Tummy Tuck & Breast Reduction - Jan 10, 2011

Am 45 years old, have had 2 abdominal surgeries so...

Am 45 years old, have had 2 abdominal surgeries so muscles were no longer responding to any form of exercise, decided to get the TT at the same time I was getting my breast reduction.

Would definitely do it again!

Dr. Michael Diaz

Very informative, explained everything in detail and made me feel comfortable enough to ask any questions.

Do you have any pictures. I am considering between Dr.diaz and Dr. Richardson. If you don't want to post pictures could you tell me if it was a big difference.
How are you feeling? Do you just love it more now ? I going in on May 31st

It gets better and better each month!!! So Love it!
I'm only 4 weeks post op so Kimmers knows more what it's going to be like at the 2 month mark.
I have some meetings 2 months post OP that I will have to be in shorts for boating or golf( don't think so) how much swelling did you have 2 months post op?
I seem to be planning every thing down to the day. I really don't want anyone to know I had the TT

I had swelling at two months post op but more so in the afternoon and evening.  You could wear shorts.  I wore a bikini at 10 weeks post op.  I had swelling in the tummy but did not care...LOL    I do not recommend a game of golf though....Hurts!  You will not be able to swing the clubs yet.

I planned my life for weeks according to my swelling schedule.
Sure, that's what we're here for, to answer questions about our experiences. Yeah, my doctor originally told me that surgery was going to take 5-6 hours (which made me nervous as well) so I was surprised when he had completed all 3 procedures in 3.5 hours. I was very fortunate and had no complications in surgery or anything.

When is your surgery scheduled?
Thank you so much for the feed back. Would you mind if I had a few more questions as the date comes closer I could ask you? I am very nervous. You response to your surgery only lasting 3.5 hours total for both TT and BL really put me at ease. I thought it would take much longer than that.
Thanks for the info. I would have to go back to light work in 10 days after having both TT and breast lift.... just phone and computer work. Do you think I could do it? I am in outside sales but could work from home for 2 -3 weeks then light days out. I just need to schedule time off and help around the house and know I could get work done and be a bit mobile. I know everyone is different but this is holding up getting it done. I am 46 so thought i should ask some one close to my age. I am the main bread winner so this is a concern. My insurance is covering the BL so I know I won't go under again so thought I should get the TT also. Still nervous and have questions. thanks for the feed back.
You could do light work from home at 10 days, but only for a few hours a day. I wouldn't put in 8 hours a day until after week 3 at the earliest. Granted everyone does heal at different paces, but keep in mind that in order for you to heal properly from a TT you have to get plenty of rest, no over doing it!

Hope this helps.

San Francisco,

I would not recommend going back to work at 10 days post OP.  That is pretty quick for both procedures.  I had originally planned to go back at two weeks and found I could not do it.  I ended up taking 3 1/2 weeks off.  Even going back at that point I was miserable the first two weeks.   If you are able to take 14-21 days off that would be best.  Now if you can totally work from home starting on day 14 that would be possible.  I realize everyone is different in the healing process but you are going to be wiped out and swollen.

I hope this helps.
Hello,
I will not do anything for 10 -12 days and then only work on the phone and computer from home, even in bed if I have to. My job is in sales so I can work hard or kind of break if I need to. do you think that might be doable?
Thanks for all the info. I'm getting real nervous. Looks like I am going to schedual June 1st. The only thing I really need to do is go to my sons last day of school to see them sing. 15 days after surgery.
Talk to you soon.
Thanks again

Hello,

That sounds doable.  Just listen to your body and when you are tired and swollen rest.   Just do not push yourself at all the first 6 weeks.  Be kind to yourself so that you are able to heal properly.  The more you fight it the longer it will take for full recovery.

I am completely glad I did all of this for myself.  I feel wonderful and have no regrets.
Can you tell me how long it has taken you to recover and how long was your surgery? I am wanting to do my breast reduction at the same time but seems like a long time to be under.? Inputting holding me back is going under.

The Breast Reduction was a quick recovery.  I was back to normal at 4 weeks post op.  Now the bruising and swelling lasted a bit longer but I was not in any pain at all.

The surgery itself took 3 hours in the OR.  That is what I expected.
I was under for 3 1/2 hours total for both the TT and breast reduction. I am 4 weeks post op and doing very well, I will be going back to work tomorrow.

How are you feeling girl??
Hey Kimmers ~ I'm very very good, heading back to work tomorrow...part time only because I don't want to push myself too hard at first. I will be 4 weeks post op tomorrow and I must say it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be at all.

Still can't fit into my dress pants for work so I'll have to make do until I they start fitting...keeping my fingers crossed that they will again.

The breasts are coming along quite well even with the set back of having the blister effects due to the smoking...ugh!

Anyway, glad you asked and thanks for all the great advice and hand holding during my journey. :)

I am glad to be here for you!  Where did the month go???  Goodness...

The pants will soon fit; I noticed big changes starting in month three post op.  It takes some time but you will get there.

I am glad you are doing so well and feeling good.  Keep posting and let me know how you are coming along from month to month.

Are you able to join us for the webinar on February 15th?  It is going to be both fun and educational.
Hi, I am scheduled to get my TT done in ocean springs which is not far from Biloxi, Did your doc include Lipo in that procedure for that price? Please let me know....It's not to late for me to reschedule lol

Thx
Sorry didn't see your post till today...Yes that price did include lipo on the flank areas. He's an awesome Doctor if you're interested in seeing him for a consult. When is your TT scheduled?