy though. Now....three months later, I can see my lips are uneven and the one side has a dent right above the lip on my right side, on top of the smoker lines starting to come back. The dent looks Like a big hollow that was never there before. The other side looks normal. My lips look terrible. I also have a dent and lump in the corner of my mouth on the same side. I am really pissed. He never had to use this crap on anyone before and I was the first. I asked him if this would dissolve my own tissue and he said NO Way! WELL....IT DID! NOW...I will never use this stuff again. I just hope that my mouth goes back to normal at some point. I won't go back to this doc for Juvederm injections. Is this permenant damage or will my own HA come back in this area at some point?? I love how these docs take it apond themselves to do what they want and not what the client / patient wants. Next time I get juvederm and I don't like the results I will just wait it out. I don't need dents and hollows MAN MADE on my face!
so you had a bad experience. you're one in a billion who have. sorry but...... it was a bad choice for you and now ? . Dont sue the Dr..... If what you're saying is even true. Many Drs are losing business due to the use of HA dermal fillers. Some may even go as far as to make bogus claims that the product is dangerous when in fact its not. Even make the same bogus claims you are referring to.
I think complications from HA fillers are a lot more common than one in a billion. The claims many of us are making are not bogus. I think people considering these procedure should be aware that complications can and do arise. I also believe most complications arise from inexperienced doctors and nurses without proper training. What is the purpose of your post?
I tell you what,I'm not sure who you are referring too,but I'm definately not one in a billion.Come step in my body for two seconds and you'd jump off the nearest cliff.I was hospitalised from this toxic bio hazard waste.It has no place in the cosmetics industry.It is unsafe,dangerous and can kill you.Yes I almost died from this stuff.Such severe sickness,witnessed by one of the best Neurological Hospitals in Europe,documented on paper as facial nerve damage.I will tell any newspaper,tv show,in the faces of the greedy pharmaceutical companies that ploy this junk out,and the evil injectors who lie that this is compatible to your own skin composition.Lies,I will spend the rest of my life trying to get this banned,go to court,sue whatever it takes.My family watched me slipping away,no one should have to witness that from a pony,injection.I have kids that had to see me sick,you don't lose 4 stone in under 3 months,develop rashes all over your body,lose sight in your right eye,and go deaf in your left ear from nothing.Im still sick,never been this sick in my life,it's hell and I want out and its all from JUVEDERM,nothing else,damm I mad right now,forgive the rant anyone suffering,but I know you get my drift,best wishes,kx.
Sorry typing error,that was poxy injection,not pony,even though that wouldn't surprise me if here were animal parts in this stuff eitherx.
I also had vitrase and it also ruined my cheek skin and under eye skin laxity. U r wrong.
It has happened to me so it is FACT voluma destroys your skin. You are obviously a reseller. Why don't you try it for yourself or keep quiet.
I have had voluma a couple of times and the results were excellent. It pays to find a good doctor!
I went to a board-certified facial expert plastic surgeon, so he was a "good" doctor. After two syringes of Voluma and the swelling went down, I was left with sagging under eye skin and cheek skin texture that has a shriveled/orange peel look. It is awful. It has been three months. I went back to this "good" surgeon to show him and his solution was that I put even more Voluma in, that it was not an exact science and you had to keep tweaking it to get it just right. My undereye area has aged 10 years in the 3 months since the Voluma was injected way to close to the orbital rim. My undereye skin looks as if it has "spilled" over into the cheek area after all the swelling was gone, it's horrible. It also looks to be permanent. Now when I put my makeup on, it really emphasizes the shriveled up texture of my skin and sagging under my eyes. I'm just devastated by this. Even if the Voluma wears off over the next couple of years, I do believe the damage that has been done is permanent, especially the sagging undereye skin. I'm going to another "good" board-certified plastic surgeon for a second opinion. I'm obviously not having more Voluma, if it has done this much damage with 2 syringes, can't imagine the damage with even more.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

More disappointing news...I think they tell you to wait a year to see if the natural HA regenerates because apparently, the statue of limitations on filing a law suit for malpractice is a year! How evil!
How would I go about filing a lawsuit? This is all well under a year.
Sorry to hear about all you guys who has a bad experience with fillers.

Hi... I had Hyalurondase to remove filler in my top lip line, I feel it has reuined my lips I have indents in the place where the filler once was, and the skin above my top lip as shagged. I do want to add that I noticed a small indent before I decided to have Hyalurondise. The body of my lips feel like empty sacks when I press down on it seems like it lost its bounce. I'm really worried the skin won't ever restore itself. This have left me depressed.

I asked friends and family they seem to think it looks normal as it was before the filler, but I can see the difference. I also went to the doctors and she thinks my lips look fine. My friend think am mentally scared by the whole thing and yes I think I am.

Please can anyone help me is it possible for the skin around and in my top lip improve in time I have read Hyaluronadase does not course permanent damage but yes temporary. I don't know what to believe I lost trust.
I also have loose skin above my lips where juvederm was. Did yours get better?
You might want to try facial exercises. There is even a thread on real self that talks in detail about face exercises and the experiences people have had with it. It takes time, it is not an overnight fix, but for me it has lead to subtle improvements with minimal risks. There are exercises that can be done for lips and around the mouth.
Hi jennifer 6778 thank you for your comment it was very kind of you and your comments.Yes i did think of lyme disease at one point but the filler has now been located in my eyes it has caused corrosion of both corneas so it is slowly burrning through my eyes.It is also burning the front of my forehead and behind my forehead i have been trying for months to get a pet scaan to see if it has reached1 my brain.I have been so il,i have now lost 4 stone i have not slept in 5 months and am so weak i can just about get dressed.My brain feels like it is suffocating i have burning continuously in the front areas of my face i have been to so many hospitals and they just take blood tests and send me home.It is becoming hard for me to breathe as my body is so weak.My brain is hardly functioning now i am forgetting peoples names.I have spent so much time away from my family because of this friends ignore me as i look so sick and cant even hold a conversation with them anymore i cant concentrate my brain isnt working properly.I miss my old life,i cant play with my kids as im too weak.I want this chemical out of my eyes and head but how, now they have found it in my eyes scares me that obviously it has migrated there so i know for sure it has passed into my brain i have felt it every step of the way.It has caused such severe symptoms i cannot even begin to describe how horrible this nightmare has been.It has also attacked my central nervous system causing muscle weakness burning in my shoulders,arms,back of neck.My head and brain feels like it is on fire i a slowly dying my body cannot cope my breathing is shallow now all the time i am so scared and no hospital will take notice apart from the eye hospital i am back there tomorrow to see how much damage has been done even now my eyes, forehead and brain are burning it is unbearable i cant take it anymore.The pain never stops 24 hours a day i am vomiting and shaking all the time and my skin looks yellow.I pray a doctor will listen and help me i cant go on like this everyday it gets worse and worse no one deserves this hell my life as i knew it has gone i still cannot watch tv, read, make dinner, chat, laugh,sleep,nothing.Its all gone i am not me anymore.Christmas and new year i was so sick it was horrible i need just someone to do something to help medically with theses symptoms or i dont kn ow what will happen.I regret every second of this filler nightmare,i have paid doctors to try to get answers but they just take my money and say it is not possible,buy it is i am suffering everyday i want out of this but i have just been left like this for god knows how long.I pray for the day this ends i just want to sleep again and not have burning everywhere that no one can see but i can feel insessantly.I hope i get help if i can manage i will let you know what is happening havent been on here for a while,cant concentrate too much,thank you for all your comments.Kxx
I'm so sorry you went through this. I hope you are better now.

Wow everything you said is happening to me. My neurologist now tells me I have somthing on my bainstem and frontal lobe( right side) just got an inhaler helps some I also have jum and jaw problems. I get major cramps if I try and poem my mouth too wide. You hit the mark with burning forehead and pain behind eyes. I have become a hermit laying in bad all day pulling and tugging on my face trying to find a spot that gives me a moments relief until the cramping sets in and have to change angel. Even the shower hitting my face causes tingles ( the painful ones like you get when you sit on your foot and it falls asleep the first minute you get off of it) I share your torture and I miss my life as well going on one year four months. I remember the day so clear. It was the last day of life as I knew it. Think about taking a butcher knife to my face like three times a week. Good luck with your misery, know you are not alone. Gee can't even spell type or remember simple stuff anymore :-(

Hi there Mario thank you for your comments,and thoughtful coping strategys for this juvederm nightmare.I know my surfing the internet for explanations to the symptoms i am experiencing may sound a little excessive but these symptoms are very real and debilitating.You mentioned Mario speaking to someone who had similar brain fog symptoms as myself,did this person have filler between the eyebrows like me if you dont mind me asking.It is not just brain fog that i have been experiencing but severe memory loss too which is scary and burning in the head and eyes,also now pain in hips and joints.I truly appreciate your comments and will try to keep feeling positive but it is so hard when i dont know what i am doing wading through this intolerable brain fog it gets worse at night.I have this constant feeling of my head being clogged with a heaviness that consistantly burns its there 24 hours a day even after 4 months.I dont know if i could 9 months of this if that is how long it may take.Iknow sometimes the internet can put misleading stories out there but i just want to feel better,my whole body aches and i cannot sleep even all night,this is terrifying.Thanks for all your comments it helps to have someone there who doesn't think you are a whack job or making symptoms up,i am trying to eat a bit more as the nausea has subsided a little but i am still losindg weight 2 and a half stone in 3 months,i guess this doesn't help.Please keep chatting its nice to chat.Take care Mario,thanks again for all your advice.Kx.
Katie...What i would do is try to change the way you are percieving all of this.. as i think a lot of your symptoms are caused by stress and anxiety as the mind is very powerful (placebo effect) and can produce a lot of the symptoms you mentioned.

I would also advise to do less research on the internet as this will only increase your anxiety further, i actually spoke to someone who had similar side effects from fillers and had brain fog and many symptoms you describe and now 9 months later shes 90 percent back to normal due to the fillers dissolving naturally.

I think in time you will definitely return to normal as the fillers will dissolve naturally, in the meantime try to live your life like you used to even if you have to force yourself and do something fun or exciting.

I would definitely try yoga or tai-chi classes as these can be really helpfull in making you relax and are also beneficial for your health..please dont be victim of high stress as it can take over your life and make you feel ill and cause potential health problems in the long run.

Keep smiling and speak to ya soon :)

Mario
Thanks for your kind advice yes i have tried everything to sleep,all kinds of medication.Thank you for reading my very long description of current symptoms.I have decided to go to another hospital a&e dept in a hope that some doctor or test will show something i feel that filler should never be used in the glabella area as even another plastic surgeon i visited when i started having symptoms who performed nasal surgery on me 12 years ago said he never uses juvederm because it moves from where you inject it.I was going to have the injections done with him but his secretary didn't contact me back to say when his next clinic was on, so i went near to where i live,i wish i had tried to contact him back again i probably wouldn't be in this mess now.I know it is just looking back in retrospect now,but i am so angry as i have a family to think of.I agree with you bd55 i would wait out the filler if you are not having too many symptoms that are severe.I still have filler in my cheeks even though i had burning initially but after steroids it dispersed a bit it's just the symptoms now in my head that are worrying.I will keep trying to fight it what else can i do.Hopefully chat again soon.kx.
Katie, I'm so sorry to hear about the horrible time you are having and all the different symptoms. You mentioned not sleeping much the last 4 months. Have you tried any OTC or prescription sleep aides as severe lack of sleep is also contributing to your anxiety and stress level. Yoga is also a good stress reliever that I have started again in just the last few weeks due to my increased anxiety from having this procedure. After hearing about reactions some have had with hyaluroidase I am going to just wait it out. I am too afraid to inject anything else in this area especially if it could make things worse. My numbness is mostly gone and the fogginess has improved a lot. One of my eyes actually looks great and the only issue with the other one is that there is a light half-moon like shape that is visible. It is more noticeable in certain light and not so much in others. Has anyone had this experience? I believe I read of someone else who had it and she said it resolved after a few months. I hope you start to feel better Katie. You need to believe that things will improve with time. Try anything that can take your mind off it and help you to relax. I was so totally focused on it that it increased my stress level even more. I'd like to hear experiences from people who have waited for it to resorb and how they looked after.