Tummy Tuck with MR/ Removed Vertical Incision - Flowood, MS

I had to have my ovary removed, I have had about 6...

I had to have my ovary removed, I have had about 6 abdominal surgeries through a vertical scar I had since I was sixteen (emergency surgery). After asking my OBGYN about it I decided to check into a TT so I could get the old scar removed along with the surgery I was already having.

It worked out very well. I am six weeks post op today. I would have to say out of all of my abdominal surgeries this was the least painful...not what i expected! I figured being stapled up from c-sections, my hysterectomy and other procedures on that old scar would have been easier than this but I was wrong. The pain level to me was very low, the biggest difference however is the long restricted recovery.

I was back into physical activity much quicker with the other procedures. Although the pain is less it is uncomfortable and it is hard for me to be so restricted from things like lifting, working out and the swelling bugs me.

Would I do it agian? YES, YES, and YES. I know I have to wait to go back to the gym and I am tired of wearing a binder and felling uncomfortable but my tummy looks so good. I had what looked like a butt  on my belly for over half of my life and now I have a nice, flat tummy with no crack!

It was worth the time, money and recovery period and I am so happy I did this. I am looking forward to the long term results after I completely heal.

Photo Update

Jackson Plastic Surgeon

He has the reputation for being the best in this area. I checked him out because of that and he lived up to it in my opinion.I had a long vertical scar, he was honest in how he would fix it and I was just left with a very tiny portion of it below the panty line.

I was told he will do the lipo and fix the loose skin where the dogear is for free. (thank God)
Angela, I am going through the same thing, but I have to wait until August before ps will decide how to fix me. I probably won't get my sx until December. Do you have to pay anymore. I do b/c I also want lipo of the flanks and upper back.
I am not sure about how much he removed...been meaning to ask! I do have to have a revision on July 8th. He said he needs to do a little lipo on my lower ab where some fat moved down during surgery and fix a small dog ear on the left side. I am really excited about the overall result! I am so glad I did this. You are six weeks? do you have photo's up?
Is your touchup work going to be at your doc's office or do you have to go to a surgery center again? Just curious. I'm 7 weeks out and no, I didn't post pics. I didn't think to take before pics. I wish I had. I feel like my lower ab/pubic area is still hard and swollen - but not like it was. At what point did yours feel normal?? By the way, how long did you wear your binder or other compression garments?
He is doing it at his office where he now has a surgical suite. I will just be getting local anesthesia so I will be awake. i had to wear the binder for 6 weeks straight only removing it to shower. Then for the day only and taking it off for another week and then out of it completely by seven weeks. I still used it when I exercised for another two weeks after that. My fat pad still pokes over and I am numb so it still does not feel normal. I am still swelling off and on but not nearly as bad as before. Overall I feel totally normal now at five months except my tummy is still numb in the middle.
Yeah, the swelling is bad and very uncomfortable. I keep telling myself, "It'll be well worth it in the end!" I am 6 weeks out. I still have little uneven spots on my upper belly. I'm hoping they will subside and be really smooth eventually. I don't notice any on you. How long does it take to go away? How much fat did your ps remove?
OMG!! You look awesome. There's been a lot of progress. Isn't it exciting?? :)
I actually was bigger with the swelling. I am finally at four months back in my regular clothes! I think when you are larger to start you come out smaller. When you are smaller you end up bigger if you swell. I put up some new photos for my four month mark' I do have a fat pad on my lower abs they will lipo in the fall but overall I am really happy with the results and am very happy I did it.
Actually I have just gotten back into a size 6 comfortably, I was a four-six to start with. I think I was swelling a lot and it kept a fullness in my tummy. I now am about 132 lbs. I was 129 after the surgery.I eat well and work out everyday.I also have a small fat pad from the upper abs that pulled down to my lower abs with the surgery. The PS is going to lipo that off in the fall. I feel like at that point I should be my regular size again. I think when people are really big it is drastic and they are smaller even with the swelling as to where we may be our ideal weight so the swelling makes you bigger for awhile. All and all I love it! Looks and feels so much better. I am going to add a new photo of now so maybe you can see the fat pad.
*Angeella* Your photos show promising results. You go, Girl! ;) You and I have the same basic shape. Have you changed sizes in your clothes? If so, how? Did you lose weight from pre-op til now? Good luck!
Thanks! I hope you work it out, I am so glad I did. I would nt trade the scar, it saved me but I was so glad to see it gone. If you have been through that kind of surgery you can smooth handle this!Its more uncomfortable than painful. I would rather have pain on the front end and less of this swelling but overall I would not take it back once it is totaly healed it will be exactly what I wanted.
Thanks so much for telling your story, I have been researching having this done for a while, I had breast aug. last year and now want to have a tuck, I have a similar scar on my abdomen from a procedure I had to remave part of my intestine several years back, although the procedure saved my life I hate the scar it left me with!!! It was nice to see how yours is GONE ,it makes me want to get this done even more!!!
I made it out of my binder about a week ago but I wear it to the gym. What did you PS say? Mine said stay in it for six weeks, no breaks except showering. Then I wore it during the day but not at night for another week. At 7 weeks he wanted me out of it. It took a few days but I did it! Now I notice the swelling really isnt any worse without it. I am flat in the morning and swollen by the end of my work day. By week seven I noticed its getting a litte better everyday.I have finally stopped burning. I never tried ice or heat, I get icked out by the numbness so putting hot or cold on it would make it feel odd to me!
I am 2 months and 2 weeks out now. It is getting better. Stilla little swelling under the bb but that can last for a few more months. The pain is gone, just the strange numbness and occasional tug. I am back in the gym and am half way back to my normal weight lifting routine, can do any cardio all day long, no problems. I am so happy I did this and again, the long uncomfortable but not to terribly painful recovery is worth it!
hi, im 5 weeks, and having lots of swelling, was wondering if anyone uses hot or cold packs. I'm 2 - 3 inches bigger after my day at work. I wear a girdle to work and than my ugly and uncomfortable binder when i get home til morning. Anyone know whats best?? Are u still wearing your binder? Your pics look great.
Just to anyone who wants to know. I am 8 weeks post op today and am swelling a good bit. I am supposed to be out of my binder now but without it I really swell. I was hoping I would not go through it but apparently it did not bypass me! Yes I would still do it again, I knew this could happen and does for most people. I will just have to wait it out.
Mommy23, I know everyone heals different but I have to tell you compared to a section the pain level is low. Now the nuisance factor is high! It just involves a lot of inactivity in the front end. The pain isn't like aggghhh it hurts so bad I can't stand it. It is more like this burns, that pinches and why am I swelling when I am supposed to be flat!I was back at work in two weeks, doing light cardio by four weeks and am supposed to be released back into real life at 12 weeks if all goes well.Patience is key with this surgery but I just know in the end it will be so worth it because it already looks so much better. I had a pre-op visit at the third day (got one drain out), the 9th day (got the second drain out), 2 weeks post op, 6 weeks and I am supposed to go back at the 12 week mark.Price I know is a big part of it, I had a croaking IRA I just used, I will suffer the tax consequences but figure this is worth it to me. Sandra254: My Dr. number is 601-939-9778 I love him, he is really nice and patient. He was good about explaining the result I would have and I knew on the front end the incision would be slightly higher and why, he did his very best to make sure he got all of the vertical incision he could possibly get. I understand about hating that scar... I don't care if I ever wear a bikini, I just wanted the scar gone!
Hi can you please give me the phone number to the dr that peformed your procedure, it looks really great. I have the same scar due to a c-section and I absolutely hate it
I think you can find a fair price surgeon in the North Bay. Try Dr. M. Delgado in Novato, CA
I also have my panties down kinda low in this photo, it is higher for sure than many but I think it looks a lot higher the way I took the photo! I may put another on in this weekend that really depicts the actual placement of the incision.
oh... I see, Well you look great! The reason why I asked was because I would like to re-use the same old incision from my C-section(which was done 16 yrs.ago.) It was a emergency c-section...so the scar kinda looks like Frankenstien got ahold of me and its really embarressing(along with the belly fat) to wear any type of low cut clothing. I live in Northern,California.So the price for any type of surgery is astronomical!! So, I am kinda looking outside of California but then.... there is the healing process. How many times have you visited with your Dr. since the surgery? (I'm tryiny to do the pro's and con's of an out of state procedure.)
My scar is higher because I am long in the torso, didnt have a lot of skin above the navel to pull down and for him to get all but the small portion below my pantie line of the old scar, I had to accept a higher scar. For me it is okay, the other option was a vertical scar. The cost was lower due to the fact I had another procedure at the same time (my ovary removed). I paid an extra 1400.00 to the hospital, 573.00 to the anesthesiologist and 3000.00 to the surgeon. Although I am thinking that the overall cost of these procedures may be lower in the south or at least in my area.
Hello there, I have acouple of questions for you. 1.Why does your incision look so high up, is it because of your past surgeries?(will it go away?) 2. Are you serious about the cost? (if so, what state/town are you in cause I need to fly down there!lol)
Thank you so much for posting your story!