Scheduled 4th January, 2011 - Bangkok, Thailand

I had a breast lift with implants in August in...

I had a breast lift with implants in August in Bangkok, Thailand. I was very, very pleased, Therefore, I am going back in January for my tummy tuck. I have lost about 125 lbs and really am looking forward to getting rid of the extra skin. A little scared as this time I am going over to Thailand by myself.

Kimmers,

I will stay in Bangkok probably about 2 weeks - just until the drains are removed. Then I will come back to Dubai to finish the recoup time. Unfortunately, this time I am going alone but have already spoke with my doc to keep me in the hospital longer if I think I need to. Once out of the hospital, I am staying at the same hotel as I did the first time - 5 star and absolutely tremendous service. So I am not worried. If I need, everyone here knows I will call and someone will get on the next flight to Bangkok to come to me.
I am a nurse so have lots of help here - docs and nurses. The flight is not long (about 6 hours) and straight thru so not bad. Luckily, I can take off as much as I want because I can do work from home (I don't do patient care anymore). We get nearly 40 days vacation a year so no problem there.

I will have to take some before pics to post. The ones I sent to the doc back in July might be a little too risque for here!

Thank you for all the encouragement.

It sounds like you have the ideal set up for everything.  That is very good.  I think you are really brave and I know I could never do anything like this so far from home...guess I am a big baby:)  Good for you in taking this step to the new you.

I am excited to see your before and after pics and also to follow your posts as you go through your process.

Welcome to RealSelf!   All of the weight loss is amazing!  Congratulations on a job well done.  Well you definitely deserve this tummy tuck and I just know you will love the flat and sexy tummy!

When you go to Thailand how long will you stay there?  You are going totally alone?  After my surgery there was no way I would have been ale to travel the first two weeks post op.  Just too painful and swollen.  Now when you get back home will you have some help as needed?

That is so nice you have a doctor you know and trust.  Sounds like he did a great job for you with the breasts which should give you total confidence going in for the TT.

If you are able to take 3 or more weeks off work I highly recommend that for recovery.  It is a long and slow healing process so really prepare yourself.

I am excited for you to have this done!  It was the best thing I ever did for myself.

I look forward to reading your posts and seeing your before and after pictures.

My op is done! I am quite pleased! Still have the...

My op is done! I am quite pleased! Still have the drains in; will get them out Monday. The pain was nothing like I thought it would be - if fact, little to none!

I am so please even at this early date!

I am now almost 10 days post-op. What a breeze the...

I am now almost 10 days post-op. What a breeze the surgery was! Pain? Yes,for about 3 days after surgery then really nothing to speak of. I am so pleased with the results!! I am still a little swollen and still have the 2 JP drains in (until Monday). Cooling my jets here in Bangkok until next Wednesday when I can go back to Dubai.

This is the best thing I have ever done for myself!!

Thanks for the update!  I am glad to hear you are doing so well and happy with your results.  I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you were coming along.

Post those pictures!!

I am posting the before and after pictures. Of...

I am posting the before and after pictures. Of course, in the after pictures, I am still swollen and the JP drains are still in. Again, no real pain since 2 days after surgery. The drains get pulled tomorrow (Monday), the belly button stitches out Wednesday. This has been worth it!

would love to see some updated pictures if possible please? Thanks
Hi, lls. For both procedures I did with Dr. Suchart, I went in the day before and had the consultation, had all the pre-op, and then was admitted the night before the surgery. I found it to be easier as my surgery was scheduled real early in the AM. You know the cost at the consultation and you pay before the surgery. You do have to "check out" when you leave the hospital (and one time they tried to make me pay for something extra but I refused and they took it off my bill - it was something like 500 Baht). I don't think the abdominal binder is included in the package, so ask about that (it is "expensive" in bahts but relatively cheap). With a tt, you do realize that you really should leave Bangkok until they pull the JP drains (those are 2 drains they put in on the side of the incision). For me that took about 11 days - I kept draining. In total for the tt, I was in Bangkok 14 days. I was (and am) very pleased with the care and Dr. Suchart. In fact, I was going to get my facelift done with him last October but my bankcard would not work in Thailand (after many, many phone calls with the bank, they told me that). So I will go back sometime this year to have that done. Oh, lab fees comes to around 3-4000 Bahts so they are not expensive at all. Any other questions, just ask. (and if you go, tell Dr. Suchart "Hi" from the nurse who used to live in Dubai and now lives in China. He will know who I am!! :-)
wow Love hearing bthese storys nothing but postive thing to say myself DR S did my facelift August and from how i frist went there to how i look now so cool loove it 100%, i am comming back to thailand very soon for some more work
Bangkok, Thailand - Dr. Suchart

Since Dr. S is a doctor who worked in the US for 35 years, I was very comfortable knowing this. As I originally interacted with him via email, he was very responsive to all my questions and requests. My original surgery went fantastic and I feel confident this one will also.