Lifestyle Lift and Laser - Be Prepared!!!!

I am 16 days into recovery from having the...

I am 16 days into recovery from having the lifestyle lift and laser. Cant give a final result of surgery but I will say that after reading and seeing some of these reviews I am truly scared!!

The laser results are amazing and truly happy with that, had my whold face done...the recovery time for that was 1 week.

My problem lies so far with the lack of truth regarding the procedure and recovery time. I was told that I would be fine to be back at work in a week. What a bunch of crap!! I took off 11 days from work just to be on the safe side since I do work in the entertainment industry and am in contact face to face with not only the public but coworkers also. I had to go back to work with my face still swollen, distorted looking. Instead of getting the Wow you look great responses I was assured I would get, I am getting OMG what happened to your face!! I took off work the amount of time I was told would be sufficient and then some! I only told a choice few friends I was having this done for a reason..I didn't want anyone to know!! So much for that..so very embarassing!!!

Also when I asked about the shots I would be getting I was told I was getting 7 for the lift and 4 for the lasering, a total of 11 shots...another bunch of crap!!! I received 11 gigantic viles of shots!!! The viles were about an inch thick and 5 inches long!!! There were so many shots I couldn't even keep count at how many there were. I was completely lied to.

Also when I went in to have my stitches taken out the doctor didn't even bother to take the time to even pop his head in to evaluate me! I think that is just crazy. My dentist comes in and checks me after a simple cleaning!!! What does that say!!

I was never prepared for what I was going to look like leaving the day of surgery..I was unrecognizable!! I cant realisticly give an accurate account of pain since I am very tolerable to it...but I just thank God for that because I was not prpared for the pain I did have.

The laser results are great, the lift is still up in the air but seems to be healing..just at a very slow rate, still very swollen!! So if you are thinking of getting this done just be prepared for the pain and be sure to take at least a month or more off ( not even sure of how much time since I am only 2 weeks in).

I will post progress as time passes.

I am only choosing yes under recommendation for my provider/doctor only because I have to to submit my story. That may change...I am praying that it doesn't.

HI:

What is the difference between Lifestyle Lift and a mini facelift.

RB
Can anyone offer specific information with respect to the Lifestyle Lift facility in San Ramon, California. I think it would be great if patients would state the city and state where they were treated. It would be most helpful. JMHO.

Hi Hayward -- Here's a link to reviews, sorted by location. A few of them specify that they went to San Ramon.

Sorry, I don't see the link.

Sorry, I forgot to post it! Here it is.

Thanks for the clarification. Is anyone familiar with the Reviance face lift? I just wonder if they are another LSL. I notice that they have an ad on this website.

I don't think they're affiliated from what I've read, but they do have some things in common -- local anesthesia, etc. The Reviance facelift seems to use Ultherapy though (an ultrasound, not a surgical facelift).

Thanks. That's very interesting. I'll have to do more research.
Carol101, you said you did have a 'mini-facelift', I assume it was not a LSL, is that correct?
That is correct. i went to a private Dr. who specializes in plastic surgery with 30 yrs experience. Today is two weeks exactly since I had my surgery and the results are 100% satisfaction. Do your homework before having any type of surgery, especially with LSL.
My girlfriend talked me into going to Troy, Michigan for a consultation. After I left the building I told my girlfriend that I would not have this procedure done here and that I woud go to a board certified plastic surgeon who would explain the procedure himself. I had the "mini-faceleft" done in Traverse City three weeks ago with 100% satisfaction. Many LSL patients have to go back to "real" board certified plastic surgeons to fix the blotched up job from the LSL. My advice - DO NOT LEFT LSL DISFIGURE YOUR FACE!
Thank yous for posting, I was set up for a appointment till I seen some of the things you people suffered from this. I must say I am very sorry, However thankfull for the info. I think I will stick with the face I have.Again thank yous and I am sorry that it caused you so much problems.
didn't see anything. Did you insert the correct link?
AMEN DO NOT GO TO LSL IT IS A NIGHTMARE U WILL NEVER WAKE UP FROM. BELIEVE ME 1 YR LATER STILL ANGUASHING PAIN, NUMBNESS, LOOKED BETTER BEFORE I DID THIS. RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH.
Go to Voice America.com and hear the Radio show that is sponsored by a well know Plastic Surgeon with another Plastic Surgeon several patients of LSL. It was aired Sat. May 4th and will air again with the 2nd part this Sat the 11th....Very interesting You will find out a lot of what is going on.....
There is no way I would allow these people to touch me. I am so glad I referred to this forum before any consideration. I wish you all the best. I am now consulting with several cosmetic surgeons to determine my options. I'll save my pennies and have a professional do the work. Keep up the good work and let's help prevent others from suffering.
They have posted my story and pictures. Its under laser treatments. I have posted my story again along with these stories of Lifestyle Lift so I hope that they will post it under this site so everyone can see what other awful things Lifestyle Lift has done to people.
I also had the laser and the facelift. The laser there was no changes at all. They redid the facelift because the first one did not last at all. I will not redo the laser because it was way too painful. I am recovering from second facelift. I agree with you. I won't go back there. But i did redo the facelift just because i had spent so much money. Never would I go back there.
I had laser and after all the pain and the promise's. A year later I still have what I started with. They said they would do it again. I did go back and as I sat in the chair looking at the pictures they just took I thought to myself do I really want to go though what I did before. The pictures I could put next to the pictures they took a year ago and see no changes. I put on my jacket and left. They try to have me leave out the back door back I left out the door I came in. I have written my story but they have not posted it yet. Stay away from LSL.

Call the Attorney Generals office in Florida they would like to hear from you....you do not have to be from Florida...{edited} Call and let them know what happened to you.

{Please PM. User for info. Thanks}
Go to WWW.voice America and listen to part 1 and part 2 on LifeStyle Lifts. That will update you on what is happening and call the Jacksonville office of the Attorney General speak to Gregory Jackson the Attorney or Amy Sams investigator. They have an ongoing investigation on LSL now and would like to hear from you.
Yes, may God help us indeed. My face looks just like your picture. Are you saying it was taken one year after your laser treatment? How on Earth did they say they were going to fix it? If they did it again, wouldn't that just cause more burning? I am appalled and pray that you have found satisfactory relief. The eye lifts have caused problems too and, I am told, will need additional surgery to correct them.
Hi Ann No it didn't take a year to heal. I have to say it was close to 2 months. They did want to do it again. After sitting in the chair and looking at my picture of before and after. I said I was not going to put myself through that again. My skin is the same. So I put myself through all that pain and money I spent and ended up where I was when I started. The Doctor that did do my laser had left LSL. I was told by one of the women that works there that he left to go and do hair transplants. I hope you have better luck then I did. It's a shame that we have to wish each other luck for having surgery or laser at LSL.
You are so right. I think this procedure is invasive enough to warrant anesthesia.It's NOT a pice of cake as told by the ads, etc. All the needles alone are torture.It's the worst mistake of my life!
Thanks for your help. We'd love to hear your stories.
LSL is a corporate surgical center& altho no anesthesia, they have given enough pills for women to sleep, so what's the difference?
I know my Dr didn't have hospital privelages. I found that out 2 yrs later after extensive research.
He supposedly wasn't even a board certified ENT, let alone a Board Certified PS, as he told me he was.
WE may have got a discounted price, but the price we paid in daily pain for years has been HUGE.