6 Weeks Post-op and Lookin' HOT!!!

I just turned 42 years old and thought I wanted to...

I just turned 42 years old and thought I wanted to do something to look better while I'm still young enough to enjoy the results! I thought I was just going to have some liposuction of my tummy and outer and inner thighs. But at my first consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, I was told that only a tummy tuck would produce the results I wanted. I went for another consult and the second board certified plastic surgeon said the same thing. I thought about it for a week or so and then decided to go for it. Boy am I glad I did!

First of all, everyone must realize that surgeons are only human and that all bodies heal differently. I recommend using a BOARD CERTIFIED plastic surgeon for this type of procedure. Ask friends and try to get a recommendation. Then go for more than one consult. Be honest and tell the surgeons that you are doing so. That usually gets them to be honest with you about what they really think can be accomplished.

Now, for the surgery. I am 6 weeks post-op and looking fabulous. Yes, I have a long, purple scare across my lower abdomen, but my stomach looks better than it ever did -- even when I was a teenager!

I had a tummy tuck and liposuction of my inner and outer thighs at the same time. I was given some decent strength pain pills and also some muscle relaxers. The nurse was adamant that I take the muscle relaxers for at least the first week every 6 hours when I took the antibiotics they also prescribed. She said much of the pain comes from the muscle spasms that result from tying the muscles together to help get that 6-pack look. I think the best thing I did was get on a strict dosing schedule and take both the pain pills and muscle relaxers every 6 hours for the first 8-9 days. That drastically cut down on the pain. After 9 days, I only need an occasional half of a pain pill or muscle relaxer. I didn't take anything besides Advil after the first 15-16 days.

I had two drains -- one was removed 5 days post-op and the other came out 2 days later. I also had the On-Q Pain Buster and I really think that made a difference in the pain I felt for the first few days.

I also had help for the first 5 days -- someone stayed with me 24 hours a day. Getting up and down is quite difficult at first -- even going to the bathroom is tough. It took me right at 3 weeks to stand fully upright again, but that wasn't a big deal. For the first 3 weeks, I slept propped up with two pillows behind my head and one under my knees. That got old, but slowly I was able to start sleeping flat again -- I'm a side sleeper!

Now after 6 weeks, I'm looking and feeling great! I do still feel a lot of tightness in my abdominal muscles -- that's completely normal since they tied them together. My doctor said I could even have muscle spasms for several months. There is still some swelling in my abdomen -- that will actually take a few months to go away completely. I've been released to go back to my normal activities and am excited to be able to get a little exercise.

I think that using a good surgeon who won't try to take too much skin is a key to the success of this surgery. Be realistic in your expectations. Ask to see photos of the surgeon's actual patients. And then, GO FOR IT!!!

If I can, I will update this in a few more weeks or a couple of months!

Just over 12 weeks now since my surgery and I...

Just over 12 weeks now since my surgery and I still LOVE the results.  More swelling has gone down from both the tummy tuck and the liposuction.

I'm now able to wear lower rise pants that before would have looked terrible because of my "muffin top" --  I can even tuck in shirts and wear belts!  I feel better about the way I look now and it's a wonderful feeling!  I have even been referred to as a "hot little thing" recently -- and I'm 5'6" and a size 8 so I'm not technically "little"!  Of course that was during a night out on the town wearing some low-rise jeans, a cute belt, and a top tied up so my tummy would show!

I just returned from a vacation where I spent 3 days in a pool showing off my new bikini body!  IT was actually fun to put on my new swimsuits and feel good about how I looked in them!

I highly recommend this surgery and am happy to discuss my results with anyone!  I have 4 doctors in the Mid-Cities/Fort Worth TX area that I can recommend for consultations if you want to click on my nickname above and I'll email you privately!

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I have used Jacob Varone for 9 years now for everything!! Lipo, TT, breast lift, breast aug, lol needless to say we know each other well. He is an extremely awesome doctor that has a bedside manner that anyone would be proud of! i love his work and would never go to anyone else. Always ask all the questions you need to when you go in. You will love his nurses! Anyone is welcome to email me if they have questions
Dr Varon has been recommended to me by a friend. I am wondering if you can give me an idea how much each procedure cost you? Also, if you financed, were the terms decent?
Have myTT procedure with Dr. Jacob Veron on May 23, 2012. Very excited. Cost out of pocket is 5000+. The staff is very informative with all information needed about the procedure and cost.
hey there -
my friend and i are both very interested in getting TT. She already had a consult with dr. Varon, I have an appt scheduled. Can you tell me how your procedure went? are you satisfied with the results?
Had a TT consultation with Dr. Jacob Veron in Houston Texas yesterday. He was highly recommended,I also saw results of his work on someone I know. Waiting for appointment call.
I am 5 weeks post op today! I guess everyone heals and feels different. i had 3 c-sections in the past and lost over 70 lbs. I had a tt, and felt no pain at all. I actually only took pain pills for 48 hours after. Although i'm very swelled and tender, i get a great deal of itching; due to my muscles being redone. I'm happy I no longer see my big pouch, but healing I hear can take up to a full year.
Can a tummy tuck and inner thigh lift be done during the same surgery? Has any one done both together?
I need more infos about doctors. any recommendation? ready for a tummy tuck, breast lift and lipo of inner and outer tighs.
I would like to know which doctors that the lady was speaking of. She said there was 4 that she would reccomend.
I am five days post op TT today and still hoping that some day soon I will wake up and want to move around again. The drain tubes are making me so miserable and the back pain is worse than my incision pain. I was just wondering if anybody had any advice on how to get any comfort.
Hi, I am 3 weeks post op today and feel great!! I felt the same as you on day 5 too --rest rest and more rest are all that helps right now. You will be up and about without so much pain around the 2nd week and now i'm in the 3rd week and doing everything (slowly) and no lifting. All you can do is sleep and relax and trust me it will get better. But i do have a question for anyone reading this. I can not get my jeans done up yet , how long did it take to wear your old clothes??
It took me about 6 weeks to get back into my jeans and other clothes.
I am 3 wks post op. I must say so far so good!! I could stand up straight after 4 days and just have a little bit of swelling. My scar is a little higher than what I would've liked, though. I'm still having itching every now and then on my upper thighs, don't know if that's normal. My scar is barely visible except at the highest points on my upper hips. Doctor says that will fade after 1 yr. I definitely have the bikini body I've been wanting for a long time after having 2 kids. If you are considering this, go through with it! Just make sure it's with a surgeon you are comfortable with and is board certified!!
hi,
I just came across your post from '09. I, too, feel my scar is high. I am only 8 days post op, tummy super flat but there is going to be no way to hide this scar! How do you feel about it now? And do you have a picture of it? I would like to know if it is similiar to how high mine is.
Thanks!
I am scheduled to have a TT with Dr Jacob Varon in Houston, I can not find much info from patients about his work. Can anyone help me???
Did you use Dr Varon In Houston? I was recommended to him by my friend, I have not made an appt with him yet. Did you do surgery with him yet? how was it? I hear he is great with TT. Please let me know...
Did you end up having the TT w/Dr. Varon? How did it go? I had a consultation with him and am waiting to see when I am going to schedule it.
Hello all, I've also made an appt to have a consulation with Dr. Varon for Jan of 2010. I have heard great things about the results and recovery after he performs the TT. I hope all goes well for you all. Keep me posted on the results. : )
I couldn't find anything on Dr. Jacob Veron either. I live in Dallas and was willing to drive to Houston because I've heard good things about him. Did you have the TT? How did it turn out? Please let me know. I'm thinking of driving to Houston. My email address is whitleyk@sbcglobal.net
Good luck with your surgery and recovery! If you are confident in your surgeon, it will be fine! I have a girlfriend who is having a TT done in a week and a half and I am going to take her for the surgery and then take care of her for a couple of days while her husband is out of town. She is very excited, too! Let us know how it all goes for you! -Amy
Hi My name is Amber I went today for my consultation and I am scared to death! I go in Monday Morning and I'm so freaked out!! Please tell me this is worth it, I hate my stomach right now, and I would love to run around with my two kids and feel confident! I am so excited yet, I'm thinking of all the horror stories I hear!!!!Wish me luck everyone!!!! Monday new tummy and lipo!! Eeks! I'll update yall when I'm feeling up to it.
Hi Amber, I noticed your date of post was sep 08. How did you make out with your surgery? I hope you are happy with the recovery and the results. I am on day 11 post op and just started ozing a bit from my incision. My ps said this is normal as my body is removing the fluids it doen no want. I must confess, I'm a bit scared as I don't want to get an infection. I have been trying so hard to do everything right for my recovery. My husband bought us an all inclusive trip for an &R. Now I'm scared wont be fully recovered. The trip will be at 8wks post op. Any advice/input?
You will still be a bit swollen at 8 weeks post-op. But you should otherwise be feeling fine. Most doctors I know around the D/FW area release patients to go about normal activities between 6 and 8 weeks. I felt great at 8 weeks and just kept getting better. At 8 weeks I hosted 2 parties in one day at my pool -- my son's 8th brithday party in the morning and then a big party (about 55 people) for friends and their kids that evening. I felt fine to do all that needed to be done to prepare and hostess. You will be fine -- just keep thinking those positive thoughts and you will heal much faster!!!
Hi, there! I would recommend that you get more than one consultation to make sure that you like the doctor and think he/she can give you the results you are looking for. My doctor is {edited} from Southlake. I also recommend {edited} in Grapevine, {edited} in Arlington and {edited} in Fort Worth. All of these doctors are Board Certified Plastic Surgeons -- this is VERY IMPORTANT!!! I have friends who have used the other doctors and are pleased with their results. As far as you being young, make sure that you are finished having kids. If not, you will destroy all the work of the tummy tuck. Getting pregnant again will pull the muscles apart that the doctor will tie together and it will stretch the skin to such a degree that another tummy tuck might be impossible. And, the pain and inability to stand up straight is much worse with a tummy tuck than a c-section -- I had a c-section so I can compare the two! I couldn't stand up straight for 3 full weeks with the tummy tuck and I could stand up straight the next day after my c-section. But, as I mentioned in the review on RealSelf.com, they gave me pain pills and muscle relaxers to help. You WILL need lots of help after the surgery -- probably for at least a week (maybe longer). You will not be able to lift more than 10 pounds for several weeks. I could not return to completely normal activity for 6 weeks. That will mean taking care of the twins will be difficult for at least the first few weeks. With all that said, I highly recommend the surgery -- I love how I look now! And I know others who have had the same procedure and they have all loved it! Editor note: To make or request doctor recommendations, please visit our Doctor Recommendation Forums. Or contact another user privately by clicking on their username.