I've Always Said...and I'll Try to Be Short - Tuscaloosa, AL

Discalimer* I'm not sure exactly what my cost is...

Discalimer* I'm not sure exactly what my cost is as insurance and my father is taking responsibility for the bill.

I was blessed (by men's definition) with this curse (my definition) of this large weight on my chest. Ever since I was little, I remember having them. Actually, a lot of my friends say I skipped the butt line when I was being formed in my mom's tummy and went through the breast line. A lot. Like, 5 times a lot.

I developed early in 6th grade and had been wearing 38DD's I believe in middle school, and during high school I was lucky to find a DDD. However, my fiance's mother was ever so nice to take me bra shopping which is an adeventure in itself when one has never actually been properly fitted. Turns out now, at age 22, I can sport a 40H....ugh.

But, I never thought I'd get approved and I always hated the idea of going through the 6 month trail of P.T., chiropractics, weight loss, yada yada. Cause big boobs and cancer unfortunately run in my family on my mother's side (which she was so blessed to miss that gene and give it to my sister and I - The big boobs to clarify). But my mother decided after all the years (since I was about 13) of me saying when I can afford one, I'm getting a reduction, she called a PS.

Went very well, actually, and took about an hour to talk to him, let him assess the weight I was carrying and the grooving I have with other factors (turns out he said I have the beginings of kyphosis and scoliosis if I remember correctly) and they sent the paper work off for review. Met with a chiropractor for XRAYS and had half a nerve conduction test (was no way they were sticking that long needle in my arm) And, me being Murphy's Law all these years, thought they'd say 'You need this and this, etc...'

But it only took the average 6 weeks to get an answer of YES!! I literally hopped up and down at work hooting and hollaring with my coworker laughing at me. Oh, that made Monday's okay in my book.

So, now all I'm doing is waiting for my surgery and looking at this website and others about reviews and B/A photos, and also getting nervous because I hate needles, and the idea of being operated on. But I keep reminding myself that my friend had a double lung transplant and that's 10 times worse than what I'm OPTING to do. If she can have that kind of surgery, I can have an IV and my surgery. :) Will keep you guys updated and try to post pictures as well (possibly if I work up the nerve to do toploss). Thanks for letting me rant!

Congrats!!! I am an H too. Looking forward to wearing normal clothes!

Free Nipple Graft

So I haven't really thought about it too much lately until tonight.

I'm getting an FNG and is it like a skin graft? Where they shave off a section of my skin to adhere to nipple back onto? Or is it just cut the nipple off, put on moist sponge of saline then put it ontop of new area WITHOUT shaving off a section of skin to use? O.o just curious as j haven't asked my doctor... Which I probably should. Lol.

A FNG is when the nipple is completely cut from the breast and re-sewn back higher on the breast. Im not sure about anywhere else but in Australia it is more common now days to have surgery with the nipple still attached to heighten the chances of them staying healthy and alive. FNG's are used in most large BR cases but if you still don't understand the concept think of it a little like an eyeball. If your eyeball popped out it is still attached by the cord of nerves (or whatever connects) and your nipple works the same with veins for blood flow and milk ducts to the tip of the nipple. If you can request the surgery with the ducts still attached you may still be able to breastfeed after pregnancy and it helps with peace of mind also if you are worried about one of the nipples possibly dying. I hope that helped and didn't scare you the surgery comes with risks but you don't know what options you have til you ask so discuss it with your PS if you know what you would prefer. Also i was a 32i and still did not require a FNG! Goodluck with everything. X
That better explains it and puts my mind at ease. :) I was watching a medical episode where a guy had a skin graft and my brain associated that with my surgery lol. I'm also thinking of asking him about another option. Only reason he suggested a FNG ( which he said for my age he normally wouldn't ) is because of my breast size and he could get more off my chest.
Its doctors personal methods i suppose and at the end of the regardless of how he carries out his profession this is about you and you can be as selfish as you want in what you want and sure one doctor may have limits about what he is comfortable with taking but if your unsure that you will be happy with this then get a few more opinions :) its a great time to practice our confidence in being strong independent women. I hope you've found out some new information that helps you better understand from this site its a godsend and be strong :) you can never get something you want if you dont ask ;) Goodluck please keep us posted and feel free to read my review if it gives you alittle insite into things you can request during your surgery experience.

OMG

This has been totally worth it so far! I looked down and the first thing I saw was my tummy. >.> haven't seen that in a while. I believe the doctor said he removed 9 pounds. 9. POUNDS! That's like having a baby that's baked an extra week lol.

All in all I think I'm okay. I have staples instead of stitches which look pretty gnarly. My drains have been in since 28 (Friday) and its now the 1st of July... Already slowed draining to below 15ml and a mixture of clear with red tinge. A little yellow at times but not a lot. Mostly discomfort from tightness and drain openings. Oh and my nipples are stapled too... Really gnarly. AND I HAVE ZINGS THERE, TOO! O_O anyways. Thought I'd update. :)

Congratulations hope you can post some pictures to show people what they can expect with staples and bigger breast reductions :) i hope your feeling well and boy arnt those drains sore and gross feeling! I hated mine for the time i had them. Happy healing!
Yeah. I'm definitely hating on mine lol. I'll try to get pictures posted of what everything looks like at some point. :) fiancé took pictures of how big I am in a shirt... Starting to think I'm flat chested now lol.
I think foat cheated is wonderful ^_^ im sure youve got some mini lady lumps which still make you look feminine but now you wont feel so unproud of standing straight because you wont feel like you look like your putting your big ladies put there for all to see! I hunch alot less now :) Happy healing! X

Drains and Questions

So, the drains are rather annoying and I've called about scheduling my follow up... But they want the drainage to be a teaspoon size...
Or 5ml. Whatever you wanna call it... Within an 8 hour active period. Okay, no problem.

But I'm thinking my drains get clogged with clots at the blue parts where it connects to tubing. And I'm kind of concerned that if it is, how do I unclog it? Cause I don't want to get false hope of reaching 5ml drainage then be told its no good cause drains are clogged. -_- ugh.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Boobs and Bras

So my fiancé took pictures day of surgery. Unfortunately we didn't do nude up tops lol. Sorry peeps. But I hope as soon as I can wear T's, I can put on the same shirt for a good comparison. :)

I am 23 and support a full 40K. I would love to see your post op pictures. Just to get an idea of what I should expect
Dr. Luis Pernia