regret my dental bonding - Union City, NJ

I had perfect natural teeth. Had. The only slight...

I had perfect natural teeth. Had. The only slight flaw was that I had small white spots on the lower part of my top front teeth (2). Like an idiot I never imagined i could ever loose this. I drank and didn't take care of them and the yellowed. I originally wanted teeth whitening but was convinced to get my top 2 teeth bonded to cover the contrast of yellow and white. The dentist conservatively drilled enamel and placed the bonding material. I didn't like it. The machine gave me craze lines. But overall it looked ok. I should halve stopped there. I had it done in Ecuador.

When came back to Jersey, I wanted a scratch to be removed and was told it could be polished off. It worked. I was happy. Then i hit my right tooth with a fork, and went to have it lightly polished again--but it was a different dentist (same office). She drilled OFF my dental bonding and along with layers of enamel exposing a thin front tooth. I went livid. I got off and searched for the other dentist to fix it and she said they had to re-bond my tooth. I trusted her.

She did a sloppy job. She ended up putting more composite on top of the composite giving me 2 layers of this dull bonding material and even went up to my tooth and gave me an UNEVEN Gumline. I asked for her to fix it but she left the room. They all looked at me like i was crazy! On top of that i was told i had to pay $125 on the spot. They even wanted to sell me the veneer option but i payed and ran out.

I ran to another dentist to fix the crooked material seeping into my gum line and he shaved MORE enamel off. It's even but it looks much thiner and duller. It looked like a piece of gum on my tooth. I REGRET IT MORE THAN ANYTHING. I can't sleep. I don't eat. I'm breaking out. What have I done?!

I'm a 22 year old female.

Unprofessional. Impatient. Selfish.

I'm so sorry that you're unhappy with the outcome of your bonding.  :(

Do you have pictures to show us what happened?  I don't really understand, cause I'm not good at visualization.  I thought bonding was usually used so you wouldn't have to shave the teeth?  Veneers are supposed to look more real, if you're willing to shave the teeth.  Also, I thought bonding was usually to repair teeth, but you said you used it instead of whitening?

Thank you for sharing your story.