Tummy Tuck on May 12th

My surgery is scheduled for Wed. May 12th. I am so...

My surgery is scheduled for Wed. May 12th. I am so excited and a little scared. I am not really scared of the pain as I have had 4 C-Sections in the last 8 years. I think I am more scared of the anesthesia and the thought keeps going through my mind "what if" something happens to me. I don't want my babies to have to go through the pain of losing a parent. I am sure all will be fine, but the thought is still there. I am pretty healthy. I don't smoke or drink. I am 5'1 and I weigh 145. I am 25 pounds heavier than I was before my babies. I just can't seem to get rid of this belly that hangs down. My husband while he is supportive of this thinks I should just learn to love myself, but I can't get comfortable with this hanging there. So I am having an avelar Tummy Tuck with aggressive lipo to the abdomen, hips, flanks and bra fat roll. I am really excited!!! My husband wants me to plan my meals for the five days following the surgery so he will have everything he needs. Any advice on what to eat or any other dos and don't. I have read several reviews, but don't want to miss anything.

Currently 1 month 9 days Post op. I am really...

Currently 1 month 9 days Post op. I am really starting to like the looks of my belly. I still have some swelling and my doctor said to wait another 3 weeks before the majority of the swelling subsides. My incision is almost closed again and yes it looks ugly, but I still like it better than the belly hanging down. I can stand up straight, but getting up and started still hurts a little. Over all I am still optimistic that everything is going to look great!

The journey is slow, but worth it. Advice...

The journey is slow, but worth it. Advice don't go back to work after just one week, you will come apart, literally!

Well I am officially 8 weeks post op and really...

Well I am officially 8 weeks post op and really happy with the results. My incision is closed now and is beginning to shrink. My belly is so flat when I wake up in the morning, but after I eat it gradually starts swelling. Very little pain now, ocassionally when I get up too fast, lift too much or if the swelling gets bad then it hurts a little. Still have some light pain in the lipo areas mainly when I try and lay on my sides. Overall, I am glad I did this!!!

Dr. Michelle Cohn

Easy to communicate with!

Omg I feel so bad for your wound thank u God bless u How are u doing I actually came on here looking for answers I'm 11 days post op my wound seems to be opening my doc said because of my smoking but I quite since my surgery and now reading your post I found my answer I to am doing to much like u I have a busy life because of Your post I'm not moving off this couch! Please let me know how your doing I don't know u but I Really do care God bless Tess
i am now 10 days post op and getting aroung pretty good. i went back work on day 7, that was a little rough only made it half a day. went the following day and made it 8 out of the 10 hours. day 9 i went for my follow up appointment, my ps said healing well, but part of my incision is trying to open up a little. she said probably doing too much too soon and try to take it easy. i haven't had pain med since day 5. i do take motrin for the swelling. still can't stand up straight or shower by myself. my binder is really uncomfortable so i take it off at night to sleep. however after all that i am happy with the results this far. when i am lying down my tummy is so flat. when i stand up it is still puffy around the midsection, but i know this is just swelling. my clothes still don't fit, but i am getting smaller everyday. my doctor said they removed 3 liters of fat and she showed me the pictures. i am so excited about how it will all end up. i must say my husband has been the best! i couldn't have done this without him. he has changed the bandages, helped me into and out of bed, go to the bathroom, showered me, dressed me, medicated me and took care of the house and four kids, what a man!!! eventually i will post pictures.
Yay!! How exciting! I have my tt scheduled for July 6th. I have been nervous that the pain is going to be worse than my 2 c-sections. After reading your post, I am excited!!! Can't wait to see pictures, please keep us updated!! :)
Hooray for you! Please keep us posted on how you're healing. And, as rdy4anewme suggested, we'd love to see your photos!
Congrats to you...I wish you the best on your recovery and please post pics and updates on your journey. I am so excited and the count down to my July TT fastly approches.
well i survived the surgery! i can say this feels similar to a c-section just not as bad. my pain is tolerable, i have been up and walking around a lot, had my first shower and i feel great. of course i am sore and brusied, but feel confident i am going to be happy with the results. i will post pictures in the next couple of days.