Hi guys im jake im new here, im 19 years old and...

Hi guys im jake im new here, im 19 years old and just had this partially finished half sleeve tattoo done. Its all black ink I believe, I desperately want It off my skin as I just dont feel im ready to have something this big on my skin. I would really like to keep the dove design on the inside of my bicep but I would love for the rest to be removed! I have a consultation this saturday with a medispa using the picosure laser and I would love to know if anyone out there knows what my chances are of having this removed from my skin!!!

The tattoo is only 1 month old but I desperately dont want it (except the dove)

Im a very sporty person and am always keeping myself fit as I have heard a healthy immune system can help.

If anyone out there can help me id appreciate it so much!!!

the tattoo

Consultation

Had my consultation today at true skin medispa, the woman spoke me through how the picosure laser worked etc. if im being entirely honest I think because of the extent of research I did before hand I already had an idea of what I was being told. I have been quoted £799 a session with the price decreasing as there becomes less of the tattoo to laser. Im booked in for the 21st of september which is when my tattoo would have had 2 months to heal. Once I have had the treatment I will post some pics to keep you guys updated.
Peace and love

Feeling down today

Been feeling kinda down lately, I keep looking at my tattoo every morning and thinking the lines look so dense :(, Why didn't I get a small tattoo first! Will the size of my tattoo affect my outcome?? I just want to start my laser therapy now. Im 19 years old, with barely a penny to my name because its all going towards this picosure laser......and I understand there are people out there with much bigger problems than me e.g. debt/illnesses but to me personally its affecting me. Im becoming more and more unsociable and I feel as though im wasting my life away all because of this massive tattoo on my arm.....id do anything to go back time and rethink this....

The worried lines

Ok guys so in my last comment I said I was gonna show you the parts of the tattoo I most worried about purely because I think the lines a dense, I also said id show you the line that gets to me the most, so here goes.

The other photos

The other photos part 2

Sorry I keep hitting post update instead of add another photo...

Update

Ok guys so ive got some news, ive moved my laser removal session to this Saturday at 6:15pm (UK time) as my other appointment would have clashed with stuff my dad didnt want me to miss....

I have also decided im not going to keep the dove on the inside, im going to have it all removed, the reason is because even though I said I like the dove I feel as though im trying to force myself to like it. This way the whole thing will be gone and I wont have to worry about whether or not id want removal in the future.

People keep telling me about the pain and how much its gonna hurt, I literally dont care, im not one to ever moan about pain, pain is temporary, the woman told me my session is going to be around 45 minutes long.

Im praying that having the dove off aswell wont hinder the price! The woman who did my consultation I believe should be ok with it, I may have to beg lol.

So guys until this Saturday Il be starting my journey of removing my tattoo, yes it will tear my in half financially, yes not everyone around me (in real life) supports what im doing (except my family and you guys :) ), yes it will be painful, yes it will be time consuming and will test my patience and be a killer mentally....but after it all im praying that my tattoo will be gone and I can be clean skinned once more!

Just another chapter in my life. Peace.

First treatment with the picosure laser

Ok guys just had my first ever laser tattoo treatment, it lasted 45 minutes, I didnt ask for any numbing cream, just had some cold air. Hurt a little bit but as I said before I deserve whatever pain it takes to remove this tattoo. The woman doing my treatment was lovely and spoke to me the whole way through, it made the time go quicker than I thought as well. Im amazed by what the laser has done, most of my shading has gone! whether or not it starts to show through a little bit later im not sure but we will soon find out, anyway here are some pictures that we took literally 30 seconds after the treatment was performed!, The journey has begun...

Treatment 1 : Day 3

Still sore, and swollen a lot! But I expected it to swell anyway and I was told it would. Really am pleased with the amount of shading the laser has gotten rid of already. Eventhough its early days I am a bit worried about my outline, I hope the line break up a bit between now and my next treatment which is November 2nd (7 Weeks). Work was a pain but im not one to complain so i just cracked on and got through it. Anyway here are some pictures for you guys.

week 1 post 1st lasers session

Hi guys just a quick update on my tattoo removal, heres some pictures so you guys can see how its coming along, currently still scabbed at the moment, hoping I see some break-up or fading of this outline!

Treatment 1 - Post 3 weeks

Hi guys just some pictures of my progress, this is really a test to my patience! Tough mentally plus im really starting to think whether or not this outline is gonna be possible to remove, I understand ive only had 1 treatment and maybe its just my patience being impatient lol but I really am hoping it will go! I also hoping this brown staining will go, Im trying to just picture my life after this is all done and hopefully being able to move on.

Prep for tx 2

Sup guys, 2 weeks till my second treatment, this waiting in between treatments is very hard mentally!, found myself feeling really low at times and just wanting time to go quicker. Heres some pictures of my progress so far.

Prep for tx2

2nd picosure treatment tomorrow at 2pm, let's hope we can get rid of some of this outline and the rest of the shading!

Treatment 2 done

Had my 2nd treatment today with the lovely Holly at Trueskin. Il upload some pictures over the coming weeks to see if there are any changes as its just red and sore at the moment. Hopefully see some break up of this outline.

Trueskin Medispa Bluewater

Hi guys just wanted to take some time whilst I'm still swollen and red lol, to say a few things about Trueskin (The place where I have my treatment). I was speaking with a couple of their staff yesterday after my treatment as one of them is undergoing her own tattoo removal via picosure (Who's results are amazing!) and I just wanted to say I couldn't ask for a more welcoming and professional place to have my treatment. I feel as though I am in good hands when I'm there and they was telling me how they have had people come in who have seen my blog and how it has made them feel optimistic! To know that people are feeling better themselves because of this blog gives me more drive and belief to try and stay positive throughout this experience, as hard mentally, emotionally and physically it is. I will continue to post progress pictures over the coming weeks and months until this ink is gone from my skin. As I have said before, I know this is going to be a long road but I have 100% faith in Trueskin and especially my laser tech Holly.
Its just a question of coming back stronger mentally!

1 week post tx2

Here's the pictures guys of my tattoo 1 week post tx2. Still scabbed up all over at the moment. Not too much change, praying I see some fading over the coming weeks. Keep having these 1 hour periods of positivity that my tattoo will go, but then il slip straight back into a negative frame of mind for days. If I could skip a year ahead to see where id stand I would without hesitation.

2 weeks post tx2

solid lines

I know in these pictures a lot of my shading has gone, but parts of my oitline havent budged they are still very solid and very dense!, I see other peoples posts who have black outline and theres seems to be breaking up massively after like 2 sessions! , im starting to think that the ink used on me may contain some sort of element that prevents it from breaking up! Any ideas?

...

Been wondering lately what the chances of my skin ever being normal again with no ink are. I see people around me and wonder whether the skin on my arm will ever be like that again. Not a day has gone past where I havent stared at my arm. Ive been relentlessly looking at my looking at my calendar counting down the days untill my next treatment. Ive been consdiering having it lasered as much as possible and if anything is left which there most probably will be knowing my luck, having the rest just cut out, like pieces of the outline that are too dense to remove. I look at the parts of my tattoo that still havent budged like the oitline of the wing on the dove and think 'what kind of tattoo artist does an outline that thick!?' Like what the hell the outline is so thick it could almost be considered as thick as some tribal tattoos are...

Ive worked out by the time I go on holiday next year (June 29th) I would have had 8 picosure treatments, I swear if these stupid dense black lines havent moved by then I will just have them cut out. Also ive decided after this next treatment ive decided to have my treatments 5 weeks apart, I mentally cannot cope with spacing them 7 weeks apart, maybe further down the line if any parts of the tattoo are gone I may increase the time between treatments, but I literally cannot cope mentally and physcologically. I look at everyone and everything around me and I see everyone enjoying themselves, then I take a look at myself and think how much happier I would be without this thing on my arm, how much more confident I would feel, how much more sociable I would be etc.

My next treatment is on the 23rd december and I will be asking for the laser to be cranked up...

4 weeks post tx2

Heres a picture so youu can see how stupidly dense this outline of this bird really is....shocking...

Praying this will go eventually.... what do you think?

7 weeks post tx2

Next treatment tomorrow so here is how my 'thing' looks at the moment.

Tx3 Done

Had my 3rd treatment done yesterday, I will post pictures of how it looks in the coming weeks but at the moment I don't want to think about it as I just want to try and enjoy Christmas with my family.

Just a quick note I have recently been prescribed with anti - depressants that I think along with my family are keeping me on track

3 Weeks post Tx3

Heres how it looks 3 weeks after 3rd treatment, I will provide more pictures the day before my next treatment which is 8th February.

Forgot to add this picture as well

3 weeks post tx3

7 weeks post tx3

Treatment 4 tonight at 8pm so here is how my tatt looks 7 weeks post tx3.

4 weeks post tx4

Here's how things are 4 weeks post treatment 4

6 weeks post tx4

Got my 5th treatment today at 2pm so here's how things are at the moment

1 day post tx5

Just in case you were curious of what my arm tends to look like 1 day after treatment here's some photos of it 24 hours after treatment 5, little bit swollen

How is the 5th treatment responding? I ask because my case is very similar to yours, and I hesitate between YAG (in town) and Picosure (6-hour drive round). If the results are worth, I think I don't mind the extra mileage though. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. I can relate a lot.
Hey Jake, how are you? I want to ask you what you do think about her: http://www.realself.com/review/pasadena-ca-picosure-after-10-previous-medlite-laser-tattoo-treatments She had 10 treatments with medlite c6 and no more black in her tattoo. Do you think her black lines werent as dense as yours? Or do you think you will reach the same result with the picosure after 10 treatments? Im asking because i want only black outlines to be removed and never saw that good results like hers before. Let me hear your opinion and have a nice day!
Yes I've seen her review before, her results on those black lines are incredible! I'm hoping that mine will be like that after 10 treatments, but il have to wait and see mate
I also get treated with picosure and I blister without fail every time, when I say blister I mean massive blisters! But that makes me happy in a weird way, makes me think its working! I've got my 5th treatment in 2 weeks and thats going to be my last until after summer, going to see how it fades and heals without treatment for a few months and resume in September! You've got good fading anyway mate, just stay positive! I just tell people that I made a mistake and thats that, I say comments like "I can't believe I had that what I dickhead!" and in laughing at myself I realise its not actually that bad, I mean some people commit murder! On another note I've read a lot of posts about people saying they've been quoted 3-4 treatments (I get treated at Bluewater UK). I think this is total rubbish to be honest, I do think the treatment is the best you can get but I havnt seen any evidence of a tattoo being removed in 3-4? The lady told me they are averaging 3-4 but I didnt see any photos proving this, just think its wrong to give people false hope, better to be realistic! I also dont think they are very consistent with how they price up the removal just by looking on here at what other people paying, does anyone else agree or is it just me!? Sorry for the mega long post, hang in there!
I do know someone who had their tattoo removed with picosure in 3 goes but it was small, all black and she left 6 months between treatments. I was gutted at the cost but im glad im now on picoplan (you pay for 3 treatments in monthly installments and get 4 free within 12 months. I know they wanted to charge a lady max price for an arm band despite it only being 1cm thick.
I predict some promising fading - thanks for the update and hang in there!!
Thanks for the post-treatment pictures mate. Do you find that you bleed at all during the treatment? Any blisters or scabs afterwards? My arm looks like hell for a good few days after a pass, and then takes a good three or four weeks for the redness to die down and the fading to kick in. Hopefully they're treating you with enough power, I'm sure they are. Also, (sorry for the 20 questions) are they treating the areas that were shaded and turned brown? They look lighter than they did a few months back. My shaded areas are kind of the same, they calmed down quite a bit, but still there and visible to some extent. Think they need a particular setting or laser to see them away. Myself and my technician are experimenting a bit now with this, so I'll keep you posted.
Except from the first treatment i've never blistered mate, I just get swelling and the scabbing, and yes we still treat the shaded areas mate
I'm always a blistery mess for a week after too . Takes a good 3-4 weeks for the pinkness to subside as well
One of the hardest things to deal with is it perpetually looking like crap during treatment. If it's not blistered it's scabby, if it's not scabby it's red/pink, if it's not red/pink then it's moth-eaten and faded. Then it happens all over again a few weeks later!!
Wilks- you are 100% right. Just when it begins to return to "normal", it gets zapped again and we start all over again. I think I'm going to do 2 more sessions at 6 weeks apart, then take a 12-14+ week break during the hot summer months.
I get treated with picosure and my skin is red and hot around the tattoo for a good 4 days after treatment, I haven't blistered since my 1st but I still get scabs approximately 2 weeks afterwards.
Why do you take a break in the summer?
Because I went through the laser sessions last summer and was miserable. Bandages, blisters, always tying to keep the tattoo covered, it sucked. I have a baby due in May an just want to enjoy that without have to drive 10+ hours round trip to get lasered.
I'm thinking of doing exactly the same, two more treatments then a 12 week break to allow for optimal fading/skin repair. We'll then see how things are looking come mid-September time.
I'm a laser technician using an Active Q-Switch laser. It's so interesting to read all the posts on here and I did comment some time ago in an attempt to give you some encouragement Jake! Let me just say that things are looking good for you, I think the ink is breaking up well. I've been practising for over 4 years now. There's a few things you learn along the way; patience! it looks worse before it gets better! also, if you can have a "break", that can also have a positive impact! I've sent people away with a "just go and enjoy a summer, see how much more fading it can achieve (don't get it burnt!). Sometimes, a few more treatments are required, but also I've seen them fade completely. This is not a quick process, our body's are wonderful if we just give them time to do their job! Keep positive and, with time, there is no reason why you shouldn't have great success. Good luck to all!
Hi Vez, this is great to hear, really encouraging. Taking a break over the summer definitely sounds like the thing to do. I'm sure there'll be times when I get itchy feet and want to jump back in for another treatment, but I'm determined to stay away from the laser for a good 12 weeks after my next couple of treatments. Thanks again for your input :)
Gotcha~~ This will be my second summer... all my friends are asking, "Why do you always where a shirt in the water?" LOL~ Such a drag....Hope this session brings you lots of fading. Sorry you have such long drive to get layered.
I can imagine it's hard not to jump back in! I can usually tell from the outset, those who are patient and those who aren't! I sometimes ask an age and say "by the time you're ... you'll be happy with your results." I can see people for 18 months to 2 years in total. I have been watching the Picosure with great interest. It is completely unaffordable for me at the moment (250k) and I have always achieved great results with the Q-Switch. Our prices start from £35 so it's a completely different level. I don't have a Ruby laser, so am unable to treat greens and blues, but have the 532 wavelength, so achieve great results on red/oranges and purples. It's too expensive to have it all! As far as spot sizes/fluences, etc. I would imagine they differ depending upon the equipment used. I start on spot size 5 and work up to spot size 2. It also acts as a safety mechanism. Each spot size has a "ceiling" and you can only increase the fluence when you lessen the spot size. I tend to start on spot size 5 with a fluence of 1.4-1.8 and work to spot size 2 up to a fluence of 12.7 (it is not always necessary to reach these settings before removal is achieved). Also, as a technician, we always look for an end-point. I also expect things to look worse before they get better. Clients bring in pics, and it can look very sore or blistered, but I always see a fully healed but faded version 6 weeks later!
18 months certainly seems more realistic than the generic '1 year' that most places give. I understand that it also takes time after your final treatment for any skin discolouration to adjust back to normal. Vez, I've sent you a message with a few additional questions, as I'm conscious I'm clogging up Jakes review a bit! Be great if you could take a look.
Have replied to your questions, but for all concerned, yes there can be some hypo pigmentation (or hyper) both of which is more likely with the treatment of colours. I tend to advise people who have experienced this that it can take 18 months to 2 years to normalise and invariably it does settle! Although absolute perfection is not always achieved, I think expectations have to be managed, but I always remain optimistic and the majority of my clients have great results that they are happy with!
You've had some awesome fading. Hope this session has great results. Hang in there and keep us posted!
I've find your progress particularly inspiring. You're giving many hope. That Ink is vanishing quickly...best of luck to u.
Glad to help :)
i think that your outlines will start to fade and break up really good after your treatment today. so much progress already!