22 Years Old, Chin Implant Booked! - United Kingdom

Hi Everyone, I thought it was time for me to...

Hi Everyone,
I thought it was time for me to write a review on my experiences so far, seen as though many of you have helped me so much on here. Especially Sabrina, so thank you :)

Just a quick overview - I'm 22 from the UK. Started to notice my receding chin at the age of 16/17 (beginning of college). I HATE the way i look from the side, however i am happy with the way i look from the front.

Started to look into implants around April 2014. ( i decided to wait this long so my body had fully grown and i was old enough to make such decision, and pay for it myself)

I have had 4 consultations, 2 with one surgeon and 2 with a different surgeon. I have decided to stay local and picked a highly recommended private clinic, i am really happy with my surgeon and trust his opinions.

We spoke about sliding ginoplasty, and the chin implant, and we both decided the implant would give me the result I'm looking for. ( As sliding gino is a bit too invasive for my liking, i really don't think i would be mentally prepared for that) So my surgeon was happy to perform the implant surgery. I am confident that he has explained all the pros and cons of this procedure and i am looking forward to the operation on friday 27th June 2014.

My surgeon has recommended the medium implant, he said it would suit my face, as the large may be too witch like for me? Never the less, he is still going to try the various "sizers" during the operation, just to be sure. I will be going under general anaesthetic and have to stay in hospital 6 hours post surgery.

I have attached a couple of pictures of my profile, which has took some courage putting them on here, i always avoid photos like this, or always photoshop my chin if needed. I can't wait for the day i no longer have to do that anymore, and feel confident in myself and not have to hide my chin or pertrude my lower jaw all the time. (so annoying!)

If anyone has any questions or advice they would like to share, i would be grateful. Thanks :)

i forgot ...

I forgot to mention my implant is being held in with 1 micro titanium screw in the centre. I have read lots of mixed reviews on this. Some say screws are bad, some say screws are a must to prevent bone erosion, some even use more than 1 screw etc etc. At the end of the day all surgeons, in many different counties have different procedures. I think with or without a screw is still safe otherwise they wouldn't perform the operations this way. Its all down to the surgeons preference. Just incase anybody was worrying about this :)

Operation day!

Hey everyone.

I'm home now!! In no pain just very stiff!

Going under general wasn't as bad as I thought! The nurses were so lovely and spoke to me constantly to take my mind off things! Next thing I was fast asleep! I'm not too sure how long the opp took but I will update you on this soon!

My surgeon decided to use a large implant during surgery as my chin was basically non existent under all my skin haha!

He said the small made no difference the medium was ok but wasn't happy with projection! So he used large. He said it went well but was very difficult and had to shape the implant to fit my bone! So was a lot of moving around a tugging. He had to make the incision slightly larger to fit the implant in. Which I am ok with, I don't mind having a scar.

He has also detached my muscles under my chin towards the back of my neck to loosen them as they were so tight they were pulling my chin back along with the implant. This will also give me a flat chin underneath instead of a huge slope hopefully! So he said I'm probably swollen and in more pain than he previously suggested to me in the consultation!

But I feel fine at the minute! No pain just stiff and throbbing a little but it's bearable !

I tried to go home from hospital about an 2 hours ago but nearly passed out when I stood up, sweat was dripping off me so had to go back to bed! But I'm home now all ok, not been sick at all and managed to eat an egg butty at hospital! (Well suck an egg butty lol)

You have to pass urine and eat something before they consider letting you out.

I have to leave the bandage on for at least 3 days he said even longer if I can as it's on quite tight to help swelling. However if it does come off he said it's ok.

I'll be going back some point next week to get my stitches removed. ( I have had dissolvable stitches inside and normal stitches outside)

I'm now Just really nervous about seeing the results! I'm praying everything looks ok! I'm more scared about the results than I was about the operation!

I trust my surgeon has made the right choices he is lovely :)

If you have any questions just ask ! X

Day 1

Managed to sleep on my back all night ! Woke up a few times but I was in no pain! I fell back asleep straight away.

Currently sat downstairs watching tv and going to try and eat beans and some bread and butter.

Started taking penicillin today and 1 pain relief just incase. Pain really doesn't seem to be an issue. The huge white sticker on my face is the annoying thing! Haha x

Day 3!

So day 3 I decided to take the top half of the dressing off as it was really irritating my bottom lip!

I peeled down the left side to have a sneak peak and I am very swollen! I look like the nutty professor lol!

I'm in no pain all I have been taking is prescribed penicillin and ibuprofen to help swelling.

Up to now it's hard to tell what's going on around my chin but I'm happy with the front of my face it's definitely given me a fuller chin from the front!!! :) I'm hoping the swelling around my neck will die down soon and hopefully the definition of the chin will be more visible! :)

Day 3 update

Managed to get most of the bandage off and just left on the gause to protect the stitches! So pleased so far even with all the bruising and swelling!

Day 5

Swelling still visible and lots of yellowish bruises all around my neck, still got stitches in also.

But so happy with the results already the difference is amazing! And it's only day 5 !!!!!! Can't believe it :)

Day 6

Well today I've been to the hairdressers to have it washed and trimmed! I love it!

I feel so much better and love my chin more and more each day!

Each day my smile is improving! Can't wait until it's back to normal.

Here are some pics of my hair and chin :)

Day 8

Stitches were removed today! There was a bit of tension on the wound so he has put paper stitches on for 1 week. Which I am fine with. There was a bit of blood but not loads. Surgeon really pleased with the results and the healing process!

I am arranging to see him in 6-8 weeks or final check in.

Overall I am so pleased !!! Absolutely love my new chin and can't wait for the swelling and bruising to disappear!

So happy x

Day 9

Ta dahhhhhhh!!! So happy guys :)

Before and after side by side

Thought it would be easier for people to see the difference next to each other! Absolutely unbelievable! Eeeek!!!!!

Feeling great!

So I'm 3 weeks post op and I'm over the moon!! Had no problems what so ever I feel pretty much back to normal! Can still feel slight stiffness here and there but hardly noticeable! My scar is healing great! I'm seeing to surgeon again at the end of August for final check up ! Best decision I've ever ever made :) x

1 month

So today it's been a month since my opp! And probably my final update in here for now. If anyone has any questions please let me know! Here are so before and afters. After pics were taken today :) I'm still as thrilled as ever

First night out!

Hey everyone! Just a quick update! Here are some pictures from my first night out last night with my new chin! Have to say I felt pretty damn good! No horrible double chin or saggy profile to be seen !!!

2 months plus!!

Cannot believe how fast the time goes!!! Wanted to thank you all for the lovely comments it means so much and I wish all of you waiting for surgery the best of luck!!! Here are a couple of update pictures taken today. I am still over the moon! Had no problems or pain touch wood it will stay this way!! If anyone has any questions just ask! :) xx

Video?

What do you guys think to a video upload? Do you want to see the chin up close and personal? Haha! Never done a video before! I wish I would of taken a before video of my chin :( there must be one I can find somewhere!
Mr S Akhtar

Such a lovely knowledgable man. Listened to all my queries and concerns. Took me through every possible option I had regarding the chin implant. Couldn't of picked a better surgeon. Very skilled and achieved the best result considering he said it was very difficult due to the shape of my jaw. Would recommend him to anyone considering surgery. Thank you!!!

I have a comment and a question. First, I have officially decided to get my implant, and I screen shotted your before-after, so I could show my PS what I wanted and also show my family the difference it can make (they all said you are GORGEOUS now). Second, what was the reaction of people? Could everyone tell you had an implant or just not figure out what was different? (SORRY if you've answered this before with someone else...)
Hey! So happy you have decided! I know you won't regret it! Thank you for sharing my experience with your family hopefully it will fill them with confidence! Regarding people's reaction nobody said anything!! I don't know if they were being polite or not! The people who saw my stitches thought I had fallen over or something! Haha. Before my chin implant I made such an effort to disguise my horrible profile! I used to edit all my pictures online and I would look at people straight on and project my lower jaw all the time! It wasn't until I started showing people the before and after pictures then I got a reaction! People are fascinated by the difference! I think my chin looks so natural it's hard for people to notice which is definitely a good thing :) ! X
Thanks for the response. That's wonderful. It really DOES look incredibly natural for you. I'm so happy for you that you're pleased with the result. I hope mine turns out as good as yours.
Thank you! I'm postitive it will ! I Wish you the best recovery! When are you booked in for ?! X
March! Eee!
Yes,try making a video so we can see clearer :) Thanks
She is gorgeous.
Ahhh so kind thank you! X
Gorgeous
Ahh thank you very much! X :)
Wow you look great! I just had face, neck, brow lift and... chin implant! I really hope that mine look as good as yours, I had my surgery 5 days ago and seeing your pictures give me so much hope! Thank you for posting ☺
Ahhh thank you!! So happy for you! You are going to love it ! Can't wait to see some of your pics! You will be feeling great in no time !! X
Something I've noticed with both you and one of the other girls who has gotten the implant done is that it looks as though the implant is pushing the corners of your lips up. Whereas before you looked like you had a permanent frown, now you look constantly happy (which is a good thing).
Haha! I didn't notice until you mentioned it! You could be right! Well I know I'm definitely constantly happy now ! :)
Beautiful results,yes,time flies. Happy Wednesday!
Thanks!!! Happy Wednesday to you too!!! X
Thanks :) Gonna catch some rays right now.
Holly Maccaroooniiii!!! You look beyond gorgeous, I love how perfectly your chin implant fits your face, your surgeon made an excellent job!!! I will have a rhinoplasty and chin implant done next December I hope my results are as good as yours, thank you so much for sharing your story!!!
Wow thank you so much! You are very welcome! I can't tell you enough how good it feels to help people going through the same thing as me! I wish you all the best of luck! You won't regret it and I can't wait to see your results! :)
I can't believe it has been months now for us! :)
I know!! It's crazy!! I've literally just took an update photo absolutely love it!! We were brave gals haha xx
You look Gorgeous!