My Tummy Tuck - Pre and Post (Video Diary) - Edina, MN

20 Days pre-surgery.  I'm nervous. ...

20 Days pre-surgery.  I'm nervous.  I've been gathering things to make sure that I will be able to do what I can for myself cause I'm not sure how much help I am actually going to receive from my family.  Arranging a ride to and from has given me enough greif alone to make me wonder if I can do this.  My boyfriend stepped up the other day and offered to pick me up from the surgery - but he says it's too much for him to sit there all day, I understand his reasons.  It was just enough to know that he would be there for me if I needed, it's all I had to hear from him.

Pre-Op appointment is on the 11th, so is my final appointment with my surgeon prior to the surgery.  I just want to meet with him to discuss my expectations and find out more about possible limitations I may be under.

I'm worried, stressed, and a little aprehensive about what I am going to be doing. Not the greatest economical times to be taking out a chunk of money for this sort of personal use, plus gambling with my employement for probably what will turn out to be 2 weeks plus.  We will see.  I will post again after my pre-op and final surgical appointment next week.  Almost there!

*On a side note, I am at 153 today!  That is room enough for celebration!

Ok, nix what I stated before. LOL (not...

Ok, nix what I stated before. LOL (not really)  Got broken up with today, although he states that he will be there for me either way.  Just another emotional hurtle to overcome, again.

Got the Pre-Op Appointment out of the way...

Got the Pre-Op Appointment out of the way yesterday, paid the costs for the surgery yesterday as well.  Final cost, $7650.  Felt weird in a way, dropping that much money.

Spoke with my surgeon about a few concerns that I had found on here and read about from other women.  My surgeon seems almost over confident in his abilities - almost assuring me that dog ears wont happen, facia tightening will not keep me from doing yoga, and other things.  It's okay, I'm wracking it up to the fact that I am likely just extremely nervous and overthinking things as usual.  13 Days.  Isn't that the title of a horro movie?  Ugh.

Weight as of yesterday: 155 at the Dcotors office, 157 at the Surgeons office, and 153 at home.  Love the fluctuations in all three scales.

LOL.. Soap Opera Continued: No boyfriend...

LOL.. Soap Opera Continued:

No boyfriend.  Not that it matters.  Just found out that he's been cheating on my the whole time we were together.  NOTE to SELF: When I have a hot body, I will be more selective!

Post Tummy Tuck #1: Procedure went well from...

Post Tummy Tuck #1:

Procedure went well from what I gathered as I woke from anethesia. I didn't see my doctor afterwards, but all the recovery nurses were extremely nice and patient with me.

I remember waking about 10 to 2:00 pm, thinking it went shorter than estimated. Must have been the drugs talking to me.  Ride home was - egh...  was sent home in my gown clothes, and their blanket.  When I finally arrived home, I set up in my recliner and with the exception of getting up and walking twice, this is where I have been.  Lower back needed a pillow, also extra pillows under my legs.  Should have got a larger recliner, but this one is doing well enough.

The pain in my upper thighs from the little bit of lipo performed there was a burning sensation, nothing intolerable though. Haven't felt my abs, thank you pain pump. Other parts that hurt: my upper back, the outer incision spots around the hips are slightly tingley and have sharp shooting pains when I am up walking.

Went home with a catheter, which was nice, and three drains. (pictures to come).

Medications: Vikiden (pain), Prednisoolone (steroid), and Chepalexin (antibiotic). Over the counter Colace I have started yesterday evening...  and Vitamin C - 1000mg a day.  That I added myself after reading how many other womens doctors suggested it.

I go in for a shower and dressing change today- I will hopefully get pictures of the war wound then.

Anticipation level: 8/10     Recovery level(from anethesia): 2/10     Pain level: 7/10

Post TT Day 2: Swelling has begun. ...

Post TT Day 2:

Swelling has begun.  Bloated still from anethesia.  Bruising on my xiphoid process is incresed slightly.  Doctor said that he had to go up that high to start the facia sutures.  Should recceed in time.  Tired.  Craving goodies because I pitty my condition, but am also trying to eat healthy to promote quicker healing time. Salads, grapes, berries, fiber one bars, tons of water...  still no bowel movement.

Tummy Tuck Post Day #3 Feeling tired, swollen...

Tummy Tuck Post Day #3

Feeling tired, swollen a little more yet.  Honestly just feels like one of my "fat" weeks, and even then, it's nice knowing that when I sit I don't have a whole nother fold of skin that I have to tend to.

I have moved from the recliner to my bed.  5 Pillows prop me up and 2 keep my knees slightly bent, less strain on the skin that is now healing around my lower abdomen.

Compression garment and I have had a slight disagreement as farr as where it wants to lay on my right hip and where I want it to lay.  It's rubbing the scar, which is still protected by the huge surgical pad that covers the scar.

Reduced the pain meds to one every 4-6 hours. Still no bowel movement. Colace on board, I feel like it might happen today! lol, maybe not.  I get to the potty, and I get dizzy when I see all the tubes coming and going.  I did manage to take a shower, wash my hair by myself, that was nice.  The whole shower process took easily 1.5 hours.  I took off the garment, laid down on the bed.  Let my pressure stabalize. Got up tried the potty, sat for 20+ minutes, nothing.  Still dizzy as heck after looking at my belly button.  Did the shower, 20 minutes later - I did allow the front of me to get slightly wet, run-off water, didn't directly put the wounds into the stream though.  It didn't bug me, I can't feel a thing in that area anyway - pain pump.  Laid back on the bed for another 25 minutes at least and air dried.  Made sure that the tape was mostly dry and re-dressed myself with the garment.  I like the garment on.  I feel tucked in, but like I said, I can't feel my tummy anyway.  Which is another source of getting dizzy.

Taking it easy today. Watching movies, hockey, whatever.  I'm sure by tomorrow I will have gone stir-crazy, thank god I see the doctor to get the pain pump removed. Plus my BF of 19 years will be here to keep me company. That will lighten my spirits more.

Post Tummy Tuck Day #4 Pain pump intact. ...

Post Tummy Tuck Day #4

Pain pump intact.  Colace WORKS.  Compression Garment still sucks.  Saw my surgeon earlier - he removed some tape from my belly button, rubbed it with a cloth and my nerves almost went through the roof.  Doctor says that most likely 2 of the 3 drains will come out on Thursday. My fear is that a seroma will develop because it will have been to soon for them to come out.

Gave my doctor kuddos today for acheving the two things I hold at the top of my priority list when I went into this surgery... 1) Symmetry on the scar (didn't want the typical "W"); 2) Nice graduation from flanks to hips to waist.  Both acheived from the reuslts I have so far.

The Pain Pump.  It's gotta come out.  Doctor says that I will notice a difference once it;s out.  This gets to sit in the back of my head now, I was thinking that this wsa a piece of cake, now I have to think about the added amount of uncomfortabliness that awaits me on Thursday.  My goal is to be back at work at least for 3 hours on Monday, Mar. 8th. Doctor says it's dooable, we will see.

p.s. Thanks to everyone who has been on here to read my thoughts and have left their comments, I appreciate them all so much, they are keeping me going!

Post Tummy Tuck Day #6 Doing pretty good...

Post Tummy Tuck Day #6

Doing pretty good.  Removed my pain pump by myself today.  Followed the manufactures guide in the brochure they sent home with me.  That went better than I thought, which was good, because I happen to be home alone at the time. :)

Pain since I took it out hasn't really changed, although I bumped myself back up to 2 vicodin for the time being.

I have resumed eating my normal diet prior to the surgery, just making sure to not over stuff myself, while drinking plenty of water yet.

A few notables. 1) Get a Robe. (I feel fat in them, but it would have been handy during this time).  2) Work out till the night before surgery (weight lifting is really important so you can assist your abs to the most of your potential (arms, legs)).  3) No Soda!  (seriously).  4) Shower daily when you get the go ahead (improves your state-of-mind way beyond what you think it might).  4) Have several pre-chopped fresh veggie/fruit 1-serving size bowls ready for you in the fridge (do I even have to explain the nutritional benefits that you receive from eating fresh fruits and veggies, no.)  5) Have lots of Lean Cuisine frozen meals in the freezer that you can reach!  6) Send your little ones away (they can visit, but for the first 4-5 days-you need rest-plus you'll heal faster)  7) Have a picture of you at your fattest around so you can remind yourself of where you were and why you are doing this, it will help you see the silverlining beyond the pain and swelling, which is temporary in most cases.

Thanks again for your support!  Take Care!

Tummy Tuck Day #8 My third post-op appointment...

Tummy Tuck Day #8

My third post-op appointment yesterday was the best yet!

THE DRAINS CAME OUT!  ALL THREE!!!

My doctor did a very good job of talking while he proceeded to clip the drain tubs, Rubbed my belly. Clipped the sutures keeping the tubes in. Then he quickly and with ease pulled the tubes out. He started with the middle, which was hardly noticable. Then the right, just felt weird, he didn't alert me that it was being pulled,. but I could feel just an odd sensation under my skin. Then he did the left. Again, no pain.  Happily!

He probably would have know that I would make a pitty party out of the tape being pulled off, so he just went and pulled it off.  Cleaned the scar line with... I wanna guess iodine? Blowed some air on it to make the stinging subside, and then replaced the tape.  Him pulling the tape without telling me was the best way to go. He's a great doctor, and knowledgable.  I checked the chaffing on my skin where he preformed the upper inner thigh lipo, and we decided that Destin and airing out would be the best choice.

Since the drains are now out. I have been resting more so then before. The thought of fluid accumulating into a seroma scares me, although if it happens, it happens.

My late nights laying awake suddenly brought me to research the lipo recovery and discovered that the slight hardening in the upper thighs is normal part of the body's healing process. Also, I placed an order for a "Stage 2" compression garment.  This type of compression garment is to be worn from weeks 2-8. I'm excited to get it because it has a crotch for one thing. And it is just a mid body suite. So, the leg part of the garment won't be necessary, further, allowing my inner thighs the air they are so desperate to have. Sick isn't it. Also purchased Scar Esthetique Reduction Cream for the scar line once it's closed up completely.  The reviews on this cream were pretty good, I am hopful.

More pictures to come, now that swelling has subsided slightly.  Gets worse as the day goes on, and that is normal too! :)  Overall, I've kept a positive attitude, haven't once regretted having this done, which is important for recovery. I haven't hit a low, as I have read many women do.  All about what you eat, your attitude, and expectations.

Post TT - Day 12 Wow.  Day 12 already...

Post TT - Day 12

Wow.  Day 12 already.  That's nice.  Too bad I'm so swollen I can't tell! LOL   -  The swelling is now being controlled by arnica montana, it's a homiopathic remedy for swelling, bruising & muscle aches. I actually stumbled across it from another site, being sold in a treo of pills that one would take for post surgical procedures.  I happen to buy my supply of just that pill at a local natural foods store.  It was cheap, and it's easy to take, 4 pills that dissolve under your tongue 4 times a day.  Jury is still out on if it helps.  Perhaps it's me just getting better. Couldn't hurt anyway.

My 5 year old has been with me at home now since Friday, Mar 5. It's been okay. I can't get up and do as much as I would like with him. I had two adventures over the weekend to help prepare me for work, which I started back today, Mon. Mar. 8.  I managed to sit at work and get a few things done for about 5 hours. I had anticipated 4 hours, so I exceeded my expectations that I had set for myself. Tomorrow, I will try and make it up to 6-7 hours.

The doctors office gave me two stage 1 compression garments. They are nice, researched them and found out they retail for $124 each.  Well.  This morning I decided to hack one of them, I cut the legs off, down to the zipper.  Put it back on, and discovered that the whole contraption was better adjusted with the legs, it happens to spring up now. :(  I went to Kohl's to buy some slimming under garments, bought a large, and turns out, I need an x-large. Ggrrr. Won't work right anyway. Besides, my thighs feel weird without the compression, it's almost a comfort now.  Another one of those, What was I thinking Moments.

I go back to the doctor on Thursday to see if any seroma's develop, and to check the tapping of my incision. I'm hoping that the belly button situation (it's just bloody looking) resolves slightly.  My inner thighs have had chaffing. I was putting on A&D ointment, but tried desitin, and sitting out with just airing them, turns out desitin does great weird things to dry out skin, and now they are peeling.  lol... I just have to laugh at it really. The worst of my concerns is the skin on my thighs.  Who would have thunk?

Ok, so... I have wanted a tummy tuck for almost...

Ok, so... I have wanted a tummy tuck for almost 3-4 years. My history. I have 2 boys, one 13, the other is almost 5. Both were delivered via c-section, both 9 lbs. I was 138 lbs. prior to my 13 yr old when I was 19 years old. I had my second son in 2005. I was married at the time, I weighed 160 lbs. prior to that pregnancy.

I gained 70 lbs. with my first pregnancy and 50 with my second. In 2008 I had my gall bladder and tonsils removed and found out that I have hypothyroidism. At the time of that surgery, I weighed in at 178 lbs. I now work out at a local gym 4-6 times per week, I also weight lift, not like a body builder, but I wanted to look tone. I never lost a lot of weight, but I went from a size 16 to a small size 12.

I could fit into a size 10 jeans now, if it weren't for my excess skin from the pregnancies. I weigh myself almost daily. I vary anywhere from 153-160 lbs. I know what I can and cannot eat, I know how much I need to exercise that week to accommodate treats. Regardless of how much exercise, I cannot loose the pooch that I have from having large babies and from not taking care of myself during the pregnancies/marriage (I am divorced now for 3 years).

I've decided to get a tummy tuck last year, but needed to get the finances in order. That was 2009. This past December (2009) I started my search for my Plastic Surgeon. I have had two consultations. The first consult was with a surgeon that my sister had referred me to, she had breast augmentation.

That surgeon was nice, his staff was nice. He spent 10 minutes with me discussing what he could do. The building looked like an office building. The atmosphere, was nice inside the office, but there were things that were not...update, seemed like stuck in the 90s or so. His cost would be $8500.

The second consult I had with a surgeon in an upscale part of the Twin Cities. I had high expectations with this consultation only cause of the location. I wasn't let down. I walked into a building across the street from a well known hospital. (I felt good about that). The colors the ambiance, all set me at ease.

This surgeon I met with spent roughly 35 minutes with me, he was funny, charismatic and his humor put me at ease. His cost with pain pump, $7600. Both surgeons included lipo with the tummy tucks. The second surgeon included inner thigh lipo as well, so there would be a more uniform look to the whole lower level makeover.

I scheduled my tummy tuck with the second surgeon after talking to Andrea, his scheduler. She was so nice, all the staff were so nice. I appreciated the care they took to make me feel like I was the only on in the clinic at the time.

My T-Date is February 25th, 2010. I am nervous. I have read more than 100 reviews on this site from the good, to the bad, to the absolute unthinkable. I am expecting the worst going into this. I cannot imagine anything, besides death, being worse than what I have been dealt to work with for my body. I am hoping to get into a bikini by maybe July or August. I want better confidence, a fresher more youthful appearance.

I want to be able to sit in a chair without pulling my shirt down to cover my flab/folds. I want to be able to go to the high impact gym classes without having to worry about my pants falling cause my flab bounces everything out of place, even underwear. I'm posting my pre-TT pictures now.

I was weighed at the last surgeons office at 164 lbs. (yeah, WHAT! was what I was thinking). I want to be down to 155 lbs before the surgery. If you have a stomach like mine, please respond to me with your results. I know that it's also the surgeons skill that has a hand in the results, but anything at this time, tips, what to do, what not to do... I would be grateful. I'm NERVOUS! I don't want to look worse,

I'm not sure I could handle it, but I know fairy-tales aren't always possible. I am very confident in the surgeon that I picked, and his skill. He has 20+ years experience. He pictures are remarkable. Everyone heals differently, that is my concern.

Post Tummy Tuck DAY...

Post Tummy Tuck DAY 14

DON'T    SNEEZE!!!!!!

Workin 6+ hours at my desk job. Tried Jeans yesterday. Bad idea. Went home and crashed, felt good to molt the normal clothing.

Weighed myself last night - 153.  This morning - 150.  See Swelling notes above.

Again, I REPEAT!!!!     DON'T SNEEZE!!!!!!

More pictures to come soon.

Post Tummy Tuck - Day....  #16 Recheck...

Post Tummy Tuck - Day....  #16

Recheck appointment today was a success!  Had 15cc of fluid sub-q my right abdomen, was removed via aspiration.

Tape replaced, and was on my way.  Put on my Avi-Motion shoes today, hoping to get some exercise, all is going well!

Post TT - Day #18? LOL... How is it that I...

Post TT - Day #18?

LOL... How is it that I officially have lost track to how many days ago that I was a larger more tummier version of myself? Oh well...  So my weekend adventures.

Friday, got out to a movie on a date...  Movie, She's Outta My League - Hilarious...  Note, laughing has gotten much easier, as long as it's not an earthy deep laugh.  The date, Well. He was short.  Shorter than I normally date.  So...  the search continues.

Saturday I made an hour drive to my sisters new home.  Sitting in the car for that long while wearing my new Stage 2 compression garment.....  UGH.  Kinda uncomfortable.

Sunday.  Ok, I know I should know better.  There is my disclaimer.  I'm so tired of not being able to do anything, I'm not a pamper me kind a girl, I hate asking for help.  I found myself outside (it was so nice out!) raking.  Yes.  Raking.  The yard needed some doggy doo doo provisions.  Yuck, I know, part of life with two miniture Dachshunds.  I cleaned the floor in the house, gave the dogs a bath, and went shopping.  TOO MUCH.  I am now running a low grade fever, 99.1.  I have been getting these upper back pains, and it's been not fun to breath.  When I eat, I get an upset stomach, and more upper back pain. Yes. I know.  Rest Rest Rest.  Well!  lol

I will wait to see what Monday brings as far as temp...  I might call into work, I have the time available... might just take the day to lay in bed like I should have done in the first place.  Probably call the doctor and let him know what kind of crap I am experiencing.  Oh, and BTW - I have stopped taking the Arnica Montana.  I believe it is actually a cause of my upset stomach symptoms.  I have since replaced it with good old fashioned, Fresh cut Pineapple.  LOL... Pineapple has been known to help reduce inflammation and has natural pain releiving nutrients.

Anyway.  Enough for tonight.  :)

Day 19 Post TT The fever I was running on...

Day 19 Post TT

The fever I was running on Sunday was tied into me coming down with Antibiotic enduced Hepittitis.  :(   I'm itchy, ALL OVER.  I'm tired, but cannot sleep.  I've have nausea and a headache since Saturday.  Yesterday (Tues., Mar. 16, 2010) I was urinitaing an extremely tinted color of normal (i.e. DARK).

I drink 10-12 glasses of water a day, I eat normally (veggies, fruits) -so my urine color wouldn't be changed by diet.

So today, I called my doctor and he saw me immediately, and determined that I am in the 1% of the population that would have an Antibiotic reaction that can lead to Hepititis.  Yippe Skippe.

Agenda.  DRINK MORE WATER THAN EVER.  Stay off the drugs, any.  And eat healthier than ever!  I'm exhausted.

I weighed myself this morning though.  There is a silvr lining.  I weighed 148.  That is easily the lowest weight I have had in well over 10 years.  I'm thrilled, note the undertones of just simply me being tired.  And this setting me back, maybe just slightly.

Post TT  -  Day ...  #24 Next...

Post TT  -  Day ...  #24

Next week marks an entire month.  I'm so happy that I had this surgery done.  Even with the set-back of having a toxic liver. lol... sorry, it just sounds funny.

My Anti-Drug loving liver has been....   let's just say, my diet is seriously restricted.  There are a few things that I can eat, all natural products... veggies, fruits, and whole grains.  My eyes are maybe going back to white now!  That's an exciting improvement at least.  The itching has gotten slightly worse, at night especially.  I've taken steps to latehr myself up wth lotion, not that it helps completely, but it does help slightly.  Benedryl is my new best friend, I take it right before I go to bed, even though sleeping is now done best during the day...  again, itching and night are... UGH.

I have always wanted to be back down at 140 lbs!  Although I never would have guessed that it would be because of my liver that I got there...  but I weighed in at 140 today.  At least I'm eating healthy.  :)

Post TT Day 30 Initial Liver Enzyme reults are...

Post TT Day 30

Initial Liver Enzyme reults are back.  Seriously elevated.  Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT) should be around 4-55 for women, mine is at 556.  Aspartate Amino Transferase (AST) normal values are between 0-45, mine is 137.

All my other liver enzymes also very elevated.  My initial findings on the internet have led me to believe that my liver toxicification (not sure that's a word) is a result of acetaminophen poisioning.  Weekly blood testing to watch the AST levels will help to evaluate if the liver is recovering.  Fingers crossed.

This is a lesson to all women on here who have been prescribed any pain medications that have acetaminophen - don't exceed your doctors prescribed dose.  Not saying I did.  I just happen to fall into that small percentage of patients who is apparently sensitive to acetaminophen and/or cephlexin in combination.  It's hard to say which made me, or better yet my liver go on protest.

It's uncomfortable.  It's not fun, I don't sleep much.  I'm eager to feel better, as good as my tummy now feels now that it's nice and flat.

On another note, swelling.  I hate it.  It is of course a natural part of recovery, somehow with all my other failing ailments, the swelling on top of that, just ads insult to injury.

Saw my PS on Thursday, 3/25.  He was very compasionate and sypathetic to my constant concern over all of what's happening.  I am yet, remaining positive - as best as I can.

Either way, I'm looking forward to boating season.

Great News!  My liver is on it's way to...

Great News!  My liver is on it's way to liking me again and being part of my body's natural functions!  I have below the values on my liver panel.  A few things.  I have been eating rediculously healthy.  My PS advised me to use the indoor tanning beds, with my stomach and scars covered for a short period of time - same therory on this as in helping babies with Jaundace.  I think it helped, it got super annoying with the itchies for the first two days, and now, they are almost gone.

TEST           3/25 Results         3/18 Results       Normal Values
ALT               288 h                    556 h                 4-55 U/L
AST               80 h                     137 h                  0-45 U/L
ALK PTASE 154 h                     195 h                 25-135 U/L

Everything else is going well!  I started working out on Monday, squats, lunges, Plié relevé, more or less - anything to do with legs.  Also I've been doing push-ups against the wall, uses less lower back and abs, but still works the arms, and the arm gigglies.  They have become prominent since the surgery, which irritates me.

I can't wait to start running again, I think with the ab strength I have now, it'll be a breeze (or at least not as stressful on my abs) when I do start.

I don't see my PS again till the 8th, still have no idea what is under the tape that constantly covers my scar, I trust that it's okay, otherwise I'm Dr. Wonderful would say something.  :)

Post TT - DAY  #35 I'M...

Post TT - DAY  #35

I'M A SIZE 8!!!!!!!   WOOT WOOT!

Post TT Week #6!!! Started working out...

Post TT Week #6!!!

Started working out again!  I went to my YMCA on Saturday, April 3 for just plain old walking.  I was 40 minutes into a 4.0 MPH walk at an 1% incline when my usual class, TurboKick, was gathering.....   Ok, I really love this class.  I went.  I was ginergly with my movements...  I did it all like a senior citizen, and it felt wonderful!

Since then, I have been working out daily.  Walking/Trotting...  I am a runner.  My natural instinct is to RUN!  So, the fastest I have gotten myself up to without creating a pain response has been 5.0 MPH at a 1.5% incline.  I'm up to running for 5-8 minutes at a time.  Which, is a far cry from what I could do prior to the TT, but I know that I need to ease back into this...  so, I am not pushing myself too hard right now.  I have a 5K in May that I wanna run...  not sure I will be there, but I am going to try.

Weight.  I am varying anywhere between 140-150.  I'm all over the board.  I belive that with a consistant workout routine, and proper diet (I fell off the wagon a few times - I'll admit, I'm an emotional eater, and the liver stuff sucked)....  I believe I'll be a size 6 by the end of summer.  BY NO MEANS did I think that I would be able to accomplish a size 6!  Unheard of!  I have never been a size 8!   But here I am, a size 8!  The pants I have bought, that are a size 8 are too big already.  So.  I'm doing something right.  I must be.  Everyone says I look great....  I feel great.  But I STILL see that fat chick in the mirror.  Why.  I'm gonna walk around the mall in a bikini just to brainwash myself.  LOL.... ok, maybe not...  but ....  ugh.

Again. Proper diet, exercise, and SLEEP!  Are essential for being fit for this procedure. I cannot emphasize enough to anyone who is debating to have this done, or is scheduled to have this done, WORK OUT!  WEIGHT LIFT!  I don't think I would be anywhere near the recovery I am not if I didn't already have pretty moderate ab strength and STRONG LEGS AND ARMS.  DO Pilates, do Yoga!  You will NEED it.

There I am done for week 6.  :)

3 Months Update! I had my TT on February 25th, I...

3 Months Update! I had my TT on February 25th, I am 13 weeks and 4 days out as of today. It's been a wonderful, fluctuating, interesting, and sometimes somewhat painful journey to this point. Previously I had reported that my liver enzymes were off-skew due to Drug-Induced Hepatitis. I can safely say that at least the levels are back to normal, however, certain activities, like enjoying a drink or two, are still not within my limits, I know, because I have tried, and failed. (oh well) The tummy. Is FLAT! I have had better weeks with my diet habits and exercise and such, but overall, I am happy with my results/appearance. I am still a small size 8, I am content with the size that I have molded to. Occasionally I still wear my compression garment, actually, at least 3-4 days a week to work I wear it. I feel like it helps with the continued swelling on my right side. Since my TT, I have gotten back together with my ex, and am happy to report that he and I are happier than ever! It's been quite a road to this point, and I would gladly do most of it all over again without much change. The future. I am going to get back up on that wagon and work out. I am eager to rejoin my healthier lifestyle, i.e. Working out at least 5 days a week, and eating a more balanced diet. With all changes in life, there are ups and downs. It's expected, but It will never define me and who I am meant to be or have become. It's been a happy trail. :)

Six months have flown by! I love being thinner. I...

Six months have flown by! I love being thinner. I can say "thin" thin, not like I wanted to be kinda "thin" by the end of the summer. I have accepted the fact that, a) Working out is necessary; b) I like food; c) mostly junk food at times; 4) it's a fine balance between weight/working out/and food. I am currently hovering around 153-157lbs. Depending on the day, the amount of energy I spend working out, and what kind of other stress I have going on in my life. Work has kinda takin a fore-front to my life, so I don't get to the gym as often as I like. I am getting better at restraining from the processed goodies that plague our society. Frankly, I know I don't need the crap, but unfortunately to my brain and taste buds, it's a matter of addiction when it comes to that sweet talkin chocolate bar.

I enjoy being a size 8. The mirror lies to me still though. When I look at myself, I still see the thick me that I had been for so long, and then some. It takes my family, friends, and my guy to remind me that I am not perfect, but I have come so so far from what I was, and I should be proud of what I have accomplished. I am. But I am still hard on myself for not being as diligent with my new body as I had initially started out doing after the surgery. I remain loyal to the people here on RealSelf. The staff the commentators to my post. Without all of you/them I may not have held as tightly to my guns with staying on track. It really is a lifestyle change, regardless if I have the extra belly or not. It's a reminder that even though you may have your old figure back, prior to kids - you cannot continue to treat it as you did back in the days of eating this and that and not seeing immediate change to your thighs, back, love handles. Trust me, the bulge finds new creative places to accumulate once you have no where in the middle to stick it to. I will update again in a month, after I have been back on track for 6 weeks. I still wear a bikini, and I'm still a svelte size 8.

Don't misread me, I am happy, but I am still constantly improving as well.

October is my 8th month Post TT. I am ecstatic...

October is my 8th month Post TT. I am ecstatic about my results STILL. I have started back at the Gym almost 3-4 times a week, and I am back on track with eating healthier. I've held my weight steadily at 150 lbs now for almost 4 weeks. The fact that I am now dealing with is that my self-image is much different than how others perceive me. I've start going to a therapist to help with any insecurities that I had developed while I was more plump, I am hopeful that it will help merge the new me with a healthier attitude overall. Will post pics again soon!

Oye - the holidays will put you into ... a curvy...

Oye - the holidays will put you into ... a curvy slump? Wow, seriously ladies and a few gents - Eat healthy, exercise, and be merry!

A few comments on other posts have taken me back slightly - wondering if I'm not putting in the effort, I mussint be.

I went to The Limited this week to purchase a holiday outfit, I managed to finagle my way into a size 8 skirt there, which I never would have been able to do, not even pre-babies. It made me feel good.

I will have to just brush off the fact that some community members here think a size 8 is larger, and that 0-4 is average.

While we all know that statistically American women are in fact around a size 12-14 on average.

My little rant. I treat this site as more of a blog. I enjoy seeing how everyone here has posted their own stories, and experiences. It is a fountain of ideas, and encouragement; and much needed during the holidays.

December 29, 2010 Am excited to report that...

December 29, 2010

Am excited to report that after the holiday season of eating enormous amounts of food.... I have only gained 5 lbs. :) Getting back on track with working out, and eating healthier. Salads for lunch daily... Less Caribou coffee in the mornings... (was daily for a while).

It's been a while since I have been on, almost 1 year coming up for my Tummy Tuck. It's been quite the journey, I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

Swelling. I can't say for sure, but I can say that I do still get puffier in the evening hours. Eating healthy curbs that mostly, but it still happens.

Still a size 8 and loving it!

Edina Plastic Surgeon

My doctor is wonderful. His facilities and staff are superb at what they do, the atmosphere was the most comfortable I have experienced. So far my results have been great, the staff has been excellent at responding to my needs! Highly recommended.

You look great, thanks for sharing
I just read your posts on the tummy tuck. Kiddos to you and everything you had to go through pre-op amd while recovering! I had my TT 3 weeks ago and have been on an emotional roller coaster! Thank you so much for sharing :)
speed racer
you can use tight leggings or cycling shorts, tights or stockings that pull you a bit firmly . You are very swollen now so dont worry about the size you will be later it will be much smaller. It takes a long time to fully go down, seriously. first bit after 3 - 4 weeks npticeably and then the final bit can be after 3 or 4 months. Good luck. It will be gettgn better really soon. Congratulations.
I would like to get your doctors information. I cannot find him on google for some reason. My ins just denied my claim for tummy tuck, and have seen a couple great reviews on yours. Thanks.
Hi SpeedRacer,
I am about 2 1/2 weeks post TT. What type of stage 2 garment would you suggest? My PS told me to stick with my ztage two for the remainder of my healing (8 weeks). I am not fond of it though, the zippers and velcro are starting to bug me,
I just got done reading your entire story and thought it was very interesting. I'm having a consultation at the same place you had yours done in June and hoping to have my TT the end of June. Are you still happy you went through with it? Are you feeling 100% back to normal yet? You look great! Any advice or help you could offer would be much appreciated! Are you still completely happy with the doctor you chose?
Hey Green Girl - How did your consultation go? Have you had your TT?
I had 3 consultations about a week or so ago--one in Mnpls, one in Edina (the same place you got yours done but different doctor), and one in Plymouth. I decided to go with the doctor in Plymouth. I'm having my tummy tuck on June 28th. Can't wait for it to be over so I can begin healing!! Thanks for thinking of me! Do you have any advice?
Make sure that you have at least 2-3 additional compression garments, you can order these off makemeheal.com. You would want one additional stage 1 compression garment, and then 2-3 stage 2. They get dirty, and it's nice to have one to wear while you're washing the others. I had 3-4 days worth of cut up fruit and veggies in my fridge, each in a single serving size tupperware like storage, it was nice to have a healthy option ready to go. Watch your salt intake for the first month, maybe even up to month two - he really does make you swell more. You'll have swelling for 4-6 months, plan on wearing your garments that long. Keep me posted! Good luck!
hi, just got a tummy tuck 5 days ago - can you tell me which stage 2 garments you got? my doctor said to get ones that don't have any lines that could make indentations in my abdomen after the tummy tuck - I bought a few and couldn't even get them over my thighs, so they obviously run small since I am usually a medium in everything, and ordered large for all the garments. the
Hey girls
I am so relieved to have found you. Speedracer thanks for sharing and notimecj thank you too! I am up at 3am 10 days post op (Tummy Tuck and breast lift with lipo to hips and flanks) because I feel so bitterly disappointed, that I actually cant sleep.
My breasts are great - love em!
My tummy tuck seems to me not to have gone far enough. And I was not that bad to begin with, from seeing galleries I would say I was average. (not the tiny model or super sporty perosn with a tiny pouch that you are not sure if you'd do it for that, Not the very overweight person who had bariatric surgery. I was about 15 pounds over goal weight before surgery. I had twins and a singleton and I am 43.
I did so much research on surgeons, I interviewed 10, I chose this one and now I feel he did not do a good job. Why do I feel this? I could walk up right on the first day post op and I am now sitting 10 days post op on no pain meds at all. Its not that I want pain! But I have heard form so many people that it was so unbearable at first and they felt so stretched (skin), so I don't think he stretched my skin tight enough. I also still have some fat on my lower abdomen! He said he took off 1 kilo of skin and fat but it feels as if it needed 1 1/2. He said that the results will not look that different once the swelling has gone down. THIS is the part that upsets me the most. If he told me wait to judge its all going to go down much much more then I would be ok but if this is it - it seems so disappointing!
Please tell me if I am going through a normal psycho curve of miserable disappointment and then it all changes and it looks much better and you get smaller and snmaller or might I have just chosen a bad surgeon? I just seem to recall others telling me how elated they were as son as they woke up!
The other thing I wonder is does the scale showing a weight increase after a week seem normal? When I weighed myself a few days ago after expecting to at least be down what he said he had removed and some for not eating that much post op, I was up 4 pounds. Is that too normal?

Thank you so much for your support. I hate being so miserable as I was counting so much on this being a huge sacrifice (mother of 3 tiny people, putting my life at risk) for an outstanding result!
And thanks too to all of you others for sharing and supporting too, I only read the first two responses before I wrote so I did not mean to ignore those after the first two, I just felt desperate to write and ask.
THanks :)
You know what? Honestly a size 8 is just fine. I am only a few pounds lighter than I was the day I had my tuck, but I wear a 4. Yeah I am surprised about that! I guess it just has to do with your frame. It surprises me.
Hi Navy! I couldn't agree more! I'm more in love with the fact that in High School, I was a size 10, and now - I'm an 8! I thinks it's awesome! I don't think I've been below 146lbs. at all, and I don't care - I feel and look GREAT! :) You look well - Hope everything in your neck of the woods is going wonderfully! :)) Happy Holidays
You look really awesome too! I am gonna post a video update on my youtube account and see if I can post the link on my page so you guys can hear me-rather candidly-talk about my tuck :P
Hi Speedracer,

I wanted to thank you for your advice - I had emailed you about 6 weeks ago and asked your opinion on going back to work. Well, I did it, got the TT (I still can't believe I did it) but it went great. VERY little pain, back to work at two weeks, no one at my office has a clue.

Just wanted to thank you b/c without your encouragement I don't know if I would have gone through with it.

You can check out my story and pics, I'm 9170anon.

Thanks again!
Your so very welcome! :)

Hi fanuella -- Here is the link to add your own blog. Hope this helps!

You should put this up as your own blog, and not as a comment on mine. Just a thought. :)
Hello All,
It Is Me Bebo. Well have only a few days left. I will be going in on Thursday Nov 18th @ 7:15am.
Best thing, it is one day after my birthday, The best gift I have given myself.
I am a little nervous and very very excited.
Lets see how it goes, will keep you all posted. Bye for know.. :))
You'll do great! Remember that you are going to be fine, and it'll be over before you know it! Happy Birthday, and Good Healing!
thank you speedracer7.
Congrats! Glad you had a great experience with your surgeon.
It looks like I may have a dog ear on my left side. But I am only 2 weeks out and still have steri strips over the incision. I go on Fri to get the incision cleaned and new tape put on. I will ask the dr then about the dog ear and seeing what I can do to minimize the appearance. So far I have been happy with the results..but I am still a bit swollen. I was hoping to lose inches, but so far I am measuring the same.
At two weeks I thought I was going to have a dog er on one side as well, but after the swelling went down, it was clear that one side just didn't heal the way the other did, I'm okay with that too, it's makes me uniquely me! :) Good luck with the rest of your recovery!