Nervous About Tummy Tuck - Maryland

Hello I will have a full tummytuck on july 28. I...

hello I will have a full tummytuck on july 28. I am very nervous about the whole idea. I wish I was like others on this site and keep it myself that I am having a tt.I recieve some negative feedback than I have others who support me I have three beatuifil kids.

My auntie will have them for a whole week for me. I really do not know what to expct or what to get for my recovery I order a wedge pillow hpefully comes to day, cough drops and I bought sweats pants and advice will be highly appreicate. I am nery nervous of being put to sleep and I am scared of the pain that comes from the tt. but I hate my stomach so much. I have a huge tummy.

Realselfpl pray for me. I hope my results look amazine( I am scared that my tummy is to big for a great outcome but is desprated)

Today is my big day. I can not sleep, it is 7 am...

today is my big day. I can not sleep, it is 7 am and I have to be there at 10:45 am. I am going to go to walmart in a hour to buy a pair a pj. the sweats pants I had bought may not be loose enough. My wedge pillow did not come yet so I will also buy a few extra pillow from walmart also. I hope when I come home my pillow will be at my door. I am so nervous at this point. My heart feel like it about to drop as if I was on a wide ride from six flags or something. ugggggggh so scared right now but I am about to get dress and go to walmart. ttyl and will update as soon as I can. thanks for all the support.

I did it and Ilove my results already and I am...

I did it and Ilove my results already and I am swollen. I do not have to wear a binder which I am glad about because I am really soar although I do have one. when I woke up from the procedure I was in excruting pain they give me some sort of medincine in my iv every ten min untl the pain was managable.I am still very swollen. My pain med is doing it job, howerver I still feel some pain. I have not pass any gas since wednesday in today is friday. do any one have any suggestion. I will post pic soon,

Okay I am getting very nerous because, I am not...

Okay I am getting very nerous because, I am not completly flat yet and I am not sure if this is my finial result. I am now 9 days post opt. I still hve some thickness. I mean my tummy is still way smaller than what is was but I want it to be smaller than what it is now. I did not get lipo so that my be the case also. I am doing much better as to pain however I do have one drain in the first one was remove tuesday.If any advice on what to eat or how to loose more weight would be greatly appreaciate.

hey how is the flat tummy going...post your after pic's when you get time.I saw my PS on Mon and we talked about everything. He will fix the stuff I don't like when I am doing my girls next year after god.My tummy is going down I keep my compression garment on all the time and as it get room in it I Buy the size down so it keeps my tummy tight.I will continue to do this till all my swelling is gone, my PS cleared me for the treadmill and a light workout no sit-ups yet he said in the middle of Dec I can do that. As the saying goes slow and steady wins the race.
Was wondering where you went.
Hang in here, your swelling could last for weeks/months. It takes a long time to heal and to look flatter and normal. Just eat a healthy diet with plenty of fruits, veggies, lean protein and whole grains. Count your calories...that is a biggie for me! Oh yes and drink plenty of water and watch your sodium intake. Sodium is the worst thing in the world for my body. My ankles and hands swell when I take in larger amounts of sodium. Not easy I know but so worth it. Walking is good to get your metabolism moving. I am four months post OP and still have swelling every afternoon. I look like I have a tire around my middle by about 2:00 every day. It is very strange feeling. Keep your chin up and just take it a day at a time.
thank you so much.I really do need to watch my intake. I want to loose weight, when I go to the market this week I am going to buy fruit and veggie and just eat that my weight goes up and down really annoying.My tummy does not look like no one results on this site which is really depression my ps told me to give it a month but I still have alot of thickness all I can do is pray and wait.
No doubt this is a hard and long process but you can do it! Just take it one day and one hour at a time.
Hey kittyI had my surgery on the 28th of july as well.Don't get discouraged our bodies have been through a whole heck of a lot.I still have 1 drain in and it is putting out a lot.I had lipo of hips and back with TT.I am swollen,bruised,and numb.The concensus is just give it time.Sooo as anxious as we are to see the end results we have to wait but our bodies is doing exactly what its suppose to do.Keep posting and pix if you can so our journey won't be alone Hotbutta
I had my tt on Jul 26th, I like most of you, was super nervous & scared. I didn't tell anyone other than my hubby and my sisters. I've kept it from all my friends cuz i didnt want to with all w/the comments (good or bad.) I figured once it's all said and done and im' happy with the results, the rest is left to be unsaid cuz i wouldnt'care what people say :-) So hang in there! you'll do fine and be so happy w/your results! This site is the BEST! it'll give you all the support & comfort you need and you dont even have to tell any of your friends!
I'm glad to hear you are doing well!!! I am scheduled for Aug 31st and have mixed feeling on it also. Happy to finally get it done. But nervous at the same time. I would love to see pics. Take care sweetie!!!
Glad to hear you are doing well! Congratulations and take care.
I am so happy evrything went smoothly for you. I was reading your page and sounds like I am going through the same exact thing. Non supportive sisters, and I am plain SCARED to _____.
Had my surgery yesterday stayed overnite got home this morning.Was not in a lot of pain at all so far.have not seen tummy but feels really different.Swollen in back and hips.taking darvcet at home.I will post pix soon.Erething went very smoothly no obstacles got in the way.Thank you God.Can't wait to see the results:0)
i think you will look amazing ,could i know the name of your doctor ?

I'll be thinking of you!

Hi Kitty 3 I to am having my surgery july 28.Talk about nervous my blood pressure shot up to 180/112 today when I went for my pre op I am still exited and anxious I know all will flow well.Keep me in your prayers and I will be praying fo you.I am havin a TT and Lipo.I bought maxi dresses for going out and loungwear for the house.I have a body pillow to use on the recliner.whatever I did not get my husband will get it for me.Good luck ttyl
I will keep you in my prayers this morning. yayyyy us for making a change!!!!!!!!!
Don't worry about what people say! They are envious.....when I told my sister she made the comment "why don't you lose weight first!" My response to that was I sit with my gut in my lap all day, I can't see my butt! But she was right here helping me post op. I don't know what I would have done without her. She was a big help as my husband squirmed when the nurse said he would have to strip my drains...The rest of my family was very supportive, I was not going to tell my mom I was going to tell her I was having hernia surgery, but decided to tell her and she said "Good for you" But I can see that co-workers kinda give me a look every now and then, but I am so proud of my flat stomach that I could care less what anyone says. It was the best thing I could ever have spent my stash on!!
HAIL.. HAIL.. THE GANG'S ALL HERE!! WHAT THE HELL DO WE CARE!! WHAT THE HELL DO WE CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK!! WE TUMMY TUCKERS DON'T CARE... DO WE? Kitty, don't worry about what those non-supportive people are saying... You just concentrate on you and your BIG DAY TT...and on your healing afterwards...THATS ALL!! This is about you... NOT THEM!! I'll be thinking of you tommorrow, and you're gonna LOVE your new tummy! Wishing you all the best, and I raise my glass to your new flat tummy too!! Robin
hey, stay strong the people around u seem to always be negative when someone makes big changes in their lives. I dropped 57lbs and my friends made negative comments Thu my whole weight loss. Now I'm getting a extended tummy tuck on 11 Aug and I'm still getting negative comments but I'm too strong to let anyone keep me from my goal. I'm 113lb and 14% body fat with a lot of skin. I can't weight for the tummy tuck. U don't need good luck. I'll just toast your flat stomach
when I read this it put a big smile on my face and made me laugh when u said I just made a toast to ur flat stomach I know that right!! thanks so much. I wish ypu thebest for ur upcoming tummy tuck
I agree with smalls. People seem to be negative so just focus on you and what makes you happy. You deserve this and should do this for yourself. It will be great! I found the same responses from people after I lost the weight and was getting healthy and happy. People get jealous and petty.

Good luck tomorrow!

Stay positive and take your pain meds. You will do wonderful! It is normal to be nervous before surgery but they will take good care of you. When you get home make sure you rest, eat healthy, drink your fluids and know it will get better each day. Keep us up to date on your progress. Best Wishes!
hello thanks for the advice. I read ur profile and u advise people to take mom.what exactley is that
Milk of Magnesia. Get one of the flavors...not the regular because that taste like something really horrible.