32yrs with 2 Children (9 & 12 Yrs) 70lb Weight Loss - United Kingdom, GB

After loosing 70lbs in weight that was mainly...

After loosing 70lbs in weight that was mainly gained during and after first pregnancy I realised what a mess I had made of my tummy.
I chose to have a full TT and the day before operation I weighed 140lbs the PS removed 2lb of skin
I didn't have any muscle repair to be done or anything to lipo so that was a result!
I have weighed myself this morning a week after surgery and have lost 3lbs but i am very swollen ATM so will see how that settles?

So far no regrets - no pain meds needed after PO day 2 I think not having lipo or MR is probably the reason? It's all really fine and the hardest bit for me tbh is doing nothing as I'm a very active person who is used to working outdoors on feet and busy/walking all day.
The worst part so far was first night after op when couldn't do a wee! I also fainted when first stood up - but i do have low blood pressure so that's not that surprising! The not being able to wee is normal too after a prolonged GA apparently but I was lucky that by morning my brain connected to bladder and all remembered what to do and I haven't stopped weeing since! Literally feels like every hour I can empty bladder again! I take it as being a productive thing.... Though have to admit I stopped drinking at 7 pm last night as was so tired I just wanted to sleep!
Drains came out PO day 4 & bb stitches removed yesterday day 7 I think!

I'm really pleased so far and thanks to this sight fairly relaxed and was expecting the swelling which is really horrid and makes you feel huge! But I can see a shape and a future ahead so just got to be patient....
Oh I'm slightly scared about how big my BB looks but PS said not to worry the swelling is deceiving the final look of that - he assures me it will all be fine! I hope so!

Looking forward to another week on the sofa doing bugger all - NOT!

The hospital was fab & more pics

I used Ramsayhealth who are a private hospital & healthcare group. I stayed at the Hertfordshire hospital and tbh it was more like a relaxing break.. I wasn't ready to go home! Staff so kind and caring and have time!!! Food was good.. Privacy excellent / lovely room, relaxed surroundings & a molton brown welcome pack - what more could you want!!!!!

More pics added also incl the big belly button! That's already changed shape though and I can see it will still change some.

I can stretch out in bed now but still trying to sleep on back until 14 day check up & keep reminding myself to relax and take easy and not rush the recovery. Have not driven or lifted or gone shopping or anything silly yet. Popped to bank once and family house for dinner once....other than that it's been feet up and watching telly/reading books etc. children are brilliant help and don't mind fetching things or helping so really pleased with them, they have been brilliant. No one has twigged on or knows yet so feeling pretty chuffed about that! Need few more excuses for avoiding nights out though or reasons I can't do certain things! Glad timed it during school holidays as really can use the busy excuse!

Morning of day 10 photos added.

This pic didn't add

Stretching & healing

Think it's PO day 12 but for the last few nights I've been waking myself up stretching... Body doesn't mind it but my head obviously does as I'm waking up thinking *stop!* but this morning I've slept solid all night and woken up this morning with feeling of dread as all pillows kicked up and I'm flat stretched right out... No discomfort or pain and I've checked no burst open scar... So I'll just relax then!
When does the skin start to reattach itself? I feel like above my belly button feels pretty snug.. I feel a bit tender immediately to one side of belly button but the bottom part still doesn't feel like it belongs to me haha
Also last day or so I get a sharp shooting jolt a few times a day on the scar in the same area.... I'm worried that under the tape perhaps there is a slight opening? Or maybe it's the nerves waking up as I've read on other reviews?
Tapes off Wednesday so should see the scar then.... I don't think I'll feel as safe without the tapes - how did you feel when they came off?

PS two week post check up

Saw PS today he said he was pleased & all was fine
He changed the tape on the scar which I was suprised to see is very thin... Photo taken!
New tapes on and can have a bath now!!
There is swelling above scar line on my left side that isn't fluid so have to wait and see how that heals ... I hope it is swelling and settles as won't like that .... It's not obvious on photos but it is to me when looking down ESP!

Will update when something to say but otherwise all super nice so far... I'm going to drive from next week and start walking again.

Sooooooo cold :-?

I'm so freezing cold and it's starting to feel like all the time... Hands and feet yes I'm used to that.. but also all of me... It hurts to be cold and isn't nice ... I know being so inactive is prob a big reason as normally in active and on feet all day... But brrrr feeling very miserable about being cold :-(

Moody and swollen

It's PO day 19 I think but last couple of days I've been moody as the swelling on left side is frustrating. Got to give time I know and not dwell or think about what it's but I'm having a sulky day - sorry!!!
I also weigh same as I did day of surgery and can't wear any old trousers not even the bigger size 12's (uk) I had just stuck with baggy elasticated trousers which are fashionable ATM but make you feel drab every single day!
Have been housebound until today really when I decided to test the theory that keeping active and moving IN MODERATION will help healing.... I walked a good pace for half hour. No drastic change after so happy about that.

Being patient for results

Had a couple of bad days last week with the left side looking different and definitely bigger than right - I'm worried it's not swelling and just an uneven finish but only time will tell and only patience will get me through time so trying not to obsess over looking at it!
Was also feeling so fat grumpy and frumpy and swollen.. Same weight as before on scales still etc living in baggy trousers not uplifting!

Well today I'm going to stop moaning haha! I have started taking arnica again and will avoid all chocolate after easter temptations
I tried my size 8 jeans on today just to see how fat I really am away from them... Erm they fitted! What is it with our head and eyes deceiving us? How do we imagine and see something so different?
I couldn't wear the jeans as to stiff and harsh against tender belly but was a boost and I'm glad I tried them on.

Skin around belly is feeling tender to touch but not painful. Scar looks fabulous ... I changed tapes last night... It really is a very best scar but I fear it hasn't yet begun to develop into the scar it will become if that makes sence... I'm keeping tapes on as they are comforting.

Going spanx shopping today! I've never owned any as they used to just push the fat out to different places! But I'm starting to find the binder irritating in the day so would like to try spanx instead...
I love those faja corset things they seem to wear in America but I don't think id tolerate wearing ESP as going to be getting hotter here soon!!!!

6 weeks post

All going really well ... Back to normal really though I'm still aware of the op when reaching, lifting, etc but it doesn't stop me doing things
Want to get back to yoga but I do kundalini which is quite intense so will wait till the next term

Scar great / still using micropore tape 24/7 I think it really helps keep scar flat and light?

Still ++ swelling on left side only noticeable when standing .... I'm still pre op weight but feel fat on that left side :-( I don't want revision ATM though.. I've stopped obsessing over it

Definitely worth the op - just looking forward to getting fit and toned now!

A reminder of before

I deleted all pics previous as so private didn't want left on so here is a before to compare

2 months on...

It's fabulous now and feeling good. I'm exactly same on scales as pre op and same clothes size but I definitely look better.... Mine was all skin too I had already dieted and exercised and lost as much fat as poss so PS did warn me not to expect drastic results on scales or clothes! Saying that my previous clothes in same size look better....

I have just started this June 30 day abs challenge and I've got myself a couple of horses to ride weekly couple of days so I'm very happy right now

30 day June abs challenge

Day three done.... Can feel where the abs are hiding !!!!

Day 6 of June abs challenge!

Feel flatter!?
I think coincidence that swelling has calmed drastically this past few days!

Shame re stretch marks but there was too many to ever go completely!
What do you think of that line above belly button- is that normal? X
Overall I'm very very happy I did this finally x