Breast reduction and mini tummy tuck scheduled!-Tulsa, OK

I interviewed several board certified plastic...

I interviewed several board certified plastic surgeons in my area and chose Dr. Rubis. I'm 5'7" 135 lbs and 32G. I have had one child. I'm fairly active, but have lots of upper back, neck, and shoulder pain- which increased since having a child. Just being in an upright position all day with little activity causes pain and numbness in my back- only when I lie down at night for bed is there any relief. looking forward to being even more active without all the pain! I was approved for coverage by my insurance, so I'm not sure of the exact amount currently. This is an estimate.

I'm having a mini tummy tuck and breast reduction...

I'm having a mini tummy tuck and breast reduction next week. I'm not nervous yet, just really excited. I'm trying to figure out how to tell my five year old son that I'll have to rest for a few days without getting too graphic with my surgery....an age appropriate response so he understands that mommy needs to rest, but she is okay too :-)??? Every time I get dressed in the morning and put on my very uncomfortable tight bra I get more and more excited about the surgery. It will be so nice to not have to wear 2 or 3 bras just to go running or work out. My shoulders sure take a beating every time I work out! I'm sure they will thank me after my surgery next week....can't wait!

Surgery Tomorrow

I had to postpone my surgery, but It has been rescheduled for tomorrow. I'm excited and nervous. My husband took off work to drive me there...not sure how to recovery will go, but I will update you all!

1 week post op

I'm really happy with the results. Ill post pictures as soon as I can. I have one drain for my mini tummy tuck which will be removed tomorrow. It would've been removed sooner but PS said it needs to produce less than 20cc per day and the last two days it's been less than 15cc. Tomorrow is ths day and I can't wait for the drain to come out... But I hear it hurts. I expected to be in a lot more pain than I've been in. I hardly had to take any pain meds after day 3. I'd say there's a lot more pain with the mini tummy tuck than the breast reduction. I go back to work next week and honestly could've gone back sooner if I just had the breast reduction- but do need the extra time bc of the mini tummy tuck. My husband has been a big help and my son says "mommy you're walking funny"- since I have to walk with a 30 degree bend... Lol my son has been understanding that mommy has to rest for the most part. I'll post pics soon!!

4 weeks post op today

I'm feeling pretty good. Ive been back at work 2.5 weeks! The breast reduction was much less painful than I thought, the mini TT was what kept me down longer. So far I'm very happy with the breast reduction. I definitely see an improvement with the mini TT, but I still feel like I have loose skin and a crease under my belly button that I thought the mini TT would get rid of. I still have swelling so that could also cause that crease to be more prominent. I'm hoping as the swelling goes down it looks better. I still wear my binder most days and night and occasionally wear spanx during the day.
Tulsa Plastic Surgeon

I looked up board certified surgeons in my area and after several consultations chose to go with Dr. Rubis. His wife is his nurse and she is AMAZING. They both spent a long time with me answering my questions. I even called a few days later and his wife answered more questions. I feel very comfortable and at ease with both of them. I didn't feel as comfortable with any of the other surgeons I consulted with. I'm looking forward to a new me with much less back and neck pain!