Starting to Feel Nervous About Results...

I had abdominoplasty, breast lift, and breast...

I had abdominoplasty, breast lift, and breast augmentation surgery about two months ago, and although I'm basically happy with the lift/augmentation, I am getting more nervous and upset as each day passes when it comes to the tummy tuck. First of all, my surgeon completely downplayed the recovery - you will be basically unable to move for 3 or 4 days afterwards because your abs will be in such pain. Getting up from bed and getting into bed are excrutiating! Next, the drains are icky (for lack of a better word), uncomfortable, and very difficult to dress around. I had to go and buy a whole elastic-waist skirt wardrobe because the tubes didn't fit into any of my clothing without tugging on their entry points. Lastly, I was told I could shower right away, and I'm convinced that this is why my incision became infected at about the 4-week point. The center of my incision, where the infection was, is now a large circle of scar tissue about the size of a quarter. Okay, so all of that is a nuisance, but my real terror is that I'm going to need a revision. The doctor didn't have to construct a new belly button for me because my belly button was, apparently, 'high' to begin with. Now everything below my bellybutton is taut, and the area above my belly button is even looser and crepier than it was pre-op. I can no longer wear a bikini because it's so obvious. When I spoke to the doctor's staff, they told me it was too soon to tell and that it was probably just swelling, to which I replied that I would think that swelling would tighten the skin, not make it looser. Now the doctor says he is going to do laser tightening on the loose area, but not for at least 2 more months. I'm not convinced that this will remedy the problem. I've basically had to force myself to stop thinking about it, because it only makes me more and more upset. Another question I have is, who pays for any revision needed? I will be incredibly pi**ed off if I have to outlay any more cash, since I've already paid over $15,000 for my breasts and my tummy. Does anyone know the answer to this? Thanks for listening to my story, I know it's a little long!

(It pains me to do it because I so hate how I...

(It pains me to do it because I so hate how I look, but I am posting my 'after' picture here so that anyone who is interested can see exactly what I'm talking about!)

Okay - I am now 6 months out from my tummy tuck surgery, and because the sagging and crepiness on my upper abdomen has not resolved (surprise, surprise), my plastic surgeon is performing laser tightening on that area.  I had my first laser treatment last week and have not noticed any difference as of yet.  Apparently I will have at least 3 treatments, spaced a month apart.  I am quite unhappy with my results, and as I said in my original review, I feel that the doctor unilaterally decided at the last minute to give me a 'mini' tummy tuck so that a new belly button would not have to be constructed.  He avers that he did, in fact, stitch my abdominals, thereby making it a 'full' tummy tuck, but I'm not sure I even believe him at this point!  I don't know what to believe.  All I know is that I am not overweight, I work out regularly, and I have done abdominal exercises nearly my entire adult life, and after undergoing this tummy tuck, my stomach is still slightly distended and my skin is loose and saggy.  At what point do I take off my gloves and let the surgeon know that I'm not just marginally unhappy with the results, I'm EXTREMELY unhappy with the results?

Also, my incision had a 'dog ear' on one side that the doctor removed in his office.  Is the dog ear to be expected, or is that, too, the sign of a poor job?

Any comments would be much appreciated!

I gave to agree with the others this is not right but unfortunately the physician doesn't have to do anything to fix it. I too have to have a redo but mine is because I wanted a full and was advised to do mini? My stomach looks opposite of what it use to with a pouch above the belly button. Cool sculpting is expensive and I wouldn't suggest it.
Dear Siouxmac, No, this is not right. I had a full tummy tuck four years ago and it was smooth all the way down. Also, I did not have much pain at all post op. I think you are owed a redo at no cost to you.
Hi so sorry about your pain, I hope everything works out with the laser treatments. I am considering Tt as well if you don't mind me asking who performed your TT ? You can reply by email Andreaanderson9054@gmail.com
Hi, Ariea - see my reply below. I'm not sure why it ended up down there!
I'm also unhappy 7 months later -my tt scar is horrible and high- also the fat from my lipo to my butt is nothing no difference this all cost me 15,000. I'm so upset he offered to do a revision on his dime- but if it hurts as much as the tt I can't do it! Just wanted u to know your not alone-
may I ask who was your Dr? Best Wishes to you.
Hi, I am 5 weeks post full TT, but feel that I have lots of lose skin and fat left. I just feel dissapointed at the moment. I have sent my today's pics to my surgeon , and waiting to see what he says. It would be pity to pay again for fixing lower part and maybe having belly Lipo :( hope your revision will go well!!!!!
Hi there! I know this is an old post, but I'm curious how you're doing now? Also I'm in RI and just had a tt and I'm curious who your doc was. I am not having the exact concerns you are having but I am getting a similar vibe from my PS.
Hi.......I'm not sure if you are addressing me or not. I'm Mia 229 and I did not have a tummy tuck because I can't. But trust me that you look like a model compared to my stomach and there is nothing anyone can do to help me. I wish I could post pictures but I don't know how. But if you want to see a really bad job you might think twice about having it done. I am looking into cool sculpting to see if that is an option but its extremely expensive. As for my doctor I would not recommend him to work on an animal let alone a person. This man took away my life. If you want to see some horrible pictures I can send them to you. It might make you feel better about the way you look and I'm not trying to say you should not feel the way you do, I know this first hand and I feel you.
@Mia 229 Hi honey... I am so sorry to hear about your awful experience. I was asking Siouxmac since she is in RI - are you as well?
@ j_lab80........Thank you.. Sorry I just got an email from you speaking to me so I wasn't sure. I sill look horrible in the stomach area but there is nothing that can be done about it. I am now looking into cool sculpting but its extremely expensive. But non invasive. Hope you feel better soon.
I did cool s- didn't work at all and didn't have that much of a muffin top-waisted money-
I will update with more when I can, but his name is Pierre Michaud, Centerville Road, Warwick, RI. I'm sure this was an aberration for him, and he's a nice guy, but he did a wretched job on my TT - he didn't do what I paid for, and then he lied about it when I called him on it. Lastly, as if all that weren't enough, he made me pay through the nose for him to repair what I had already paid him for, but that he had messed up by being lazy. I now have a fake bellybutton that is approximately the size of a Kennedy half-dollar; it's downright bizarre-looking. I have never published this guy's name or bad-mouthed him publicly in all of these years since my surgeries, but his inability to simply admit what he did and apologize for it has stuck in my craw in a very big way! Thanks, Dr. Michaud.
I would also like to add that I would LOVE to watch Dr. Michaud read all of these comments, from patients and doctors alike, confirming what I already knew. It would be immensely interesting to me to listen to him explain himself in the face of all of these dissenting opinions about his work and his explanations of same.
Yep. I had the same Dr. I am relatively happy with my result, although I feel the skin could have been much more taught. He did say he will fix one part of the scar line for me which I didn't bring up, he did. In general, he has a very lax attitude toward the procedure and I wouldn't recommend him overall.
Thank you for the information. I have talked to so many PS now that it is one expensive, and two it takes more than one procedure to get results like 2-3 at over $1,500 for just a little 5" square. Bummer because that is my only option. Sorry it didn't work but now I know I can't do it. Thanks for the advice.
Thank you for the information. I have been to talk to many and it seems at $1,500 for just a small spot it's not worth it and you have to have it done at least 2-3 times to see any results. I'd rather take the chance of having someone do surgery to get rid of what I have. Thanks for the advice.
If this is a "nice guy" i do t want to meet a bad one. You should sue him.
Just trying to show some equanimity, but I agree with you 100%! As for suing him, I went to a lawyer back when this happened and was told that medical malpractice suits are nearly impossible to win, particularly when they involve "vanity surgery." It's a moot point now, anyway, because the statute of limitations has come and gone. I ultimately had to just let it go - for my own sanity.
Siouxmac, Wish you could fly to Atlanta and have Dr. Robert Davoudi redo your tt. He is awesome. Google his name and you should be able to see some results of his work. Not as expensive as your guy either. It might be worth getting a place to stay in Atlanta to have the work done.
I do understand. You have done a service though for anyone who might have been considering this surgery.
Hi Mia, sorry about your experience. looks like i have the same experience as you do. i wish you well, me i regret going to that doctor for TT, after spending such amount for TT i still look like am 5 months pregnant with lots of stretch marks. i have my pics you take a look.
That's not right. What amazes me is that they can mess something up and look at you and act like nothing's wrong!!! I had a mini TT and lift and need both redone. He offered to discount his fee!! Big deal!! Pretty sure I don't wasn't this guy working on me anymore.
I agree and I don't think results are predicted or guaranteed
Hi , i do not know what your doctor promised you or what did you accord , but evaluating your pictures what I see is He did not do a full abdominoplasty and when we do small interventions we get small or poor results , this is what happened to you , your abd needed a complete abdominoplasty or tummy tuck , but not a mini TT, because the excendent skin in the upper part above your belly bottom there is no way to remove it unless you raise the abdominal flap until the distal part of the sternum , to do this you have to create a new belly bottom and your belly bottom is the same one you had your whole life do not make much effort waisting money you need to have a full abdominoplasty to get rid of this results