I am 38 years old. I have wanted to have a BR for...

I am 38 years old. I have wanted to have a BR for 18 years. I first waited until I have my kids. Then I wanted to loose all my baby weight. Just when I was ready to go for it my dad got diagnosed with cancer. A year after that he had a massive heart attack. Two years after that my mom was diagnosed breast cancer. It has been a hard 2 years but she is now doing fine. So now it's my turn to focus on my health now. I am a 34 GG and I will be going down to a D. The doctor did not recommend that I should go any smaller. Last time I was a D was in 7 th grade.

4 days to go

I can't believe I only have 4 days to go

Best Wishes to you! A lot of women including myself wished to have been blessed with big natural breasts. Lol I had to pay for mine! And even though I've been flat chested all my life I agree with u that 34 GG is way too big, are u having any back problems at all? Good luck to u and I'm sure you'll be more than happy once you're back down to a D cup.
Thank you very much. Yes I have been having neck, back and shoulder pain for years.
OMG! Oh yes, this will bring you great relief!... u are so welcome!

Almost here!

In 2 days I will head to the hospital to have my BR. I have to be honest, I am getting a little scared. I know that I want to do this but it is a big surgery. Trying to think positive happy thoughts right now.

Good luck! Let us know how it went! Can't wait to see more pictures!!!
Yes good luck to you gun. My big day is September 20 2013
Today is the day.. I am so nervous and excited all at the same time. Prayer is good and the Lord is on my side. Wish me luck everyone. Good luck to all whose time is near god bless and I will check on you later.. Smile!!

It's all over

I just had my surgery yesterday. I am doing ok.

I waited 20 years to get my referral I am a 38 H. I am 5 10" and they still look huge. I am waiting for my first consult date but am thankful for your honesty and allowing us on your journey. Best of luck on your continuing recovery.
I am 2 days post op and I am doing well. My surgeon did a great job and I did not have much bleeding or having to wear those tubes so I was so happy with that. I am just aching today. That's expected but all and all I am doing well. One thing I notice that my stomach looks and feel a little blotted. Has anyone notice this with their surgery?

Unhappy

Today I saw my new boob for the first time. My boobs look awful. He also had to take out more breast tissue than he was expecting. Now I am a C cup. Tomorrow I will go back to the doctor to have my drain tubes out.

New pics

You are very early in the healing process and your new boobs have a lot of healing and shaping up yet. Please do not be discouraged. Patience and time are your best friends right now. I think you will be just fine. Keep us posted.
Thank you.
I think they look good so far, Lone. Remember, it's your three day post op, and it will take a while for them to settle into shape and heal up. Keep us updated, and I hope the healing goes well!

Week1

I have survived the first week! It has been hard. I was surprised how emotional this week has been. I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS GETTING MYSELF INTO. For the first few days ever time I woke up I would think what have I done to myself. But I have been able to wrap my brain around it for now. On Tuesday when I went to have my drain tubes out I found out that he removed 3 pounds of breast tissue.

sorry I showed you 2 of the same thing

In a few weeks, it's going to change and your breasts will drop in a couple of months so it won't look the same and your incisions will disappear. I've seen some were the incisions were so bad but weeks and months later, they heal very nicely!! Just take care of yourself and don't work too hard to cause more stress on your breasts. In a few months, you'll see a big difference for the better!
It is tough right now but try and remember why you did this in the first place. You are not very far along and they look good, nice size and shape, you'll be over the moon when you've healed and just think no big saggy boobs in your future!. Thanks for your review.
Thank you. I am trying to tell myself that. This week I am trying to think positive.

Week 2

I have made it through 2 weeks. I am doing pretty well over all. I still have a lot of pain in my right breast. I have also notices that if I do too much( which is not much) I have swelling. I will have my stitches removed on Thursday. I am also having a little burning type of pain at some of the places along my incisions. A few spots are not healing as well.

Thank you for your encouragement!

Week 3

Week3

Yesterday I had my stitches removed. It feels great to get them out. I was not able to stand up strait with them in. I think I am healing very well. I am having problems with my breasts swelling now that I am trying to get back to my old routine. I think I am going to have to slow down a little bit so the swelling doesn't got out of control. I am also having pain in my right breast. They are not sure if this due to the swelling or if it is a nerve encapsulation. For now I am just going o wait a little longer and see what happens.

Yay!! You are healing so beautifully now!! Can't wait for more pictures!! Yeap, you are still fresh and not even a month post op so it may be due to swelling. That's what my doctor tells me cause my left is bigger than the right. I'm hoping mine goes down in a couple of months too.

4 weeks post op

It has been 1 month of healing. For the most part things are going well. My incisions are 98% healed. The scars have turned red and are somewhat painful. I still have one breast bigger than the other. My right breast also still has some pain in it. It is an all day type pain. That is getting old very fast . I just want to feel like myself again. I still do not have a lot of energy. Also I have these triangle pieces of flesh poking out under my armpits on both side. They are very sensitive.

Hi Lone, you are healing very nicely. I glad to hear your spirits are up. Take it easy.
Yes things are looking up.
I hope you will continue to feel better. Everyone says that they love their reduction and it is the best thing they ever did. Take care and best wishes

Week 5

It just got my bill for my surgery and much to my surprise the entire bill was only $811. Wow I just cant believe it. I have now made through 5 week. Much of the swelling has gone down in my right breast. There is a big difference in the size between the two breasts. I am not really liking the way they look with the swelling going down. They are very flat and wide. i tried to fine a bra that would fit me and no luck. I will try to get fitted professionally as soon as my left breast goes down a bit more in size.

You are looking really good now! Especially your scars! My breasts are losing it's perkiness too. LOL. But I rather have these new ones then the last one I had. =0) My bills had also came in too. Not all of them are here yet so far the Anesthesiologist's bill came and it was over 4K and I have to pay over $750.00. I'm not happy about that. I've already paid $1,800.00 to my PS. And I thought the anesthesia was part of my surgery. I'm going to contact my PS's office tomorrow about it. I'm so glad you only had to pay $811!!
It might be not very helpful, but I have to pay 7500 out of pocket because almost no insurance will pay here. Soon, lucky you! :)
Yes I would rather have flat boobs then have them hanging down to my waist. I even went out yesterday without a bra. I wore a stretchy cami and a cardigan. I have NEVER done that before. The reason I had to pay so little was that my family has already met the deductible for the year. Plus I has my surgery at UCSF and they bill for everything at once because everyone that works there is on staff. I told my kids that they are lucky, they still get Christmas. :)

Football?

Has anyone else had there boobs turn into football shape?

Hi Lone27, congrats on your new girls. I'm 3 months post surgery and I still get tired so take it easy. I have had the football shape, the cone shape, a teardrop shape and now they kind of look similar to each other in a sort of teardrop. Those pointy parts under your arm are from where the drain was and the will be sensitive for a little while longer but will go away. It's worth getting fitted professionally because I couldn't find a single bra that sat nicely on me and it left me depressed that I did this and I can't find pretty bras. (I was wearing maternity bras until a week ago). I hope you keep getting better and stronger each day. You look amazing!

6 weeks

I am happy that I had my BR. I am just not happy with the way they look. I have my next appt with my ps for January. He told me that I will need to have revision surgery. My husband blew up on me this week. Then he shared with me that he is not happy with my surgery. He is really pissed how they turned out. I think he is more upset than me. I am trying not to focus on all that stuff. What I try to remember is all the women ( including my mother) that have had to have mastectomies and will never look normal. That always puts my complaints in prospective.

Hello Lone27 we are twin breasties! We both had our reductions on the same day :) I'm sorry to hear you were unhappy with your results just like me, maybe we chose a bad day for a br. I'm sorry your husband got so upset with your results. I haven't shown my husband yet, I have no idea how he will react. I hope he will be supportive. The only thing I can think of is I just keep telling myself they are a work in progress. I think those triangles on the sides of your breast are called dog ears. At least that's what other lady's have been calling them. I know exactly how you feel with them being flat and wide and not fitting properly in bra's. And my right breast is bigger then my left one, so I know how that feels too. I'm sure the dog ears can be cut off and you cant get lipo to even out the side of your breast to make them fit in bras better. I hope your PS gives you a great revision with great results at little to no cost to you. They usually cant do a revision until your 6months to a year post op. I saw how huge your breast were before. I know it must feel so much better to get them down to a smaller size. Even though mine aren't as pretty with my clothes off, I'm so much happier the way they look with my clothes on. We just need to be more patient about our end result. I wish it would have come with just one surgery, but at least we were lucky enough to keep our nipples, some women on this site weren't as lucky as us :( I'm sorry to hear about your mother and father, I hope your family can be well and happy for the holidays. I hope your revision turns out beautifully, and that you and your husband are happy with your final results :)
I can believe that we had our surgeries on the same day. I hope that your doctors appt goes well. Also that you get the answers that you need.
I had to have revision surgery also. The first time was just as uncomfortable as the revision. I had a mass in my right breast and my scars under my boobs were like ropes. None of my dissolvable stitches dissolved and my drain holes were big and indented. My husband was more worried that I had to have surgery twice. I truly like my end results. My boobs are small and they are about the same size. Anything is better than my former boobs. I wish you the best and I hope you and your husband grow to love your new boobs.

Week 8

I can't believe that it has been 8 weeks. It feels like in some ways like 4 months. So much has happend in that short amount of time. I am having a lot less pain in my breasts. My scars are still very sensitive, and very red. I now am happy that I have had my surgery. I still don't like the way my breasts look but I have decided to deal with all that after the holidays. I am putting my boobs on hold right now. I have my daughters birthday, thanksgiving, i have to put on my Christmas party for my employees and have Christmas for my kids. I really don't have time to worry about me right now. All this has to happen wether I like my boobs or not. My kids just want there mommy happy and my little nephew just wants to be able to give his auntie a hug. So until January it will be about others then we will revisit all my cosmetic problems( and I have a lot)

8weeks

Hi, I'm sorry you don't like your new look but I have to say I think they look wonderful! I hope your are doing well :)
Thank you.
I agree with everything you said and could not have put it any better. I know mine are not perfect, but at least I'm not embarrassed about my previously massive chest anymore. I feel so much better in every way. Lone27, wishing you best in the future,

3 months

Today is my 3 month mark. In some ways it seems like it has been 6 months. I am back to normal. I wish I could say that I am back to exersising on a regular basis. I have tried but with Christmas and life I have not. I still have numbness in both breasts. Right one is worse then the right. I have feeling in my nipples. I have pain from my scars. Nothing that I can't live with. My breasts are still 2 different sizes. One is a C and one is a D. I still have a hard time finding bras that fit. My breasts are wide but not full. So they don't fill the cup. I only have one that kinda fits. But I am dealing with that and moving on. I also have the side boob problem. I think I will have lipo to deal with that. I will see my PS on 1/16/14. I hope he will be able to answer questions on where to go from here. He will also discuss the dog ear and some scar revision. I have had a few funny things happen. First sitting in a booth when you go out to eat is so different. I have so much room. Also I was eating and I had sauce drop in my lap. That was a first. It didn't fall on my boobs. Also the seat belt keeps riding up and hitting me under my chin. I don't have enough boobs to hold it in place. I ran after our dog and my boobs did not hit me in the face. I bought a size medium coat for the winter. I don't like the way my boobs look but love not having huge boobs.

In my experience, men tend to overreact when we women are strong and confident. If you freaked out and came unglued, he would probably be more supportive and tell you how beautiful you look. It takes time to acclimate to changes. You are doing great!!
Thank you. My husband is very use to me taking care of everything all the time. We own our own company and he travels a lot. So I guess this was all very overwhelming for him. He is coming around. Also I am coming around to the new me too. Thank you The time.
Mine is the same way. Teaching him to communicate was a long and arduous process but to know that he is motivated by concern is comforting. Happy healing

4 months

It has been 4 months and I am doing everything. I have started doing weights about 3 1/2 weeks ago. At first doing anything with my chest felt like the muscle was being ripped off my strum. But 3 week later and it feels fine. When I do push-ups my chest does not touch the ground: ) I love the ability to work out so much better with out big boobs. Wow what a difference. In California we have hit a hot spell and it has been 70 degrees in January so I have been spring cleaning. I have a king bed and i was cleaning under the bed. i was trying to get something in the middle and I can now just slide under and get it. I use to get a broom to retrieve things but not anymore. So as you can see that life is just moving along in most ways. But Last week I went to see my PS and told him that I am unhappy with the way my boobs look. One boob is a full cup larger, I have dog ears, side boobs and painful side scar. He told me that I will have to go back in for another surgery to fix all my problems. I know that I need to have the surgery but part of me just doesn't want to have another surgery. On Friday I sat down and cried. But then made myself get up and move forward. I am now waiting to hear back from the insurance if they will approve of a revision surgery. I have worries about trying to make my boobs my even in size that they will just keep hacking until i have nothing. kind of like when you are a little girl and you cut your own banged. you just keep cutting to try to get them straight. Before you know it them are 1/2 long. That is what I am scared of. My husband does not care either way. He wants me to do what ever I have to do to be happy with myself. So now I have to sit back and wait. I also have to decide when to have another surgery. We wanted to go on vacation the first week of June. I don't want all of this to keep affecting my family.

Typo

Bangs not banged

I'm also sad that I didn't ask for lipo for side boob prevention. I know my insurance would have covered it in the same operation. :( Now I think it is to late but I will ask anyway. Maybe my PS will do it.
Hi! I can certainly understand your concerns over the revision. I am going to have a revision and I keep wondering how my PS is going to fix things. I too have one side fuller on the bottom like you have. My incisions that need to be fixed are at the cleavages. It concerns me that she may make my incisions even longer (higher). I don't see anyone on RS that has the incisions going as high as mine. If you look at my pics I have pointed angles. She said she will fix that and also take off the extra fullness on the right breast ( the bottom)....I think in your pic you called that your "boot"? Did your PS say if it would be in office surgery or would you have to go under? My PS did not say, I will be seeing her this Monday and I'm going to ask. She did say that the recovery would not be near as bad. So that's a positive, I think that would be the same for you too. Which ever you decide to do you have to do what gives you peace about it. But you do look very good with your smaller breasts and all the benefits that go with that. I wish you well and sending hugs your way!!
Boot is a typo. It is suppose to say boob. My PS said that it will have to be done in the OR. I have decide to go ahead and just do it so that I can move forward. I am hoping to only be down for 1 week. When will you be having your surgery?

5 months

It has been a little over 5 months since I have had my BR surgery. I have been approved for my revision surgery and I will have it done on March 17th. My life has been so busy that I didn't realize how quick that is coming up. I have been sick for the last 2 weeks. I also started a bathroom remodel a month ago. I hope it will be done before the surgery. I feel like it is taking forever. I did all the demo myself. i took it all the way back to the studs. we had some mold in the drywall. i think that is why i got sick. My husband has been working out of town. So I have been on my own with the kiddos. On top of all that my office manager quit and had to fine a new one . I had 55 people apply. So for the last month I have really not thought about my surgery or my boobs at all unless they hurt.

Good luck with the revision. Good luck with your bathroom. I am renovating too - everything always takes longer than expected and dust flying everywhere.
Thank you, I am starting to realize that.
Hi lone! I'm so happy you are getting to have the revision. Wow, and soon too! :) Is your PS going to do lipo? Just wondering if I could request that if my revision gets approved. Like you I am a cup size difference, side boobs really bother me too. I think I have a bit of dog ears on the sides too. Did your PS give any details on the recovery time?? I'm very happy for you. Sorry to hear you've been dealing with lots of issues. Hopefully it will all work out soon. At least it's kept your mind off the surgery.

6 months

Wednesday it will be 6 months. I am having revision surgery tomorrow at 12:30. I have to check in at 10:30. We live about 2 hours away. We will be heading out at 7:30. We are giving ourself an extra hour because of traffic. Part of me does not want to go back under the knife. I am a little scared that I still will not be happy with them after the surgery.

Bathroom

My bathroom is still not done but very close.

Good luck on your surgery
Thanks
Thinking good thoughts and wishing you a safe and successful surgery today. HUGS :-DSuzy

It's done

Nothing went as planned yesterday. My surgery got bumped to 2 pm. A lot of waiting. Then I am allergic to latex and they set up my room with latex in it. So they had to clean my room all over again. And reset it up with new everything. Then I was already to have my surgery start. I was strapped to the table and everything. Then the surgeon walked in and wanted to do his markings with me sitting up. So the had to disconnect everything. Then my surgery took 2 hours instead of 1. I started off my day at 7:30 am and did not get back home until 8:30pm. All that said... I am feeling ok with only pain under my arms.

Think the revision did the trick...lookin good lady. Hope you're happy. Speedy healing vibes comin at ya. HUGS :-DSuzy
Thank you. I am quite pleased with how they look.
You look really great. I looked almost the same after my revision surgery and my underarm incision lines were very sore. It looks like you have glue on your incisions, I did too . It took almost 2 weeks for all of it to come off. I was uncomfortable but not in a lot of pain. I wish you well, you are off to a great start.

3 days post op

Today I decided to come off my pain meds. My husband has to leave tomorrow. He will be gone 7 days. I want to be able to take care of my kids. I will be honest that is surgery was a little more painful than I thought it would be. Also my scars go almost all the way to my back.

Comparison pics

I was wondering when you slept on your side again, or did you have to sleep on your back awhile? Of course I am only 4 days post revision so I am on my back. Kind of nice at first, but it gets old quick :)
Guess what....I slept on my side the past 2 nights. I wonder if you would be able to sleep on your left side? It was the right side that was bigger,right...and removed more tissue? I was surprised, but it was not uncomfortable at all.
Tried tonight, actually doesn't hurt the left, but pulls on the right and hurts. So no, I'll just put up with being on my back a bit. I'm actually gets zings too.

2 1/2 month

It has been 2 1/2 months since I had my revision surgery. I am 100% back to normal. It took me about 4 weeks to get back to normal. I ended up having about 1 pound removed durning my second surgery. I have had a total of 4 1/2 pounds of breast removed total. 3 weeks ago I started swimming. It has been somewhat painful. I have a lot of scar tissue built up. After about a half hour I feel like my muscles are being ripped of my sternum. I know that I have to just keep going. It is a freeing feeling to swim with out big boobs. I have also started back on weights and even push-ups. I realize how weak I have become over the last 8 months. But I am determined to get my strength back. I know I just have to have patience . I am sorry that I have not updated. Life has been crazy. I feel that I have not even had time to breath. Up until last week my husband has been working in NV. I have had to run the business and take care of the kids and plan my moms 60th birthday bash. All of that is now over and we are getting ready to go on vacation. ( much needed vacation) We are going on a cruise. I can't wait to wear all kinds of clothes that I have never been able to wear before. I am very happy with my revision but my breast still have issues. They will never be perfect. I have decided that for now they are ok. My scars are once again pretty bad. But at least they don't hurt like before.

Glad to hear you are doing well and I think you are looking wonderful!
Thank you. I hope your recovery is going well.
I just wrote you a book and of course I was not signed in!!! Ugggg. So, starting again....basically I wanted you to know you look great! And no one has "perfect" boobs. You've gone thru a lot and you should be proud of your results. I've been watching your progress since I'm right behind you. I've started sleeping on my side part of the night. I still have some aches and burns if I stretch or twist to much. But doing pretty well. I can't wait to swim again. When did you get the green light to do exercise and swimming? I'm going g to Fl I'm two weeks, can't wait to get int the pool and do the beach. I got a new suit, and really like the more natural shape I see now. I'm glad you are getting to do my cruise.. Sounds like you have had a busy time. It'll be wonderful for you. I hope you really enjoy it! Xxx xxx
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sbitany really care about woman. He wants them to feel normal. He mostly does breast reconstruction for cancer patients.