Invisalign Caused Me Nothing but Trouble - UK

I have the treatment to correct my spacing over...

I have the treatment to correct my spacing over bite 40 U 20 L, I did 10 and it failed.

Was sold this amazing product only to be bitterly disappointed. I did everything by the book and it failed, now I have been offered a discount and another practitioner to try it once again but im not sure yet. The discount is however making me reconsider trying again. If all things were the same I wouldn't have bothered, it is not that invisible really although better than a brace, lots of people dont notice it but im sure there are a load that do also but are to polite to say, its not something you would say if you seen someone wearing it, in fact I have noticed them on others since. Its like wearing a gum shield all day top and bottom and no matter how many times you brush or mouthwash it will harbour bacteria and it can stink bad sometimes, especially after a sleep. Its also hard to take in and out especially if you have attachments. It does make taking difficult and embarrassing at times, hard to say T's and F's and lisping is a regular thing.

The service in general I had was also very poor from the dentist and Invisalign. And I will also mention that as the main manufacturing/design process is in the states it takes forever to get anything done, your dentist is almost just like the middle man.

I realise there are high cost throughout the process with the technology etc plus dentists fees but I honestly think its way overpriced for working class people. They know people are are suffering with their apearience and confidence and they captilise on it. The process you have to go through to get to an end result is also not good for these people (like me) who are struggling with their confidence.

Not sure yet if I am going to give it another go yet, but I just wish there were other teeth alignment options available to me in my area. It does seem to be popular and available almost everywhere.

If its a short treatment its a no brainer but for something over 20 liners (40weeks) its going to be very tough and it a gamble its going to get there.

One last thing even after 40 liners there is always a chance they could also say, its going to take another 15 liners ( + or however many ).

I have been embarrassed big time by the whole process, I even had to keep wearing liners that were not fitting as I was told too. This review is only part of the story. I have been through the process once and I am no where near smiling. Do I try again with a discount not sure but my other option is do nothing about my teeth as there are no alternatives near me.

: (

oh i get it now sorry misunder stood. well i hope you the best of luck
well how long did you where each tray. i got told not to trade trays till my teeth fit perfectly, or i would have to start over.
2 weeks each tray 22-23 hours per day I think it was, but when they stopped fitting I was called back eventually for more impressions and another clincheck, then I was told that the first one I was shown was not achievable so something was obviously wrong. As time is going on now and I am waiting for my next appointment I am starting to think do I really want to put myself through it all again. The uncertainty of when it will actually get there and the time involved is really putting me off now (could be 2 years it may be even more, there are no guarantees I have been told), plus the cost of it all. I did feel very self conscious wearing the plastic trays on the teeth aswell, it is not pleasant and they are not as invisible as they make out (especially with attachments) and they do effect your speech. I really could do without it, perhaps I will wait for the next breakthrough in orthodontics like Invisalign was to train track braces, the way internet and technology moves these days it probably wont be long, and there certainly is a big market for it in these image conscious society times. I dont really have a physical problem its more of a self-conscious and cosmetic one but it is one that bothers me. Some days I think yes come on give it another go but the way I feel most of the time is I don’t think I will continue the treatment this time even with the cash discount incentive. As I have said before if it’s a light short treatment then Invisalign is probably a good system but for a long haul something different/better is needed. At the moment I am giving up on getting my ‘perfect smile’.

as explained cost me £3500