34 Years Old...... Finally Got a New Nose – United Kingdom

Hi, I am hoping to speak with people who have had...

Hi,
I am hoping to speak with people who have had septorhinoplasty. It has been 6 days post op for me and the only thing that is bothering me is that my nose is upturned like a pig very much so in fact and I can't look at myself in the mirror. I have always wanted to have rhinoplasty but could not afford it at the time so eventually when I was able to I jumped at the chance. However I didn't consider the trauma that I would experience after surgery due to the fact of anesthetic and all different emotions you experience following surgery. I thought I had made the worst decision of my life but I am hoping that my nose will settle. Today I had my cast taken off and sutures on my columella removed which was quite painful. surgery itself wasn't painful it was just the packing that made it really uncomfortable ...you all will know what I mean! Please share with me any experience you might have had related to this procedure and hopefully put my mind at ease.

thanks

Lyndsey

Day of surgery 28.03.14

I took this picture as soon as I returned from theatre. I wasn't in pain at this point I just had a really bad head from the packing in my nose.

28.03.14

02.04.14

5 days post op. Not much swelling....just want to get this cast off.

07.03.14

10 days post op. I had my cast removed on day 6 post op.

Swelling on tip 09.04.14

I am really concerned about the tip area. It is really swollen and also I feel is pointing upwards too much. Will this go down? I appreciate it is only 2 weeks since the op but it's so worrying.

Before and after pics