Excited - Indiana

I am a 24 year old single mother of 3 children as...

I am a 24 year old single mother of 3 children as well as work full time and go to college online full-time. All of my kids are 5 and younger. I have had a very busy life with little or no success to losing the extra baggage around my stomach. After my youngest son was born two years ago I have lost about 30 pounds already... every where but my belly it seemed. I started to get depressed from it.

I started researching December of 2010 for a more permanant assistance for my problem. I came across this website which inspired me to look into a tummy tuck. I first met with my Doctor in January of this year. I just had my procedure on February 17, 2011. It has been 6 days.

Thanks to this website and the advice of my Doctors office I was well prepared for the surgery and had an idea of how much pain I would be going through later (so I thought). I had the Avelar tummy tuck and some lipo. The surgery went smooth and i was home the same day. I was very tired the first day and was sore. I was moving around by day 2po. I was slower moving but getting around decent for just having it done. I went back to work on day 5po. I have experienced more discomfort then anything.

I decided to post on here since many women have went through this and are looking into it. Yes I did have pain the first few days but by taking the pain meds on time I was not doing to bad. And here we are to today... day 6po. :) I am at work after taking my son to and from school and taking my other 2 to the babysitter. I do know my limits. I can tell if I am starting to do to much when I start to swell some.

I am hoping to be adding a few before and after pictures on here shortley.

Photo Update

Well it is almost one month and one week. I will...

Well it is almost one month and one week. I will be taking new pictures on 3-24-2011. I will also post my before and after measurements as of this day. :)

Well it is now 7 weeks po. I have new pics for...

Well it is now 7 weeks po. I have new pics for everyone to see. I am healing great and they did somethinga week ago where they took a wire brush and scaped my scar. I am sorry I cannot think of what it is called. Any questions please ask. The pictures I upload I just took today.

Doctor Jackson Carmel, IN

So far every time I have visited their office for questions or for the surgery, the staff has been very helpful. I was very comfortable there and the Doctor was very knowledgable. He answered all my questions and was very polite.

I wish I was a person who could go on 3 hours :) It is the avelar procedure and the docto was amazing. Even the doctor officis amazed at how good the results are. They are very proud. I am so happy with the results! I have pain sometimes if I lay wrong but besides that I feel like normal. I would tell any one to look into this. It is worth it. I tried for a long time to feel good about my body again and this helped me reach my goal!

You can read more about the Alvelar procedure here. I'm amazed at your fast healing and that you're back at work already. Are you one of those people who needs only 3 hours of sleep a night, too? :)

I hope your recovery continues to go well. Remember to take it easy when you can.

Thank you all for your comments. I will make sure the additional pictures tomorrow show the scar thats left so far. I had the Avelar. I did not have any drain tube and i was out of the binder in two weeks and now out of the compression garment. This procedure is newer and takes less time to heal from. They did the full tummy tuck and lipo. I have the surgery done on a Thursday and my first day back to work was the following Monday (so 4 days and I was working). It is an office job.
Hi! I had the avelar method of TT gone 6 days ago and its going well. I'm suorised more people don't do thus method over others? How are you now?
Hey great to hear your doing so well! Could you post a pic without a top on? :-)
Your story is inspiring!! I work at home (transcription) and am hoping to take just one week off. I thought it might be impossible, but you give me hope! Can't wait to see your pics!
Hi Busymom you are def a busy mom with 3 children school and work! Im amazed your already out and about and WORKING!! What kind of job do you have? Did you have a regular tummy tuck? Im not familiar with the one you talk about. I am happy to hear your doing so well!!