3 Years After Tummy Tuck my Stomach Looks Bigger Than Before

I just wanted to get rid of my stomach. My weight...

I just wanted to get rid of my stomach. My weight was 120, I gained 4 pounds in 3 years but I look like I never had a tummy tuck done. It looks even bigger then before.

I had a tummy tuck 3 years ago. My weight was 120 now my weight is 124, but its all back in my stomach. I look 9 months pregnant. Should I have another tummy tuck or what? please help

Worried one. I had a tummy tuck 6 years ago and after i eat, have a period, almost anything that goes on in life.. I look pregnant. I weight about 122, im 5ft. I'm a small frame. Since I've had my TT, I'm still subconscious. I never wear a to piece and my stomach hurts a lot of the time. Not extreem pain, uncomfortable i would say. Help!!
I had lipo and a tummy tuck in November 2011. When. Came home my belly was flat. After two months I see some bulging in my upper stomach. It doesn't feel swollen. I'm afraid that after 1 year I will still look 4 months pregnant?
Hi... Just as an update... I had the Tummy Tuck surgery done twice two years in a row. It has been two years since my last TT. It turns out that the 1st surgery seemed fine & in the 2nd he just went crazy doing major layers of stiching. In the end.. I look much better then before the 1st surgery however if I loose 5-8 pounds my stomach is completely flat. But being the weight I am 128 (5' 2) I have a stomach but I can suck it in. But, I look so much better and don't have to suck it in at all at 118. In your case, give in more time. At 6 months talk to your doctor. They wont due anything until you are a year from your surgery date anyway. Swelling can take forever to go down..... Our bodies hold onto all kinds of crap from the surgery, its weird....
Hello Ms. needing advise
From your description it sounds that your plastic surgeeon is right.
You mentioned that you are overweight, and can not suck-in your stomach, that is because it is tight from the surgery and the fat around the organs is confined into a smaller space, so it bulges in weak areas of the abdominal wall.
Try loosing weight and you will see the difference.
Hello Ms. stay young.
With your weight and height I do not believe you will have fat around your organs to account for the buge in the abdomen. This would be true in overweight or obese patients.
It is possible that the muscle repair did not hold. Ths can be confirmed by physical exam.
In general causes of the abdomen after abdominoplastycould be due to inadequate repair of the muscles, or dehescence of the repair. accumolation of fluid, seroma, fat under the skin, abd fat inside the abdomen mainly seen in overweight patients. large fibroids can also cause a bulge in the lower abdomen.
All these can be investigated and a conclusion be obtained very simply by phsical exam and sonogram.
Hi Dr. Shureih and fellow patients of Tummy Tuck surgery, I have a question, I had a tummy tuck over 3 years ago and my lower abdomen is sticking out, like I have a pouch, before the tummy tuck I was able to suck in my stomach, do I need additional surgery? My husband does not like my abdomen, it feels hard and my plastic surgeon said that it is the underlying fat that is pushing out my intestine, could that be right, because it was not pushed out before, and I even lost weight after the surgery. Truthfully I was and am overweight, but I don't see why I should have this pouch sticking out. Any Advice is greatly appreciated.

BG
Hi please send the pictures and I will take a look and see if I can be of help
Thank you so much.. I am going try and get your direct e-mail address off your website because responding like this does not give me the oppourtunity to attach a picture. But, here is a link to a question I posted. Which this is me now at 7 1/2 months after surgery. I had a TT/BA/ and lipo on inner and outer thigh in May 09. Before surgery I was 132pds @ 5'2 now I am 128pds. I don't eat perfect but I work out atleast 3-5 days a week depending on my kids. I have 2 kids via c-section in 04 & 07. Both babies just under 5 pds and I only gained 20 or so pounds with each. I have had no other pregnancy and no femal issues. I also have never had another surgery other than my c-sections. I do not smoke, nor do I take any meds on a regular basis. http://www.realself.com/question/check-tummy-tuck-stitches Please look for my direct e-mail to you or your office. I am assuming I can find your e-mail address on your website. Thank you so much for looking at my case.
I am just wondering if these surgeons did any ab repair along with the tummy tuck. I was 96 lbs when I got pregnant and then had c-section with a 9.6 lb baby. I could not hold my stomach in as he ruined the muscle. Now after tuck and ab repair my tummy is flat and hard-about 6 years now.
Hi.. I do not have any advice for you, but I am interested in your situation. I had a TT/BA in May 09 (7 1/2 months ago) and I still have a prego look. I only weighed 132 at 5'2 when I started. I looked for me 6 months prego then, but now I still look 4-5 months prego. I also only lost 4 pounds during the surgery process. I just had another check up today and he says that I am not fat, but that I have underlying fat around organs, which is pushing my stomach out. He says that I can't do lipo, because lipo is just for fat under the skin, not fat under the mussel. So... I am stuck right now too. Go under the knife to check stiches or go to the gym more than the 4-5 days I am already going. Pleas keep in touch and let me know if anyone gives you any great answers. Good luck and Thanks.
Only by exam one can tell if you need a tummy tuck. what is the condition of the muscles? How much fat there is under the skin? What is the size of the uterus any fibroids? Then one can decide the best plan of action
Hi.. I am hoping that you might have some advice for me. I have pics of before and after if this helps. I had a TT/BA with inner/outer thigh lipo in May 09 (7 1/2 months ago) and I still have a prego look. I only weighed 132 at 5'2 when I started (my heaviest after two kids). I looked 6 months prego then, but now I still look 4-5 months prego. I also only lost 4 pounds during the surgery process. I just had another check up today and he says that I am not fat, but that I have underlying fat around organs, which is pushing my stomach out. He says that I can't do lipo, because lipo is just for fat under the skin, not fat under the mussel. So... I am stuck right? He says my options are: Go under the knife to check stiches or go to the gym more than the 4-5 days I am already going. I don't eat perfect, but I dont have a problem going to the gym. I interviewed 12 Dr's before choosing one and everyone of them said I could expect a flat stomach, since I had good elasticity and I was not over weight. Is there anyway I can confirm stiches without surgery? I can't believe I went through so much grief and money, not to be satisfied. Any advice? Thank you.