21 Year Old Who Has Never Felt Comfortable in my Own Skin - Tualatin, OR

I am planning on going through lipo in the next...

I am planning on going through lipo in the next two months. After an amazing consultation with a local surgeon i haven't been able to get it off my mind. My doctor suggested for me to have my love handles, outer thigh, upper and lower stomach, and the buttocks treated. Being so young and i was really worried about the cost ( his price was 8500 including med and what not). I was thinking about only doing my love handles, outer thighs, and lower stomach done to cut the cost for now. I would like anybodys opinion really, whether or not to do multiple sessions or what areas i should be focusing on. Thanks for the time of reading and hopefully commenting!
Portland Plastic Surgeon

I would tell you to do some more research and visit a few more certified plastic surgeons and see what they think. Here's some things to consider. How long they've been in practice Any sanctions on their license Look up their name in google and see what kind of feedback they've gotten All this will help along with the price. Every surgeon is different, don't just make a decision based on price.
i Am 21 years my self and im also looking foward in gettin a lipo. Many people tell me that i dont need it, But reality is THAT I DO! i want to be confident about myself.. Im not doing this to please anyone. Im doing it for me! I worked out so much That i was able to see some changes but never on my back rolls nor in my belly! And its very sad to know that im this young and have this type of body. Listen, i think you do look nice and theres not much work to do! only thing i see is that little gut and your love handles! The rest can be work out and trust me youll be fine! :)
Hello nwgereen, Because you have asked for thoughts/opinions, I hope you don't mind me posting here. First I want to say that I think you are a lovely young woman. I see that you have feminine curves and a nice shape. It's hard to really explain to you how liposuction would ruin that shape. I think if you look carefully through 'after' photos you will see an odd boxy shape that women then carry after lipo. Also, another effect (which will permanently affect your body shape ~rest of your life, including any periods of time when you might gain weight such as pregnancy, aging, disability, etc..) will be fat redistribution. That means that fat will go to the areas that were not lipo'd: breasts, neck, face, back, etc. In fact this could increase rolls of empty or fat filled skin. I have heard other women say this after lipo, that they wished they had taken that money spent on the procedure and hired a personal trainer and worked on their bodies that way. Not only is this healthier, you will definitely ultimately be more pleased with your body-shape. I am sorry to say that most doctors who practice this want your $$ and do not give out all the proven scientific information. They will say: oh you are a great candidate! Take your money and then if a year down the road you go back, complaining of weird fat deformities they will ask you if you gained weight, and reprimand you that this is not a 'weight loss procedure'. I hope you take my words in the spirit they are intended. I have nothing to gain by dissuading you, whereas the medical community has a LOT ($$) to gain by convincing you that this is for you. I know a lot of women who are in despair because of this procedure.
Hey Girl, I am the exact same as you! 21 Years Old - Same body type. Everyone tells me I have a good body why be upset just workout a bit, eat better...but I DO WORKOUT AND EAT GOOD. They just do not understand. My stomach has fat that won't go away, even when I was 14 and was 100 pounds if that I still had the bulge of fat on my stomach NEVER FLAT - when I sit I have big rolls on my stomach I do not wear tight shirts at all, hate wearing bikinis and I am sick of it! I have my consult next Tuesday. I seriously have close to the same type of stomach as you and thighs and love handles. What I personally want done is my upper and lower stomach (seriously want as much fat gone as possible) love handles and inner thighs. I wouldn't worry about your butt see how things look once you get the main things you want done, who knows maybe him working on your thighs will help the issue he see's with your butt. I have cellulite in my butt but personally I don't want to get fat from my butt gone!! Us girls need some butt! I can't say much about inner vs. outer thighs as I do not know much about it yet but I would think to get inner done more than outter as that is were more of the fat is I believe on me at least. I know what it is like to ask for peoples opinions and all you get is you don't need liposuction, your small already, your body is nice already, just eat better, workout more, your body is perfect...which is all really sweet of people to say and awesome they feel that way about you but they really don't understand we are not happy and that eating right and working out still does not help those areas for us...I am so insecure because I admit I do look small in clothes (if I wear not super tight shirts that show my rolls when I sit and tight jeans that make my love handles hang over) I have a small frame but because of that I am always so nervous because that really is not what it is...I have a bulge and big rolls when I sit so I don't want people ever finding out, whether it is in a bikini, or wearing a dress, or tight shirts so I AVOID IT ALL. It embarrassing for people to think something but it really is not that. But seriously IM 21! PRIME AGE. I want to be able to wear tight shirts, be confident in a bikini. So I personally think you should do the areas you think are bugging you the most on your body...see how it turns out after it heals and if you think you need more then go from there but if not.. look how much money you saved by not getting all the extras done right? Good luck with everything!!!
i Totally agree with you!
I agree with the comment below, you really look good and I do not really see a point in the liposuction, if you want to lose some fat, maybe start a diet or something. Your body is great! Think how much shopping/gym/travel you can do with 8500$!!!!
I agree, you so young & you look good, maybe try a high protein diet & more exercise. You may be left with uneven skin surface after lipo, then you may look thinner but you wont be able to wear a bikini again ...... think it through carefully!
Your doctor must be very picky. You look great. Besides the very very small amount of belly fat, IMO you're perfect.
I agree with Apricotta and ElmGal2749. You look great. I wonder if liposuction might change your curves in a way you don't like. I've read (and seen photos) where some people who get liposuction in their love handles look boxy afterwards and they say their pants don't stay up. Also, you might want to read a lot about liposuction of the buttock. I've read some pretty sad stories about that part in particular.