39 Years Old, Breastfed One Child - Tualatin, OR

I have thought about getting an augmentation for...

I have thought about getting an augmentation for years and possibly a breast lift, but found I would chicken out when the time came to scheduling the appointment. I made one appointment about 7 years ago and canceled the appointment. Finally after 7 years I schedule my appointment with Dr. Aaron Gorin and was very pleased that I did.

I felt very comfortable in their office and Dr. Gorin really made me feel at ease during a very humbling experience of showing my breast to a stranger. He was great with answering questions and I decided that day that I would schedule my surgery. I have my preop appointment scheduled for Monday, May 12th and surgery is scheduled for May 23rd. I am so excited to have the surgery and then get to feel comfortable in clothes, a sports bra and a bathing suit again!

Preop appointment

I had my preop appointment on the 12th. I did not think I was going to be as nervous as I was, but I really was. All I could think about was I was finally going to do this. We went over all the information as far as medications, what to expect and setting up my post op appointments. I went to the store, filled the prescriptions and bought the over the counter medications that I will need. I also went to Victorias Secret and bought a couple of their bralettes for $10. Great price!

So a little information and history for me, I am 5'5" and 167 pounds. Before I breastfed I was a 32A (barely) and by the time I started breastfeeding I was a 36F and then dropped down to a 36DD about 6 months into it. As of today I am a 36 C/34 D of very saggy/bottom heavy breast. I have no fullness on the top of breast, only on the bottom. I am really nervous about choosing the size and right now am thinking of using the 457 cc, but am really nervous that I will be too big. It doesn't seem that way when I try things on and Dr. Gorin says not to go any larger, that this size fits my body. Everyone I have talked with says to error on the size of larger.

I will post my pre boobie pictures when I post my post boobie pictures. This has been a long time coming and I am so excited. I really hope this next 10 days fly by because the nerves and excitement are getting to me.

Bralettes

So I have attached a picture of the bralettes I purchased and I am wondering if anyone else out there has worn these after their BA/BL and if they were comfortable.

2 days post op

I had surgery on Friday and things went great. I ended up with Naturelle 500cc HP on both sides. My pain has been under control, no nausea and just some tingling in the areola/nipple area. I have posted before pictures and after pictures. One of the afters is in a VS bralette, which is way more comfortable than the ace bandage wrapping me up. I am finding it really hard to lay down and take it easy, but I know I must for better healing.

3 days post op

Feeling better today than I did yesterday. It feels like I am engorged and my nipples are sensitive. I am very constipated but have been taking a laxative twice a day. I am hoping for tonight because I have not been Hungary at all. I am posting a couple more pictures.

4 days post op

So I got tired of feeling stoned and being constipated and decided to stop taking my pain medicine today. Bad idea, I finally decided after my shower this afternoon and my boobs feeling like they were on a perpetual train of engorgement, that I was going to have to take one pain pill. So glad I did.

I have posted two new pictures and I feel like they have dropped a little. We will see what the PS says on Thursdays 1 week post op.

Nausea and pain

So I am not normally a wimp when it comes to pain but I just could not stand to take any of the pain medicine any more and then two days later I started getting horribly nauseated and could not eat for two days. Ps calked me in zofran and luckily that took away the nausea. I just cannot believe how tired I am and how sore my back is.

My Ps said I could start taking NSAIDs on Monday and I am so happy because I have a job interview Monday and was a little scared about the pain and swelling. My boobs still can feel rock hard but I have started the massaging and that can make them feel better. I will post pictures in a couple days.

Turning the corner

Today is the first day I have started to feel like my old self and in the nick of time before a busy week. I had heard from someone else that I was just around the corner from being on the downhill side of things. My boobies are still feeling hard at times but the massages are helpful.

I have taken a new picture and feel they are improving every day.

Pic

So I just took a picture tonight and it finally looks like they are dropping. The incisions are healing nicely. I am allergic to bacitracin so ps had to use a different antibiotic wash in the pocket and I had to use povidine iodine until last Thursday when I switched to vitamin e oil.

2 week post op

Things having been going better, but my energy level is still not up to par. Today was the first day that I did not want to fall asleep as soon as I got home, so that was great. My boobs have not dropped as much as I hoped but the incisions are healing nicely.

30 days post op

Things are looking better and I have my energy back. Summer is here and it has been great to not have to wear a bra!

Side by side

Top picture is 3 days post op, bottom is 1 month post op.

Update

Here is the most recent picture of my progress.

3 months and loving them!

Before and after comparison

Portland Plastic Surgeon

Overall, I have had an amazing experience. Dr. Gorin's staff was wonderful and treated me with respect. The anesthesiologist dr. Dorfman was amazing.i would highly recommend Dr. Aaron Gorin.