Getting 275cc Silicone Unders - When Did You Get Back to Exercise?

I've been considering getting implants for 3...

I've been considering getting implants for 3 years, ever since I stopped taking hormonal birth control and my breasts lost volume. I have gone to two plastic surgeons. My main concern is looking good naked after implants-- because I'm small-framed, I don't want that 80s, stretched melon-ball look. I went to two Drs, requesting a small C or big B, and have decided to go with either 255cc Mentors, under the muscle, or 275-300cc silicone, under the muscle implants, with incisions underneath the breast.

I am really excited for the procedure and results, but I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on sizing for me. I don't mind a high-profile look, and I'm wondering what my best bet is in relation to not having too much skin to stretch. Do any doctors or other women who have gone for a more modest implant have any advice? I'm firming up my appointment date tomorrow, and I'll be going in for 3D imaging sometime in the next few months.

This site has already been so helpful, talking to...

This site has already been so helpful, talking to other girls and women who are thinking about BA and who've undergone it. I wanted to update and say that I'm currently considering 250-300cc silicone implants, after talking to Dr. Youn's fantastic patient coordinator. She reiterated that the final size is my decision, and that if I think I'm one of the few women who would regret going too big (I've read the #1 regret is going too small), that I should definitely stick to my gut and go with a more natural look. Then there's that whole parental issue--I don't mind if my friends know I have had a BA, but I rather keep them small enough so that my mother doesn't know I've done it. Even though I'm in my 30s, I don't want to disappoint her. Though I'm guessing

I like my body as it is. I work out a lot and I eat healthy. I'm by no means perfect, but I don't have a lot of negative body issues. I would like bigger breasts; if it weren't possible, I wouldn't be heartbroken. I like exaggerated femininity, and I love the idea of having a body that screams sex a little louder. A girlfriend of mine got breast implants nine months ago. Sometimes when we go out, I can't stop staring at her boobs. Oddly, I kind of want to drive people to distraction like that. I'm a feminist, and I believe in equality, yet feeling desired is really important to me. I'm excited to have that kind of impact on people.

One thing that bothers me about telling the men in my life I'm getting a BA: the automatic assumption that I'm insecure with my body. I mean, I'm as insecure as anyone else, but that's not my reasoning behind this. Men almost get sad for me, and it makes me angry! I feel like plastic surgery is just one more option we have to experience something new, to change ourselves for better or worse. It's a life choice like any other, and it's great when my friends react with, "I'm excited for you," or "I wish you wouldn't, but it's up to you, not me." Instead of ... doom-judgment-face.

I can't wait for my pre-op appointment (I've had two consultations with different doctors), so I can have 3D imaging done and finalize a size.

Does anyone have any advice regarding crease vs...

Does anyone have any advice regarding crease vs nipple incisions? I'd like to know more about women's experiences with those, and with scar healing. I will probably go with crease, as that's what my surgeon normally performs. I'm pretty sure my scar will be visible, based on my body frame/skin. I'm scared to go through the nipple, but he also performs those from time to time. I'm only scared based on having sensitive nipples, which is probably an irrational fear. I don't plan on becoming pregnant, so breast feeding isn't an issue. Thanks!

I took out my loan today. I took out a ridiculous...

I took out my loan today. I took out a ridiculous loan, in terms of how long I'll be paying it off and how much interest it will accrue, but I like the idea of paying $70 a month for my ta-tas, rather than scrounging to make $300 payments every month. I pacify myself by saying I will make more than the minimum payment, dammit! lol. I'm waiting for the patient coordinator at the doctor's office to call me back to book the appointment. I am hoping for the day after Christmas (something tells me my doctor won't be working, but a girl can dream, right?) or the third week of January.

I told my mom about my plans last week. This made a huge difference in going forward with getting implants! She was so supportive and I was so surprised. She's always been very practical and it's rubbed off on me, which makes me an annoying combination of 50% practical and 50% passion---so making decisions can make me crazy. She made me flash her, and then we looked through my doctor's before and after photos. She has small breasts as well, and though she emphasized that I have a great figure and don't need implants, she is perfectly fine with me going a couple of sizes bigger. My favorite comment of hers: "Don't implants cost $50,000?"

I'm really excited to be at the next phase of getting implants. My main concerns now are getting back to yoga and exercise after I get them. I am really active and love to dance, pole dance, practice yoga, kickbox, etc. When did everyone get back to an exercise routine?

The date is final! I can't believe I'm waiting...

The date is final! I can't believe I'm waiting until January (had to arrange it that way for time off), but at least it's something amazing to look forward to in the middle of winter. January 11 surgery, December 19 pre-op. Yay!
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

How did your surgery go? What size/profile did you go with? I have my surgery scheduled with same doc and am leaning towards the smaller implant sizes too. Hope your recovery is going well.
Please consider going up to 325-350cc before your augmentation because the pics of the breast size you like are about as big as mine and I'm 7 days post-op and swelling still hasn't gone down all the way. I had a little more breast tissue then you to begin with and I got 330cc under the muscle and ended up with similar to those photos.. Just something to take into consideration
I (along with A LOT of women on this page) wish I went bigger. I have 457 ccs which I can easily cover up!
I like your after wish photos. I wish I would have gone smaller. I think with your nipple placement you could achieve either one of those photos. Good luck! I am practically a month out and I still haven't gotten back to exercise. Just haven't felt like it...
Elledubs, congrats on getting scheduled! January seems like a good time to have this surgery - you can cover up while you are healing. I should have considered how challenging dressing for the office would be in summer. Since you are an avid exerciser, I'll offer advice that you've probably seen already. Get your legs and abs super strong. I found that strong legs and abs helped me a lot the first couple weeks with getting up out of chairs and bed. I had read on the bodybuilding dot com website, where there is a forum devoted to breast implants, that someone said their doctor said to ease up on weight workouts for the pecs. I recall that this was so that the pecs were not so tight. That is only an issue if you are going under the muscle.
Good luck and congrats on your decision. I got 330 cc saline high profile unders, I looked very similar to you pre-op and I honestly think I would probably have been happier if I had chosen a slightly smaller implant. Read musicalsoul's update if you haven't yet, if you click on my profile you should see her name towards the top of my comments section.
For your exercise question, I got my implants in May and I was told I needed to take a month off of all exercise. I tried to start working out again once my 30 days was over but that was too much for me. I started pilates in mid-August and feel like I can do most exercises now except for the weight machines and some upper body yoga/pilates moves.
Good luck, I'm so excited for you!!
elledubs, congratulations! You'll be getting you boobs on my 50th birthday!

I had periareolar (nipple) incisions. It was not as scary or as painful as I thought it would be. My surgeon was experienced enough to be able to perform this incision - not every surgeon is comfortable doing it. I was concerned about nipple sensation loss and my surgeon told me that I should not worry and that I had about a 4% chance of that happening. I only loss nipple sensation temporarily after surgery (which is normal) and it returned gradually. I will admit that my nipples are still really sensitive, but it does take a bit of time for things to return to normal, so I am not worried.

The periareolar incision is the most discrete, for sure. Eventually your scar will fade nicely into your areola.

Ask your surgeon for pictures of his BA's through that type of incision - maybe that will help you decide. If he is not comfortable doing it, then definitely don't go that route.
Thanks! I suppose that I'm getting cut into either way, so being scared of one or the other is kind of silly. I'm happy to hear you still have sensation! I'm going to ask my doctor about it at my pre-op, which isn't until December 19. Seems so far away, but I'm sure it will come soon!
I am your duplicate! 5'2", 100 lbs, 32a, petite structure.
My PS recommended 250 cc Silicone, under. So I have been walking around with my rice filled bra and like the look. 200 cc = 1 cup rice. Place in plastic bags and form in a non-padded bra.
One thing to keep in mind. We are use to wearing XS - S shirts. If you go much bigger, you will have to increase to a medium. This may produce: longer sleeves, lower shoulders, wider waits. This procedure is costly enough. I don't want to have to buy a whole new wardrobe. I just want to fill out a normal shirt in a normal non-padded bra and look sexy.
BTW, I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
Thanks, westwind! It's nice to hear from a carbon copy. :) I'm going to try the rice trick this weekend, as soon as i buy some. The wardrobe point is a great one! I'm looking forward to buying pretty new bras, but not necessarily new clothes. Do you have a surgery date set?
My surgery is scheduled the first week of October. Getting my lists ready of what I need. Looking at bras and trying to decide which one will be the most comfortable. I also want to get a longer button down nighty so I don't have to worry about getting help with pulling bottoms off to use restroom, smile.
Hi elledubs! So excited for you!! :) Seems like you are doing proper research and really taking your time decide on sizes, which is so great. I know you're going to be just thrilled with your results, and I can't wait to see your After photos :) :)
Wow, you look so good, and not too big for your body at all! Just perfect and natural. I may even take your pics into my doctor! Thanks so much for your support and posting your journey. I'm really happy for you, you look amazing! Thanks for commenting, I'll keep you posted :)
Hi there : ) I am 5'4" and weigh about 112 - I got silicone implants that are 325cc each side - you can see my pics if you go to my review. My folks didn't know I got it done and everyone says they are very natural and I am VERY happy I didn't go bigger. I think 300 would be prefect on you!
Thanks so much for your advice, Coloradogal! Your breasts look great. Does it feel awesome to fill out a bra? I currently only really wear the Pink line from VS, in a 34AA. I can't wait to not have that gap between my breast and a bra!
Hi..I just had mine done yesterday... Reading your profile reminded me of myself.. I'm 120 lbs and 5'2.. I originally thought I wanted 270cc but went for 304cc and followed my doctors advice.. I was worried that they were going to look too big...Im swollen right now and I know they will be 25% smaller after a while...I LOVE the way they look and to me they are perfect! I kinda wish I went bigger...knowing that they will get smaller after the swelling subsides. I would reccomend you do the 300cc : )
Thanks so much for your advice, Californiamama76! The more comments I get from other women, and the more pictures I look at, the more I become interested in doing the 300ccs. I want the biggest my body can handle and still look natural. I actually had an anxiety dream the other night that I went too small! Too funny. Good luck healing and enjoy your new tatas!
hi, you are going to make the best decision for your body and your situation. I too, was very unsure with all my decisions, and when i thought i'd figured everything out, the plans changed! Check out my profile, I am a little larger weight-wise than you, but I think we had similar goals. I def recommend the C vs. the B. The pics you show would put you at a C. The big dif for cup size has to do with your ribcage measurements!! I am 7 days post implants and i did inframmamary crease incision 375cc silicone cohesive gel under the muscle procedure. I was intending on doing 425, but it just didn't fit. my doc tried 400cc, which also didn't fit and we settled on 375ccs. I also believe that i got mod+, but i'll check for sure. I'll try to answer any questions you may have and if it helps, read my profile!!
keep posting your progress!!
Hi elle. I have not had the surgery yet but I'm only 6 days away from my pre-op and 21 till surgery. In 3 weeks, I'll be at home groggy with boobies! I've experienced some of the same reactions you have when telling my coworker, most of which are women. I did tell one guy and he just looked at me, speachless. I laughed and said, "you don't know what to do with that do you?" It was very amusing. The other night at dinner I asked my 22 yo son if he had any questions and he just shook his head no. I believe he does not want to think about his mom having boobs. The biggest shock I will get will be from my mother. My plan is to let her find out the next time she sees me (she lives in PA and I'm in IL); it could be awhile but I hope to have a camcorder to catch it on tape.

Keep posting to let us know how everything is going.
Haha ... oh, man, telling my mom is going to be rough! Mostly because of money issues; she is very practical with money where I am a bit more lassez faire (meaning, I don't mind taking out a loan as the only other debt I have is student loans right now). She has always talked about getting implants herself, so if she has big reservations, I will bring that up. Thanks for posting, I can't wait to see your pictures and see that video! :)

Hey elle~ First of all I must say you have very pretty,perky breasts! If you're going for a natural look I would suggest between 2225-300 cc's max. High profile implants could be too much projection for your small frame. I personally am 5"10 140 lbs and have mod + 304 cc's -currently fit into a full C/D cup. A natural look was very important to me also! Good luck finding a credible PS to help you make the final decision. :-)

225...OOOPS! (2225 might be a bit too large) LOL
Haha, thank you, Kooberry! I really appreciate the feedback and the suggestions so much. I am excited to see my doctor again and try on smaller sizers--the 300 seemed pretty top-heavy; I think I will try on 250s and 275s, make the decision from there. I'll keep you updated!
Hi Elledubs, first off-Congrats on making the decision on getting your BA!! I am just 4days post op but wish I had done this much sooner. I would say for your frame- the decision you have chosen would be a good fit but just remember to trust your PS. That is so important. Luckily for me, my PS and I were on the same page like right away. Those pics you posted on "how u'd like to look" will vary with anyone because we all have different anatomy. I am 4'11 and 3/4th haha so 5'0 and weigh about 101 so pretty similar to you. I went with 300 mentor mod+ filled to 350 and 360 and I love my results. You can check out my pics. Good luck to you!