Hi guys im jake im new here, im 19 years old and...

Hi guys im jake im new here, im 19 years old and just had this partially finished half sleeve tattoo done. Its all black ink I believe, I desperately want It off my skin as I just dont feel im ready to have something this big on my skin. I would really like to keep the dove design on the inside of my bicep but I would love for the rest to be removed! I have a consultation this saturday with a medispa using the picosure laser and I would love to know if anyone out there knows what my chances are of having this removed from my skin!!!

The tattoo is only 1 month old but I desperately dont want it (except the dove)

Im a very sporty person and am always keeping myself fit as I have heard a healthy immune system can help.

If anyone out there can help me id appreciate it so much!!!

the tattoo

Hey Jake! Don't worry about your tattoo..it will easily be treated and you will have great results. Check out this guy MikeLee Have Lots of Patience! - California (just enter that in search) His results are so amazing! This is a great comparison for you. Re your Dove, no problem, hey can work around it. And, as others have mentioned, the tattoo is nice, and it looks great on you, but do what you gotta do! Cheers! B11
Hi there b11! Doing my best to keep positive, il definitely look up the mike lee story. Il keep everyone posted on the consultation tomorrow! Thanks guys!
Hi mate, just seen your post. Yeah as wilks said its definately treatable - I've been researching for the last few months since I got a tattoo on my forearm that I can't stand! Mines is black too...I haven't started treatment yet but did have a consult at true skin with the pick laser...the doc reckoned he could get rid of mine in about 4 sessions but quoted me £800 per session which was way too much. I've decided to go with conventional laser instead just to see how it responds first. Honestly, when I first got it done I was totally devasted- I felt like had ruined my arm. As time has gone on tho I've learned to live with it for now. I can see mine all the time and it still really bugs me but I've come to accept that it's not going away over night. I'm starting treatment in September after my holiday. Anyway in your favour is the fact that it isn't finished, the shading areas should disappear quickly, the outlines may take slightly longer. Like wilks said you may have to wait a few more weeks until its settled but I'd say that the picosure will get through that no problem - be prepared for a big price tho...,keep us posted on your progress - btw I know it means nothing but I like your tatt - and the dove is really nice

Consultation

Had my consultation today at true skin medispa, the woman spoke me through how the picosure laser worked etc. if im being entirely honest I think because of the extent of research I did before hand I already had an idea of what I was being told. I have been quoted £799 a session with the price decreasing as there becomes less of the tattoo to laser. Im booked in for the 21st of september which is when my tattoo would have had 2 months to heal. Once I have had the treatment I will post some pics to keep you guys updated.
Peace and love
Hey jake, I got to say man that tattoo looks amazing In all honesty you'll grow to accept the growth of the tattoo and its unique design- but it is your personal regret of it. Hold on in there bud, It's black and less dense than a lot of other tattoos as well, plus it is relatively new so the ink would be able to be drawn out quicker with laser therapy. Good luck bro!
Thanks mate appreciate it! Il keep you updated with some pictures once I get my first treatment :)
I totally understand and respect your doubting responses. I, too, was a skeptic when I heard about the Tattoo Vanishing Method. My husband and I own a tattoo shop in Maui. A man came in wanting a piece on his forearm. The client then continued to tell us that he had had his previous tattoo removed via a tattoo vanishing technician. It is not a chemical peal or the other false "bleaching" cream products. We saw the result first hand and then began researching. The procedure looks much like the tattooing process, minus the ink being added to skin. Instead, once the skin has been opened sufficiently with the tattoo machine an all natural solution is added topically (a mix of salts and saline, etc) that then binds to the ink in the skin and over the next two weeks as the skin forms a scab the ink is lifted to the surface of the skin and when the scab falls off, so does the ink that was present. A completely safe and non-invasive method that provided 100% success. I am not looking for business, but I am just sharing so Jake & others don't have to go through the extensive pain and cost of laser. There is no need anymore.

Feeling down today

Been feeling kinda down lately, I keep looking at my tattoo every morning and thinking the lines look so dense :(, Why didn't I get a small tattoo first! Will the size of my tattoo affect my outcome?? I just want to start my laser therapy now. Im 19 years old, with barely a penny to my name because its all going towards this picosure laser......and I understand there are people out there with much bigger problems than me e.g. debt/illnesses but to me personally its affecting me. Im becoming more and more unsociable and I feel as though im wasting my life away all because of this massive tattoo on my arm.....id do anything to go back time and rethink this....
Thanks for the comments guys, im going to try and see this ordeal as just another chapter in my life, I think I should be happier once I have my first treatment. Its kinda hard because only one of my friends knows about me having laser therapy, the rest keep asking me when im getting it finished and I just have to say that it will be done soon. Also just to let some of you guys know I sometimes where the sleeve thingy just to keep it out of sunlight for the sake of this treatment. I will upload some pics of some of the lines that im worries about and the one that annoys me most when I get in later. Wanna say thanks for helping me through this though guys because in reality I never show that something is affecting me however inside this one is kicking me big time. Il do my best to stay positive up to my treatment
I know it's a big step but I'd recommend telling your friends about the whole thing as soon as you can. You'll find it'll help. All my work colleagues were asking me why I wasn't wearing a short sleeve shirt in work this summer - I kept giving them some excuses - eventually I told them I have a tattoo and that I'm getting it removed. No one seemed as bothered as i thought they would be and were cool about it. I felt a little better after that, almost like a weight was lifted. Pretty much all my friends know now and its no big deal to them, they've got other things to think about. Just a thought mate.
Hi Mate, You're likely to have these ups and downs for a little while but all you can do is try and snap yourself out of it, which us easier said than done, I know. I totally understand that you don't like the tattoo and it don't feel right for you but you really should try and take sone comfort from the fact that it is a nice tattoo and as others have said other people would not be judging you on it. Honestly I've said it on here before but I really think its good to try and expose it a bit - try not covering it all the time and see how it feels. I bet you'd be surprised. I still have times when I prefer to cover mine but on the whole I don't ( and don't get me wrong I hate it). Another thing i completely relate to wishing i could go back in time and do things differently but now as soon as I catch myself thinking " why didn't I."...or "if only I had have...." or " I should have said something to the tattooist " ( as I used to all the time!) I literately tell myself to shut up because we can't live in the past all we can do is move forward from this point and we will reach our goals eventually but until then we've got to enjoy our lives because we only have the present. As time goes on It will get easier mate.

The worried lines

Ok guys so in my last comment I said I was gonna show you the parts of the tattoo I most worried about purely because I think the lines a dense, I also said id show you the line that gets to me the most, so here goes.

The other photos

The other photos part 2

Sorry I keep hitting post update instead of add another photo...
Hi Jake. I personally think you'll have some great results removing this tattoo as a lot of it is purely lines and there is a good amount of shading too. It will take longer to remove as it's a large tattoo but it will be worth the wait! Emotionally, it does get easier when you see fading. Just gotta be patient and remind yourself that it's only temporary! I think it's an awesome tattoo, but I know you've already made your mind up on it. :)
PS my tattoo is 12 Inces long and about 6 inches around... So as far as big tattoo regret I hear ya... I'm 23... So really think of it like this... Removal will be over before we are know it and we still have the rest of our lives to live.... I dream about being 28 and ink free... Not that it would take 5 years, oh God I hope not.:: just 28 seems like a fun age number for me to think about... :)
Hello there friend, as you have seen my tattoo is a huge outline I too will never complete... Mine are dense like yours in the outer part of my arm and it worries me too although my tech assured me it will be ok, but could take longer to fade away... I would say that after you actually begin treatment you will start to worry less about it as seems to be the general reactions of most of us on here.:: we are all here to support each other... I won't say it's an instant fix tho, it's a long painful process but like I hope you've seen in my pics it will start to break up and fade... :) keep your head up friend it will be ok...

Update

Ok guys so ive got some news, ive moved my laser removal session to this Saturday at 6:15pm (UK time) as my other appointment would have clashed with stuff my dad didnt want me to miss....

I have also decided im not going to keep the dove on the inside, im going to have it all removed, the reason is because even though I said I like the dove I feel as though im trying to force myself to like it. This way the whole thing will be gone and I wont have to worry about whether or not id want removal in the future.

People keep telling me about the pain and how much its gonna hurt, I literally dont care, im not one to ever moan about pain, pain is temporary, the woman told me my session is going to be around 45 minutes long.

Im praying that having the dove off aswell wont hinder the price! The woman who did my consultation I believe should be ok with it, I may have to beg lol.

So guys until this Saturday Il be starting my journey of removing my tattoo, yes it will tear my in half financially, yes not everyone around me (in real life) supports what im doing (except my family and you guys :) ), yes it will be painful, yes it will be time consuming and will test my patience and be a killer mentally....but after it all im praying that my tattoo will be gone and I can be clean skinned once more!

Just another chapter in my life. Peace.
I forgot to mention, my appointment is scheduled for this Saturday as well, and also take aprox. 45 min, so I will be thinking of you! B11
Thank you for your update, it's important to go with what is best for you and you sound very well prepared for the journey ahead. You positive attitude will only aid in removal! So glad you found the community to share your story and get support! We are all cheering for you! Oh, did they mention if they will use numbing cream or injections? (sorry if I missed that part) B11
Sup b11 im haooy ive found this community too and they have both the cool air and topical numbing cream, will probably opt for the cool air! Keep you posted

First treatment with the picosure laser

Ok guys just had my first ever laser tattoo treatment, it lasted 45 minutes, I didnt ask for any numbing cream, just had some cold air. Hurt a little bit but as I said before I deserve whatever pain it takes to remove this tattoo. The woman doing my treatment was lovely and spoke to me the whole way through, it made the time go quicker than I thought as well. Im amazed by what the laser has done, most of my shading has gone! whether or not it starts to show through a little bit later im not sure but we will soon find out, anyway here are some pictures that we took literally 30 seconds after the treatment was performed!, The journey has begun...
Have you blistered at all yet? Amazing results, especially on the shaded areas.
Only really tiny blisters on the inside mate, nothing massive though
Stick in there. Im also young wanting to go through the treatments of removing some of my tattoos and I know exactly how ya feel. stick in there. it will be gone before ya know it. And who really cares about what people will think of your tattoo. The removal is looking GREAT!

Treatment 1 : Day 3

Still sore, and swollen a lot! But I expected it to swell anyway and I was told it would. Really am pleased with the amount of shading the laser has gotten rid of already. Eventhough its early days I am a bit worried about my outline, I hope the line break up a bit between now and my next treatment which is November 2nd (7 Weeks). Work was a pain but im not one to complain so i just cracked on and got through it. Anyway here are some pictures for you guys.
Thanks for your comments guys! Sorry I haven't been fast with the replying been quite busy at work which to be fair I prefer because it keeps me occupied. I'll post up a side by side pic in a few days so you guys can see how my progress going. Any questions just gimmie a shout! :)
You should have no problem with this tattoo coming off. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Black is one of the easiest colors to remove :)
Really pleased for you mate - drastic results for one treatment ! Keep us updated over the next few weeks- will be interested to see how much more it fades - a side by side comparison would be great. Still toying with the idea of the pico laser - it's only about 45 min drive for me but literately 7 times more expensive than I've been quoted with the yag.

week 1 post 1st lasers session

Hi guys just a quick update on my tattoo removal, heres some pictures so you guys can see how its coming along, currently still scabbed at the moment, hoping I see some break-up or fading of this outline!
Hey buddy, how's things going? Are you planning for session 2?
Hi b11, still healing got some brown staining where the black ink shading was that im hoping will fade eventually, the outline hasnt really moved . My next session is on the 2nd november at 2pm. Ive been asked to be used as a case study by Trueskin so they can gather some more info on the results of the laser. Praying this tattoo disappears, gonna be a long road. Hows things with yourself?
Is the brown staining mostly on your inter bicep? It must be something to do with that area!! The shading at the top of your shoulder looks to have almost vanished after that first treatment. Maybe it's something to do with location on body..?

Treatment 1 - Post 3 weeks

Hi guys just some pictures of my progress, this is really a test to my patience! Tough mentally plus im really starting to think whether or not this outline is gonna be possible to remove, I understand ive only had 1 treatment and maybe its just my patience being impatient lol but I really am hoping it will go! I also hoping this brown staining will go, Im trying to just picture my life after this is all done and hopefully being able to move on.
Did they give you an estimate on the number of treatments it would take to remove it?
Around 5-6 mate but I suppose you can never be sure because there are many people out there that have been quoted 'x' treatments yet it has taken longer. I guess it comes down to how well your body disposes of the ink mate
Hey, I'm new on this site and thought I'd drop you a message as our circumstances are very similar. I'm also 19 and regretted my tattoo pretty much as soon as I got it. It's just black shading and line work aswell and I'm also having my treatments at Trueskin Medispa in Surrey! Had my first treatment today. I've been checking your review every now again because the amount of fading in the shaded areas is really encouraging. How are you finding it? Is the whole process making you feel lower or happy that you're doing something about it?

Prep for tx 2

Sup guys, 2 weeks till my second treatment, this waiting in between treatments is very hard mentally!, found myself feeling really low at times and just wanting time to go quicker. Heres some pictures of my progress so far.
Hi mate, Im going to bluewater as well, just saving up the money as my first session is going to cost £1000.Just wondering if you have found that the outline has gone a lighter shade from one session? because in your pictures it looks like it has. cheers mate
What aftercare are you using on your tattoo? The lady told me to use cream and to bandage it for the first 5 days but I've heard people say that are just treating it like normal except for not soaking it for long periods in water? The biggest blister ever that I had on my tattoo popped earlier, not nice haha.
I used aloe vera gel for a couple of weeks then I used bio oil for a couple of weeks, I still have some hyperpigmentation but im hoping that goes after my next session

Prep for tx2

2nd picosure treatment tomorrow at 2pm, let's hope we can get rid of some of this outline and the rest of the shading!
Good luck mate

Good Luck!

Good luck! I had my third today and I think it was the most intense!

Treatment 2 done

Had my 2nd treatment today with the lovely Holly at Trueskin. Il upload some pictures over the coming weeks to see if there are any changes as its just red and sore at the moment. Hopefully see some break up of this outline.
Nice one chap. Did they pop the power up?
I believe Holly turned the power up a bit for the outline mate
I look forward to seeing the results. Drink plenty of water the next several days. Good luck!

Trueskin Medispa Bluewater

Hi guys just wanted to take some time whilst I'm still swollen and red lol, to say a few things about Trueskin (The place where I have my treatment). I was speaking with a couple of their staff yesterday after my treatment as one of them is undergoing her own tattoo removal via picosure (Who's results are amazing!) and I just wanted to say I couldn't ask for a more welcoming and professional place to have my treatment. I feel as though I am in good hands when I'm there and they was telling me how they have had people come in who have seen my blog and how it has made them feel optimistic! To know that people are feeling better themselves because of this blog gives me more drive and belief to try and stay positive throughout this experience, as hard mentally, emotionally and physically it is. I will continue to post progress pictures over the coming weeks and months until this ink is gone from my skin. As I have said before, I know this is going to be a long road but I have 100% faith in Trueskin and especially my laser tech Holly.
Its just a question of coming back stronger mentally!
Ye thats great news bro, over the next couple weeks your body should flush it rite out. Let us see the snaps mate
What about the shading jake has that complitly gone now that you hade the second treatment?
i wouldnt say completely gone mate, id say about 85-90% of it though

1 week post tx2

Here's the pictures guys of my tattoo 1 week post tx2. Still scabbed up all over at the moment. Not too much change, praying I see some fading over the coming weeks. Keep having these 1 hour periods of positivity that my tattoo will go, but then il slip straight back into a negative frame of mind for days. If I could skip a year ahead to see where id stand I would without hesitation.
Amazing amount of removal
Hi jake, I recently had my first treatment at the medspa at bluewater, I'm getting basically my whole forearm lasered. Wasn't to painful at the time and isn't really to bad now. Plenty blisters but it's the swelling that's doing my head in, my arm is massive right the way down to my hand which almost look like boxing gloves. I know is only been 3 days but how long did it take the swelling and the blisters in your arm to go down, how long did it take for your arm to properly heal to. Thanks
Alright mate, who did you have doing your treatment of you dont mind me asking? And yeah after my first treatment my arm was swollen for about 3 days and then was scabbed for a further 4-5 days mate, after that give or take another couple of days it was pretty much on its way

2 weeks post tx2

So glad I found your blog. I'm in a similar situation - brand new tattoo that is just too big. Many stressful days and sleepless night later, I'm looking into this clinic! Booked an appointment, hope it goes well. The estimated price and the pain of the process definitely scares me, but that's the only way, I guess. At least it's nice to know we're not alone in this :)
i think youll be alright. the pain is bearable, or else nobody would be getting laser. and the pain is a lot less when compared to the pain of mental stress and sleepless nights, imo..
Your results are nothing short of spectacular this far!

solid lines

I know in these pictures a lot of my shading has gone, but parts of my oitline havent budged they are still very solid and very dense!, I see other peoples posts who have black outline and theres seems to be breaking up massively after like 2 sessions! , im starting to think that the ink used on me may contain some sort of element that prevents it from breaking up! Any ideas?
Hii I've been having a lot of fear about the same thing. My dense black outlines :( I have had three treatments so far and don't see any break up in the lines yet :( I go to the same doctor as willg and he uses the picosure and q switch on me and I still see no dramatic change. Willg has no outlines on his that he is removing and he is seeing great results. I just hope I see some change soon because I'm feeling discourage! Good luck to you though!
Wow! Your results from two treatments are amazing! I too am getting treated with the Picosure. I didn't notice as much fading after one treatment. Good luck! You won't have too long before it's a faded memory!
Hi, my technician is called Holly, I'm due my first treatment on tuesday. I'm having trouble tracking down some tefla pads they recommend to put over the wound? I have some pictures on my own review I've started. I have an african kniphofia flower and the xhosan saying on my leg from when I worked in an orphanage this summer, it was originally meant to be a small foot tattoo! Because of the colours everyone is recommending I try a different laser so I might try alternating between picosure and a q-switched laser which thank god is cheaper and available in newcastle.

...

Been wondering lately what the chances of my skin ever being normal again with no ink are. I see people around me and wonder whether the skin on my arm will ever be like that again. Not a day has gone past where I havent stared at my arm. Ive been relentlessly looking at my looking at my calendar counting down the days untill my next treatment. Ive been consdiering having it lasered as much as possible and if anything is left which there most probably will be knowing my luck, having the rest just cut out, like pieces of the outline that are too dense to remove. I look at the parts of my tattoo that still havent budged like the oitline of the wing on the dove and think 'what kind of tattoo artist does an outline that thick!?' Like what the hell the outline is so thick it could almost be considered as thick as some tribal tattoos are...

Ive worked out by the time I go on holiday next year (June 29th) I would have had 8 picosure treatments, I swear if these stupid dense black lines havent moved by then I will just have them cut out. Also ive decided after this next treatment ive decided to have my treatments 5 weeks apart, I mentally cannot cope with spacing them 7 weeks apart, maybe further down the line if any parts of the tattoo are gone I may increase the time between treatments, but I literally cannot cope mentally and physcologically. I look at everyone and everything around me and I see everyone enjoying themselves, then I take a look at myself and think how much happier I would be without this thing on my arm, how much more confident I would feel, how much more sociable I would be etc.

My next treatment is on the 23rd december and I will be asking for the laser to be cranked up...
I know how you feel bro but you have to look at the positive aspect of the whole thing which is that your on your way to remove this tatto and that its going to happen sooner or later, i have seen much larger and much more denser tattos being completly removed, although it has takken these people two or even three years but it eventually gets there. Your being impaitant about the situation, which is very understandable, i know exactly how your feeling bro but just hang in there as you know its not a over night solution. Hay atleast its not on your face lol. Check this video out maybe it will help. ( girls face tattoo removed) its the first video on the page. And remember. Paitance!!!
Mate, you dont need to feel like that, think of the positives, the tattoo I'm having removed is on my forearm so is visible all the time! At least you can hide yours in a shirt, plus you are seeing really good results! By June 29th your tattoo will be distant memory! Have you thought about using makeup to cover it up when you go out? This could help a lot psychologically, I've heard of a few types that can cover tattoos. I've got my 2nd pico treatment tomorrow at the same place as you go, I have to travel 3 hours to get there! Hope it will be worth it, peace.
Sound advice mate. I've looked in to the makeup idea and I'm thinking of getting done after Christmas when the tattoo has faded a little. Do you think you'll get some? Do you mind me asking where you travel from?

4 weeks post tx2

Heres a picture so youu can see how stupidly dense this outline of this bird really is....shocking...

Praying this will go eventually.... what do you think?
They're breaking man, one day they will just shatter. Remember the more time between treatment not only allows more clearing time, but in my experience, also improves the quality of the next treatment.
your lines are breaking up beautifully. stay positive brother, we're all in this together!!

Hey partner. Just wanted to say hang I'm there. I got a half sleeve some time ago that I really regretted. It put me into a deep depression. I have since begun to feel better but I feel for you man. I know what you're going through and I also know you'll get through this. I am going to put my email address below and please feel free if you ever want to talk with someone who has been through the same. Take care. *************************com

7 weeks post tx2

Next treatment tomorrow so here is how my 'thing' looks at the moment.
How did your treatment go?
Good luck tomorrow pal. Make sure the power goes up, your making excellent progress but they need to really blast those lines hard this time.
You're*

Tx3 Done

Had my 3rd treatment done yesterday, I will post pictures of how it looks in the coming weeks but at the moment I don't want to think about it as I just want to try and enjoy Christmas with my family.

Just a quick note I have recently been prescribed with anti - depressants that I think along with my family are keeping me on track
Hi Jake. Just read your post about the anti depressants. How are you getting on? Ive been on them for 8 months now and they have helped me lots. Still have my down days but ive got other things to deal with apart from tattoo removal ( of a whole sleeve i might add ). Your pictures are looking great and you only have outline left. Try and keep imagining standing on a brick wall with a sledge hammer and ever treatment is a huge blow to the wall. It will break up and it will come down !!!. Stay strong Jake ..
Thanks for the update, have a wonderful Christmas with your family and keep your head up :)
Have a great Christmas chap. Hopefully the anti-depressants will take the burden off your mind for the time being and let you relax - just bare in mind that they can take a little while to kick in too, so don't fret if you don't feel anything straight away! Will look forward to seeing some pics soon!

3 Weeks post Tx3

Heres how it looks 3 weeks after 3rd treatment, I will provide more pictures the day before my next treatment which is 8th February.
Looks like its going great. I have been following ur post for ages, pts really helped me as Iv been going trough lr for over 2yrs. the lines on the bird are not too dense. Trust me, my lines on my trible are twice tht, and they are fading. The bird will definatly fade over time, it will just be a much slower process then the shading. I have my treatments 21/2 months apart because it fades alot for months to come after a session. I had a 6 month break after my first course of 8, and it faded almost 20% in the space of them 6months. Ur tatts fading really well good luck with ur next laser.
Looks good can see the lines breaking up, my outline is similar thickness so im glad to see its doing well!
Thanks for updating mate. Definite progress. I wonder if you'd benefit from a session with a standard YAG or Ruby laser on those lines. Obviously I'm not sure of any agreements you've entered in to with your current clinic etc, but it wouldn't hurt to see if a standard laser could really get to breaking them up, which I know is getting to you most. Perhaps contact another clinic for an opinion and see if they could do a patch test? That aside, your treatment journey and your persistence with this remains an inspiration to everyone on here and we'll support you right through till the end!

Forgot to add this picture as well

3 weeks post tx3
this gives me hope! i cant wait to have some more money so i can go in for my 2nd treatment!!
In all honestly looking at all of your pictures you have made great progress! It looks like the Pico is doing its job and really starting to break up those lines. I know you already know this but just give it time and it'll all be completely gone sooner than later.
So happy for your fading! Hopefully you don't have too much longer! Much of my outlines seem to be sticking in there too. I'm going to get hit with the yag my next appt. Its been only the Pico for the last 2 times. I requested the yag again, just to see if I get any dramatic changes. Good luck!

7 weeks post tx3

Treatment 4 tonight at 8pm so here is how my tatt looks 7 weeks post tx3.
Jakejd94- just want you to know you are giving me hope for the removal of my tattoo! I live in Kansas City, MO and I (along with many others) am patiently waiting for the picosure to be available in my area. Thank you SO much for posting your results!
Jakejd94, what laser setting are you getting lasered with? Your skin looks like it is not being affected at all from the laser but the ink is definitely clearing!
Looks like your getting great results. Looking forward to following your updates.. I am 10 treatments in with Qswitch and now looking at Picosure.

4 weeks post tx4

Here's how things are 4 weeks post treatment 4
One thing that caught my eye was your comment "I can't mentally handle the 8 weeks apart". This may sound stupid, but spacing them even further apart really helps. Fading continues long after the 8 weeks. I'm seeing some members here on the forum spacing it even longer. It helps the skin heal. Good luck...aloha...k
I am at about 14 weeks post 1tx and will be getting my 2tx done hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks. I have noticed an extreme amount of fading. I feel like I look down and see some ink disappear every few days. The longer you wait the more you'll get out of each treatment! Patience is KEY. Just find an avenue to release your frustrations and regrets and you'll be find brother!
fine*

6 weeks post tx4

Got my 5th treatment today at 2pm so here's how things are at the moment
You've had some awesome fading. Hope this session has great results. Hang in there and keep us posted!
I've find your progress particularly inspiring. You're giving many hope. That Ink is vanishing quickly...best of luck to u.
Glad to help :)

1 day post tx5

Just in case you were curious of what my arm tends to look like 1 day after treatment here's some photos of it 24 hours after treatment 5, little bit swollen
I look your profile every week because I have the same design as you (my new tatto ink) depth (very thick outline), very black ink used tres from that difficult to do. I am in my 3rd sessions with the laser yag RevLite may result from the gray ok but the black very difficult contours (like you), I expected to atleast 10 sessions before moving to picosure because I feel that abyss skin (beautiful) than the RevLite or c6. I would like to have your opinion when you compare sharing photos on the forum. because it is also important to have a very damaged skin the end of treatment. because for me time does not count if I can get a clean result. Cordially.
I just got my first treatment today. My tat was similar, black and grey. I LOVED what you said and how you said it. I too wish I gave it more thought. Best of luck! Thanks for your help it made it easier for me to start.
How is the 5th treatment responding? I ask because my case is very similar to yours, and I hesitate between YAG (in town) and Picosure (6-hour drive round). If the results are worth, I think I don't mind the extra mileage though. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. I can relate a lot.

Treatment 6 done

Hi guys sorry I didn't upload any pictures over the past few weeks I've just been really busy and I ended up catching scarlet fever a few weeks ago which made me really ill.

Anyway just had my 6th treatment so I will upload some pictures half way through until my next treatment which is on the 14th June.

Thanks again guys for the support you've given me!
Have seen some comments that the q-switched nd:yag laser is better for black inked tattoos? Or am i wrong?
The shading has pretty much dissapeared. I'm bummed about mine because mine is all thick lines like yours :/ oh well. Your fading is looking nice, though!
Thanks for the update,  sorry to hear you were sick!! Glad you are ok :)  Look forward to your photo update. Take care!

Tx6

Hi guys another update on my long journey, here is what my tattoo looks like 3 weeks post tx6.
Still having my down days every now and then but not as bad as before, hopefully I'll have this thing off by the end of the year.

The journey from beginning to present

Heres another photo of my tattoo from left to right, the first picture had no treatments, this middle picture had 3 treatments and the last picture had 6 treatments.
Looks amazing mate. You were in after me at Trueskin a few weeks back, I was tempted to hang back to see it in person. I'm having the same issue as you, the fading comes off easy, it's the bloody outlines that are the hardest to budge! Good luck
Do they use the same settings for the outline as for the shadows? :-)
I have no idea mate! I think so though

Tx7 Done

Had my 7th treatment done last Saturday, the last one before I go away to Croatia for a week so I will post photos of it once I get back.

It's gonna be hard keeping it covered whilst I'm out there but I'm going to do it, I have booked my next appointment for 8 weeks because it's summer and I do want to try and enjoy myself a little seeing as I haven't had one sense of enjoyment since I got myself into this mess.

So as I said I will post photos of my tattoo when I get back which should be around 14th of July sometime.

Adios for now people
Hi, Im just wondering if you know or you have seen how much it cost to get a whole sleeve tattoo in croatia?
Hi, I have same problem I did a tattoo a year ago and now I cover up because was horrible, I just feel so depress it's on my thigh big and so dark I just hated so much. I can't stop thinking about this I feel so horrible I can't go to work I already been diagnose with depression. I live in U.K. I was wondering how much you spend on this? And if you think is really worth it? Thanks
Just a helpful hint, the longer you wait between treatments the longer the ink has to dissipate. I go every 12 weeks. It seems like a long time but in the end it will save you money to space out the treatments. I'm currently getting a tattoo removed that is 5/6 years old, black ink and on my foot. I just had my 8th treatment (4th with the picosure) and definitely can see it fading more as I wait 12 weeks in between sessions.

8 weeks post Tx7

Hi guys sorry I haven't been on in so long! Got my 8th treatment tomorrow at 7pm but before I upload pictures I just wanted to say that Croatia was the best week of my life and I honestly feel like it has changed me, I wouldn't have gone if it wasn't for the support I had from everyone here and everyone around me so thank you!, my plan now is to just keep going through treatments until it's gone and plan another holiday next year!
Hey Jake. I have a brand new (3 week old) tattoo on my thigh. It's big and all black like yours is and just like you, I instantly regretted it. I called the ONLY place in Oregon that has Picosure laser tattoo removal and they told me that the newer the tattoo is, the easier it is to remove. I'm wondering if you were told the same thing because everything else I've read says the opposite. Also, I'm curious as to what made you decide to follow through with removal? I am on the fence about it because I don't want my thigh to end up looking worse WITHOUT the tattoo. Are you shooting for complete removal and is it possible?
Hi Molliciousj, here is some information you may find helpful - good luck to you and try not to worry, anything is possible.

Is It Easier to Remove a New Tattoo or a Old One?

View more RealSelf Tattoo Removal videos
Hi Molliciousj. I'm having removal on new tattoos ( about 2 months old when I started ) and on two that are 18 - 20 years old, and to be honest i don't think there's much difference. Yes an older tattoo will be faded more to start with but a new tattoo is darker and that will attract the laser more, but as it becomes lighter its harder ( but not impossible ) for the pigment to absorb the heat. Removal is a lengthy period and is a test both mentally & physically , but people are on here to answer and help with any questions or worries you have so never be afraid to ask ...

7 weeks post tx8

Sorry guys this is a bit of a delayed update but im 3 weeks post treatment 9 now but I forgot to post pictures of my arm post treatment 8 so here they are!
wow looking really good! and the procedures are working well too....... ;DDDD