Getting Breast Aug on the Feb 21! - Tulsa, OK

Hi, I have been wanting to get a boob job for...

Hi, I have been wanting to get a boob job for quite sometime now. I just recently had my second child and after I was done breast feeding, my breast lost alot of volume! I wanna be comf in my own skin so I decided to go ahead and get them done :) My consultation is on the 1st of feb and my surgery date is on the 21st... I will post more after the consultation when i have more info and when we decide what size would be best and the most natural looking for me...

So, it's 1week and 1day after my surgery and I'm...

So, it's 1week and 1day after my surgery and I'm feeling really good. I had my one week post op yesterday and my ps said that my left breast was still pretty stiff. My right one fell right away, like when I got home the same day of surgery and my left one was swollen pretty bad. I noticed that my left one was bleeding more and then it started to bruise pretty badly. I thought it was normal because my left one was smaller than my right one and it just needed to stretch out a little more. My ps said that its a 50/50 chance that it could be that my muscle is still swollen from the operation, or that blood is filled around the implant... He told me to send him more pics monday and if its still like that then I would have to come back in for surgery wed so that he could remove the implant and clean out the blood that's around it... I'm hoping that it goes down by monday because I don't want to go into surgery again, but if its not down by monday I will be glad to go into surgery to get the blood cleaned out because it is so uncomfortable! Will post more info on Monday to let you guys know whats gonna happen! HAS ANY ONE ELSE EXPERIANCED THIS BEFORE?
Tulsa Plastic Surgeon

I had implants 2 months ago. I was a 36 B and when with a500cc implant. They are only filled to 475. Now i wish they was just alittle bigger. What are the cost to.have them a bigger size?

Hi eeds,

You might want to check out the breast implant revision community for a better idea of costs.

well, she had a breast reduction (which is another reason I didnt like it totally bother me, different surgery, different circumstances) And shes just not happy. One other person, was actually on here. But overall, I am happy with my decision and I cant wait until April 14!!!!
Oh ok... Wat was the problem?and I'm pretty sure every surgeon has had a bad case, also it depends on your body...
I really do like him! He was super nice, very knowledgeable, great personality. I have heard like 3 people say not to go to him. One was a personal experience, the other 2 were just hear say. So I must admit I am nervous. So I was glad to read this and your results :)
He is awesome! Its been 7 weeks for me now and I feel great!! The look and feel absolutely great!! Dr. Ratliff is amazing and you will love him! :)
So excited to read this! I am also going to Dr.Ratliff in April. Im sorry about the second surgery though :( BUt relieved to hear he handled it well and is concerned about his patient :)
hi i just read your story and i was wondering what the outcome of your procedure was? i just had my surgery done on Tuesday and still pretty swollen, i had 540cc's hp saline implants/ looking forward to seeing how they look when they drop. very anxious. hope your doing well and your happy with your results
Yes, he thinks it might be blood around the implant and since it's only a week after surgery he covers it... you have a certain amount of time before he will stop covering things... And the company that your implants come from offers insurance...
Correction surgery? Does he cover that? If the implant was placed or leaking etc. does he offer some type of insurance for them?
my consultation went great! the nurses and the doctor were soo nice! it's a beautiful place and i'm pretty sure you would love them! I had my surgery already and it went well, but I might have to go back for surgery wed if my left doesn't go down because he thinks that it could be blood around the implant... go check him out! :)
your consultation was the 1st of Feb. may I ask how it went? You see, I also live in the Tulsa area and have heard of Dr. Ratliff many times and I was interested in going to him.
Thank you... Now its day two after surgery and my back is killing me... I think its because I'm at my parents house and my body had gotten use to my own bed... Also my chest feels really tight and my left boob is swollen wat more than my right and sometimes it feels like its gonna explode! I know this should be expected after this type of surgery and I know it could be much worse... I thank God that I'm ok and for him watching over me, but how long its this suppose to last?

Sorry about the barfing. Yikes! Glad you're liking the results so far, though!

So its one day after my surgery and I have to say everything went well! Only thing I couldn't stand was the fact that the anesthesia made me puke about 20 times! Other than that the pain wasn't that bad and I love the way they look! It was so worth it! :)
Thank you :) and they do rapid recovery now so they want you to get up and move around as much as you can, they even want you doing arm raises and take a shower right afterwards...
Good luck....word of advice...don't lift push or pull anything with too much force. I made the mistake of pulling the lever on my recliner to raise my feet. Did this many times and after a couple of days I really paid for it. I honestly thought something was wrong because I was hurting so bad. Just rest and don't do too much too soon.
So guys I changed my appointment and now I will be getting my implants tomorrow on the 2nd! I'm going on vacation and I wanted them to be atleast six weeks old before I left! Very exited and will keep you guys posted! :)
I think that is totally up to you. Once you schedule it's set....it was a long wait for me but after I had my consultation I did think about some of the things Dr. Ratliff told me and changed a few things one being the size implant I chose to go with. So it's up to you...but it might be good to take a week or two let it all sink in so you make the best possible choice for what you want. Just my 2 cents. P.s. I know you are excited as I was too and had to put mine off for 2 months due to work issues. Longest 2months of my life. But you are making a life altering decision....make it with as much time and info as you need. I even got a 2nd opinion to make sure I was choosing the right dr. Keep us posted.
So I was thinking since I lived a couple of hours from Tulsa that I should go ahead and get my surgery done the day after my consultation... It just seems more convienent... do you think that would be a good idea or should I wait atleast a week? Also, did he make you take vitamin c or antibiotics before your surgery?

Thanks for starting your story here on RealSelf! I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose.

Well I was 40 had 2 kids and breast fed. I ended up having a lift and augmentation. I was probably a very small B and went with 400cc gel....which was the biggest he said I should go. I am now a 36D or a 38C...I'm very happy. I'm athletic so I run a lot and play soccer. But the size is perfect. Big enough to make me feel good in my clothes but not too big for sports. Can't remember how long it took for them to drop. It seemed like forever. One dropped before the other and it was a gradual process. It probably took 2-3 months. And honestly I wish they hadn't dropped as much. But they look and feel natural and that's what I wanted. You'll do great.
Thank you, I have heard nothing but great things about him that's why I decided to go with him :) I know to be patient because all of my friends that have had theirs done told me it takes a little while... I'm just super excited to get the surgery over and done with so I can deal with the healing process... How long did it take for yours to drop and what size did you go to?
You will love Dr. Ratliff...he did my surgery last May...love my results. Just remember to be patient. You will want them to look and feel perfect right away but it will take some time. Don't get discouraged. Just trust your doc. Good luck!!!