Facelift: StoriesWrite a Review
Three Weeks Until Face, Brow Lift, Under Eys Surgery - Tucson, AZ
- posted 1 year ago
- updated 1 year ago
- Worth It
- Cost: $10,290
- Dr. Todd Case (Tucson, Arizona)
RealSelf is one of the resources I used to...
- 15 Aug 2011
RealSelf is one of the resources I used to determine surgery vs combo of non-surgical options. The goal was "the less blood and money, the better". In the end, I rejected the Thermage, botox, and filler combo. Also decided to have the facelift/brow lift/under eye surgery locally rather than epicenters for plastic surgery (LA, Phoenix, etc.) at one time rather than piecemeal approach.
After a good amount of research & two local consults, surgery is scheduled for Sept. 7th. So far, I'm pleased w/ all the pre-op info & preventive meds and herbal (to minimize swelling & bruising). I'll keep all the RealSelf readers on my journey.
One week post-surgery for lateral brow lift, neck...
- 15 Sep 2011
Photo at 18 days post-surgery is posted. At day...
- 28 Sep 2011
A few observations:
• Do what the doctor tells you to do. I felt like I could do much more than I did but following through with his directions regarding not carrying anything over 5 lbs, no housework (no sacrifice there!), etc. made the difference.
• The herbal medicine package the doctor “prescribed” definitely sped up the healing. I’m fair skinned and bruise easily so I attribute the minimal bruising and quick fading of the rest to the herbal medicine. If your doctor doesn’t prescribe it, get it yourself. It is a Healing Support Program by VitaMedica and is a combo of Bromelain and Arnica Montana.
• Be patient. You can’t expect to feel 100% great after a major surgery (mine lasted around 4 hours under general anesthesia). I had neck lift, lateral brow lift, face lift and under eye lift. Considering all the cutting, pulling, staples, stiches, etc. I didn’t expect to be a “younger me” overnight.
• The biggest ‘bang for your buck’ was the neck lift. There was minimal brusing and swelling plus the results were immediate. The under eye procedure was the worst of the four. I wasn’t able to wear contacts for nearly two weeks and wearing glasses was uncomfortable because of the stiches around the ear. It was the only procedure that hurt. The rest was not painful, just uncomfortable and annoying. Putting cold gauze pads over the eyes was like heaven. Using Hypo Tears drops also helped.
• Don’t assume that all the good plastic surgeons are in big cities. After lots of research, I discovered an excellent doctor in my town, Tucson. He provided a handbook with loads of information and helpful recommendations and went over each page with me and my husband, he was very clear about outcomes and temporary or permanent impact of the surgery (bruising, swelling, numbness, etc. and had a supportive and kind staff.
My Doctor: Join to view doctor's name
Dr. Case took all the time necessary to explain what to expect and how to minimize bruises, swelling, etc. He also talked about the emotional reactions in addition to the physical reactions. This was helpful. I felt very prepared for the surgery and recovery process.