Mini Tummy Tuck, Muscle Repair, No Lipo - United Kingdom, GB

After 19 years of hating my tummy, 3 children...

After 19 years of hating my tummy, 3 children later, i decided to take the plunge. I didnt have enough skin for a full tuck, and after my husband left me i lost 2 stone, so decided the time was right to get it done.
Recovery wasn't nowhere as near as bad as i had thought, easier than a C Section.
Im now 15 days post surgery and swollen still. The scar looks quite red and has slight puckering which im told will fade out. I have silicone gel and strips and also bio oil to apply once healed.

update 16 days post op

Drove long distance today and went shopping, i was fine! slightly swollen tonight but drinking plenty of water.
Treated myself to new skimpy knickers, a first for me! :)

scar 16 days post op

The scar is doing fab! slight crinkle at the corners but it smoothing out day by day. (Marker pen makes it look worse, its hard to scrub off) Overall im very happy with it and think it will fade quite quickly with bio oil and silicone gel. Id much rather the scar then the old wrinkly flabby tummy thats for sure!

Awsome results!
Where did you have your TT in the UK?
I had my mini tummy tuck at the woodlands hospital in Darlington... the surgeon there also practices in York. Hope that helps :)
It seems awfully cheap at $2800. I'm in Essex thinking about going to Prague to get it done
It was cheaper as it was a mini, i didn't want to risk going out of the country, if you look on the website you will find prices and contact info. Good luck with your journey! :)
Looking fab! So happy for you that you have gotten such great results! I'm 15 days post from mini with muscle repair, but also have lipo on my flanks (no matter how much I worked out, it wouldn't go away post pregancy!). How is your swelling? And how often do you use the bio oil? I have silicone gel I put on my incision, bout would love the hear what is wokring for others...
Hi, my swelling has gone down quite a bit in the last couple of days, i had been on my feet more and walked and it seemed to help. I have only used bio oil for 2 days then i applied the silicone strips, they are clear and i think they have made a difference already, ive only had them on 2 days... i dont know if the scar would of faded like it has without but i like them and will buy more. I got dermatix c section pad and cut in half long ways. There are all different sizes. How is your tummy? i got worried a few days ago thinking it wasnt tight enough but my surgeon assured me it was just because the swelling had gone down and the skin needed to catch up, i will update with photos shortly. Did you not have enough skin for the full tummy tuck? ive read people wish they had the full one after having the mini, that worried me also!
I am 16 days out and no loose skin; my problem is more that my belly feels tight by the end of the day when the swelling is the worst. I didn't have loose skin for a full, though I did get the muscle repair that is done in a full( One of the reasons I went with my PS!). Hoping for you that the skin will "catch up" and that the mini was the best option :-) Looking forward to heron how you are doing!
Thats great, i had muscle repair but i dont think all the way up, he took away scar tissue from the top which i got after lipo a few years ago making it lumpy. My skin is tight standing, just when i bend or sit it goes crinkly. He has assured me this is normal though. Happy healing to you :)
Thanks jodico- sending happy healing vibes your way!
You look really good I hope I look like this 15 days post op
Thank you, the scar is looking better day by day too, its nice and low, red at the moment but very thin so i think it will heal like me c section scar, it was barely noticeable... fingers crossed. I will pop a pic of the scar on later xx
Where did you get your procedure done?? Looks amazing
I had it done by Mr Baugley at Woodlands Darlington Hospital. He has been amazing, answers any questions via email even on a weekend!
That's fantastic just so hard to know whether to take the plunge and trust someone!! Amazing results though
i got it done 17 days ago now, its healing really well, im very pleased. Thanks x
its a tough decision but im glad i did it, make sure you get a few different opinions and always make sure you have enough skin otherwise you will have a very high scar x
Having my son has left me literally with skin I can't get rid of through exercise and a clean diet it's very frustrating!! I've been told that I need to make sure I don't wNt anymore children otherwise the likelihood of it happening again is high as the elasticity of my skin is poor!!! It's just a big decision and not being able to train or teach at the gym like I do while I recover would probably kill me!! All considerations for me!! Thanks for your advice x
Yes make sure you dont want any more children, id def wait until the baby days are over or you will end up with more stretch marks too as the skin will have to stretch more. The staying away from the gym is hard but will be worth it, im dying to get stuck back in! :)
You look great
Thank you, that means a lot! its been a long time coming, thanks again! :) xx
Your are looking so fab!
Hey welcome to the flat side. I had my mini revised 9 days ago. I'm also doing great. Only slightly swollen too!
hi there, why did you have your mini revised? hope you dont mind me asking! xx
When he did the first one in May of 2012 he only lipoed my flanks and cut out 2 inches of skin. He didn't lipo anywhere else on my stomach. So I knew I had to come back for that after 6 months. Well my mom passed away in april and then my sister had a craniotomy in July from 3 brain aneurysms. So I didn't have time for me till now. I redid my ba cuz I changed my mind about going smaller, an expensive decision. However, I do feel he could have done to my tummy what he did this time the first time. He only charged me $1500 the first time and $1750 the second time on the tummy part. Last time he lipoed 500 ml or 1 lb of fat from my flanks and cut 2 inches of skin. This time he lipoed 700 ml of fat nearly 1.5 lbs of fat from my tummy upper and lower. I don't have any back fat or rolls. He cut 1 inch above the old incision and 1 inch below for a total of 2 inches of skin cut out. I don't mind you asking at all. I think its bs I had to do this twice. But it is what it is. Any future touchups, he will do right there in his office. I don't think I'll need any though.