6 Weeks Post-op and Lookin' HOT!!!

I just turned 42 years old and thought I wanted to...

I just turned 42 years old and thought I wanted to do something to look better while I'm still young enough to enjoy the results! I thought I was just going to have some liposuction of my tummy and outer and inner thighs. But at my first consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, I was told that only a tummy tuck would produce the results I wanted. I went for another consult and the second board certified plastic surgeon said the same thing. I thought about it for a week or so and then decided to go for it. Boy am I glad I did!

First of all, everyone must realize that surgeons are only human and that all bodies heal differently. I recommend using a BOARD CERTIFIED plastic surgeon for this type of procedure. Ask friends and try to get a recommendation. Then go for more than one consult. Be honest and tell the surgeons that you are doing so. That usually gets them to be honest with you about what they really think can be accomplished.

Now, for the surgery. I am 6 weeks post-op and looking fabulous. Yes, I have a long, purple scare across my lower abdomen, but my stomach looks better than it ever did -- even when I was a teenager!

I had a tummy tuck and liposuction of my inner and outer thighs at the same time. I was given some decent strength pain pills and also some muscle relaxers. The nurse was adamant that I take the muscle relaxers for at least the first week every 6 hours when I took the antibiotics they also prescribed. She said much of the pain comes from the muscle spasms that result from tying the muscles together to help get that 6-pack look. I think the best thing I did was get on a strict dosing schedule and take both the pain pills and muscle relaxers every 6 hours for the first 8-9 days. That drastically cut down on the pain. After 9 days, I only need an occasional half of a pain pill or muscle relaxer. I didn't take anything besides Advil after the first 15-16 days.

I had two drains -- one was removed 5 days post-op and the other came out 2 days later. I also had the On-Q Pain Buster and I really think that made a difference in the pain I felt for the first few days.

I also had help for the first 5 days -- someone stayed with me 24 hours a day. Getting up and down is quite difficult at first -- even going to the bathroom is tough. It took me right at 3 weeks to stand fully upright again, but that wasn't a big deal. For the first 3 weeks, I slept propped up with two pillows behind my head and one under my knees. That got old, but slowly I was able to start sleeping flat again -- I'm a side sleeper!

Now after 6 weeks, I'm looking and feeling great! I do still feel a lot of tightness in my abdominal muscles -- that's completely normal since they tied them together. My doctor said I could even have muscle spasms for several months. There is still some swelling in my abdomen -- that will actually take a few months to go away completely. I've been released to go back to my normal activities and am excited to be able to get a little exercise.

I think that using a good surgeon who won't try to take too much skin is a key to the success of this surgery. Be realistic in your expectations. Ask to see photos of the surgeon's actual patients. And then, GO FOR IT!!!

If I can, I will update this in a few more weeks or a couple of months!

Hi, there! I would recommend that you get more than one consultation to make sure that you like the doctor and think he/she can give you the results you are looking for. My doctor is {edited} from Southlake. I also recommend {edited} in Grapevine, {edited} in Arlington and {edited} in Fort Worth. All of these doctors are Board Certified Plastic Surgeons -- this is VERY IMPORTANT!!! I have friends who have used the other doctors and are pleased with their results. As far as you being young, make sure that you are finished having kids. If not, you will destroy all the work of the tummy tuck. Getting pregnant again will pull the muscles apart that the doctor will tie together and it will stretch the skin to such a degree that another tummy tuck might be impossible. And, the pain and inability to stand up straight is much worse with a tummy tuck than a c-section -- I had a c-section so I can compare the two! I couldn't stand up straight for 3 full weeks with the tummy tuck and I could stand up straight the next day after my c-section. But, as I mentioned in the review on RealSelf.com, they gave me pain pills and muscle relaxers to help. You WILL need lots of help after the surgery -- probably for at least a week (maybe longer). You will not be able to lift more than 10 pounds for several weeks. I could not return to completely normal activity for 6 weeks. That will mean taking care of the twins will be difficult for at least the first few weeks. With all that said, I highly recommend the surgery -- I love how I look now! And I know others who have had the same procedure and they have all loved it! Editor note: To make or request doctor recommendations, please visit our Doctor Recommendation Forums. Or contact another user privately by clicking on their username.
hi, would you please email me the doctors above? THANK YOU
I am not sure how to email where I can include the doctor's names. It seems that they edit the names off. If you'd like to email me directly at {edited contact information}, I'll be happy to let you know the doctor's names! Editor note To contact this user privately click on their username.

Just over 12 weeks now since my surgery and I...

Just over 12 weeks now since my surgery and I still LOVE the results.  More swelling has gone down from both the tummy tuck and the liposuction.

I'm now able to wear lower rise pants that before would have looked terrible because of my "muffin top" --  I can even tuck in shirts and wear belts!  I feel better about the way I look now and it's a wonderful feeling!  I have even been referred to as a "hot little thing" recently -- and I'm 5'6" and a size 8 so I'm not technically "little"!  Of course that was during a night out on the town wearing some low-rise jeans, a cute belt, and a top tied up so my tummy would show!

I just returned from a vacation where I spent 3 days in a pool showing off my new bikini body!  IT was actually fun to put on my new swimsuits and feel good about how I looked in them!

I highly recommend this surgery and am happy to discuss my results with anyone!  I have 4 doctors in the Mid-Cities/Fort Worth TX area that I can recommend for consultations if you want to click on my nickname above and I'll email you privately!

I have used Jacob Varone for 9 years now for everything!! Lipo, TT, breast lift, breast aug, lol needless to say we know each other well. He is an extremely awesome doctor that has a bedside manner that anyone would be proud of! i love his work and would never go to anyone else. Always ask all the questions you need to when you go in. You will love his nurses! Anyone is welcome to email me if they have questions
Dr Varon has been recommended to me by a friend. I am wondering if you can give me an idea how much each procedure cost you? Also, if you financed, were the terms decent?
Have myTT procedure with Dr. Jacob Veron on May 23, 2012. Very excited. Cost out of pocket is 5000+. The staff is very informative with all information needed about the procedure and cost.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon