I Think About It Everyday - Ontario, Canada

I'm a mother of 2 girls, both via C section. I...

I'm a mother of 2 girls, both via C section. I was classically trained as a dancer prior and considered myself as a strong & healthy person. After having my children I just couldn't get rid of the flap of skin that hung over right to my pubic area and felt very disconnected with the body I had before. Don't get me wrong I don't need to be skinny mini again but I just want the flap of skin removed. (I feel so as though it's not a part of me now already) I've also decided to try to qualify from a breast reduction (in Ontario you are covered for reduction if for health issues)as I spill out of a 34 DD. I have my consultation on the 16th of September and hoping for the go ahead for both surgeries at once. I feel anxiety & excited at the same time!

Surgery is in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

surgery is in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before pics

before pics

After photos posted !!!

after photos posted !!!

After photos up!

after photos up!

4 weeks post op pictures up! Loving my new tummy!

4 weeks post op pictures up! Loving my new tummy!

Today marks 6 weeks post op and tomorrow is a...

today marks 6 weeks post op and tomorrow is a follow up appointment.I feel fabulous. I have 2 concerns that I will be bringing up tomorrow. They're concerns I could live with and hope that they're considered "normal". I've started wearing regular panties and with the odd time wearing support panties when I feel the need or feel swollen.

I STILL think about it everyday!

Toronto Plastic Surgeon

my PS has been very friendly and caring. He knows exactly what I want

it's gone done quite a bit, as the PS said it would. He said he won't touch it for about a year, if it sill bothers me will retouch with a 15 min in office procedure. It doesn't bother me as much anymore because it has gone down so significantly.
hopes this helps and good luck on your scar therapy.
byebyeflap, how are you doing i had my surgery on oct 19 and our scars look alot alike i have a place like yours on my lt side i suppose it's a dog ear dr. says it's uneven lipo he told me to massage it too haven't seen much change,how about you mine offered to fix me but not sure i want to experience any more pain, are you having your's fixed? i'm on the mommy makeover post if you want to see my pics i have to update but the ps is doing a vbeam treatment on my scar so you can't see it now but i will post some afterwards hope things are much better:-)
so went for my follow up yesterday, and it seems I have a dog ear developing (you can see it slighting on the left) PS said it will go down significantly if I keep massaging it with good amount of pressure. We will re evaluate in about 8 mons-a years time as in that amount of time it will go down, if I;m still not happy with progress than he'll fix it.
Any advice on dog ears?

Just keep massaging that with some pretty good pressure 2-3 times a day with the Vitamin E Oil or Bio oil.  That should do the trick.  If it does not end up exactly how you want it at lest your surgeon will fix what is needed.

I bet it will be just fine..
feeling fab, like a million bucks. starting to feel I need my binder less & less, and it's starting to wear out anyways. The breast are starting to take shape, I LOVE them. tomorrow is 5 weeks post op already, I can't believe it. I'm good about keeping the scars treated with vit e & bio oil.
tell me what you think about my new pictures!

Oh my goodness you look wonderful!  Just look at that nice flat and tight tummy!  You go girl!  I am so happy to hear you are doing so well at five weeks.  It is all up hill from here so enjoy the ride.  Just think of how good you will feel by bikini weather.

You look awesome and I can't wait to see more pictures as you heal.  Keep up on the oil's and that scar will fade quickly.  It already looks pretty smooth and flat.
so I've attempted 3 times to post my 4 weeks post op pictures but once again not able to :(

I am glad you were checked out...at least you can get that off your mind now.

The breast shape takes place gradually.  Once they relax they will settle to a nice tear drop shape and look fantastic.  Mine took about 5-6 months to drop a bit and look good.  I sure love them now...perky, firm, and the bonus is the nipples now face forward instead of one down and the other off to the side..LOL

The diva night sounds like so much fun!  The first massage I had after the TT was a chair massage.  You know the funny chair where you are kind of kneeling and your face is in the face rest.  It felt wonderful.    But the facial and foot rub sounds amazing too.  Have fun and relax.  Can't wait to hear how that goes.
k so wed will be 3 weeks post op and here was I'm noticing. That odd numb sensation around the middle of my tummy is definitely lessened however my scar has more fluid around it (when I touch it quickly it jiggles) and below the scar is getting darker. I'm massaging about 3 times a day and still wearing my binder religiously.
I also notice that my breast are swollen in the inside (the cleavage part) and not on the arm sides so they look lopsided. still feel great but would like some input to put my mind at rest
thanks ;)
You should contact your doctor vs. asking on this board if you are concerned. :) I hope there's nothing wrong!
oh I don't think anything is necessarily really wrong, just wanted to share my progress and wondered if anyone recalls going thru the same. i'm sure all sorts of different stages are ahead of me.
But I may consider your advice and call tomorrow to hear what he has to say
thanks

It is definitely worth a trip to your doctor to make sure that you don't have any fluid build up in the tummy.
yes I called the office yesterday and they suggested that I come in and they extract the fluid by needle. That's happening this afternoon. But she sis assure me that it is very common and that my body would rid of the fluid eventually.

Yes I hear that is a very common issue.  At any rate you will feel better getting it all drained.   You will no longer have to feel like you have a water bed on your tummy.
that was my analogy too a water bed! anyways, I went yesterday and unfortunately she wasn't able to remove any of the fluids because it wasn't "pooled" enough, when a lay down I guess the fluid dispurse so there's not enough pooled in one place to rid of it. Oh well she tried and then said that it will eventually go away.
I also asked about my breasts and the shape, again she said it was normal and that the upwards incision is whats causing the shaping, once that softens the breast will take shape again. I have to really massage them....exciting! lol
Otherwise I feel fabulous, she also said I can start wearing spanx and the like in rotation with the binder too. This weekend I'm having a diva night with my girlfirends and having a mobile spa come to the house and pamper us. I thought it would be too early for a back massage as I don't think I could take the pressure lying on my tummy so I booked a facial and foot rub instead. can't wait!
I used Neosporin for the first week as my PS said to, then started with the oil and lotion on day 8. I did use some gauze strips to help with the rubbing when I started to wear clothes/underwear that rubbed.
I used Vitamin E oil and Palmer's Cocoa butter with Vitamin E from week 2-present. :) Also, rub the cocoa butter all over your tummy and back to get all the excess fluid out.
thanks ;)
I get anxious that my incision will get infected now that it's raw but I guess the only way to desensitize it is to expose it. I do notice some raw & red spots that I'm watching like a hawk, most likely normal and doctor is not concerned but still get nervous. I noticed also the fluid collecting around incision as well, so thanks for the tips to rub out the excess.
still feeling great. no regrets. walking at full pace and fully erect. progressing very well. all dressing including tape is gone fully exposed incisions. Starting scar therapy with massage and rotating Vit E and Bio Oil.
Please share you experiences with scar remedies, thanks!
I took my tape off about three days after the surgery, in the shower. :)
thanks for the info ;)

who is your plastic surgeon and do you recomend him or her? thank you.c.

i would be so grateful for a review on the doctor who did your surgery and if you are pleased. i want to have a adomonioplasty done in Toronto but need real recomendations for who is a masterful plastic surgeon in Toronto who does wonderful tummy tucks. thank you. Cecile

my plastics surgeon was {edited} in Burlington and yes I highly recommend him! good luck in your journey, keep me posted on what you decide!

Edited by Sharon: We've added your doctor's information to the review. Thanks!
feeling great! I go back to work tomorrow. I'm ready. I'm looking forward to having my life back to normal. Q: how long did your surgical tape stay on? they told me to let it fall off naturally but they're driving me crazy and itchy as heck. I've started showering again and putting Vit E on the scars over the tape thinking that it would absorb through. I keep my binder on pretty much 24/7 except to shower and inspect. I also have just started sleeping on my side, thank goodness I hate being restricted to one position!