Resurfx Laser

Do the research before you commit to any laser...

Do the research before you commit to any laser procedures. I wouldn't recommend this resurfx laser treatment. It caused blister and laser track marks on my skin. I was given cortisone which didn't help as much as the aloe Vera did.
I found out that it only was to take one pass of the laser which the tech did several. I have tiny holes and my skin feels like leather. I hope in time it gets better. Also I don't think anyone should do the chest or neck area same time as face as it seemed to have the most damage.

Resurfx nightmare saga day 3

Day 3
Still left with major holes on neck and chest. I have resorted to vit e, aloe and cortisone. I am very disappointed and discouraged. I went to take some pics of the areas that are worse. In the lighting you can see the actual track marks and it looks like my skin is raised. Reminds me of a waffle iron burns! This is a terrible outcome and a terrible dermatology clinic! You never see the Dr only the techs or occasionly the asst. they ruined my life!!

Resurfx laser nightmare

Day 1
Posting pic of chest and neck where it got it the worst!
I was told it was normal!

Day 4 resurfx nightmare

Still have burning feeling sides of face/neck/chest. The forehead is the only part that looks somewhat back to being better. I still have raised track marks on sides of face and neck/chest where it looks like I got it the worst. Only doing aloe Vera and put some neosporin as it looks and feels like I was burned! I am afraid to go in public, as I looked at myself and saw this monster skin looking back at me in the mirror! Never will I trust a tech, nor a Dr. Who doesn't perform the procedure. Only would go to one who actually does it and recommends it.

Last remarks of resurfx laser experience

I want to reinforce that this was my personal experience and does not reflect on any particular person. It's a decision that must be weighed with deep consideration and education before the risk of any plastic surgery. That being said yes my exeperince was not good, and today I just come to the conclusion that I have to keep a positive outlook. Who you are on the outside dosent reflect the inside. I'm sure I wouldn't ever do this procedure or recommend it again. My face is swollen, and left with an indenting marks where the laser pased several times. I am continuing my aloe Vera regimine as it is my only releif at this time. I will stay out of the sun for another week just to make sure my skin heals more. I won't give anymore updates because it really won't make a diffrence. People have to learn from mistakes, as did I. So hope everyone finds the peace and happiness they crave but remember its only temporary. Be happy with what you are, who you are, and be kind to others who are less fortunate.
Tech at Skin Spectrum Dermatology

Very nice staff and people, this was just a bad experience from the treatment.

I had a similar experience at skin spectrum. I had a blue peel and I told the doctor just wanted on my face and before she left the office she added on my new what was left out. I immediately noticed the burn on my neck but the doctor told me it was normal but recommended Resurfx (More $ spent). I now have brown spots on my neck. I then purchased a Groupon voucher 3 facials for $99 and had 1st facial (1hour, includes massage) with Raquel Alkali. I bought pricy products (she didn't put pressure for me to buy her products) from her but they're natural and feel pretty good about them. I will now put myself on Raquel ' s hands. I was going to give skin spectrum another chance but after reading your experience, I'm canceling the appt I have for today. I've been their customer for about 3 years now and I haven't seen much improvement on my face comparing to the $ I have spent with them.
I'm sorry you are experiencing this, I hope it gets better soon and is just part of the healing process.
I noticed you asked about your healing in the Doctor Q&A, I'm linking it here so anyone who wants to see it can.

Please keep us posted on what happens over the next few weeks, we are here for you!