Mini Tummy Tuck After 3 Kids - Tucson, AZ

I'm 28 years old and have 3 kids. I have a 9 year...

I'm 28 years old and have 3 kids. I have a 9 year old, 4 year old, and a 16 month old. I'm 5 feet and weigh about 97 pounds, but I have that pooch that has never gone away after my pregnancies. When I wear tight jeans my fat is hanging down, which is very nasty. Everyone said I was crazy for wanting a tummy tuck, but they aren't the ones that look at it everyday. Anyways I originally went in for two consultations last year. It was 3 months after having my baby. Well that was a waste of time because both doctors said they couldn't tell me anything since it was too soon after having my baby.
So once my baby was 15 months I went again. I saw Dr. Nelson and Dr. Taki in Tucson, AZ. I decided to do my tummy tuck with Dr. Taki. Both doctors seemed really great and their staff was so friendly, but Dr. Taki won me over. So I am having a modified tummy tuck with plication of muscles and a new belly button. One of the main reasons I decided to go with Dr. Taki is because he offered me a new belly button with the modified TT and the other doc didn't. My belly button is messed up because I didn't take out my belly ring when I was pregnant the firs time. So I wanted a new belly button. So I called today and scheduled my procedure for June. I have my pre-op appt the first week of June. I will keep you all posted and put some before pics up later.

A quick update to add pics

Here are a few pics of me before surgery.

Quick Update

Well my pre-op appt is in 10 days!! I have been watching some videos on youtube and reading everything I can on the MTT! I am very nervous and excited at the same time. Omg! The other night I had a dream that I had my MTT, but it was a disaster; my stomach was still horrible..... I guess I'm just so nervous about the procedure. My biggest fear of course is the whole going under. My other fear is the pain. I've never had surgery before. Last month I went under general anesthesia to have all four of my wisdom teeth out. That's the biggest thing I've had done and I was a huge baby the first couple of days!

Anyways, I already have a list of questions to go over once again with my PS! Just want to make sure I understand exactly what is going to be done, how my belly button will look, how many drains I'll have, and where exactly my scar will be??? I will def update after my appt! For now have a wonderful night! ????

Pre-op today

Well, one more step closer to getting my MTT!! I had my pre-op appt today. Honestly, it wasn't what I expected. I actually thought I would get to meet up with my PS to talk about everything. But, I didn't get to see him. It was basically an appt to pay, go over surgery day instructions and sign a couple of papers. I did get all of my questions answered though, which was a good thing. I do get to talk to him the morning of surgery. It'll be too late then to back out! Hehehe.....

So, got my prescriptions already. I was told to stop taking all vitamins, herbs, and Ibuprofen starting today. They did no blood work, so I'm going to get it done with my primary doc just in case. The morning of surgery I shouldn't put on any lotion, makeup or nail Polish is what the paper states. But the nurse said I can wear a light polish. It doesn't say anything about washing with antibacterial soap in the morning, so gonna call just to double check.
That pretty much sums up my appt today ladies. It was a 15 min appt. My procedure is paid for!! Now, just gotta write a list of things to buy for after surgery. I didn't get a list of items I would need either, weird......... I am very nervous and excited at the same time!

And the countdown begins!! ????

Counting down the days.......????

I have pretty much everything ready for my surgery! I called the surgeon's office last week to see if they can squeeze me in before surgery. I wanted to meet up with my PS since I didn't get to meet with a nurse nor him. I only met with the finance lady. I still have some stuff I wanted to go over with my PS.

I've only had the consultation with him, so I don't want to show up the day of and have him do whatever he wants on me!! So, Monday is my appt.
HAVE A HAPPY FRIDAY ????

Had surgery today!!!

Hi ladies, I had my modified TT today. Woohoo! I didn't realize I had the wrong date on my review. Anyways, got to the facility at 5:30 this morning.

Signed a couple of forms. The nurse had me undress and put this cloth thingy on and they gave me some surgical undies. She said to leave my socks and slippers on.
After that we took pictures and did vitals and pregnancy test.

Everything came out fine. Note that my PS did not do/request blood work, but I got it done at my primary doc and everything came out great! I was seated in a recliner with covers to wait for the doc and anesthesiologist. She came in and introduce herself and we talked for a while.

My PS came in and we talked about the scar, belly button and then he marked me. They sent me back and put something in my Iv to relax and that's all I remember! Hahaha...... So crazy!

I woke up and the nurse said everything came out wonderful, how do you feel? I said, very hungry! Haha. I was very soar and I felt something in my vagina. She said they put a catheter, so I wouldn't have to be getting up to the rr. Doc came to talk really quick to let me know that he was able to remove all of my tattoo.
(I have a tat on my hip) I'm thinking my scar is a bit longer than what we had discussed. Thank god I didnt wake up nauseas, just really hungry. I had surgery at 6:30 and we were driving out by 10:00. There were no complications at all, which is good and I thank god I'm awake!

So, he did muscle repair all the way to the top, lipo in the center of my tummy, and a new belly button! Of course everything is covered up now. Everything above my belly is extremely soar and my whole tummy is extremely tight as well. When I got home my hubby fixed my in the recliner, but wasn't a good idea because I have the catheter wire, machine connected, and I was afraid my 18 month old would tug on them. So my hubby pulled out the sofa bed and propped me up with shit load of pillows. The sofa bed is in my sons room. It's very comfortable. They gave my a machine and wrapped this things on my legs. It's supposed to help with the blood circulation, so every few minutes it turns on and tightens my legs. Feels nice! Sorry if this is long, but wanted to fill you in. And excuse any typos, I'm out of it now. I took my Percocet, Valium, and half a phenegren, just incase.

I will update tomorrow! I see my ps tomorrow morning! Btw, Dr. Taki and his staff were incredible!! They were friendly, supportive, and very attentive toy needs! Have a wonderful day. Gonna get some rest now.

Day 2 post-op

Well ladies this is day 2 post-op! I was able to sleep last night pretty good. My mom is taking care of my three kids and my husband is taking care of me! He slept on the floor in the same room. He woke me up every hour to take my Percocet and 30 min after for my Valium. That's what kept me relaxed. At times I did take two percocets because of the pain. The most annoying thing or me was my catheter. My vagina is extremely blue and purple.... Went to see my PS today, they took out the catheter and changed my bandages.

Got to take a peak at it and I love it..... The scar is of course covered up, but I know it is longer than I anticipated, but it's k. My belly button I scary, it's so bloody. Anyways, doc said to leave everything wrapped up and I can't take a shower until I go we him next Thursday! BUMMER!!! I guess sponge baths it will be. My flushable wipes are definitely gonna come in handy!
I haven't had any nausea, which is freaking awesome! I've been sleeping most of the day today. I've been eating regular, just small portions because my tummy just feels full.
Today has been I bit uncomfortable today because of the drain. I have one drain, but since they took off the CG and put it back on, it felt weird! But other than that everything is going k.
I took a pic yesterday before going in and I had my hubby take one today at the PS!

Sorry about the typos......

I meant to say my husband woke me up every 3-4 hours for my Percocet! Hahaha! Sorry!! Oh and my PS also did lipo on my flanks!

Update

So it's been four days since my surgery. I had my surgery on Thursday and went in for my post-op the next day. Friday was the the only day I got to take a peak at my tummy! Since then I was instructed not to take off my CG. The most annoying thing is the damn drain! Right at the drain sight it burns and hurts when moving, not to mention it freaking leaks! Yuck! Anyways my pain has been manageable. I only took two percocets today, which is good and taking my antibiotic 4 times a day. The hardest things so far has been my drain and not being able to see my tummy again until Thursday!
Sleeping at night is fine as long as I take my pain meds. But getting into a comfortable position is hard. I do the sofa bed at night because my recliner wasn't comfortable for me. Then I do the regular sofa to be with my family during the day. Tonight I'm finally sleeping in my bed, it's very high so I needed a stool! I've been so lucky and blessed that I have not had any nausea. I finally had a BM this morning! I'm. Im not gonna lie though, I feel so uncomfortable at times during the day!!! Well that's my update for today! Have a great night.

8 Days Since Surgery!!

K, ladies it's been 8 days post op! I had a follow yo appointment yesterday. Nurse took off my CG. It was the first time I had seen my tummy in six days! ???? So I was excited, nervous, and anxious to see it. I loved what I saw! Dr. Taki did an amazing job. Anyways, the nurse removed the nasty dressings with dry blood that bruised my leg from the drain. She cleaned my belly button and removed my drain. I felt a little tug as she removed it, but no pain. My hubby said it was like something you see out of a movie!! Hahaha! He's like that shit was long and huge! I couldn't look! I'm good with pain but I don't like to see what's getting done to me!

Feels nice without the damn drain! It's a relieve to be without the drain. I'm still taking it easy because I get tired fast and short of breath. Got to take my first shower as well! I was so excited! When I got in all I wanted to do was hurry up and get out because it was hard and very tiring! Please, please, buy a chair for the shower if you are doing this because it's hard to stand. And I was 7 days post op and I still felt weak and tired in the shower! ???? My back was killing me the whole time. So, I'm here trying to take a shower and my husband is observing every inch of my tummy! He's like I don't even think your tummy looked this good when we met!! Wow, thanks a lot! Hahaha!

And again Dr. Taki and his staff are A-mazing!! I know you don't get to see much of him, but be assured they are there for their patients! And they do care! I don't know if I mentioned in my above update, but Dr. Taki did call the day of surgery when I got home to check up on me and make sure I was doing everything correctly!
Tucson Plastic Surgeon