My Long Wait is Almost Over! - San Francisco, CA

I am 38 years old. I have wanted to have a BR for...

I am 38 years old. I have wanted to have a BR for 18 years. I first waited until I have my kids. Then I wanted to loose all my baby weight. Just when I was ready to go for it my dad got diagnosed with cancer. A year after that he had a massive heart attack. Two years after that my mom was diagnosed breast cancer. It has been a hard 2 years but she is now doing fine. So now it's my turn to focus on my health now. I am a 34 GG and I will be going down to a D. The doctor did not recommend that I should go any smaller. Last time I was a D was in 7 th grade.

4 days to go

I can't believe I only have 4 days to go

Almost here!

In 2 days I will head to the hospital to have my BR. I have to be honest, I am getting a little scared. I know that I want to do this but it is a big surgery. Trying to think positive happy thoughts right now.

It's all over

I just had my surgery yesterday. I am doing ok.

Unhappy

Today I saw my new boob for the first time. My boobs look awful. He also had to take out more breast tissue than he was expecting. Now I am a C cup. Tomorrow I will go back to the doctor to have my drain tubes out.

New pics

Week1

I have survived the first week! It has been hard. I was surprised how emotional this week has been. I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS GETTING MYSELF INTO. For the first few days ever time I woke up I would think what have I done to myself. But I have been able to wrap my brain around it for now. On Tuesday when I went to have my drain tubes out I found out that he removed 3 pounds of breast tissue.

sorry I showed you 2 of the same thing

Week 2

I have made it through 2 weeks. I am doing pretty well over all. I still have a lot of pain in my right breast. I have also notices that if I do too much( which is not much) I have swelling. I will have my stitches removed on Thursday. I am also having a little burning type of pain at some of the places along my incisions. A few spots are not healing as well.

Week 3

Week3

Yesterday I had my stitches removed. It feels great to get them out. I was not able to stand up strait with them in. I think I am healing very well. I am having problems with my breasts swelling now that I am trying to get back to my old routine. I think I am going to have to slow down a little bit so the swelling doesn't got out of control. I am also having pain in my right breast. They are not sure if this due to the swelling or if it is a nerve encapsulation. For now I am just going o wait a little longer and see what happens.

4 weeks post op

It has been 1 month of healing. For the most part things are going well. My incisions are 98% healed. The scars have turned red and are somewhat painful. I still have one breast bigger than the other. My right breast also still has some pain in it. It is an all day type pain. That is getting old very fast . I just want to feel like myself again. I still do not have a lot of energy. Also I have these triangle pieces of flesh poking out under my armpits on both side. They are very sensitive.

Week 5

It just got my bill for my surgery and much to my surprise the entire bill was only $811. Wow I just cant believe it. I have now made through 5 week. Much of the swelling has gone down in my right breast. There is a big difference in the size between the two breasts. I am not really liking the way they look with the swelling going down. They are very flat and wide. i tried to fine a bra that would fit me and no luck. I will try to get fitted professionally as soon as my left breast goes down a bit more in size.

Football?

Has anyone else had there boobs turn into football shape?

6 weeks

I am happy that I had my BR. I am just not happy with the way they look. I have my next appt with my ps for January. He told me that I will need to have revision surgery. My husband blew up on me this week. Then he shared with me that he is not happy with my surgery. He is really pissed how they turned out. I think he is more upset than me. I am trying not to focus on all that stuff. What I try to remember is all the women ( including my mother) that have had to have mastectomies and will never look normal. That always puts my complaints in prospective.

Week 8

I can't believe that it has been 8 weeks. It feels like in some ways like 4 months. So much has happend in that short amount of time. I am having a lot less pain in my breasts. My scars are still very sensitive, and very red. I now am happy that I have had my surgery. I still don't like the way my breasts look but I have decided to deal with all that after the holidays. I am putting my boobs on hold right now. I have my daughters birthday, thanksgiving, i have to put on my Christmas party for my employees and have Christmas for my kids. I really don't have time to worry about me right now. All this has to happen wether I like my boobs or not. My kids just want there mommy happy and my little nephew just wants to be able to give his auntie a hug. So until January it will be about others then we will revisit all my cosmetic problems( and I have a lot)

8weeks

3 months

Today is my 3 month mark. In some ways it seems like it has been 6 months. I am back to normal. I wish I could say that I am back to exersising on a regular basis. I have tried but with Christmas and life I have not. I still have numbness in both breasts. Right one is worse then the right. I have feeling in my nipples. I have pain from my scars. Nothing that I can't live with. My breasts are still 2 different sizes. One is a C and one is a D. I still have a hard time finding bras that fit. My breasts are wide but not full. So they don't fill the cup. I only have one that kinda fits. But I am dealing with that and moving on. I also have the side boob problem. I think I will have lipo to deal with that. I will see my PS on 1/16/14. I hope he will be able to answer questions on where to go from here. He will also discuss the dog ear and some scar revision. I have had a few funny things happen. First sitting in a booth when you go out to eat is so different. I have so much room. Also I was eating and I had sauce drop in my lap. That was a first. It didn't fall on my boobs. Also the seat belt keeps riding up and hitting me under my chin. I don't have enough boobs to hold it in place. I ran after our dog and my boobs did not hit me in the face. I bought a size medium coat for the winter. I don't like the way my boobs look but love not having huge boobs.

4 months

It has been 4 months and I am doing everything. I have started doing weights about 3 1/2 weeks ago. At first doing anything with my chest felt like the muscle was being ripped off my strum. But 3 week later and it feels fine. When I do push-ups my chest does not touch the ground: ) I love the ability to work out so much better with out big boobs. Wow what a difference. In California we have hit a hot spell and it has been 70 degrees in January so I have been spring cleaning. I have a king bed and i was cleaning under the bed. i was trying to get something in the middle and I can now just slide under and get it. I use to get a broom to retrieve things but not anymore. So as you can see that life is just moving along in most ways. But Last week I went to see my PS and told him that I am unhappy with the way my boobs look. One boob is a full cup larger, I have dog ears, side boobs and painful side scar. He told me that I will have to go back in for another surgery to fix all my problems. I know that I need to have the surgery but part of me just doesn't want to have another surgery. On Friday I sat down and cried. But then made myself get up and move forward. I am now waiting to hear back from the insurance if they will approve of a revision surgery. I have worries about trying to make my boobs my even in size that they will just keep hacking until i have nothing. kind of like when you are a little girl and you cut your own banged. you just keep cutting to try to get them straight. Before you know it them are 1/2 long. That is what I am scared of. My husband does not care either way. He wants me to do what ever I have to do to be happy with myself. So now I have to sit back and wait. I also have to decide when to have another surgery. We wanted to go on vacation the first week of June. I don't want all of this to keep affecting my family.

Typo

Bangs not banged

5 months

It has been a little over 5 months since I have had my BR surgery. I have been approved for my revision surgery and I will have it done on March 17th. My life has been so busy that I didn't realize how quick that is coming up. I have been sick for the last 2 weeks. I also started a bathroom remodel a month ago. I hope it will be done before the surgery. I feel like it is taking forever. I did all the demo myself. i took it all the way back to the studs. we had some mold in the drywall. i think that is why i got sick. My husband has been working out of town. So I have been on my own with the kiddos. On top of all that my office manager quit and had to fine a new one . I had 55 people apply. So for the last month I have really not thought about my surgery or my boobs at all unless they hurt.

6 months

Wednesday it will be 6 months. I am having revision surgery tomorrow at 12:30. I have to check in at 10:30. We live about 2 hours away. We will be heading out at 7:30. We are giving ourself an extra hour because of traffic. Part of me does not want to go back under the knife. I am a little scared that I still will not be happy with them after the surgery.

Bathroom

My bathroom is still not done but very close.

It's done

Nothing went as planned yesterday. My surgery got bumped to 2 pm. A lot of waiting. Then I am allergic to latex and they set up my room with latex in it. So they had to clean my room all over again. And reset it up with new everything. Then I was already to have my surgery start. I was strapped to the table and everything. Then the surgeon walked in and wanted to do his markings with me sitting up. So the had to disconnect everything. Then my surgery took 2 hours instead of 1. I started off my day at 7:30 am and did not get back home until 8:30pm. All that said... I am feeling ok with only pain under my arms.

3 days post op

Today I decided to come off my pain meds. My husband has to leave tomorrow. He will be gone 7 days. I want to be able to take care of my kids. I will be honest that is surgery was a little more painful than I thought it would be. Also my scars go almost all the way to my back.

Comparison pics

2 1/2 month

It has been 2 1/2 months since I had my revision surgery. I am 100% back to normal. It took me about 4 weeks to get back to normal. I ended up having about 1 pound removed durning my second surgery. I have had a total of 4 1/2 pounds of breast removed total. 3 weeks ago I started swimming. It has been somewhat painful. I have a lot of scar tissue built up. After about a half hour I feel like my muscles are being ripped of my sternum. I know that I have to just keep going. It is a freeing feeling to swim with out big boobs. I have also started back on weights and even push-ups. I realize how weak I have become over the last 8 months. But I am determined to get my strength back. I know I just have to have patience . I am sorry that I have not updated. Life has been crazy. I feel that I have not even had time to breath. Up until last week my husband has been working in NV. I have had to run the business and take care of the kids and plan my moms 60th birthday bash. All of that is now over and we are getting ready to go on vacation. ( much needed vacation) We are going on a cruise. I can't wait to wear all kinds of clothes that I have never been able to wear before. I am very happy with my revision but my breast still have issues. They will never be perfect. I have decided that for now they are ok. My scars are once again pretty bad. But at least they don't hurt like before.
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sbitany really care about woman. He wants them to feel normal. He mostly does breast reconstruction for cancer patients.