Tummy Tuck - Central IL

I am a 35 year old, mother of three, all delivered...

I am a 35 year old, mother of three, all delivered by c-section, the "old way" (a vertical incision) - ages 16-9. I am under 5-foot-tall, have lost close to 30 pounds using the tried-and-true method (eating right/exercise) and have maintained that weight loss for over one year. I was frustrated that no matter how "fit" I was getting, "it" (my ugly tummy) was always there. The stretch marks, the fat pockets, the scar...I felt & looked fine in clothes, my weight loss success was obvious, but could not be happy when looking at myself in the mirror - and a bikini was not in my future. In January 2012, I chose to have a Tummy Tuck to fix that ugly tummy. I went to the Doc's office at 1:30pm - and was home that night by around 8:30 (we live a couple hours away).

My day went like this:

11:30am - @ home, put on the anti-nausea patch

1:30 - arrive @ DOCTOR'S OFFICE (the surgery was done there, in his very own O.R. - saved me money & was so much more comfortable than a hospital)

by 2:30 - all prep work done, (including my first painless IV - I didn't even realize that the Nurse Anesthetist (NA) had inserted it-AMAZING!) - Doc had come in to draw on my old tummy, we had a few minutes for "last minute questions" (I don't remember if I had any or not though, haha)

2:30pm - I walked into the O.R. - and as I was getting on the table the "NA" had put something in my IV...I remember laying on the table, and having my arms strapped (very much like my c-sections, except I could breathe when laying flat on my back-LOL) ... and then it was lights out (for me). **best nap ever** **all times after this are a best guess**

around 5pm (ish) - I woke up, sitting in a chair in the recovery room (who knows how I got there) my husband and personal recovery-room nurse were both right beside me. I don't remember any pain but a nice feeling "tightness" in my abdomen. I was wearing a binder that quickly became my best friend. The nurse was giving us papers, telling my husband how to take good care of me, explaining the drains - how to care for them, and giving me SODA? I didn't complain - Diet Coke is my favorite anyway.

by 5:45pm - We were on the road to home, I don't remember the ride home really. I remember it was not easy to get in and out of the car, and I could not stand up straight - and walked very slowly. (I felt like a little old lady.)

HOME: Rest, I read (several) books in the 10 days I was off work, Rest, I watched several shows on TLC (WARNING: Comedies are not recommended, severe laughing hurts - and sneezes too - stay away from dust and people with colds)...and REST I used the narcotic pain pills for about 1 day - and decided I actually felt better only taking ibuprofen, the narcotic made me dizzy and a little queasy.

OVERALL: Much like childbirth (whether natural or c-section), of course, there's pain - but it's manageable and forgettable! The big difference - no new infant to care for - only babying yourself - and LOOKING GOOD!

wow, you look great though! You can't even see them! I think it's great you love being a mommy. I do to. :-) Hope you continue to heal well.
You have a flat tummy now! Looks like no stretch marks left or none visible to the eye.
I do still have some stretch marks, but mostly they are easily ignored! I can't (and don't want to) forget the fact that I did carry and deliver three amazing kids! This surgery does not make a "perfect body" (if there is such a thing) but has made "MY perfect tummy". I am very happy with the results so far - and with time, it will continue to change, no doubt.
Champaign Plastic Surgeon

During initial consultation, Dr. Kurley explained in depth the procedure I was interested in - no question went unanswered, and honestly I only had to ask very few questions after his initial "talk". It's obvious he knows this procedure - the pros - the cons - and everything "in between". Each follow up I've been to has been direct and to the point, just the way I like it. Dr. Kurley always takes time to answer my questions, when I have them - but usually he's telling me what I want to know, before I even ask. I've called several times to ask about "this & that" - speaking with his assistant, Kendra is just as good as talking to Dr. Kurley himself. She stays informed and up-to-date on MY procedure and is capable of answering all of my questions. I don't think I've ever waited more than 5 minutes in the lobby at this office - and I always get there early! I definitely feel as though I'm "the only patient" (even though I know that's not the case).