Candela Quadralase C02 - Troy, OH

Just yesterday I had my second treatment with this...

Just yesterday I had my second treatment with this laser. The Dermatologist said I would probably need 3 treatments to be happy with the results......as you can see, the scars are pretty bad!! I'm having a treatment done every 2 months. I was happy with the results of the first session, I definitely saw an improvement of probably 20-30%. And the thing that really gets my hopes up is that it continues to get better for 6 months after the procedure!
I took this picture today about 24 hours after I had the laser treatment done. So there might be some swelling making it look better than it will after the swelling goes down, but I will update with new pictures in about a month.

Thank you so much for posting pictures & sharing the name of the laser you used. That is very helpful info!!

Did you find the treatment to pretty uncomfortable, or was it no big deal?

You're welcome :)

I do think the treatment is a little painful. It kind of feels like a torch is going across my face...even with the numbing cream. But it only takes about 20 minutes for the procedure so it's not totally intolerable.

It's been about a week since I had my 2nd laser...

It's been about a week since I had my 2nd laser treatment, and I took some new pictures today. I gotta say I am really happy with the way this treatment is working. I thought I was always gonna be insecure about my scars...but with the way it's going, after my next treatment they may not even be noticeable anymore!!!! Thank God for technology!!!! :)
Thank you some much Buddahroo for your positive advice, i will take that on bored as sometime reading all the reviews you start to doubt what you have done. Dont get me wrong i do see an improvement but as you said im up close in the mirror everyday looking at my face, days i think it looks good and others i think there is no change. I ask my husband and he tells me every day that he can definitely see a change. He said he didnt even notice my scares before,( thats because he loves me, hes a good man) he said my scares are still there, but not as bad, more to the surface not so deep. he said he wouldnt tell me that it worked if it didnt as it costs alot of money, and to lock myself up for a week, alot if you see not results. He is encouraging me to go back for number 2! My dermo said i'd need 3 shots of laser to get the results. How long did you wait between treatments. So glad your seeing results i can see your results from your photos and they look fantastic!! Will you post some more a few weeks after this treatment? I have taken some photos but it depends on the lighting at the time, sometimes i cant even see my scares in photos (love those shots) but that is not the case, when i take them too close the flash must be too strong it whitens out my face makes me scare free!! Thank you again : ))
I'm so glad your husband helps keep you positive!! It's really nice to have someone around who is always encouraging you and telling you they see a change! My derm told me to wait 2 months in between lasers....My next one will be in July like yours. Thank you so much for your comment on seeing results on my scars..I really hope you see great results when your sessions are complete (I'm SURE you will!!) I will definitely post more photos probably in about a month from the last photos I uploaded. Btw I know what you mean about taking pictures and the lighting being just right to where you look like you have no scars......I love those shots also!!!! lol..One day we will be able to take pictures in any lighting and have no scars in them and in real life! :)
Hi Buggahroo, witch CO2 laser did you have done? And when was your first treatment done? I had the SmartXide Dot laser done 3 1/2 weeks ago, my first treatment and still have mixed feeling about it. At first i was over the moon now i can still see the dots on my skin and when i wear make up have to keep a check on it as the day does on as i can see are the dots. At times l look like ive walked into a fly screen door. i too have very bad acne scarring very, and have lived with it long enough. I think it is a little better it did look alot better last week this week looking a bit like i started( i hope not) im counting on the 6month mark i do go for my next treatment in july so im praying it helps!!

It's been a month and 2 days since my 2nd...

It's been a month and 2 days since my 2nd treatment.....Just updating with new pics. :)
Hey there!
I like your pictures! You look great and the improvement is very evident. I can't wait to see your latest pictures!
I have a consultation scheduled for August 30th. I am excited, but my doctor charges thousands more than you paid.
I could be wrong about the price, but when I asked what the whole face cost, the receptionist told me around $5,000 but to be sure, I'd have to set up a consultation.
My scars are not as deep, but I think I have more than you, and in more areas. Also, your skin appears to be a little less sensitive than mine. Do you know anything about the quadralase and redness? I'm guessing there is another (expensive) laser for redness, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, from your photos, it looks as if all of your acne had already gone away some time ago.
I was curious if you know this or not - will the laser improve or treat current acne?
If not, is it bad to even get the quadralase done while acne is still present?
I have pretty sensitive skin with some redness so I'm guessing I'll have to save my vacation days so I can relax at home and heal from the redness and peeling...
How did you clear up your acne or did it clear up on its own?
What is your skin care routine like and is what cleared up the acne?
Anyway, any info you have to offer would be great!
Again, would love to see your latest pics!
Hi Buggahroo ,

I have a lot of similer type of scarring like you.Now My derm has prescribed me for Deep ablative fractional Co2 laser.I know there is risk of hyperpigmentation as I have Indian skin.THis is because of there will be a lot of scabbing,peeling of the burned skin.Did you see same type of peeling.how long did your redness last?How long was your down time.My down time would be 10+days.Do you thing this going to improve the type of scarring we have.Thankssssss..
After my treatments my skin feels like sandpaper for about 2-3 days then on the 3rd-4th day it starts peeling.....pretty much looks like peeling you would get from a sunburn...white, flaky skin. And as far as the redness goes, it has been a month since my 3rd session and I am still a little pink. But it is a common thing and make-up covers it up. It takes about 5-6 days for me to be able to put make-up back on and actually go in public....but if you research it, it tells you that down-time is anywhere from 4 days to two weeks. So I guess that part just depends on you and how quickly your skin heals. I really have seen a noticeable improvement in my scarring. I haven't updated with new pics yet from my last treatment because I've been pretty busy lately but I will post some soon. But yes, I do believe that for the type of scarring we have it can most definitely improve them bc I've seen it on myself. But you have to realize that not the same results always occur for everyone....but I do believe there is something out there that can help scarring if one thing can't! But give it a shot and make sure you are patient bc it can take up to 9 months to see the final results from these laser treatments. April of 2013 is my 9 month mark....so don't just expect to go in there and get the treatment and a week later to have your results!! It takes time. :) Good luck!!!!

Hi everyone! It's been a month and 2 days since I...

Hi everyone!
It's been a month and 2 days since I had my 3rd treatment. I'm posting new pictures even though I still have 8 months to see my final results! And I am going to take pictures on my 9 month mark to post on here too, so you haven't officially gotten rid of me just yet! lol. Anyways......I hope my review has been helpful to anyone out there looking to get laser treatment done for their scars. I know I had a hard time finding before and after pictures of my type of scarring before I went in and did the surgery...so that's why I decided to post my embarrassing photos!! I hope everyone that tries this procedure gets the results they are looking for and I also hope you don't let your scars hold you back from anything no matter how insecure you are about them! A lot of people have something about themselves they are embarrassed of....and not everyone notices the same things that you do. Keep your head up high and believe that you are gorgeous no matter what.....cause you are!!!! :-)
Did You used anything to get rid of discolorations? Because looking on Your picture with dog I would say You look amazing. Not only I can't notice any scars or discoloration marks, I just can't stop looking into Your Eyes. You look so charming.
Wow thank you so much! :) I do have make up on in that picture and also that was taken before I had any of the procedures done. That's why I had my hair covering my cheeks lol...but still, thank you for your compliment. Although, the redness has faded out a lot after my 3 sessions. It used to be very red to where I would not go in public without make up....and now it's a faint pink color so I'm not as insecure about leaving without make up!! I never thought I'd be able to do that again. I'm not gonna have another treatment for another year or so just so I can see how much more it will improve in the upcoming months. I'm excited to see what the turn out will be! :)
Well, thanks for response. I'm sure You will see constant improvement, although let's be clear, You look simply... beautiful.

2 months after my 3rd laser treatment and I'm just...

2 months after my 3rd laser treatment and I'm just updating with new pics.
Hey! How's things? Would You mind updating with pictures? I'm interested how does the progress look like. All the best!
You have reached great results! I tried laser skin rejuvenation michigan and I got great results too!
Thank you! :) I'm so happy to hear you've received good results from this procedure too!

well its been a couple years since my 1st tx ....

Hi everyone,
I got my 1st laser treatment in late 2011 and it is now 2014 and I figured I could post some new pictures. Ive done a total of 3 treatments so far and I'm definitely doing more in the near future ! I do see a big difference with my before and afters.Sometimes all I see when I look in the mirror are my scars... well thats an understatement... ALL I ever see when I look in the mirror are my scars. And fellow sufferers know where I'm coming from. But seeing my before pics and comparing them just shot up that hope inside of me... its just a matter of getting more treatments done and I will (hopefully) be confident with my appearance again someday. :)
Thank you so much for sharing your journey and you are right...you are beautiful. I am going through the same thing you are and have dealt with my acne scars for years and years and have spent so much money. The only thing if I can suggest anything to you is that I have seen the biggest difference using retina-A. I have done the lasers and recently tried venus viva in 3 separate treatments and had seen no improvement. I'm glad you have seen improvement with the lasers, but I felt it made my skin worse. On a bright note, Retina-A for me has been a complete blessing...it really has transformed my skin and pores. If you haven't used it before, just know you only apply a pea size amount all over your face at night where I particularly pay attention to the areas of my scars. Let the retina A absorbed into your skin for about 5 minutes. The other benefit of this product is that it truly is an anti-ager...as it hyper exfoliates the skin. After 5 minutes, apply your moisturizer of choice. I personally use Neem oil..which may sound odd putting oily on your skin..but it actually does the opposite and moisturizes the face and fights breakouts at the same time. It's important to moisturize over the retina A because your face will burn if you doing moisturize on top of it. You are very sweet to share your journey and I hope your skin continues to look better and better!