Excited - Indiana

I am a 24 year old single mother of 3 children as...

I am a 24 year old single mother of 3 children as well as work full time and go to college online full-time. All of my kids are 5 and younger. I have had a very busy life with little or no success to losing the extra baggage around my stomach. After my youngest son was born two years ago I have lost about 30 pounds already... every where but my belly it seemed. I started to get depressed from it.

I started researching December of 2010 for a more permanant assistance for my problem. I came across this website which inspired me to look into a tummy tuck. I first met with my Doctor in January of this year. I just had my procedure on February 17, 2011. It has been 6 days.

Thanks to this website and the advice of my Doctors office I was well prepared for the surgery and had an idea of how much pain I would be going through later (so I thought). I had the Avelar tummy tuck and some lipo. The surgery went smooth and i was home the same day. I was very tired the first day and was sore. I was moving around by day 2po. I was slower moving but getting around decent for just having it done. I went back to work on day 5po. I have experienced more discomfort then anything.

I decided to post on here since many women have went through this and are looking into it. Yes I did have pain the first few days but by taking the pain meds on time I was not doing to bad. And here we are to today... day 6po. :) I am at work after taking my son to and from school and taking my other 2 to the babysitter. I do know my limits. I can tell if I am starting to do to much when I start to swell some.

I am hoping to be adding a few before and after pictures on here shortley.

Photo Update

Well it is almost one month and one week. I will...

Well it is almost one month and one week. I will be taking new pictures on 3-24-2011. I will also post my before and after measurements as of this day. :)

Well it is now 7 weeks po. I have new pics for...

Well it is now 7 weeks po. I have new pics for everyone to see. I am healing great and they did somethinga week ago where they took a wire brush and scaped my scar. I am sorry I cannot think of what it is called. Any questions please ask. The pictures I upload I just took today.

Doctor Jackson Carmel, IN

So far every time I have visited their office for questions or for the surgery, the staff has been very helpful. I was very comfortable there and the Doctor was very knowledgable. He answered all my questions and was very polite.