Tummy Tuck Gave Me the Figure I've Always Wanted - Orlando, FL

I wanted to get the surgery because all of my life...

I wanted to get the surgery because all of my life I wanted a flat stomach and never had one. It was always the thing about my body I hated the most. Then I gained a bunch of weight after I got married. The first picture you'll see is my "before" picture...I had gone up to 203 pounds. In January 2009, I started a strict diet and exercise program. 1200 calories a day along with Gilad's Quick Fit System and an hour in the gym each day. It took me 10 months to get down to 123 pounds yet I still had that fat tummy. I went in for a consultation to inquire about the tummy tuck in Jan or Feb 2010. The doctor wanted to make sure I had kept off the weight for at least 6 months and that I wasn't going to have any children, which I'm not. He told me I'd gone as far as I could go with the dieting and the only way I'd ever get that flat stomach was to have the tummy tuck. The recovery was hard. I couldn't stand up straight for a couple of weeks and that created pain in my back. I couldn't lay flat either so the first few weeks were spent sleeping upright in my recliner. Until the drainage tubes came out, I had to have my husband shower with me so he could hold onto the drains while I washed my hair. It was also horribly uncomfortable having that elastic garment on for 24/7 for 6 weeks but I did I to make sure I achieved my desired results. Just like my doctor predicted, I said to myself "why in the world did I do this?" Four months later I DEFINITELY know that answer....because the pain is gone and I look AMAZING! I'm 37 years old and look better than some teenagers! I finally can wear a bikini like I've always wanted to!!

Orlando Plastic Surgeon

Dr. S is EXCELLENT. He is such a gifted surgeon that takes the time to make sure you look sculpted and beautiful. He listens to you and takes all the time you need to make sure your questions are all answered. His staff is friendly and helpful. I felt very comfortable there. I HIGHLY recommend him!!!!

I wish I could help answer your question. I don't do any abdominal exercises, quite frankly it hurts! Since my tummy tuck I haven't felt the need to do sit ups anymore. The surgery tightened up my abdominal muscles well enough. My current work out routine includes aerobics, running and general weights for my arms, chest and back.
Questio-n--I had my TT last Sept and my Doctor says I can only do cardio with absolutely NO stretching. How do I get my middle section tighter. I still need to lose weight midsection.
Question for mtlymarz: you look amazing!
Did you have "muscle tightening"?
Yes, I did for about two months. It eventually went away. I am now able to do all the things I'd previously done; like completing my 2nd half marathon 6 months after my surgery.
Congratulations for taking the leap. Sleeping in one position was the worst part I would ache in the morning as I slept on a recliner for 2 weeks cause I needed to keep my head elevated cause I also had my eyes done. but what amazed me was no pain. Sounds like you were lucky with that too. We are in Cabo right now and for the first time in a long time I look great in a bikini. I surprised my husband and when I walked out of the room he was stunned!! When we get back I want to look into a personal trainer or something to tone up. I was told no situps or crunchees not that I could ever do them. For all who are contemplating TT go for it your only regret would be not doing it sooner!

I am 6 days pst op and feel great! One drain is out and the other comes out next Monday; I feel ok except in the morning from sleeping in 1 position; my belly is tight and so I need help getting up but once I'm up and moving I'm ok....glad I did it and can't wait to take pics

I did my upper/lower eyes at the same time. I was very, very nervous but I worried in vain. It is so worth it!!! I was wearing 10/12 jeans and they looked horrible in the front. Now I am flat and everyone is saying how skinny I am. Its understandable being scared, afraid, whatever but with all the testaments from real people you will be glad you did it.
Hi. I am currently a size 10/12 and I would love to go to a size 8; and Im having my boobs done at the same time! I am really excited; my doctor does awesome work; Im just scared of pain. I HATE pain!!!
I'd like to get my boobs done. That may be next. :-) I can't imagine doing a tummy tuck and a boob job at the same time! Just take your pain meds on time and you should be fine. Best of luck to you!
I only wish I did it SOONER!!! With the old c-section scar causing a "front butt" my jeans/slacks not looked good. My Dr. removed 3 lbs and just with that I went from a 12 to an 8--how kool is that and I have a FLAT tummy. No pain, just slower moving and I had tt on Sept 27 and fine great. I was nervous too cause of the cost now I feel it was differently the best money every spent!!!!
That is awesome!!! Congrats!! I too was nervous about the money. I was so afraid I'd spend a fortune and not end up with the results I wanted. I was never so happy to be wrong! :-)

Wow! Your "after" photos are amazing. Congrats on a great result.

hi. im scheduled for mommy makeover in november 24th and I cant wait! My questions are the pain...how did you tolerate and how bad is the pain? I had a brazilian butt lift with dr soto and I was so sick the first 24hrs but one year later and I look fabulous (from the back) now i wanna work on the front but im scared?
I didn't have as much problem with actual pain as I did with just being uncomfortable wearing the binder garment 24/7 for 6 weeks. The pain medications did what they were supposed to do. It was hard for me to shower. I had to have my husband go with me and hold the drains but having that binder garment on as tight as I could stand it for 6 weeks had me in constant pain, couldn't sleep, I couldn't even lay down, I had to "sleep" in the recliner for over a month. It was hard to do anything the first few weeks. Becuase of the surgery on the abs, you can't stand upright for at least the first week. It makes doing simple things like getting off the couch to go to the bathroom, a chore. But like they say, just hang in there because those 6 weeks of discomfort are NOTHING compared to the LIFETIME of having the body you've always wanted!
when i had the butt lift i had to wear that binder too! yes it was miserable and i couldnt sit for a month!! I was just wondering when you woke up in the recovery room were you already in pain....
I wasn't in constant pain but it did hurt when I tried to sit up. The nurse had to lift me up off the bed and put me in the wheelchair and then lifted me up again to put me in the car. And she was just a tiny girl! LOL I had three flights of stairs to go up to get into my apartment. Must have taken me a half an hour. It really hurts when you try to move and you can't stand up straight. That put a lot of strain and discomfort in my back.
I'm impressed! going for my 5 wk checkup tomorrow. What I really miss are long,bubble baths. How bout "sunning" my husband and I are thinking about going to Cabo and showing off my new bod with a great bikini. You look great and I know you are sooo proud which you should be. You deserve it!
Thanks. When did you have your TT? I just ended week 4. Swelling slowly going down, still wearing garment. I will say I find I tire more easily and sleeping more but I have the luxury of just taking care of myself. I am walking 3-4x a week a 4 mile trek but I'm not walking as fast as I used too. But all in all it has been a pretty comfortable recovery time. My jeans are still tiiiiight on the belly and hard to button but I know with time that will change. Hope you are having a good recovery period.
I had my tummy tuck on April 16th. You'll get back into your routine soon enough. I still feel a tightness in my lower abdomen every once in a while when I'm working out really hard but since my surgery I completed my second half marathon so you'll DEFINITELY be able to physically do everything you could do before your surgery!! Congrats!!
hi. im having a mommy makeover and keep thinking about the pain and the recovery period. How bad was the pain for the first 24hrs? I had a brazilian butt lift last year and the first 24 hours were horrible! (i could not toerlate the pain pills) im nervious. any advise? You do look great!
Wow! That's AMAZING! Can't wait till I am completely healed!
I am wearing the "girdle" since day of op 9/27/10 and will continue to wear til my next dr. appt. 11/5/10 which they said I might be able to take off at that time. I just cannot believe the painfree, 0 discomfort and feel very very fortunate. Could be combination of great doctors, I healed and recovering quite rapidly who knows. All I know for sure is my vertical c-section scar which also included 2 horizontal scars and all my stretch marks are GONE!! Oh and my garment has zippers so I do not adjust/tighten. You look great and I know you are ecstatic with the results just as I am. So anyone considering take it from the two of us--best think we ever did. My husband "loves" the new me (not that he ever said anything about my tummy before) but now he thinks I'm really HOT!
On Sept6 I wrote in....well I was scared s......... but did it!! I had my surgery Sept. 27, chose the pain pump and NEVER felt any pain. Never pushed the button for additional med, never took a pain pill. By the end of the week I was walking straight. Surgery was on a Monday , pain pump removed Wednesday and had one drain tube removed Friday and the next the following Monday. I am amazed at how I was totally pain free. I am slightly swollen, no bruising and feel great. I told no one I was doing this. I went out 10 days after surgery and everyone is saying wow you've lost alot of weight. Dr. said she removed 3 pounds. I also did my upper and lower eyes at the same time. Now like everyone else wished I did this years ago. PS I am a yound 62yrs old and it was a breeze!!!
Wow!!! I didn't get the option of a pain pump! But I'm pretty good at taking pills. I was sore for a long time. Sounds like you healed a lot faster. I couldn't sleep in my bed for the first 6 weeks since I had that garment on 24/7. But yes, after all the pain and discomfort, I'm THRILLED I did it, and like you, wish I did it sooner. I'm so glad you had a good experience too!! CONGRATS!!!!!!
This is what hard work and persistence will do for you! congrats on your wonderful story! You look awesome!