Breast Augmentation and Tummy Tuck - Tulsa, OK

I was the happiest girl in the world the day of...

I was the happiest girl in the world the day of surgery, and for about 2 weeks after. Then the problems started. My implants fell to low and far apart. My tummy tuck left me with a puppy dog ear and need lipo my surgery was expensive compared to other doctors that would do all three procedures for 2,000 dollars less than the doctor I went with. He said all the right things and made my trust in him and his staff. I paid 12,000 dollars CASH! For my implants and tummy tuck NO lipo! He said he wouldn't do all three to come back in 3 months. I told him I wouldn't be able to afford that cause he quoted me 3,500 for lipo. On top of $12,000 I don't have that kinda money with 4 girls. It took 7 years and everything I had to do this for me. He said you will find away. But that's for sure not possible now that I hate the way my surgery turned out. He told me that I would have to deal with my results that he wasn't going to fix me and didn't like that I criticized his work. And walked out on me. I just wanted to cry right there! I haven't been back because he was so rude my last visit. He was so confident in his work as his nurses were too. That's why I chose him even though he was more expensive and the other doctors I seen would have done all 3 procedure's for a lot less.

When I was still happy

Just after surgery

5months post op

Embarrassing

5 months post op

Last pictures didn't upload

more 5 month post op

Sorry for the delay in after pics having trouble getting them to upload

sagging

So saggy it makes my torso look short. Scared if I have to live like this my boobs are going to end up at my belly button in a few years.
Dr.Mathers

Doesn't take criticism, and will not let you talk if you complain about his work he will walk out on you. I wasn't being rude or ugly just explaining my concerns and he said deal with it! Great at consultation and rude after surgery!

I did go back, this time with my husband! I addressed my concerns and issues. I had my breast and tummy tuck revised but yet again it was a fail!!!! He didn't fix my hips and this time told me to live in a bra and that I needed to do a body lift with lipo to fix my hips!!!!!! Uhhhh!!!! No! He should have done lipo the first go around my body isn't a toy to play or practice on.... He's got 20 plus years experience! I will never go back there again! He told me I didn't need a lift the first time, I would just have even more scars to look at and lipo would fix my hips.... And now I need lipo and a body lift all the way around because it looked like I had lost more weight. I weigh the same as I did the day he operated on me. Hugh mistake going back, but I was desperate and depressed! But nothing has changed even after my revision surgery.
So sorry to hear about that. My mom had a similar issue with her face lift with a different surgeon. I haven't seen your pictures but if everything did fail, maybe any legal means through the contract is the best way.
I am in Tulsa and looking for a PS for a tummy tuck, breast lift, augmentation and your honest review definitely makes ME move onto someone else. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your experience with me. In my opinion, there is standard medical practice for pretty much every procedure done in medicine. Some doctors may have small things they do but in general there are standards. For instance, if most surgeons do lipo during a TT then that should be standard practice. I would consider contacting the State or National Plastic Surgery Licensing Board and see what the "standard" medical practice is for a TT. And most definitely consider arbitration if the procedure did not turn out well and he refuses to revise for free. Also, you can complain to the State Medical Board and whatever Plastic Licensing Board he is affiliated with if he won't fix for you. Use all tools available in the contract and then public opinion if that doesn't work, cheaper for him to simply fix the issues in the long run. BTW, you can always get a permit to picket on a public street corner but definitely give him the option to fix first.
So sorry your PS is such an Ahole! Some doctors are just money hungry. They think because they've been doing it for so long they can't be told their work is not good. Read all the papers you signed or go to a lawyer for a free consultation and have them explain them to you. If its a corporation call the corporate office & fight it. You paid a lot of money he should at least be able to accomodate you for a much less price. Best of luck. Do your research.
Did he place ur implants over or under the muscle? I feel so bad for u! Ur ps doesn't do free revisions??? Wtf! I'm sooo sad for u :0( I just had free revision surgery last week and my ps was rude to me also, smug about my criticism and ignoring and contradicting to my suggestions. But then his assistant ps came in (THANK GOD) and made suggestions. I'm in the early stages of healing, and I'm already soooo much happier! Don't give up on fighting for the body u want and deserve! Even if u don't like ur ps, he needs to fix ur concerns! Fight for it!
Under the muscle, which I was never told that when you use your breast muscles your breast will have deformation. My implants are smooth round high profile gel Mentor implants. 375 both left and right and my left is quite bigger.
If he did it under the muscle, then he did not suture the muscle flap back well and it looks like the implant fell through. My implants are also under the muscle and they are still in the same place since they were put in 5 years ago. The muscle actually holds them in.
My first set were under muscle and they did end up sagging after having another baby, but they shouldn't be doing this right off the bat. Did he recommend a lift or give you that option? From the looks of the pics your implants are high but you're bottoming out very early on. This may have been avoided with a lift.
I'm sorry things did not come out the way they should of but I was wondering if you and your PS discuss about a lift? From the 1st pic you can tell your breast are almost to your elbows. I had a friend that thought she didn't need a lift and didn't even bring it up to her PS and now, she hates her boobs and now they look more saggier from the implants. Ask your PS if he could do a lift, revision on your door ear and lipo. $3,500 just for lipo is a lot, especially if you were already planning on doing a MM. He should of included it in your MM over price. Hope things work out with him or look for another PS in your area.
I agree with all the moms who have commented here. I know you are trying to balance how you feel and what your hubby and family probably want you to do or rather not do...in the end, it comes down to your conviction. My 2 cents are to be a resilient force and do this without disrupting your life. Goons to dr office repeatedly etc I'm not sure with 4 girls and a life how feasible it is not to mention the stress it causes to be in the toxic environment. Best to call around for a law firm and see if they can take your case with fee contingent on winning. Let the lawyers handle it. Do it silently (only hubby and you need to know). The rest of the works has no business in what we do with our bodies. You are a strong woman. Having 4 kids and managing them is tremendous! Think it quietly, make some phone calls and stay away from negativity. We are here to support you!
Call the state medical board
Also I have to add most every PS I've come across has required lipo with a TT. Otherwise you do end up with unevenness. Did he warn you of this? I'm really surprised he wouldn't do lipo at the same time that doesn't make sense
Did you just get an implant or did you get a lift as well? I agree with never too late. Look into the paperwork you signed with him to see what your options are. Usually alot of ground can be made through arbitration. I'm sorry you've had a poor experience I would definitely contact a lawyer.
OMG !!! I have to ask did you look at his work before hand ?
Yes, I looked at his work before I deciding to go with him. He had a few mommy before and after pictures that looked a lot like I did and they were great. Another reason I had confidence in him. Some of his nurses were also patients of his who said you could bounce a nickel off their tummy after he did their tummy tuck. My sister-in-law a few years ago had had a tummy tuck done and was left with dog ears on both sides and I said this was a concern of mine, they said well that won't happen with Dr.Mark Mathers that he cuts from hip to hip a longer incision is what prevents these things from happening.
I think you should get a hold of the State Medical Board. This should never be allowed to happen to another person. Even if he offered to do a revision I wouldn't accept it.
Honey, I would consult with a lawyer and ask what your options are. Typically, when faced with a potential lawsuit, it would be cheaper for him to refund you the money so you can go and get another PS to fix what this doctor did to you. Your boobs and the dog ears are all fixable.
I would copy and paste his picture and info from the web and get on every forum i could and put him and his work on blast. Interview with your local patch or paper about your problem news stations love love that stuff, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO BE EMBARRASSED ABOUT !
I wish I didn't feel embarrassment from this but I have caught so much flack from my husband's family members about it and how I waisted so much money on myself only to be depressed and unhappy. It's caused bad fights and lots of drama in my life that I don't need I hate being kicked when I'm already down. I will however call and ask for a refund just to see what they say and also I have been going on web sites that rate him and leave my story for others to read.
I agree
Screw anyone making you feel bad. Everyone has a right to feel good about themselves and have the outside match what's inside. Don't let anyone make you feel guilty for wanting to be happy.
Unacceptable keep complaining until he listens. Word of mouth is the best way!
I completely agree it's most certainly unacceptable, and if I didn't live 2 hours away and gas prices weren't killing us. I would be in his office complaining every day, but the man seriously doesn't care. Sad thing is he told me most of his work was fixing other doctors mistakes. Which also made me feel like choosing him was a great choice. To bad I had to find out the hard way.
I am still on the fence about getting my surgeries. I can understand your frustration. I would stand in his office all day showing people what he did to you and blast him all over the internet until he fixed the problem or refunded part of your money. Thank you for being brave enough to share your story.
Funny you mentioned standing in his office and showing what he did! I have thought about doing that so many times, but I figure he'd call the police on me! But even if it made one person walk out on him I think it may just be worth it! It's ruined me to the point I have lost all self confidence. But If I mention it to my husband he gets so angry because we spent so much money to make my life easier and value myself more. It's not been easy sharing this but I have no one to understand what I'm feeling or going through. I have 4 girls and I hope they never have a day in their life feeling this way! Its horrible andI don't want to reflect on them.