Getting Nervous!! - San Antonio

I'm a mother of 4 boys and have been wanting a...

I'm a mother of 4 boys and have been wanting a TT since my first son was born 14 years ago! I struggled with my weight since then and even though I recently lost some weight but I still have a ways to go. I currently weigh 185 and so I am also conserned about my results. My PS said I was a good candidate (other than being overweight, I'm in good health and don't drink or smoke). My TT is scheduled for Dec. 13 (two days from today!!) and I'm starting to get really nervous :/ I've expressed to my PS how important having a symmetrical scar and hidden belly button scar is to me, hopefully this is possible in my case. I requested the pain pump on a friend's reccomendation so I'm hoping it will help. This website and all of the girls on it have been so helpful so I decided to add my own story to the mix. Please pray for me and wish me luck on Monday, I'll be posting as soon as I can.

okay so about 36 hours post op and my back is hurting and throwing up 4 times after surgery was not fun, (ouch!) Now I'm debating the post op shower... So IDK I'm hoping the worst is behind me, I guess we shall see. When I get up I have burning sensations on my right side. Thanks ladies for all the support, you guys are great :)

I am sorry you started out so rough.  It will get better but the first week is the worst.

I also had that side burning and it is annoying.   If that keeps up and the pain meds don't help give the doctor a call.  You need to be comfortable.

Do take the shower because it will make you feel so good.  Take the pain meds 30-60 minutes before the shower and that will help.  Also make sure you have someone there with you to help.  Are you able to sit in the shower?  That also helps and keep the water warm and not hot.
Okay so one more thing, Stool softeners vs. laxitives vs. MOM?? Which worked best for you?

Okay so its post op day 3 and the worst thing for...

Okay so its post op day 3 and the worst thing for me has been the constipation. I took Jenbob's advice and started stool softeners like three days before the surgery and unfortunately I don't think it helped :/ I'm going to really have to force myself to drink more and eat more. Still uncomfortable and my back hurts because I'm still hunched over (I think its getting a little better everyday). I'm not really able to sleep I've just been taking cat naps pretty often and for about maybe 2 hours at a time. I also noticed that my drains seem to be leaking, is this normal? I'll call my PS office in the a.m.
Thanks again for the support ladies :)

where are the before and after photos??????????????
So I am scheduled for a TT with DR. D at the end of Jan. Super nervous and expecting the worst. How was Dr. D? Did he do a good job, has your experience been great, hopefully so. I felt he spent ample time explaining things with me, but I am just very nervous about the whole thing. He told me that he usually doesn't place drains but I noticed he did for you. Did you ask for them? Does anyone have any guidance on the drains. Every other doc I talked to used them so I'm confused. Anywho, hope your recovery is going well! Thanks for any advice any one can offer.
I had my surgery the same day and also live in San Antonio. I am also having a good recovery, thanks to all the great help I have. Congrats on surgery and hope you have a great week!
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon