Tummy Tuck and Exercising - San Antonio, TX

I am currently 13 days Post OP and feeling great....

I am currently 13 days Post OP and feeling great. My PS was wonderful he answers all my concerns and was very caring. I was very soar the first three days but the medication kept me sleepy; therefore, I didn't feel much. I started walking around that first night at home and walked every 2 hours for a few minutes. I am still swollen and sometimes I get sharp shooting pains, but my PS said that this is due to nerves repairing. I drink plenty of water, at least 60 ounces a day, this helps my swelling. I have not gone through any depression but I totally prepared myself before the surgery. I am very realistic that is a process and I don't expect miracles.

I do have a question. How soon can I start a light exercise program? I would like to start by walking on the treadmill and hopefully build myself back up to my regular work out routine.

OK, today was my first day back at work. I began...

OK, today was my first day back at work. I began to swell up from the parking lot to the building. I was very worried because I am a PC tech at a hospital and walk all day, but the branch chief was kind enough to let me work the helpdesk while I recover. My swelling became pretty bad so I went to visit my great friend in surgery and he assured me that the swelling was normal, (He helped perform my surgery.) He looked over my scar and said that I was healing nicley. I feel very lucky that I am just walking distance from these fine doctors and nurses. I don't have any pictures to post but I will take some next week at my 1 month post, (WOW, I can't believe that it has almost been a month.) i hope that everyone is doing well.

So glad that I did this. Love seeing my pre mommy...

So glad that I did this. Love seeing my pre mommy tummy back..

Today is my 3 wk post-op anniversary and I am...

Today is my 3 wk post-op anniversary and I am feeling pretty good. I made to the building from the parking lot without swelling, woo-hoo! I did start to swell some mid-afternoon but I was not too bad. The only thing that I am concern with is that my stomach becomes hard whenever I cough or sneeze. It will only become hard around my BB, but does go away after a minut or so. Is this normal?

I got my stage two garment today and it is not...

I got my stage two garment today and it is not very flattering. I have to squeeze into a corset that go from my thighs to my chest. I have all theses snaps and zippers everywhere, its going to take me longer to get ready in the morning.

I have been cleared by ps to start working out...

i have been cleared by ps to start working out again. I went to the gym this morning and did 30 minutes on the eliptical with level 6 as max resistance. Did a few abductors for my inner thighs. Funny how before surgery I could squeeze 90 to 100 pds and this morning I could on squeeze 40 pds. Baby steps is the key to a full recovery. I gained 10 pounds while recovering and that was an eye opener.

I will post pics this week

I have not had a chance to take pictures because I...

I have not had a chance to take pictures because I have been busy getting ready for holidays. I will post some soon.

Here is a quick update: I am now 6 weeks post op and I have been going to the gym regularly. I am still very careful when it comes to my weight lifting but I am getting better at my cardio. My daughter and I jogged last night, I jogged one block and then walked the next. We did this for about one mile. Tonight, I did 30 minutes on the eleptical and some leg presses. Still wearing the binder because I feel like I can move around better when I have it on. I am still swelling but it is getting better.

Thank you everyone on this forum. I appreciate all of y'alls (I am from Texas, LOL) input and encouragement.

Can't wait for the summer. I have not taken my kids swimming in years because of my body. I am taking control of my body and my life again!

Ok.. I am now almost 16 weeks post-op and I am...

Ok.. I am now almost 16 weeks post-op and I am still very happy. I do have swelling and my doctor wants to do a little more lipo and correct some small dog ears, but thanks to everyone's comments, encouragement, and experiences posted on this website I did not freak out and knew that this is not uncommon.

I am happy that the worst is behind me and that I can begin to move on with my daily activities. I did slip up and stopped exercising because I did not know what exercises I could and could not do. Now, I just listen to my body and don't push myself too hard. I had to create a new exercise regiment that works for me while I am recovering.

I just wanted to thank everyone because you helped me during my early stages of recovery and continue to help and encourage me today.

I read one person's review about dog ears. I will take some pictures and post them tomorrow. hopefully the images will help someone who is wondering what they look like.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Dr K is a great doctor. He takes care of his patients and takes pride in his work. If I have a question, he is always available.

I know I am way late on here, so I'm only hoping to maybe get a reply. How did you get the referral to the PS? Did you contact the PS Dept. at Ft Sam or did you have to get your regular pcm to give you a referral? Thanks :)
I'm trying to the same information roseyboa but she still has not responded I wrote her last April.
Its been a long time she might not get the messages anymore. I will just ask my Dr. Atleast i have a general idea what it might cost me at a military facility.
If you don't mind can you also let me know, I was thinking about calling the ps at Sam Houston.
I am interested in this doctor is he on the base in San Antonio
hi there my name is maira and i have four kids and i was looking for a tummy tuck and i found u i saw ur pix u come out very good after ur surgery....just wanted to ask u do u think ur docters price changed or is it around wat u payed...

Thank you for the update!  You look really good.
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone. It is so nice to receive an email notification on my phone with everyone's encouraging words. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family :)

You are going to be one hot mama on the beach this summer!
Thank you.. :-) I have devolped a small dog ear on my left side. :-( I am going to talk to my PS about it. Its very small but I know its there.

Keep massaging that firmly and it will help some.  The dog ears sound pretty common and can be fixed easily.  You will come out ok:)
U LOOK GREAT
Thank you.. I have no regrets. I just read your post and I have to say, you are funny. I'm glad they moved your post back too. This is a great forum.
How are feeling?
feeling good
Way to go at getting back to the exercising - doesn't it feel great??? Take it slow & enjoy it all!
It does feel good to be back in the gym. It is my therapy. It is a time when I can focus on just me. I am taking very slow but I am feeling stronger.

Take small baby steps your first month back in the gym.  It is going to hurt and you want to be safe about it.
Kimmers, how long does the swelling last? My PS said that I don't have to wear the binder anymore, but I swell up so much when I don't wear it. This is getting annoying, lol.

Oh the swelling lasts for weeks/months.   My swelling finally started to be minimal at six months.   I am now seven months and when I exercise I SWELL!!   It is crazy but I need to exercise so I just tough through it.  I just started back on Ab work at six months but not hard core.  I am going to ease back into full blown ab work over the next five months.  It still hurts!

When I was at your point I was going to the gym 4 times a week and doing light cardio only and I did swell.  If you feel better wearing the binder definitely do.

This is a long process; much longer than I ever anticipated but I am still happy with the results and glad I did it.

Hang in there!
Yah, the swelling is very annoying. I keep telling myself that this normal and it will pass. I am back to wearing my binder just because it feels so much better when I have it on. I am going to see my PS assistant tomorrow just for a few quick check up.
I see my ps tomorrow and I am hoping he will give me the ok to workout. I feel as if though I am gaining weight. My coworker says that I'm not but I feel swollen all over, lol. If he doesn't give the go ahead then I will really need to watch my calories and try to eat clean. I will update everyone.
let me know how the working out is going because i also go to the gym and was wondering when i could start back.
My PS cleared me for light cardio and very light weight lifting; however, I am swelling up so much when I exercise and walk around that I think that I will just do the eliptical for a cpl weeks until I heal more. I wear my binder during exercising and this helps a lot! I miss my workouts and my gym..
I started light exercise at week 3 and moved up intensity from there. Started weight training at week 6. I didnt get any swelling after i got back to the gym. I actually looked much flatter and definition started to show.