Mental Pain Caused by Tattoo - United Kingdom

Approximately 3 years ago my fiancé at the time...

Approximately 3 years ago my fiancé at the time suggested u get a tattoo. I got sucked into the idea, especially with all the reality tv shows featuring them. I had a Fu dog half sleeve design to represent strength and protection, although I wanted it somewhere less obvious I.e my back I was talked into placing it on my arm. I hate the way it's turned otu and feel it has ruined my life, I cannot wear sleeveless tops and feel I always have to keep it hidden from friends and family, even t-shirts have to be a certain length. I cannot look at myself in the mirror and have fallen into a deep depression over it I am taking medication for. I was left with debt when my fiancé left me and cannot contemplate the cost of removal, given the size I am doubtful it can ever be removed, I just want my life back and feel it has been stolen from me. I have researched removal creams and other at home removal methods on the web out of desperation but what I read is laser is the only way. There is a picosure studio near to me but is expected to run into thousands. Any one else experiencing the same crisis will be great to hear from. It is mentally draining thinking about this mistake on a daily basis and beating myself up over it.

Photo

Hey there, just checking in to see how you are making out, are you going to start the removal process?
The Picosure will most likely get all of the light grey shading on the first pass. Fortunately for you, the outlines on your tattoo seem to be light as well. A full removal is extremely possible with your tattoo since it is black and grey and that it doesn't seem to have outlines that are that are dense and thick. The Picosure is definitely the best choice.

I'm so glad you added a photo really helps us give you feedback.  Your tattoo is very light, mostly grey shading. In my opinion you would have great results. It's still going to take time but as you may have seen in other reviews the shading is the first to go, especially with the PicoSure. Check out this review:

What Are my Chances?!

Hey well very good news. It is very very poor work and actually already looks like it's had a few sessions on it.a few blast an this will be remarkably faded.the picosure is all hype and false adv. I've seen absolutely no better results than the q yag specially on black.good luck !
Falco, you seem insistent on telling EVERYONE on realself that picosure is all hype. It isn't all hype. Yes, there are some instances where it didn't result in a stellar outcome, but that could have been the setting and/or operator. Given the fact that you tell everyone on here that it is all hype, it's almost as if you are trying to convince yourself.
Check my pictures i got better results from a table top q laser than any picosure I've seen
I disagree. Picosure would have blown your shading off in 1-2treatment tops. I've seen it.
Yes, from what I've seen picosure is much better - especially for shading and blue/green/purple. I agree falco4758, that your shading would have been much more effected by the pico. You could always do a patch test on some of your shading to see since everyone will react differently and as WillG says the settings and operator further effect results. If you have a pico nearby they should do a patch for little or nothing. In the States the picosure seems more reasonably priced, so it's an option. However Phatts and I are in the same boat- it's really expensive in GB, so a good q-switched may still be the only option:(
Personally, I think it is extremely ignorant of you to suggest a table top q laser over the Picosure.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Ignore Falco. He is clearly ninformed and rude. He tries to convince others that picosure isn't superior when he's really only trying to convince himself.
Show me cases where it is so much better please!!... The few reviews on this site where users have ACTUALLY used picosure say they are disappointed and see no better results!!You can look for yourself.your the one misinforming people,clearly can't think for yourself and Believe everything your told.
"The laser didn’t seem any more or less traumatic on my skin. Seemed about the same as my first session. Do I think the picosure laser was worth?? Not really!! Maybe because it was only 1 session, but I didn’t notice a HUGE difference. They way they talk about this laser it was expecting dramatic results. I have posted a picture for you all to look at an judge yourself. Thanks for reading" Directly from the review titled"daddy's girl" on this site. Sorry buddy
you do know theres a section on realself that is dedicated to "only" picosure reviews right?
Can I just point out falco that people use this website for support. While you may have your own opinions on picosure, your comments are very confrontational. Whether someone is using picosure or q-switched, they'll always have a doubt about whether or not their tattoo can be fully removed as it cannot be guaranteed. People have put a lot of faith into picosure and have made the hard decision to spend a lot of money on it, you should respect their decisions and not mock them. If you look at your own review you'll notice that you've had a lot of helpful comments from us. Do you think Phatts will be happy to see these comments on his review? If you must debate then please use the private message function instead.

Thank you Welsh Chad for jumping in, this conversation has clearly gone off track. Everyone will have their own opinions on the Picosure and can state whether they feel it is worth it or not. This is no place for rude comments that are not helpful to the community and they will be removed if they don't apply to the conversation.

Sorry to hear how down this is making you feel. Remember, you are not defined by your tattoo! Good news is your tattoo looks like the perfect kind for removal. Even if you can only do half, so that you can not worry about t-shirts, your life will be vastly improved. Maybe consider just trying to make the situation better, knowing that one day the thing will be gone! Good luck!
"The laser didn’t seem any more or less traumatic on my skin. Seemed about the same as my first session. Do I think the picosure laser was worth?? Not really!! Maybe because it was only 1 session, but I didn’t notice a HUGE difference. They way they talk about this laser it was expecting dramatic results. I have posted a picture for you all to look at an judge yourself. Thanks for reading" This is from the review "daddys girl" on this site.sorry buddy
Ok, that's one example when someone had a SINGLE session. Often times, they operator uses a low setting on the first session to get a feel for the patient's reaction. Why do you think there are 30+ picosure reviews on here with a 100% approval rating. Those ARE people that have used picosure. YOU haven't. Again, your wrong.
"Low settings " lolll. Right. So at least a 500$ sessions most of the time is a waste?nice!Show me the reviews on here with success? I have not seen one.
Step 1: google "picosure realself" Step 2: read 39 reviews Step 3: discover you're mistaken Step 4: make an appt for picosure
Hi Phatts. I agree with wilks - it's a pretty cool tattoo! Of course it depends how you feel about it though, not us. As jman also said, you have a lot of shading there which is easier to remove than pure black ink. You've also had it for quite a while compared to some of us on here. It's definitely hard trying to live with a tattoo you don't like; you try to tell yourself that you like it but it bugs you more and more each day. Getting a tattoo removed takes a lot of patience but I found things much easier when I started to see fading (and my tattoo was jet black to begin with!). Have a look in your area for laser clinics as they're all over the place really, but don't feel that you have to pay thousands for Picosure just because you hate it. Q-switched is just as good but you need a little more patience. If you go ahead with laser then we'll all be here to help you along the way. Good luck!
Sorry to hear you've had a rough ride mate. We're all in the same boat here. This thing has consumed me for several months now but I'm on the way to making it right again. It's a painfully slow process but it does work. Laser is the only way to go, don't waste your time with anything else. You can make this right too. If it's any consolation, I think it's a pretty good looking tattoo!!
Hi Phatts. Sorry to hear about your story. I too are on tablets for depression after rushing into getting a tattoo. Mine is a full sleeve and I shall start my own post soon. I agree Picosure is very expensive but as your tattoo contains a lot of grey and shading you will see some very clear results after sessions with normal Q switched lasers. Have you tried any tattoo shops by you? Ones by me offer sessions for about £20-£30 but they will only treat an area roughly 5 inches square but at least that would make a start on the bottom part which shows when you have a top on. My treatments are at Sk:n , they have clinics throughout the UK . Im having 3/4 of my forearm treated at a time then going to have the rest done 2 weeks later at a tattoo shop. look forward to your reply