Soooo Excited!!!! Mommy Make-Over Here I Come!! - Tualatin, OR

So happy I found this website! It has been great...

So happy I found this website! It has been great to read everyone's experiences! Which has helped and also made me more nervous and excited! ;) I've wanted to get my stomach fixed for so long. I have two kiddos who are now 8 and 5. I have my surgery scheduled for 10/16. I'll be getting a mini tummy tuck, I don't have a lot of fat to remove, just stretched out muscles! I'm also having my implants changed, I have saline currently (got them in 2003) and am going to go to silicone. He's also having to fix my right boob as it has bottomed out from my first BA and is lower than the left, not terribly noticeable but bugs me! Very glad he'll be fixing! So he'll repair the right and switch implants in both! At this point I'm trying to decide if I stay the same size or go up a size. Before I had kids I was wearing a 36D and now I'm down to a 34C after nursing them both. I liked the bigger size but at the same time don't want it to be obvious I've increased in size! :) So we'll see....I have my Pre-op next Tuesday so I guess we'll discuss it then. I'll try to get pictures posted soon of what I look like now!

Before Pics!

Here are some before pics! I'm 5'2" and 117 pounds. Not over weight, just need reshaping! And there is a reason people don't take naked pictures...I swear it looks worse in the pics than in real life! Yikes!

Pre-Op!!!

Had my pre-op today! Everything is really happening! Surgery is two weeks from tomorrow! Will be getting a mini tummy tuck with full muscle repair. This will allow me to have a smaller incision and use my belly button. Well he will fix the hernia in it and make it hopefully better looking! Hopefully no more outty! And we've decided on 397 silicone implants, which will change out the 350 saline I currently have. And he's using mesh to reinforce my right breast that bottomed out. So excited to get everything fixed and no more sucking in the tummy! New mommy body here I come! :)

Morning of Surgery!!!

It's time!! Really time!! Pretty nervous!! Though very excited!!! I can't wait to see the results!! I posted some more dressed before pics so I can compare later! Ok well wish me luck! I'm off!! Keep you posted!! :)

Done!!!

I had my surgery yesterday! Everything went well! I highly highly recommend staying over night in the hospital. I couldn't have done this home. My stomach feels extremely tight and feels like it weighs a ton! But no pain right now, the meds are working thank goodness! Bye for now!

Home!!

Well I survived! :) I'm home now! The tummy is pretty sore but the breasts don't ache. I'm sleeping on the recliner couch which helps. Still like a wimp cause I can barely get up off the couch! I feel better than yesterday though so that's good!!

Down Day :(

Today was my roughest day. Been very uncomfortable today and tonight a lot of pressure and pain. Today is the first I questioned why I did this...Saw my Dr today and he said everything looked good but I have to keep the drain in another week...so that sucks! Super happy with breasts though! But my tummy is swollen! So are my butt and thighs! I really hope the swelling goes down soon!! I just want to look and feel better!

Breakdown

Yesterday I emotionally had a breakdown....called my Mom crying because of how my stomach looks, then called the doctor and cried to him..my stomach looks worse now than it did before surgery! It's so swollen from the surgery and because I have a hematoma in the left side. Just thought everything would look a little better by now... It's been a week since surgery! Dr said to be patient, my body needs to absorb the extra blood. I still have the drain in also which is only in by 1 stitch now so it kinda moves and then bleeds so it's really bugging me as well.... But today I'm in better spirits! My Mom is back to take care of me and my kids (no school day). My stomach did appear slightly less swollen. I hadn't seen my Mom since Sunday night and she said I did look a lot better since she saw me last! That made me feel much better! So I guess things are improving slowly! I have to go back to work next week so I just want to look pretty normal cause no one knows exactly why I took time off... Time will tell! :) Will try to post some pics later! Have a great day everyone!

Doing better!

This process definitely takes a physical and emotional toll on you. Personally I would recommend taking 3 weeks off if you can...I'm going back to work in a couple days and now wish I had another week off...this was a lot harder than I expected. The last couple days have been much better though! I actually went out to dinner last night! Nice to get out of the house! Even though just going to dinner made me feel more swollen and tired! I am finally seeing some swelling going down! Yay! But because of the hematoma my stomach is all awkward in shape. The left side which has the hematoma is more swollen than the right. And my stomach is really bruised due to the healing process. I can't wait to see real results a couple months from now! There is still the slight fear in me that I won't be flat at the end of this...just have to stay positive that it will look great at the end! :) Tomorrow I go in for a checkup and hopefully get this drain out! I'm done with it! :) I think I'll feel a lot better once it's out! My family told me today I finally look more like myself than a patient! That made my day! :)
Have great night everyone!!!

First Day Back To Work!

Went back to work today! Made it thru the day just fine! I have a desk job so nothing was too stressful. Most stressful part of the day was trying to get dressed for work! Oh wait need to back up to yesterday....had a follow-up appt. Dr said everything looked good. The breasts came out great and are healing nicely! Have to wear a semi supportive bra 24/7 to keep them nicely in place! The tummy on the other hand...is still extremely swollen due to the dang hematoma....which meant I had to keep the drain another week, at least... :( so sad because I really wanted it out! It's such a pain! But I also want this hematoma to heal....so Dr said to massage the tummy to help loosen things up. Has anyone ever had one? Are there any tricks to help it heal quicker? All in all yesterday was a great day! Felt really good for the first time! Felt more like me! Ended up over doing it a little though with carving pumpkins with the kids! Kinda paid for it today being more swollen and sore...But after the getting dressed issue this morning, since its hard to hide a drain in work clothes, I had a pretty good day! Was very swollen and uncomfortable by bed time! Took muscle relaxer and anti-inflammatory meds when I got home and a vicodin before crawling into bed! I've been taking just Extra strength Tylenol during the day. I haven't had too much pain just kinda achy and the super tightness. I can stand pretty straight, still hunched over some, have to make sure to stand up every once in a while at my desk to stretch my muscles out or I'm really hunched over! So the last two days have been really good though! I still would suggest taking 3 weeks off instead of 2..kicking myself on that....lucky I have a desk job and an understanding boss! :) I had wanted to post pics (even though I'm bruised and swollen) without the drain but since I'm stuck with the dang thing I'll hopefully post some tomorrow! Well sweet dreams for now!

After Pics

Here's some after pics! Swelling getting a little better each day!
Big difference when wearing a binder versus not wearing it. Definitely going to make sure I wear it! Didn't wear it yesterday cause I thought the pants I had on would hold me tight enough! But I was wrong! I was so terribly swollen last night! I feel much more secure wearing it today! :)
Implants were done from under the breast this time, originally done thru the nipple. I'm hoping the squareness look of the bottom of them softens with healing. But I really love the look and feel of the silicone!!

Still got the drain.... :(

Ohhhh...going on week 3 with a drain....what a bummer...Went to the Dr today cause I was concerned about the drain site being a little pink and having a little puss (sorry to be nasty). Dr said it looked ok and he wasn't worried about it. He had hopes that maybe by the end of the week getting the drain out...I sure hope so....Its kinda hard to dress for work with a drain, though I'm getting to be a pro! :) Still draining about 50 cc's a day of the hematoma, looking to get down to less than 30...preferrably even less than that. I sure hope this hematoma is almost done! I'm over it!

Other than the drain I feel pretty good! Much better every day! Still walk a little hunched....was told I walk like my Grandma! Not a good thing! :) I'm still pretty swollen but its slowly going down and that makes me excited! I even had a dream of a flat tummy last night! It was great! I've just been taking Tylenol every once in a while, just get achy, nothing is really painful. I tried sleeping on my side last night and that hurt....tonight I'll be back to sleeping with my 6 pillows and sitting up more. I can't wait to sleep on my side again!

Drain out!!

I got my drain out yesterday!! I swear that was almost more exciting than surgery day! I had that drain for 3 1/2 weeks!! So it's out now, felt pretty weird coming out but didn't hurt, I feel like a new woman without it! Dr said everything looks good and is healing well! Don't have to go back for a month now! Still swollen but he said that would keep going down of course! I'm so happy with the results so far!! I wore a shirt the other day I hadn't wore since before surgery and I'm flat now! I don't look pregnant in it!! I was so thrilled!! Can't wait for everything to keep healing and getting better!!

Patience....

Trying to have patience.... I get kinda freaked out that the surgery didn't really work. My stomach is hard...it's weird. I don't really know how to describe it...When I'm standing I can tell that I'm flatter. My stomach still pooches out but maybe it's still just swelling? Cause it is so hard. When I sit or bend I feel like it's all just falling out though.... Like it hangs out like it used to. It seems like I was flatter weeks ago. I'm just over 10 weeks now, I guess I thought things would be less poochy. Really I'm just worried that after all the money, this is it...and it's just weird.... I keep telling myself to just be patient... :)

Well....

I guess I should have went back thru my pics before updating...I guess it really is a major improvement! I had forgotten how bad it was before! I'm still nervous about the hard weird tummy I have now...but it really is better than before! :)

I think you look great as of 10 weeks. Do you have current pictures? You mentioned on another review having love handles now. I don't see them. I'm in the fence of having a circumferential incision simply because of the laxity of the skin in my flanks. If you have issues with that area after with how beautiful your skin is, I think that may be the right decision.
Yeah, you look great! I too am going from saline to silicone :) It makes me even more excited after reading your experience doing this.
Thanks!! Making the switch was great!! I LOVE the look of silicone! They fill out my breasts so much better!!! Good luck to you!! Can't wait to see pics!! :)
Wow lovely results u look great well I have my procedure in feb so I have so many questions pls do let me knw how hard it is I will be getting my breast argumentation too . Is it tolerable u think cuz one thing I'm sure of is its worth it but I'm just very nervous right now pls help
Thank you!! I would do both procedures at the same time if I was you! That way you just have one recovery time. You won't be able to lift much with getting your tummy done so you might as well get the breasts done too cause you'd have the same restrictions! Since I got my implants exchanged this time, I didn't have much pain at all on the breasts. The first time I got my implants done, I don't remember much pain either, just they felt soooo heavy! :) I had only taken pain meds for 2 days that time and was back to work after a week. This time I did take pain meds for probably a week and half and then started weaning off of them. I went back to work 12 days post op, which honestly was a few days too early I think. By 14 days post op I felt a TON better than I did at 12 days. My kiddos are 8 and 5 so I don't have to lift them much but they did real good with being careful around. Sometimes now they forget and my tummy is still sensitive and if my eyes go wide, they are like oh sorry mom! :) I was on an emotional roller coaster before and right after, feeling guilty for taking the time off to get it done, for not being able to do my usual stuff as a wife and mom. But I am so so happy I had it done! And the guilt is gone now... Just being able to wear a shirt without having to suck my stomach in feels amazing!!!! I have a dress on today that I never would have worn before because it would have stuck to my stomach! But now my boobs stick out further than my stomach! Yay!!! :)
Looking great; isn't it such a huge relief to get those drains removed? It feels as if you can get your life back, or at least it did to me. Glad you're happy with your results.
amazing! You look terrific!
WOW! You look GREAT!!
Tea you want the drain! Helps! I have wounds I am dressing under boobs and in the Pubic incision so we all go through stuff!  Hang in there! Boobs look great!!
Your story is just like everyone else... They all go through the ups and downs...I'm sure you will look wonderful! I'm right behind you!
Trust me we all go through the breakdowns at one point! I am two weeksbpostbop and soooo much ettereveryday! You want the drains or it will be worse! I gotbmy last one out today at 2 weeks but it really keeps swelling down!! Hang in there!
Thank you so much for the encouragement! I never thought I'd get these ups and downs even though I read others had them too. It's a crazy emotional experience! :)
My tummy felt the same way . It felt like it had turned to concrete. So heavy and hard but it's beginning to soften and feels better everyday ! Hang in there , you are going to look awesome.
I'm happy your boobies are doing good . I hope your tummy feels better today .
Hi there! Congrats on getting the surgery done. Hope you are healing well! My tummy shape is somewhat like yours (I have more loose skin and possibly fat). My preop is tomorrow and surgery on nov 4. I'm very curious on how flat did your ps manage to get the tummy (before the swelling). In my case I worry how flat he will be able to make it given i have a significant protrusion today like I'm 5 months preggo :-).
I unfortunately have never seen my stomach without swelling cause of the darn hematoma I got from the surgery... :( My doc said it takes awhile for the body to absorb the extra blood. So we'll see! I can't wait to see your results! Good luck on your surgery! You'll do great! :)
Hi hope ur hematoma got better. I had my surgery. Upper tummy managed to get pulled down quite a bit. I'm in a tight cg 24*7. I had a drainless TT. But I swell too...need to keep cg for 6 weeks.
Congrats !
Congrats! Happy healing
Congratulations! Get lots of rest and take it easy! Can't wait to see how you look!
Congrats ! I hope your doing good today
Good luck!! Wish u all the best!!
I'm excited for you . Good luck on your surgery .

Welcome to the community.  I am excited for you and can't wait to see your results.  Less than a month to go!!