Long Time Coming - Regina, Saskatchewan

I'm a 33 years old and started my...

I'm a 33 years old and started my "Lifestyle" journey in 2003 after the birth of my 3rd child which was a C-Section. My starting weight was 220 lbs and i got as low as 130 lbs. I was working out 4 hours a day and measuring Everything I would eat. It worked for that way for awhile but I couldn't keep up with such a strict lifestyle (diet and exercise.

I went through a Divorce as well started working Full Time so i didn't have enough time to keep up with working out 4 hrs/day. I stayed around the 147-155lb mark. I still would like to get back to about 135-140lb mark.

I went to see my Doctor in 2009 to ask her how to get rid of my pooch and she said there was no way of getting rid of it unless I got a abdomnioplasty and asked if i would like to get referred. This was something i had wanted for many years. I finally was able to see the Plastic Surgeon in 2010 and got approved for the TT. I had to wait another 9 months to get the call saying my surgery was booked in 3 days. I was so excited and couldn't wait to get it over and done with. Morning of Surgery i could hardly sit still. The day had finally come.

After Surgery my Boyfriend came back to pick me up from the hospital with flowers and brought me back to his house to take care of me. My ex agreed to watch our kids for awhile so i could heal properly.

Pain from the surgery wasn't bad as long as i kept taking the meds on time. I did everything i was told to do. I am not used to keeping still so long so this was tough for me as well i hate asking for help but my boyfriend wouldn't let me get out of bed or do anything without his help.

The hardest part for me was not having a BM. I was drinking 5-6 (approx 17 oz) water bottles a day. Taking Senna pills as well as Prune Juice. I finally was able to go on my 5th day but that was very Painful.

I am now 8 days post op and moving around pretty good. Went Grocery shopping with my boyfriend and it felt good to do a fair bit of walking. I was tired when we got back to his place though. Feeling pretty swollen this evening as well.

I have seen my tummy only once 2 days ago (6 days after surgery) My drains are still in as the PS thought this was best. I get them taken out in 2 days!! I can't wait! I have decided to not go back to work for another week and just take it easy.

2 days ago i finally got my drains out and felt so...

2 days ago i finally got my drains out and felt so relieved. I can move around better and not have to clip the JP's to my jeans.

Today was the exciting day though, I finally got to shower and it felt great. I wasn't sure how much i should let the water hit my incision or if i should be rubbing my incision.

I let the incision air dry for a bit and used bio oil and massaged the incision and belly button a bit but had to put my binder on shortly after as i didn't like how it felt to sit etc without the binder.

I pick up my kids today after school to spend the eve/night with them.

I'll get my boyfriend to take pictures tonight as i'm excited to see the difference from before and now.

Yesterday I dressed up and went out with another...

Yesterday I dressed up and went out with another couple for dinner. I wore my 3 inch heels and felt great! My tummy was a bit swollen by the end of the night but was back to normal in the morning again.

Today i went to work for the first time. I was definately tired after my shift and wanted to have a nap but had to run errands after. I am finding my binder to be annoying but can't go without it for too long.

I have been putting Bio oil on my incision now for a week and it's almost done scabbing. I am still finding my belly button to be big but perhaps it's just swollen. Anyone else finding this with their belly button?

I go see my PS on Tuesday the 22nd and i'm gonna ask and see if i can start working out lightly. But i'm not sure if i'll have the energy since i'll have my kids around again and i'm working full time again. My co worker is on holidays now so i'll be running store and clinic by myself. If i can get through next week i think everything will just get easier.

I love reading and seeing everyone's progress and their stories. I wish i had known of this site before my surgery!

Photo Update

Today has been 3 weeks since i've had my...

Today has been 3 weeks since i've had my surgery!

I've worked full time for a week now and things have been going good other than i keep getting headaches. I think it's a pinched nerve in my back/neck.

I don't go see the PS for another weeks. I think everything is healing well. I still find my belly button to be too big but hoping it will change in the next few months.

I stepped on the scale today and i'm down 4 lbs. Yay! I have been given the go ahead to workout as long as it's not too much and no weights. I just don't have the energy to workout after working 8 days! Soon hopefully!

It's been 7 months since my Surgery and i'm...

It's been 7 months since my Surgery and i'm feeling great! I've gone back to see the surgeon a cpl times and had "Dog ears" removed on the right side and then had to go back to "Lower" an incision. I go back on Tuesday and see if i'm done with the procedure.

I've also just been getting back into exercise and hoping to tone up!! Getting this tummy tuck was the best decision! It's boosted my self confidence greatly.
Saskhealth

Ask your doctor because this could be approved by your local Health department and the cost could be covered.

First off, you look amazing!!!! Good for you:) Secondly I am booked in to see the same Dr and I'm wondering if I'd be able to email you with some questions? Thank you
I recently had twins and was told if I lost my baby weight gained I would be covered for a TT... I lost the weight, finally got the consultation with the surgeon in saskatoon amd she totally tried to make 13000 off my surgery. .. claimed I don't qualify for anything... just wondering what the criteria is in saskatchewan? Should I ask to see a new surgeon?
I am from saskatchewan. Lost 100lbs post pregnacy and didn't qualify. I went to Dr. Whidden in Calgary and paid $10'000 for my TT.
This is great! your hard work sure paid off!! I have lost 130 lbs and have kept it off for 2 years i go for my tummy tuck in September...and am so excited!! thanks for sharing your journey!
I have a surgery date! April 2nd! I am so excited! Laying around all day is going to be tough. I'm an at-home mom with 6 children. (4 of the 6 will be with grandma and grandpa for a week) However, I am going to love being taken care of! I just hope I'm not forgetting anything before I go in!
I loved Dr. Ghremida! I was off work for only 2 weeks but I didn't leave my bed for the first week @ all except to go to the bathroom which was only about 10 feet away so I healed up really good! My surgery was free but I had lost 90 lbs and was approved.
How did you get approved for free surgery? Who covered the cost?
Does anyone recommend a good surgeon for tummy tucks in Regina? What is the recovery time? I have a physical job and worried about going back too soon....I don't have a lot of excess skin but have the loose skin that won't go away!! How much should I expect to pay?? Thanks so much!
I believe after i seen the surgeon and they sent off the papers i knew within 3 weeks, but was told it could take a year or so till i knew of the date of surgery! It was almost a year that i got the phone call on the wed and they asked if i could come in on the friday! Good Luck Michelle!!
Do you remember how long it took for SaskHealth to approve your surgery? I go for my consult on Monday.
Ok sounds great but? Theres no mention of how you didnt pay anything? Was it due to the weight loss or multiple births, or both? Ive had 5 children and cannot for the life of ever get rid of this pouch? Grr! Im going for Breast Augmentation ( breast feeding killed my tata's) but would like to know about the abdomnioplasty. I am in Saskatoon Sk. And Ive looked high and low for possible Free' Yah know. I need to find a really good family doctor that won say "Oh nothings covered!" You look really great and have just found your story! I look forwards to hearing from you~ Thanks Buggz~
In Saskatchewan a board reviews photos and decide based on the excess skin. Some other criteria include weight loss ( more than 100 pounds) number of pregnancies (4 or more) or a multiples pregnancy.
Hey Buggz! Sorry for the late reply!! I seem to have such a busy life lately that i lose some emails! I got my tummy tuck free of charge cuz i lost 90 lbs and had 3 births. 1 was a c-section. I had a great doctor who referred me to the plastic surgeon but it was a lengthy process.. Lots has been goin on in my life lately that i've gained some weight but plan on losing it all again!! Next week i'm off to my first vacation so looking forward to some R&R and get my body refreshed again! Have you had any luck yet?
Wow!! Thanks! That would b Incredible!!
U look great by the way!!
You said ask Ur dr & cost could be covered? Are u talking about INS? & did u get urs free?
I went to my family doctor and she referred me to the Plastic Surgeon. My tummy tuck was all free and i've had a dog ear removed and the incision on my right side lowered. I'm not sure how it works in each province/country but mine was all covered and didn't have to pay anything :)
Hello there! I am in Saskatchewan just waiting to meet with my Plastic Surgeon. My GP referred me as I have had 2 C-sections and have skin issues under the hang of skin- just curious, did you have similar issues and that is why it was covered? My GP is hoping that mine too will be covered. Thanks for any info you can pass along.
It took me about 6 months to get in to see my plastic surgeon. At the initial meeting the PS does a bit of history and takes photos to submit for review. It then took about 4 weeks for a response. My surgery is approved and I can't wait.
My issues are definitely with loose skin - a lot of it, and muscle damage. I had no c-sections nor any multiples but I did have 6 full term pregnancies.
So, it really depends how much loose skin you have. Good Luck to you!
Thanks so much for sharing Michelle! I am so happy to hear that yours got approved, good luck to you and thanks again!!!
Oops, one more question if you happen to know the answer - I noticed that you had replied to another post (in January lol) about criteria that the board reviews...any idea where someone can find info on this? Again, I thank you SO much for what you have already shared.
Oh my gosh, you look amazing!!! You should be so incredibly proud of everything you have been through and especially coming out so beautifully! I am scheduled for my TT next week -- nervous, excited and looking forward to great results like yours (is that too much to ask for?) ; )
Not at all!! All those feelings are normal but in the long run so worth it!! Good luck on your transformation!!
Let me just say damn girl! You go! Not only on the tt but on losing the weight! Total transformation ! You should be so proud!
I am feeling amazing and loving the results! Thanxx :)
You look FANTATIC!!