22 Years Old, Chin Implant Booked! - United Kingdom

Hi Everyone, I thought it was time for me to...

Hi Everyone,
I thought it was time for me to write a review on my experiences so far, seen as though many of you have helped me so much on here. Especially Sabrina, so thank you :)

Just a quick overview - I'm 22 from the UK. Started to notice my receding chin at the age of 16/17 (beginning of college). I HATE the way i look from the side, however i am happy with the way i look from the front.

Started to look into implants around April 2014. ( i decided to wait this long so my body had fully grown and i was old enough to make such decision, and pay for it myself)

I have had 4 consultations, 2 with one surgeon and 2 with a different surgeon. I have decided to stay local and picked a highly recommended private clinic, i am really happy with my surgeon and trust his opinions.

We spoke about sliding ginoplasty, and the chin implant, and we both decided the implant would give me the result I'm looking for. ( As sliding gino is a bit too invasive for my liking, i really don't think i would be mentally prepared for that) So my surgeon was happy to perform the implant surgery. I am confident that he has explained all the pros and cons of this procedure and i am looking forward to the operation on friday 27th June 2014.

My surgeon has recommended the medium implant, he said it would suit my face, as the large may be too witch like for me? Never the less, he is still going to try the various "sizers" during the operation, just to be sure. I will be going under general anaesthetic and have to stay in hospital 6 hours post surgery.

I have attached a couple of pictures of my profile, which has took some courage putting them on here, i always avoid photos like this, or always photoshop my chin if needed. I can't wait for the day i no longer have to do that anymore, and feel confident in myself and not have to hide my chin or pertrude my lower jaw all the time. (so annoying!)

If anyone has any questions or advice they would like to share, i would be grateful. Thanks :)

i forgot ...

I forgot to mention my implant is being held in with 1 micro titanium screw in the centre. I have read lots of mixed reviews on this. Some say screws are bad, some say screws are a must to prevent bone erosion, some even use more than 1 screw etc etc. At the end of the day all surgeons, in many different counties have different procedures. I think with or without a screw is still safe otherwise they wouldn't perform the operations this way. Its all down to the surgeons preference. Just incase anybody was worrying about this :)

Operation day!

Hey everyone.

I'm home now!! In no pain just very stiff!

Going under general wasn't as bad as I thought! The nurses were so lovely and spoke to me constantly to take my mind off things! Next thing I was fast asleep! I'm not too sure how long the opp took but I will update you on this soon!

My surgeon decided to use a large implant during surgery as my chin was basically non existent under all my skin haha!

He said the small made no difference the medium was ok but wasn't happy with projection! So he used large. He said it went well but was very difficult and had to shape the implant to fit my bone! So was a lot of moving around a tugging. He had to make the incision slightly larger to fit the implant in. Which I am ok with, I don't mind having a scar.

He has also detached my muscles under my chin towards the back of my neck to loosen them as they were so tight they were pulling my chin back along with the implant. This will also give me a flat chin underneath instead of a huge slope hopefully! So he said I'm probably swollen and in more pain than he previously suggested to me in the consultation!

But I feel fine at the minute! No pain just stiff and throbbing a little but it's bearable !

I tried to go home from hospital about an 2 hours ago but nearly passed out when I stood up, sweat was dripping off me so had to go back to bed! But I'm home now all ok, not been sick at all and managed to eat an egg butty at hospital! (Well suck an egg butty lol)

You have to pass urine and eat something before they consider letting you out.

I have to leave the bandage on for at least 3 days he said even longer if I can as it's on quite tight to help swelling. However if it does come off he said it's ok.

I'll be going back some point next week to get my stitches removed. ( I have had dissolvable stitches inside and normal stitches outside)

I'm now Just really nervous about seeing the results! I'm praying everything looks ok! I'm more scared about the results than I was about the operation!

I trust my surgeon has made the right choices he is lovely :)

If you have any questions just ask ! X

Day 1

Managed to sleep on my back all night ! Woke up a few times but I was in no pain! I fell back asleep straight away.

Currently sat downstairs watching tv and going to try and eat beans and some bread and butter.

Started taking penicillin today and 1 pain relief just incase. Pain really doesn't seem to be an issue. The huge white sticker on my face is the annoying thing! Haha x

Day 3!

So day 3 I decided to take the top half of the dressing off as it was really irritating my bottom lip!

I peeled down the left side to have a sneak peak and I am very swollen! I look like the nutty professor lol!

I'm in no pain all I have been taking is prescribed penicillin and ibuprofen to help swelling.

Up to now it's hard to tell what's going on around my chin but I'm happy with the front of my face it's definitely given me a fuller chin from the front!!! :) I'm hoping the swelling around my neck will die down soon and hopefully the definition of the chin will be more visible! :)

Day 3 update

Managed to get most of the bandage off and just left on the gause to protect the stitches! So pleased so far even with all the bruising and swelling!

Day 5

Swelling still visible and lots of yellowish bruises all around my neck, still got stitches in also.

But so happy with the results already the difference is amazing! And it's only day 5 !!!!!! Can't believe it :)

Day 6

Well today I've been to the hairdressers to have it washed and trimmed! I love it!

I feel so much better and love my chin more and more each day!

Each day my smile is improving! Can't wait until it's back to normal.

Here are some pics of my hair and chin :)

Day 8

Stitches were removed today! There was a bit of tension on the wound so he has put paper stitches on for 1 week. Which I am fine with. There was a bit of blood but not loads. Surgeon really pleased with the results and the healing process!

I am arranging to see him in 6-8 weeks or final check in.

Overall I am so pleased !!! Absolutely love my new chin and can't wait for the swelling and bruising to disappear!

So happy x

Day 9

Ta dahhhhhhh!!! So happy guys :)

Before and after side by side

Thought it would be easier for people to see the difference next to each other! Absolutely unbelievable! Eeeek!!!!!

Feeling great!

So I'm 3 weeks post op and I'm over the moon!! Had no problems what so ever I feel pretty much back to normal! Can still feel slight stiffness here and there but hardly noticeable! My scar is healing great! I'm seeing to surgeon again at the end of August for final check up ! Best decision I've ever ever made :) x

1 month

So today it's been a month since my opp! And probably my final update in here for now. If anyone has any questions please let me know! Here are so before and afters. After pics were taken today :) I'm still as thrilled as ever
Mr S Akhtar

Such a lovely knowledgable man. Listened to all my queries and concerns. Took me through every possible option I had regarding the chin implant. Couldn't of picked a better surgeon. Very skilled and achieved the best result considering he said it was very difficult due to the shape of my jaw. Would recommend him to anyone considering surgery. Thank you!!!

It's results like these that make me want to get an implant. How have other people reacted to the implant?
You should totally do it you will not regret it I promise! I didn't tell many people I was having it done apart from family and 1 or 2 friends. So the people I didnt tell didn't really notice as it's so natural ! But when you see the before and after side by side it's mind blowingly different! I love it so much x
Absolutely gorgeous!
OMG you look so beautiful…and you have dimples, I could not even see them in the before! :-)
thank you so much! Yes my dimple is bigger on one side than the other! Haha :)
Congratulations! You look absolutely stunning! Wow. The chin augmentation really slims the face. I can't wait to do mine.
You will love it ! I would love to see pics ! X
You look awesome. He did a great job.
Thank you so much! The surgeon is great :)
P.S. Did you get chin liposuction or just the implant? Did you previously have the "double chin" problem when you looked down before? I'm trying to figure out what to do...
I didn't get chin liposuction just chin implant only. I did get a double chin when looking down , to be honest I felt like a had a double chin all the time! I had my muscles under my chin freed as well , as they were so tight they were pulling and putting too much pressure on the implant.
You seriously look gorgeous. I want to get my chin fixed pronto!
Thank you so much! Honestly go for it ! You will not regret it I promise ! :)
What a beautiful profile you have now. So happy for you!
Thank you very much :) means so much !
Thank you for sharing you journey and updating pics. You look great!
Thanks so much! You are very welcome :)
Your results are beautiful. Glad you are happy with your new chin, Happy healing.
Some people say people who get surgery are vein, but I honestly feel that was needed.
Thanks! I don't like to think of myself as vein. If anything I am (was) insecure! That's why I had it done :) and don't regret a thing
Looks so good! You look so happy as well! I love it...recover pain how would you rate it
Tess- recovery pain is literally a 1 out of 10. No pain at all- just stiff, tingly and numb. After like a few days everything goes back to normal :)
Thanks tess! The only pain I felt was when I first woke up from opp. They gave me strong cocodamol once I had come round. Apart from that no real pain just stiff and difficult to speak and eat for a couple of days. Remember I had my muscles freed under my chin towards my neck so this added to the discomfort for me, so bare in mind it's different for everyone :) I had 9 days off work which was plenty. A week wouldn't of been enough for me due to bad bruising x
You look FANTASTIC...this I'm sure has been very life hanging for you. You have always been beautiful but this work has really made it come out even more....enjoy!
Thank you so much! So nice to hear feedback like this! I can't describe how happy I am with my new look!!! The best decision I have ever made! Completely worth the money! Xx