Long Time Coming - Regina, Saskatchewan

I'm a 33 years old and started my...

I'm a 33 years old and started my "Lifestyle" journey in 2003 after the birth of my 3rd child which was a C-Section. My starting weight was 220 lbs and i got as low as 130 lbs. I was working out 4 hours a day and measuring Everything I would eat. It worked for that way for awhile but I couldn't keep up with such a strict lifestyle (diet and exercise.

I went through a Divorce as well started working Full Time so i didn't have enough time to keep up with working out 4 hrs/day. I stayed around the 147-155lb mark. I still would like to get back to about 135-140lb mark.

I went to see my Doctor in 2009 to ask her how to get rid of my pooch and she said there was no way of getting rid of it unless I got a abdomnioplasty and asked if i would like to get referred. This was something i had wanted for many years. I finally was able to see the Plastic Surgeon in 2010 and got approved for the TT. I had to wait another 9 months to get the call saying my surgery was booked in 3 days. I was so excited and couldn't wait to get it over and done with. Morning of Surgery i could hardly sit still. The day had finally come.

After Surgery my Boyfriend came back to pick me up from the hospital with flowers and brought me back to his house to take care of me. My ex agreed to watch our kids for awhile so i could heal properly.

Pain from the surgery wasn't bad as long as i kept taking the meds on time. I did everything i was told to do. I am not used to keeping still so long so this was tough for me as well i hate asking for help but my boyfriend wouldn't let me get out of bed or do anything without his help.

The hardest part for me was not having a BM. I was drinking 5-6 (approx 17 oz) water bottles a day. Taking Senna pills as well as Prune Juice. I finally was able to go on my 5th day but that was very Painful.

I am now 8 days post op and moving around pretty good. Went Grocery shopping with my boyfriend and it felt good to do a fair bit of walking. I was tired when we got back to his place though. Feeling pretty swollen this evening as well.

I have seen my tummy only once 2 days ago (6 days after surgery) My drains are still in as the PS thought this was best. I get them taken out in 2 days!! I can't wait! I have decided to not go back to work for another week and just take it easy.

I did not have any lipo as well PS said my stomach muscles were great so didn't tighten them at all!

I still haven't seen my tummy fully except laying down. I was prescribed Tylenol 3's and anti biotics but the T3's had caffeine in them and found i couldn't sleep properly.

I went to see PS today and my drains were finally taken out but told still can't shower for another 2 days!! I'm feeling swollen today in my legs as well as my Tummy.

I know that i won't regret doing this procedure @ all. Good luck on yours Farz and don't worry about the pain, your doctor will prescribe you meds to take the edge off!
Look at that . . cute little belly button. Hope you have a speedy recovery :-) Did you have a pain pump or medications? I am booked for TT and lipo Apr 4 and I am soooo nervous about the pain.
Mystical your Feb 10th pics is incredible! You are going to have amazing results! Did you have lipo too or only TT?
Thanks for sharing your story! Glad to hear your are doing so well with recovery also! Congrats!!

~Julie

2 days ago i finally got my drains out and felt so...

2 days ago i finally got my drains out and felt so relieved. I can move around better and not have to clip the JP's to my jeans.

Today was the exciting day though, I finally got to shower and it felt great. I wasn't sure how much i should let the water hit my incision or if i should be rubbing my incision.

I let the incision air dry for a bit and used bio oil and massaged the incision and belly button a bit but had to put my binder on shortly after as i didn't like how it felt to sit etc without the binder.

I pick up my kids today after school to spend the eve/night with them.

I'll get my boyfriend to take pictures tonight as i'm excited to see the difference from before and now.

You all are so much younger than I am. I keep saying, omg, in a little over a month this will be gone.
WOWZA!!! LOVE IT!! You look great!! Glad you are doing so well and keep us updated on your progress!!
I am doing great and loving my results. Can't wait to see what it's gonna look like not swollen. I've been massaging the incision and hoping that will help with the looks as well.

I went out shopping this afternoon and am exhausted. Not sure though if it partly has to do with waking up @ 4 am and not being able to fall back asleep.

I'm heading to work on the 19th and hoping i have enough energy to complete the whole day as when i go back my co worker goes on holidays so i'm running both dept's myself. Yikes!

Yesterday I dressed up and went out with another...

Yesterday I dressed up and went out with another couple for dinner. I wore my 3 inch heels and felt great! My tummy was a bit swollen by the end of the night but was back to normal in the morning again.

Today i went to work for the first time. I was definately tired after my shift and wanted to have a nap but had to run errands after. I am finding my binder to be annoying but can't go without it for too long.

I have been putting Bio oil on my incision now for a week and it's almost done scabbing. I am still finding my belly button to be big but perhaps it's just swollen. Anyone else finding this with their belly button?

I go see my PS on Tuesday the 22nd and i'm gonna ask and see if i can start working out lightly. But i'm not sure if i'll have the energy since i'll have my kids around again and i'm working full time again. My co worker is on holidays now so i'll be running store and clinic by myself. If i can get through next week i think everything will just get easier.

I love reading and seeing everyone's progress and their stories. I wish i had known of this site before my surgery!

You look AMAZING!!!! Your 2 week picture is gorgeous. :)
Thank You! I am feeling great!!
I have enjoyed this experience and would do it over again in a heartbeat!

Photo Update

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Today has been 3 weeks since i've had my...

Today has been 3 weeks since i've had my surgery!

I've worked full time for a week now and things have been going good other than i keep getting headaches. I think it's a pinched nerve in my back/neck.

I don't go see the PS for another weeks. I think everything is healing well. I still find my belly button to be too big but hoping it will change in the next few months.

I stepped on the scale today and i'm down 4 lbs. Yay! I have been given the go ahead to workout as long as it's not too much and no weights. I just don't have the energy to workout after working 8 days! Soon hopefully!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

It's been 7 months since my Surgery and i'm...

It's been 7 months since my Surgery and i'm feeling great! I've gone back to see the surgeon a cpl times and had "Dog ears" removed on the right side and then had to go back to "Lower" an incision. I go back on Tuesday and see if i'm done with the procedure.

I've also just been getting back into exercise and hoping to tone up!! Getting this tummy tuck was the best decision! It's boosted my self confidence greatly.

Hi Mystical! First, your results are amazing! Are you still happy with your TT? Second, did you have muscle repair? I had my TT Oct 2013 and did not have muscle repair. I don't feel I'm as flat as I could have been with it. I feel like I still have a pooch. I don't have children and have never been obese so my doctor said I didn't need muscle repair. Just wondering if you had it or not because you're really flat. Thank you!!
I am going for a TT at the end of this month. I have 2 young children and I am wondering if anyone can share their experience? Recovery time, pain etc. I have been wanting this surgery for 7 years and now that its finally here I am very nervous! My surgery is being covered by Sask Health!
First off, you look amazing!!!! Good for you:) Secondly I am booked in to see the same Dr and I'm wondering if I'd be able to email you with some questions? Thank you
Saskhealth

Ask your doctor because this could be approved by your local Health department and the cost could be covered.