My Rhinoplasty Experience - United Kingdom, GB

I'd wanted a nose job from a young age, I never...

I'd wanted a nose job from a young age, I never had the worst nose in the world but it was quite long and slightly hook/bump from side. I had consultations at various chains but stumbled upon my surgeon by accident as I told someone they had a perfect nose and it turned out they had had it done. And the rest they say is history.

I have passed the 3 month mark!!! :) It is still...

I have passed the 3 month mark!!! :) It is still swollen but I have had my check up with Mr Tyler and he assures me that the definition is there and it will really start to come through once the swelling dies down.

I am really happy .. I can see that it is still swollen but around the bridge the swelling has gone now. My face no longer feels stiff and I can raise my eyebrows with no pain.

It still looks a bit weird when I smile but again this will correct itself as the swelling goes.

I will upload some new photos soon.

My last check up was kinda emotional, as how do you thank someone for changing your life??

Also just a couple of notes on my recovery. For...

Also just a couple of notes on my recovery. For the first 3-4 weeks I felt really out of it - like you have a huge pressure on your face / head cold all the time. Due to the way you have to sleep as well I was quite tired a lot of the time. I also felt very emotional as I guess the experience of your op is just a big shock to your body. My nose dripped for a few weeks especially as I didn't want to blow my nose, I got my smell back after about 8 days. I am still weary of touching my nose even now though I know it is safe too. What else? Drinking makes it swell do avoid that. Try not to bang it or brush past it as it kinda hurts in the first few weeks. Avoid really chewy foods for the first 3 weeks - I remember I had a really chewy bread roll on the third week and omg it felt like my nose was going to rip apart. Avoid spicy foods and scented candles and smoky atmospheres for first 3-4 weeks as it made my nostrils sting.

I am around the 10 month mark now and even in the...

I am around the 10 month mark now and even in the last month my nose has shrunk even more so and I finally like every single photo of me as until literally 2 weeks ago at some angles I still felt it looks piggy. Which just shows time does pay, and we just need to be patient. I am very excited about the coming months as apparently it will get even smaller.

I saw Mike for my final consultation about 3 weeks ago now and he was very happy. I think he is an amazing surgeon, I love my nose soooo much it has changed my life and I would recommend anyone to have one done with him.

One year mark

Here is my nose at the one year mark and I absolutely love it. The tip is dropping even now and there has been noticeable difference in the swelling even now.
London Plastic Surgeon

I have given Michael Tyler and his team the utmost rating I possibly can because he is my saviour. I had open rhinoplasty and I literally love my new nose and it has changed my life. I wanted to write this review, because this forum kept me strong when my nose was piggy and upturned but I came through it and now 2 months later I have a beautiful perfect nose and I am so happy and wanted to reassure other members you will be too in time. Mike was professional at all times, did not exert any pressure at all to book and was understanding to my needs and answered any questions no matter how stupid they were! Cannot recommend highly enough. Having a rhinoplasty has been an emotional journey for me and it also took me a lot longer than 2 weeks to get back to normal but a million times over it is worth it, and a thousand times thank you to Mr Tyler and his team for giving me my dream nose. I literally LOVE it.