My experience is similar to many others--pregnancy...

My experience is similar to many others--pregnancy destroyed my stomach! I have 3 children ages 5, 3, and 1. They were all very large babies when they were born, the largest was 10 1/2 pounds. I was diagnosed with diastis recti after my second child and it just got worse after my last. I also have some stretch marks but those don't bother me as much as my bulging stomach that I try to hide by wearing my spanx every day and constantly sucking in my stomach. Just the other day I was asked if I was pregnant. That told me that I am for sure doing the right thing by getting a tummy tuck! I am thin and really don't have much fat on my body. I'm 5'8" and weigh 125 pounds, so I can't lose any more weight. I just need to get my stomach muscles fixed!

So I paid for everything yesterday. Nice to get that taken care of. I still need to pick up my prescriptions and get food made. My parents will be taking the kids for the week.

One thing I'm worried about is that I'm having the surgery done 3 hours from where I live so I hope I won't need to go back for any unexpected complications! I'm just really hoping for a smooth recovery. I know if things don't go so well right away my husband will be like, "I told you you shouldn't have done this." He doesn't think I need it, but he isn't the one living with my stomach! It's frustrating not having people support you and believe that you can make good choices for yourself!

Well 2 weeks from now it will all be done! Can't wait to get it over with!

I'm from california I have 4 girls all C-section a 21,10,8 and a 4 year old and I am 5'2 at 129 lbs, 40 year old and I felt good but that tummy was a killer It just made me feel sooo down everytime I would look at my self I just hated that part of my self after making sure I wasn't having any more kids I said to my self OK that is it now its my turn to just get my body back and I feel great I had my TT on Mar.16 2011 and I love it. I didn't feel a thing, thank God for the pain pump ask for it. I was up and walking almost the same day like 3 hrs after slowly but I was like this is nothing. We drove 3 hrs from Hollywood to Rosamond ca even traffic was fine and I call my parents right after I was on the road they were like did you just had surgery I was like mom I just can't walk strait but I feel super good yes I had some meds but I just keep my self positive I will have my body back YES and thats how I got all the way to today now its like WOW people look at me and there like youlook so good and even I get the your a Sexy Mom so girls stay positive drink alot of water that just help on your recovery and after Just call your self Sexy Moma....:-)_
you had your tt on the same day as me. enjoy your life. regards from another yummy mummy
thanks I am enjoy every minute of it. My Dr. did a beautiful job and now Its a new begging for me with 4 kids and my husband It's a new look and I love it. Stay always positive it works....:-)

10 days till surgery! I think I'm in denial...

10 days till surgery! I think I'm in denial more than anything that it's actually going to happen. I'm so hoping I have a fast and smooth recovery because I want to enjoy the rest of the summer with my kids!

I'm adding new pictures. I bought this shirt after I decided I was getting a tummy tuck--can't wait to wear it with my new tummy. It's definitely not something I could wear now and feel comfortable!
Ten days...I'm in denial too! My husband looked at me as though I was nuts when I asked him if I should cancel it today! After all the time I have spent researching and talking about it, well...I've invested countless of hours. Not to mention the actual cost!
How much are you paying for your TT ? Im scared and I have not even schedualed an app. I dont know if I should do it or if its worth it :( . Dont know what to do.
Hi, Salinas! I'm in TX and paid $12k for TT and BA. Keep doing your research and go with your gut. If you reach the next stage, move on to researching surgeons. Take your time and wait until your 100% confident it's the right thing for you. Remember, it's major surgery (depending on what you go with) and although some people bounce back sooner than others, the recovery period can (seem :) long and difficult. Good luck to you!

I had my pre-op appointment this morning and...

I had my pre-op appointment this morning and picked up my prescriptions! I can't believe this is really happening!!!

So my parents were planning on watching our kids...

So my parents were planning on watching our kids for a week after my surgery. But now they might not be able to. My sister had surgery last week and is having complications so she is still in the hospital and they don't know when she's getting out. My mom is with her down in Wichita (i'm in MN) so she isn't sure if she'll even be back by the time I have surgery. My main concern is that my sis gets better. But not having someone to help with my kids after my surgery is going to be really tough. I'm just trying to think positively that she will get better real soon!!!
I did the same with the second guessing...and then remembered all the b*tching I did about my stomach sticking out, etc and figured I may as well stick with my original plan. :)

Yes, am starting to feel more and more like my old self. Today was pretty busy and I'm swollen tonight, but it was worth it since I got to be normal again. I had another follow up visit at the ps today to get my other drain out. Then, my 2 girls and I went to the grocery store and they helped me out so I didn't have to lift anything. I also made dinner. Then, tonight, we all went to a birthday party in the neighborhood. By the end of it all, I really needed to come home and rest. :)
hi firefly ten days op for me today walking straight now. strated to sleep on my side last night but still having a lot of pulling in my belly button it does not feels right yet still red.
what about you how are you feeling?
You are so brave God bless you all women out there for having a TT. Im still looking for a surgeon. :)
I hope that you recover soon wiyhout any setbacks. Best of luck take care.

6 more days and I'm feeling really nervous and...

6 more days and I'm feeling really nervous and anxious about the whole thing. My plan for my kids fell through so I had to ask my mother-in-law if she can watch them. I feel bad asking her because she lives very close to us so she watches them quite a bit already. But she said she can so that was nice. My parents will be able to take them a few days later.

Ok, things I'm nervous about: 1. not waking up or having something go really wrong with the surgery. I'm sure EVERYONE worries about this. I just can't wait till I wake up from surgery so I can think to myself, "I'm alive!!!"

2. having lots of complications afterwards. My doctor is 3 hours away so I dont want to have to be driving to see him more than the regularly scheduled check-ups! Also, I want to spend the summer having fun with my kids, not being sick.

3. not being able to lift my little boy (he's only 1). How soon do you guys think I'll be able to lift him in and out of the crib?

4. and my husband not helping me with things. He's not supportive of this at all. He will barely talk to me about any of it. I know I will probably be an emotional mess after this is over and I will not handle him being a jerk well at all!!! We'll see, maybe he'll surprise me. I think he's just nervous about it as well.

I decided not to take the Arnica Montana. We don't have a health food store around here so I couldn't find any. From what I've read there's no proof it really works anyway. For those of you who have used it, do you think it works or not? I have been forcing myself to drink more water (I'm not a water drinker at all!) and I've been eating lots of pineapple and lots of lean protein.

Our family has a big wedding this weekend so I'm sure time will fly, which is good!!!

Please send positive vibes this way! Thanks ladies, I love reading about all your experiences. They have helped me so much!
You had many of the same worries that I did as well, though my husband was extremely supportive.

To answer some of these....
1. Yes, I was extremely nervous about not waking up after surgery. However, a friend of mine said "You won't even know if you don't wake up, so why worry about it?" It made me laugh so thought I would share.

2. Complications - I worried about these but knew I was healthy and I trusted that my ps would do everything he could to ensure that there weren't any.

3. Lifting little ones. My youngest is 2 1/2. I was sad that I wouldn't be able to lift him. Today, I did a bad, bad thing and did carry him at his request for a minute or two. I tried to use my arm strength instead of any stomach muscles which was virtually impossible. He weighs 35 pounds though.

I would think lifting out of the crib would NOT be a good thing though until at least 10-14 days (and even then I wouldn't necessarily recommend it). I am having no pain at all anymore...not in my incision OR my muscle repair. All is good and I hope it goes as smoothly for you.

4. I hope your husband is just worried for you and is more supportive afterwards. I can tell you that he will likely not be able to keep his hands off you.

I did not take the Arnica either. I talked to my ps about this and he said there was no proof that it helped but I could try it if I wanted to. I didn't try it and did great anyway.

Have fun at the wedding this weekend! Hope this helps!
Thank you for all the great information, i guess that its normal to feel scared and anxious. Thank you again and God bless you.I hope that you recover soon.:)
I am really worried about all of the same things that you are! Except that my husband is very supportive, thank goodness. I hope yours will come around.

I am curious the responses about when we can pick up the babies/little ones, get them in and out of the crib, etc. Anyone have experience with this? What about laying on our side? At what point is that a possiblity?!

The wedding weekend is over and I'm sooo...

The wedding weekend is over and I'm sooo tired! I'm so happy I have tomorrow to get some cleaning done, grocery shop, and spend one last day with the kids before my husband and I take off tomorrow night. I'm starting to get the awful feeling of "what have I gotten myself into." My sister is having more complications with her surgery so my parents for sure won't be able to help out at all.

I'll probably update again tomorrow before we go and then on Wednesday after we get home with my new, flat tummy!!!

So for the past 2 days I've had a sore throat...

So for the past 2 days I've had a sore throat that is slowly getting worse. It is not something I would normally go into the doctor for, but is that a reason for my ps to reschedule my surgery? They didn't tell me what to do if I get sick. We'll see how I feel tomorrow and maybe I'll call. My husband is just getting over a really bad head cold that started with sore throat so I'm afraid I'm getting what he had.
Thank you for your comment .It makes me feel better . How old are your kids? Were you afraid of leaving them, if something happened to you . That is my biggest worry . Thank you again. :)
Hello, I have been on this site for a while and never posted my concerns nor comments, and I'm now six days post op. For me my biggest fear was not waking up, and second complications during surgery,so I had to respond to you just to say it will be ok. The doctor said to me I going to start a med in your IV, next they were saying LaTia its time to wake up you have been in the recovery room for 45mins and everything went well. Oh yeah, Arnica Montana seems to be working for me so try Amazon... I went there to read reviews on it. Everything will be ok. Luck is already with you!

Ok ladies, tomorrow at this time it will all be...

Ok ladies, tomorrow at this time it will all be over! My husband and I just dropped our kids off at his parents' house. I got the house cleaned today and bought some groceries. I still need to finish packing and then get some fruit cut up and washed for when i get home.

I called the doctor's office about my sore throat today and the receptionist said they call in a prescription for an antibiotic, but I turned it down cuz I really don't think it would do any good for a sore throat when I have no other symptoms.

Let's see...what else? I don't know what to wear tomorrow. I don't have anything besides a hoodie that zips and that will be way too hot and I don't want to wear like a dressy button down shirt. I guess I should have done a little shopping.

Please pray for me tomorrow!!! My surgery is at 11:30 central time. Thank you soooo much and I can't wait to let you know how everything goes!
Our day is here! Good luck and may God be with us four. I am going in at 10 a.m.
My surgery was 4 hours because I had the TT, he muscle repair and a breast lift. I'm now 6 months post op. I'm still numb a little bit where the TT was done. I'm happy it's all over and the worry is gone but I'm loving my new body, minus the scars but well worth it! Good luck tomorrow, all will go well :)
Best of luck. God bless you and may he take care of you. :)

I made it!!! One of the first thoughts I had was...

I made it!!! One of the first thoughts I had was "I'm still alive." I'm very grateful everything went smoothly. This morning we got checked in, he drew some lines on me, and then I went to sleep at 11:45 am. The surgery lasted one and half hours. I was in recovery for an hour and we left the hospital at 3:45. I was sooo sleepy and just a little nauseous. I didn't puke at the hospital but I thought I was going to when I started getting dressed. I just let out a few big burps and felt much better!! The drive to my cousin's was okay--about half an hour. Since then I've been resting, getting up and walking around, eating some, and watching a movie. So far to eat I've had 2 pieces of toast, some fruit, and some ice cream. Everything has tasted good! I cannot stand up straight--that is very annoying. I have to say the pain is a little better than what I expected. On a scale of 1-10 I'd probably give it a 3 or 4. not too bad. So far the whole experience has gone better than I thought. My husband has been taking wonderful care of me too! I think he was so nervous about the whole thing and now he's relieved it's over. So am I! Thanks everyone for thinking of me!
Good to hear from you! I did well today as well but now I am suffering from horrible gas! Burp-o-Rama! That's my main pain for gods sake.
hg.girl. What are you eating? Stay away from frozen meals, even the lean-cuisine ones.....cause ALOT of gas.
Yeah, me too! Why are we so gassy??? I've been taking gas-x. I think it helps a little.

Day 1 post-op: I slept pretty well last night. The...

Day 1 post-op: I slept pretty well last night. The percoset knocked me out. I'm just taking ibuprofen now. I'm having a lot of gas pain and it's hard to get comfortable on the couch. But once I'm laying down and can relax the pain isn't too bad. I'm trying to walk as much as I can so I'm not so hunched over. I had my check-up this morning and she showed me how to clean my belly button and where my drain tube comes out. I saw my tummy and it looks really good!
I smiled when I saw you updated your profile. I was so worried about you(not that I had a reason to be),however I knew how scared you were. Anyhow, under two hours; that rocks! I was told I was in the operating room well over four hours. Plus my doc has his patients to stay over night. fyi- Salt will make you swell more so try to eat things low in sodium. You want to try to eat stuff thats high in iron;strawberries has work for me. Also try to take small walks around the house that last not more than 5-8 min once an hour. I told if you lay around to much you can get blood clots in your legs which can spread to your heart and be very dangers. If he give you the TED HOSE besure to keep them on for the next few days, as these can help in preventing the blood clots. Sorry for sounding like your doc but these things has work for me. (9days PO).
Yep, I've got my TED stockings on and am trying to take little walks around the house every hour or so. My back is already starting to hurt and my stomach is full of gas. It feels so good to burp!! So those 2 things are the worst parts so far. Thanks for all the tips and for thinking of me!!!

2 day post-op: I took my first shower. I had my...

2 day post-op: I took my first shower. I had my husband in there with me holding my drain. I was nervous about taking the binder off and how the water would feel on my stomach. I also didn't want to wash my stomach because I didn't want to touch it. Ewww! It's so gross how numb it is. But anyway, everything went fine. I'm definitely moving around a lot better today than yesterday, still really tired. I had my hubby take some pics--he's not the best photographer but I'll put one up so you can at least get an idea!
I keep checking back for a post op pic...Can't wait to see your results!
Thanks! Maybe tonight when my husband is home from work he can take a couple pics and I'll get them posted right away.
I was wondering if you'd have a little vertical incision...Wow, what a nice job your PS did! I bet that shirt is gonna look amazing on that flat tummy!

Day 3 post-op: Feeling good today! I slept great...

Day 3 post-op: Feeling good today! I slept great last night on the couch. I only woke up once to take my pain medication. Then I slept in until 9:00. I am standing a bit straighter today and i'm not so sore when I move around. My biggest complaint is feeling dizzy from the pain pills so I'm going to be all done taking those now! I made some lunch for my husband and I. This afternoon I plan on updating my kids' baby books and getting them organized. One question for you all--when did you start driving after your tummy tucks?
Congrats on the new you! You look amazing so soon out of surgery! To answer your question about driving, doc told me once I was off pain meds, for me I was off meds 4 days post off, drove to work for the first time 8 days post. Happy healing! And do take it easy, your body needs it!
fantastic result!!
Great results so far & it is only going to get better with time!!

Day 4 post-op: Pain is not bad today. I quit...

Day 4 post-op: Pain is not bad today. I quit taking my muscle relaxer and pain medication because it was making me dizzy. I'm just going to switch between ibuprofen and tylenol and see how that goes. I feel out of breath easily and it's hard to take deep breaths. I started rubbing lotion on my tummy and I hate it! It's so weird how numb it is. The worst part about today is that my whole family is going to the lake and I have to stay home alone :(
Try to get used to the numbness cause it lasts a loooong time! I've just been thinking lately how it's just starting to bug me. I never know how hard to scratch when I have an itch because it's all numb. What's strange is how I can have an itch in an area which is numb. BTW, I'm 7 months post op.
I hate the numbness too, it freaks me out! Your new tummy looks good though!!
So glad to hear your surgery went well and that your recovery is going well, too!!! Your post-op picture looks amazing!!!! What an incredible result! :)

Day 5--I have been so happy with how my recovery...

Day 5--I have been so happy with how my recovery has been going, way better than I was expecting! I was gone all day long today--went to the lake--and it was great to be outside and around people again! Of course I took it easy, just sat in a lawn chair and laid down for a little bit in the camper, but still!!! I am now home and ready for bed and feeling pretty swollen. I'm hoping to sleep in tomorrow and hopefully tomorrow will be even better than today!
Way to go on getting the tummy tuck. You are so tiny and your going to be so happy you did this I think. I had a 10 pounder too and my stomach muscles bulged a lot as well so I had the repair done too. I am only 17 days post op so I still have a lot of swelling and dont see the results I want yet. I know I have to be patient to get there. I'm waiting on the 6 month mark to really see the results I am hoping for. All the best as you continue to recover. It gets better all the time. :-)
Thank you!

Day 6--I woke up feeling great but had a busy day...

Day 6--I woke up feeling great but had a busy day so now I'm feeling more swollen and tight. But still no pain so all's okay! I drove 3 hours today and also got some groceries at Walmart. I feel so happy about getting back to my normal life so soon! I've taken nothing for pain today and will finish my antibiotics tomorrow. At this point if you are someone thinking about getting a tt and are healthy, thin, and young and have a great doctor I would say go for it and don't worry! For me, it's been a lot easier than I thought and I spent so much time worrying for nothing. I will put up my one week photo tomorrow. I will be happy to answer any specific questions.

One week--just added photos

One week--just added photos
Looks fantastic! Congrats!!
I hear ya! I am still really swollen and it's hard to stand up too straight because of feeling so tight. We will get there yet missy! :-) It's exciting to see things change bit by bit. I'm so happy for you!
OH wow, you look so great! Hope you are feeling GREAT!! :-)

Day 10--Got my drain out yesterday. It felt really...

Day 10--Got my drain out yesterday. It felt really gross and hurt just a little but it only lasted like 2 seconds so it wasn't that big of a deal. I slept in a bed for the first time last night and slept pretty good. I still have a little swelling, but not too bad. I'm pretty much back to my normal life and very happy with things so far!

Congrats, Greengirl32 - you rock!
No I didnot get any message from you. But best of luck to you .God bless you hope that everything goes great. :)
Hey! I sent you a private message a few days ago with a few questions -- did it go through? It is hard to tell from the site, because I can't find where my sent messages are!

I am now 16 days post-op. I've felt the same for a...

I am now 16 days post-op. I've felt the same for a few days in a row. I compare it to being pregnant. I'm uncomfortable, have a hard time putting my socks on and shaving my legs, and my hips and knees hurt so bad when I'm laying in bed trying to sleep. I don't know why my hips and knees hurt so bad but my stomach doesn't??? I think I'll need to start taking some advil before bed and see if that helps. I also want to stretch SO BAD!!! Every morning when I wake up my body just wants to stretch but it hurts my stomach.

My biggest problem right now is that my husband is working a lot so I have to pick up my one year old and that makes me nervous. I don't want to ruin anything!
Hey Hey Greengirl, your photos are looking good. So pleased you are doing so well. Just read your latest update and have realised there will be up and down days. I am having a bit of a down day today but as soon as I take my pain meds, I feel better. Really not worth trying to be a hero so early after surgery and best to keep on the pain meds as prescribed at least for the first week.

I will continue to follow your posts with interest as you are only 5 days or so ahead of me so I know more or less what to expect although we are all so different and heal differently. etc.
You look amazing! Congrats!
I am so glad things are going well!

I am 3 weeks and 2 days post-op today. Things are...

I am 3 weeks and 2 days post-op today. Things are still going great with no complications so far. I slept all night long without waking up at all last night for the first time. Once in a while I'll go out without my binder on and it feels ok. The only complaint I have is that my skin is very sensitive to touch and even putting on lotion very lightly or my shirt rubbing on my stomach hurts.
Greengirl .... amazing body !!! Wow I love your shape in that pink top. YOu must be thrilled. I am busy going thru a patch of highs and lows, tummy felt really tight yesterday and getting swollen towards the end of the day but looking at your latest pics, I have hope that I will soon be looking as great as you. Our recoveries have both been pretty smooth sailing and our bodies were quite similar before the ops and I just hope that I will continue to recover well. thanks for posting. Keep well and take care x
Hi, I am from MN. and am considering having a TT with this same Dr. and I was so excited to see you used him and your results are truly amazing!!! You inspired me to call and set up my appt. which i just did LOL it is tomorrow, they had a cancellation!
Thank you! He really does do a great job. I have had such an easy recovery and am so happy with my results. As I was going into surgery one of the nurses told me that she didn't know if I had done a lot of research or if I just got lucky, but that Dr. Fasching does great tummy tucks. Good luck with your appt. When are you hoping to have your surgery?

It has been exactly one month! I still wear my...

It has been exactly one month! I still wear my binder most of the time but take it off when I'm going out in public. I tried sleeping without it a couple nights ago and felt really swollen when I woke up. For the most part I don't think I have much swelling, haven't had any complications really. I feel pretty much normal except when I have to bend over. It's been a great experience and am so happy I decided to go through with this.
You look so great! Just wanted to let you know. WEll done!
Greengirl, I just saw your pics and read your story, you look amazing and I know you must feel so good about how it all turned out. Congratulations!
hello, let me start by saying you look amazing!, how are you feeling now?, i have the same problem as you did, i am fairly on shape but my belly just pops out like i am 3 months pregnant... , I went to the surgeon i chose for my tummy tuck, but he says he will get better results if I also get lipo on my back and flanks, did you also do lipo?

Well, here I am--three months post-op already. I...

Well, here I am--three months post-op already. I am very happy with my results, but I'm not sure it's the $7,000 result I was hoping for! I'm holding out hope that it is just swelling so I'm going to give it a few more months. I know I look 100% better than before.

Things I'm happy about: I feel much more comfortable wearing clothes. I'm glad I don't have to suck in my stomach constantly. I had no complications. I haven't worn my binder since week seven and I feel completely back to normal.

Things I hope get better: I feel like my stomach still bulges out, especially later in the day. My scar is a little higher on one side. I still have lots of stretch marks below my belly button. Speaking of my belly button, it looks totally weird and unnatural. And I maybe should have had a little lipo on my love handles. But that's nothing a little exercise can't fix.

I'm trying to get back into an exercise routine so maybe that will help things get better!

The pictures I'm uploading were taken this morning and then tonight. I was hoping to be able to show the swelling I feel as the day goes on. Let me know what you think!

Overall, I'm very happy and would definitely do it all over again.
I think we are our own worst critics. I think you look fantastic!! But I am with you - for being 2 months post op, I have way more swelling (I guess that is what it is) than I ever imagined. I just hope it truly does go away within the first 6 months to a year. Still totally worth it and everything, but I just had no idea how crazy the swelling would be! Thanks for your update! :)
you look great Greengirl!! i don't think your belly button looks weird at all.
You look amazing Greengirl...congrats!

I am now about 5 months post-op and unfortunately...

I am now about 5 months post-op and unfortunately growing more and more unhappy. I do know I look better than before and am happy I had it done. It is just not the $7,000+ stomach that I was expecting. My stomach bulge keeps getting bigger--not smaller. It is not fat or skin, it is my muscles bulging out. I have not gained any weight and I am 5'8'' and weigh 125 pounds so I am not overweight at all. I feel like I need to suck in my stomach again and hide it with clothes. It sucks!!! Please look at my pics and tell me what you think. I'm not typically a complainer and I've tried to be patient and give it time in case it's "just swelling" like everyone says. Look at all my pics--aren't I getting to look more like I did before my tt, not better??
Oh sweetheart...so sorry to hear that you are having a rough time! I can see from your pictures how there is definitely a change. Do you think that there was a problem with the muscle tightening? I came across something on the Q&A board that made me thing of you >>> http://www.realself.com/question/months-after-tummy-tuck-lipo-months-pregnant
hi hun, there is no way you are going to look like you did before BUT there is definitely a difference to how you looked at 3 months. Have you spoken to your ps about this, something doesn't seem right at all. Don't get me wrong, you still look ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and nowhere near how you looked before your surgery but I can definitely see where you are coming from and it just simply isn't fair. Now I'm overweight so I can blame how I'm feeling on my weight but you simply don't have that problem and it isn't fair why you shouldn't be completely happy. Keep us updated hun and good luck. Keep your chin up though because you really do look beautiful xxx
I had muscle repair too. Melissa, no I haven't seen my GYN lately but thank you for the suggestion. She is actually a friend of mine so I'll talk to her about it.

I made an appointment with my doctor for Dec. 3. I...

I made an appointment with my doctor for Dec. 3. I did email him some pictures and he called me back and said he did agree that my stomach doesn't look as flat as it should. He said he hopes that if I just start to work out on a regular basis and get those muscles strong that they will tighten up. I'll post again after my appointment. Thank you everyone for the kind words and support!
Have you been back to doctor? What did he say?
Please come back and update. Did you see the doc who did your tt in person yet? What did he say? I hope there is a solution for you because I agree with you..your tummy is buldging too much. I know it may be difficult for you to discuss if you are unhappy but you may help someone else. Best wishes. :)
Hi, Greengirl32.

First of all, you DEFINITELY needed surgery. For anyone to say otherwise is dishonest and unsupportive. Secondly, you looked great right after the surgery. Your belly button is fine from what we can see in the pictures. But YES, now your repair isn't holding up. I don't think exercise will help at all. Are your muscles separated again? Will you please ask your doctor if he used interrupted sutures (as well as running)? How many plications did he perform - just the center, or more? It looks as if you may need mesh. There is a also a surgery called a component separation; I don't know if that would work. Please find out who does abdominal wall reconstruction in your area. If you are driving to the city, maybe you can see a few doctors in one day. It is worth the consultation fees if you're going to have surgery again. Please keep us posted on what you find out. I have a similar issue but no muscle separation. GOOD LUCK!!!

Thank you to those of you who have been thinking...

Thank you to those of you who have been thinking of me and wondering what's been going on! I did see my doctor a couple of weeks ago. He agreed that something is going on and that my stomach does not look as good as it should. He said it feels too soft and that my muscles have definitely relaxed. What he said, and I agree with him, is that since I am tall and thin, my muscles are going to be long and thin. This makes them stretch very easily. I know he did a good job with the original surgery, Everything looked great and felt tight. I also know he did do muscle repair and I can still feel that my muscles are together down the middle of my stomach. But since my muscles are thin and very weak because of large (10.5 pounds) babies, they will stretch, even after the surgery. He pulled my muscles together down the middle, which in turn pulls my obliques and makes them stretch. They have stretched because of being pulled so tight that now they are loose again! He wants me to try and tighten them up the good old fashioned way=exercise, for two months. If this does not help he said he will for sure fix me up. I'm just afraid that if he does have to do surgery again, I'll be good and tight for the first couple of months, but just because of how my body is, the muscles will just stretch and relax again. So I have been exercising my abs and running everyday. I think it might be getting a little better but it's still hard to tell at this point. I'll update again in 2 months with pictures. Thanks for all your concern!
I looked similar to you before my lift and tuck. I am soooo happy my Dr suggested putting my muscles back together. I have a huge scar but not many people see the scar and I'd rather have the scar than my stomach the way it was. You will need to decide what you want in the end but I LOVE my hard flat stomach now. It's been 2 1/2 years and the scar is more and more starting to fade but your skin is darker than mine and therefore the scar may be more prevalent with your skin. Good luck!
Hoping you were able to get your stomach flat again. At 4 months post TT, I am seeing the same thing. (10+ lb babies for me too!)
Thank you! My stomach is not perfectly flat, but for the most part I am happy with how it looks. When I look back at pictures from before my tummy tuck, I am so grateful! I still can't wear a bikini because I still have stretch mark scars under my belly button. My incision scar is thin and I really had no issues with recovery. So I would definitely do it again and I probably would go to the same doctor. Exercise really does help keep it flatter.

2 1/2 years later

My surgery was 2 1/2 years ago. The time has gone by so quickly! I'm very happy I had the surgery and would recommend it to anyone. I didn't have any major complications and I thought the recovery was easier than I was expecting. After my tt my stomach did start bulging out again and I was thinking I was going to have to have another surgery to get it fixed. Fortunately I didn't have to do that. I think with exercise, especially running, my stomach tightened up and now I'm happy with how it looks. After I eat a lot, it still does bulge out some, but I'm not constantly thinking about it like I was before. My back has a very big arch in it so that alone kind of pushes out my stomach. I still have more stretch marks than I thought I would. I was hoping I'd be able to wear bikinis again, but I still can't. I do think my doctor stretched me as much as he could and got rid of as many of the stretch marks as he could, he just couldn't get rid of all of them. I also think my belly button looks funny, but again that doesn't matter since I don't wear bikinis! So no, it's not perfect and it hasn't come easily. I've had to work for it to be flat, but it is SO much better than it was before and clothes look so much better. I'm posting some pictures...sorry they are a little crooked and out of focus. They were taken by my 6 year old!

2.5 years later pictures

Would absolutely love to see an update from your unique experience. Your b4 tummy looks very similar to mine, something I haven't found many examples of.
Hi. I hardly log into reall self anymore. Not much time to do it. I look the same as the latest pic I posted. I have not changed but I attribute it to excercising 5 days a week and watching what I eat. Too much $$$$ invested. Lol. However, it was nearly impossible to do any sit ups for over two years. It was only 5 months ago that I was able to do some -Not all tho. The inside of my tummy just makes it hard. Think I'm too tight in there. Have u had ur surgery ?
Thank you for sharing your journey I'm see it has helped so many of us I know it's has really just helped me hope and feel more assured that I will need to take it slow and hit the gym! I myself had 6 kids all big 9- 10 pound babies.... :)
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Umm...not sure anymore. My stomach is starting to bulge out like it did before. I emailed him about it and have not had a response yet. (I live 3 hours away so I can't just go see him.)